Start by marking “Nicht nur ein Liebesroman” as Want to Read:
Nicht nur ein Liebesroman

Nicht nur ein Liebesroman

Die siebzehnjährige Sloane hätte nie gedacht, dass sie nach ihrem Umzug von New York nach Florida so schnell Freunde finden würde – vor allem nicht in der glamourösen Vera und ihrem Zwillingsbruder, dem ernsthaften und stillen Gabe. Durch sie beginnt Sloane, sich ganz allmählich zu öffnen. Und lernt bei ihrer Suche nach einem verschollenen Bild schließlich sogar, wie viel ...more
Published September 29th 2017 by Königskinder (first published October 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Nicht nur ein Liebesroman, please sign up.
sydney smith if you love this book you NEED to read Emma Mills' (the author of this book) other books I have read all of her books and they are so so amazing!
Meli
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

may ❀
Full review posted:

THIS. BOOK. IS. PERFECT.

If I could leave that as my review I think it would be sufficient bc like legit, its perfect. I feel like Emma Mills has ruined contemporaries for me because I’ll be comparing them to this perfection and they’ll always come short.

description

But I need to give y’all more incentive to read the book than just that. So im gonna try to write this out. . .

#1: Friendships
- NO GIRL HATE
- I REPEAT
- THERE 👏 IS 👏 NO 👏 GIRL 👏 HATE 👏
- And when the MC thinks bad things about
Lola
Well this sure isn’t your usual ‘‘adventure.’’

Sloane has made it her life quest to find the sold ‘‘The Dream’’ painting and return it to her new friends, Gabe and Vera, to whom the painting belongs.

It’s a fast-paced, humorous and filled with mishaps and unlucky situations type of adventure. It’s easy to lose yourself in this book and just read and read and read.

Because, though it does explore important themes, the atmosphere stays light for 95% of the book.

And this is where it lost points for
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
4.5 stars. Frank Sanger has my heart 🧡
Hamad
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hamad by: Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
A recommendation from the Queen of Contemporary

Actual rating: 4.25 stars

O.M.G.
I should probably read more contemporaries!
Sara, thanks for the recommendation!

description

***Full review now posted***

I like to read a light contemporary novel from time to time when I don't want to be in the heavy world of fantasy. I saw this book on youtube book channels many times before, but always thought that it will be a Meh kind of book, but it turned out to be an underrated book!

let's just take a second to appreciate the
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
Maybe there are people who love someone so much that when they lose them, they never want to be with anyone else again. But maybe there are people who love someone so much that it makes them want to find that kind of love again."

4 stars!

First of all, let me just say that this cover is gorgeouuus! I saw the hardback on Emma's Twitter handle, and I may or may not have pre-ordered a copy the moment I saw it.

I loved Emma's novel First & Then, and loved this novel just as much. This Adventur
Sana
I've decided to settle down with 4 stars.

Anyways, this book was very sugar, spice and everything nice and I did enjoy it, but there were parts where I was left uninterested and sort of waiting for something to happen?

Review to come but in the meantime add this book to your tbr's because it's filled with all the wonderful friendships, love, family, loveable siblings and every healthy and perfect relationship with any person!!!!!! Like oh my god, this book is honestly a gift from god.
Kayla Dawn
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
4.25* I think - this was incredibly fun and beautifully written.

Especially the characters were absolutely awesome.
I wouldn't say Mills got into depth with them but they're all so charming and relatable that I could not not fall in love with them.

Sadly, I just didn't really care for the whole fanfic part (sorry y'all that stuffs just not for me lol), it bored me a little tbh. And the ending was a bit too much for my taste.
emma
yuuuuup yup yup yup yup. emma mills is an auto-buy author for sure.

the cover? gorgeous. the content? readable in a few hours. everything else? tolerable.

the main character of this is both very funny and very annoying. the supporting characters are much the same. there are moments of entertainment and moments of absolute complete full-on boredom. you gotta take both sides.

emma mills books (judging solely based on this and First & Then) have: okay friendships; solid banter; really slow-burn ro
beth
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating - 5 stars.

I read this in a day. I couldn’t put it down.

Emma Mills is an instant buy author for me now. Her books are just so easy and fun to read. It’s just what I needed after reading so much fantasy lately.

RTC (sometime maybe?) 🤷🏻♀
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
I had no clue what to expect of this book and it blew me away. The writing was great and the characters were hilarious and real. And the friendships, oh the friendships. It's everything you want in a group of friends. I loved reading their story.
Julie Zantopoulos
Before we dive into this review please know that I'm low key petitioning for this to be my booktube legacy. I need everyone to read this book!

This was a full package of a book! There were tears (lots of them) laughter (seriously, I annotated a ton of lol's), and lots of love (the hearts in this book abound). You have your classic pop culture references, a barely escaped Dark Mark tattoo- and I also saw an Outsiders and LOTR reference in there, too.

Love fan fic? Then this is your book, too! The
Maureen
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this basically in one sitting because it was SO. FREAKING. GOOD. Emma Mills just keeps getting better and better and BETTER.
This story was precious and amazing. I really enjoyed seeing someone who was a "social media star" from the outside perspective of someone who is not really in that world at all. The writing was on point always, especially the dialogue. I really loved seeing Sloane's journey throughout this book and I all around loved her as a character.
Giselle
An Advance Reader Copy was provided by the publisher for review. Quotes pulled from the ARC may be incorrect and may be subject to change.

Sloane's the new kid. The New Yorker who came to Alabama with her author father, little sister and mother in tow. She's a little bit of a loner, her senior year until her mother encourages her to make new friends. At a party she befriends twins Vera and Gabe who seem like they have everything going and have no qualms about life. That is until she starts to get
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

This was an enjoyable read! I liked Sloane and her family. I especially loved her and Vera's relationship. And I enjoyed the romance.

There wasn't really much of an 'adventure' but it was fun to read about nonetheless. All the family issues were tackled well and realistically. I loved seeing Sloane grow into herself.

Highly recommend.
Stacee
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I loved Emma's other book, so I was excited to get my greedy hands on this one. Even more when I saw lots of people loving it.

Love love loved Sloane. She's snarky as hell and there are so many layers that she doesn't even realize she has. It was truly enjoyable being in her head. There's an amazing group of friends {and parents!} here. I love seeing truthful and supportive group.

I think my obsessiveness comes from the subject of fandom. It was so respectfully and accurately represented and STG i
Romie
A pause. “Sloane, I've written a lot about love. I have written tomes about love. But . . . in real life . . . I don't know if I can explain it. You just . . . know it, when it happens. Or maybe it happens without your conscious thoughts and you just . . . realize it, later.”

If I'm being perfectly honestly, this book wasn't the most perfect book ever written. What a way to start a review, right? But, and I think it's important, I read it the day I needed it. I don't know if it can be considered
Norah Una Sumner
Buddy read with my bro Sara.

Emma Mills is killing me.

Even though I most definitely loved First and Then more than This Adventure Ends, this was still a beautiful and emotional ride. I adore Emma Mills's writing style, I think she has fantastic ideas and somehow she really manages to develop them well. I love well-developed friendships and Emma Mills provided me with this in the most enjoyable way. Even though the "adventure" Sloane undertakes isn't exactly so adventurous and has it's flaws, I
Alyssa
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Publication Date: October 4, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Sloane isn't expecting to fall in with a group of friends when she moves from New York to Florida—especially not a group of friends so intense, so in love, so all-consuming. Yet that's exactly what happens.

Sloane becomes closest to Vera, a social-media star who lights up any roo
Susan
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This Adventure Ends

Emma Mills

Oh my gosh! THIS ADVENTURE ENDS is such a cute and heart warming coming of age story! This is only my second time reading Emma Mills, but she sure knows how to warm my heart! I was instantly hooked on all of the characters and emotionally invested on their lives and troubles. Sloane has just moved from New York to Florida and doesn't have any friends.....yet! At a school party, she meets twins Gabe and Vera and her life is never going to be the same.

THIS ADVENTURE E
Jane
Reread on 11/27/17: Full 5 stars. God, I’d forgotten how much I truly loved this book.

4.5 stars, but rounding up for the enjoyment factor. This is definitely on the fluffy side, but I adored it.
Jaime Arkin
I adored Emma Mills first book, First and Then, so when I found out her second book was coming I knew I had to read this one as soon as I could.

Once I started this one, I honestly couldn’t put it down.

Sloane has recently moved with her family from New York to Florida… in her Senior year of high school. She wasn’t planning on making friends, especially with a group as full of drama and as intense as Vera, Gabe, Remy, Frank and Audrey, but she can’t resist the pull and her life will never be the
Maggie ☘ (Reader-in-Wonderland)
*4.3/5 dynamic-friendship-squad stars*

“We should all find something to be weirdly passionate about, don’t you think?”

This Adventure Ends tells a story about an amazing, passionate and all consuming friendships. It has also such a great family dynamics! Sloane's dad was hilarious force to be reckoned with - He is a writer who is really into fanfiction and I seriously loved how it was depicted here. There's snarky, sarcastically hilarious, flawed and pretty realistic main heroine, remarkable si
Maddie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved everything about this book, but particularly the friendships at the heart of it.

Buzzwords: friendship, slow-burn romance, witty, fanfiction, twins, art, quest/roadtrip, found family
Vanessa
I expected this book just to be a cute, forgettable read. But it made me cry and it made me laugh and I felt so many things I didn't think I could feel while reading a ya contemporary! This was just what i needed: a good, cute and heart wrenching ya contemporary. This book focuses a lot on the theme of friendship and it was so refreshing. The relationships that the mc, Sloane, develops with her new friends (Vera, Gabe, Remy, Aubrey and Frank) are so unique and funny and touching. I loved this bo ...more
Theresa
Jun 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I won this in a giveaway but unfortunately, "This Adventure Ends" by Emma Mills is not my cup of tea. I have nothing against YA novels but for me, they can be a hit or miss. I wish I could tell you what I liked or didn't like about the plot, but to be completely honest, there wasn't a plot to be found. Nothing significant happens to the protagonist, Sloane. She's basically a smart-ass high school student navigating her way to a new school and city. I just found her insanely boring and sarcastic ...more
Lily ☁️
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lily ☁️ by: Sana
2 1/2 stars

This book should have determined whether or not Emma Mills joins the ranks of my favorite (contemporary) authors, and ... I’m not sold on the idea.

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Tumblr | Instagram
Drew
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Maybe… it’s a kind of love where you don’t have to say it. Where they’re such a part of you and you’re such a part of them that it doesn’t need to be said. Because you already know.”

Wow. This was a really great book. It was a well written, fast paced contemporary with characters whom I couldn't help falling in love with. I can't even begin to summarize this emotional, smart, and moving story.

Our main character, Sloane, is sarcastic, intelligent, and incredibly flawed. She constantly overthink
Danielle (Love at First Page)

Yup, it's official: Emma Mills is a new favorite author of mine. I love her contemporaries - her humor, her characters, her swoon (though I wish there was more!) - so so much. The next one can't come soon enough!
Dahlia
(ETA: I wasn't gonna rate this, and I don't even remember if I 5-star loved it, but I do know that I can't seem to physically part with the ARC, and those are 5-star feelings for me to have, so.) I do not say this lightly: Sloane is totally joining the pantheon of my favorite YA MCs. She had me from chapter 1 - her sense of humor, her sense of justice, her loyalty (however misguided it may be sometimes), and especially the fact that she doesn't quite know what to do with her feelings about anyth ...more
ALEXA
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75 stars but it definitely deserves to be rounded up to the full 5. I seriously love this story. The way that Mills portrays relationships, particularly friendships, is incredibly authentic. Her addition of fun details and interesting personalities just makes it even better! While my tiny (very tiny) reservation involves one bit that I'd love to have had more of, I'm altogether in love with this book.

(P.S. I totally teared up. And, okay, shed a tear or two. And yelled in triumph. And felt my h
Read Your Face Of...: Chapters 36-44 4 9 Jul 25, 2018 08:34PM
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • The Upside of Unrequited
  • The Female of the Species
  • Seven Days of You
  • Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1)
  • Afterward
  • The Lovely Reckless
  • Love and First Sight
  • Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1)
  • Rebel Genius (Geniuses #1)
  • By Your Side
  • The Secret Horses of Briar Hill
Emma Mills is an author better known to her subscribers as vlogger Elmify. She is also cocreator and cohost of the "life skills" channel How to Adult, which ended in 2016.
“The thing about fic is that is comes from love. Characters you love so much, that you feel so deeply for, you'll watch them fall in love a thousand different ways, over and over.” 14 likes
“Dreams don't have to be realistic- that's why they're dreams. You have to work to make them happen. Or else they would be...realities” 11 likes