Start by marking “The Wrong Kind of Compatible (Love Undercover, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Kind of Compatible (Love Undercover, #1)

The Wrong Kind of Compatible

(Love Undercover #1)

Data analyst Cassie Howard may be brilliant (and, okay, a little awkward), but she’s worked hard to get where she is. She definitely doesn’t need some sexy new analyst coming in and taking credit for her work. Or the inappropriate thoughts that keep popping out of her mouth she’d rather he not hear.

For undercover FBI agent Drew Kerrigan, computers have always made more sen
Published June 12th 2017 by Entangled Publishing (Lovestruck)

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Kind of Compatible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Kind of Compatible

Dianne
Talk about a fun read! Romance between computer geeks who are more comfortable doing coding than carrying on human interaction! Kadie Scott’s THE WRONG KIND OF COMPATIBLE is a delightful romantic comedy that takes “awkward” to a new level.

Cassie knows her stuff, stick in front of a computer and cut her loose, no problems, she has earned the position she has, one keystroke at a time. Stick her in front of a handsome new geek and watch her filters and firewalls crumble as her thoughts go from her
Sam (AMNReader)
It was part mess, part cute, part sexy, part funny.

Overall a light fluffy read, but I can't give it more than 2.5.

I do think I'm going to try the next one though.
Rê
description

3.5 “FBI & Sexy Nerds” Stars

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you, Entangled (Lovestruck)!

A cute nerd MC, a cute nerd LI, people talking about hacking and a FBI undercover mission make this book a funny, intriguing and unique read.

In The Wrong Kind Of Compatible we have two characters who are pretty much perfect for each other falling in love. Cassie and Drew are both crazy about computers and datas and complicated computer language I can't honestly follow. While Cassie works for growing company as the
Elizabeth Neal
**4.5 Stars**

Cassie is a data analyst, and not much captures her attention like code or all things nerd. Well, until the new employee, Drew, was introduced, that sentence would've been true. But now? Yeah, he hits all of Cassie's wishlist items. Too bad guys like him, even if he is a fellow nerd, never notice women like her. Besides, she's a strong woman and proud of what she's accomplished, especially the new government contract she recently secured, she doesn't need to question her attributes,
Katy
3.5
This was so cute, I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It was short and sweet, almost more of a novella than anything else.

Cassie Howard is a brilliant data analyst who happens to be on the awkward side. One day she gets a new co-worker Drew Kerrigan. He may be an equally socially awkward hacker, but he's also an undercover FBI agent who is trying to find the source of possible illegal activity where Cassie works. He also happens to be super sexy. Sparks fly and drama ensues.

Cassi
Alison
Cassie Howard is a data analyst for a government contractor = nerd. She is lacking social skills and her colleagues treat her a little like Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. One of her quirks is that she can't tell whether she is thinking or talking out loud and frequently expresses her innermost feelings out loud.

Unbeknownst to her, her new colleague Drew Kerrigan is an undercover FBI agent investigating shady dealing at the company where Cassie works. Although Drew is tall, dark-haired,
C

-H not a man whore
-No OW Drama
-LOL moments
-HEA with epilogue

I wanted more!!!! A great book with tons of story!
Ami
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
2.75 stars rounded up

At first I was quite amused with both characters -- a brainiac data analysis who doesn't quite have a brain-to-mouth filter, and an equally socially inept FBI hacker/agent who goes undercover at her company. I mean, I chuckled when Drew had to resort to finding a How-To book to help him figuring out how to talk to Cassie!!

But then I started to get tired with their awkwardness -- it felt a bit over the top. I also didn't like how Drew ended up sleeping with Cassie before the
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
The Wrong Kind of Compatible was a really cute and quirky read. I thought Drew and Cassie were the King and Queen of adorable nerds and I could not get enough. This novel was so funny, "punny", and sexy. It was a fantastic read!

When brilliant and awkward, Data analyst, Cassie Howard meets sexy new analyst Drew Kerrigan sparks fly. Unbeknownst to her, this HOT and "adorkable" new employee is an undercover FBI Agent sent to hack and investigate her for corporate espionage/information theft. But wh
Monique V
Not my favorite but still entertaining.

I liked it but didn't love this book. The story and the characters lacked depth. But I still had a good time reading it!
Alexis
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
*i received this as an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review *

I'm his book was super adorable. I loved every minute of it. I love the the two main characters are with each other. That being said I wish the story was a little longer, it felt a little rushed to me to be honest. Aside from that a cute read!
Ayekah
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story, I loved it! Take one highly intelligent, strong and semi-snarky woman and pair her with a hot undercover FBI agent on his first undercover assignment, who is as brilliant as she is; stir in a little corporate espionage and toss with pressure from his bosses and you get this story. What a great read.
Cassie is a coder, working for a company that just landed a huge government contract due to her hard work. Cassie works at her own level and comes from a family of totally over achievers.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: 'The Wrong Kind of Compatible' by Kadie Scott The Wrong Kind of Compatible by Kadie Scott My rating: 5 of 5 stars 'The Wrong Kind of Compatible' by Kadie Scott is book One in the New series "Love Undercover". This is the story of Drew Kerrigan and Cassie Howard. Cassie is the classic essential nerd who doesn't know if she talking with her inter voice or with her actual voice. So things sometimes just come out of her mouth. But Cassie is a hard worker and once she gets on a proje ...more
Isha Coleman
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
One awkward pairing ends up leading to the perfect match. The Wrong Kind of Compatible is my introduction to author Kadie Scott. She lets readers know that she's a force to be reckoned with. Not many authors can make computer hacking into an exciting story that seduces and intrigues all while laying claim to the body's most vital organ. The heart. Drew and Cassie set out to entice and do so in a way that is as fresh and mysterious as the characters themselves.
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I need to stop buying books with cute covers when they're $1 kindle daily deals; it never ends well.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

The Wrong Kind of Compatible is so cute! And sweet and adorable and kinda sexy. Cassie is a data analyst with a brilliant brain. She's a certified adorable nerd with no filter between her brain and her mouth. When she meets the hot, nerdy guy with glasses who's to become the new analyst working with her directly, she's flustered, and turned on.

Drew is just as flustered as Cassie, even more so, because he's not there to really work with her. He's an FBI agent undercover and he's just discovered t
Didi
Undercover FBI agent story this might be, don't imagine it as some sort of adrenaline-spike thriller. The Wrong Kind of Compatible is a romcom of said agent met with a brainiac data analyst.

This is the first Kadie Scott's book I read and I enjoyed the sexy, humorous tone of it. It didn't try to be overly complicated. In fact, I had a feeling the whole federal agents code and op got tone-down or simplify for the story to be easily accepted.

It help that the main characters here, Drew and Cassie
Wendy
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feel-good
Full review will appear on my blog on May 17th:https://nextbookaroundthecorner.wordp...

What can I say? I really like books, where the girl gets to be the geek. As a bit of a nerd myself, I can enjoy a book where the main character is smart and sassy. And Cassie certainly is that kind of a character. She is actually pretty hilarious, because of all the inappropriate comments that she just can't keep to herself.

One of her first encounters with Drew isn't going over very smoothly. As the main data
Bec
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

FBI agent Drew Kerrigan faces a tough undercover assignment when he's tasked to work alongside someone who has just as impressive computer skills as he does. Too bad she's his target and the only way to get close to her is to unleash his charm on her; charm he needs to find quickly, considering he's better with computers than people. However, the closer he gets with Cassie, the harder he finds it to believe she's responsible for what's going on inside the company she works for. But when the trut
Eva
the wrong kind of compatible is a charming romantic comedy about two socially awkward, yet brilliant computer data analysts. drew kerrigan is an fbi agent working undercover to discover why data minds has suddenly won a slew of government contracts, and why those proposals contained information that looks like corporate espionage. his main suspect is cassie howard.

cassie comes from a family of overachievers, and she is the best at the type of work she does. so when her company hires someone in a
Corey
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Wrong Kind of Compatible, a smart, sexy Contemporary Romantic Comedy, the first of the Love Undercover series. Cassie & Drew are two scary smart, data analysts working hard to build their careers in New York City. Cassie is a woman who simply doesn’t do sub-par & is currently laser focused on an analysis that will take the company she works for to an even higher level. Drew is the new computer whiz hired to help her make that happen – who also happens to be one of the best hackers in ...more
Taylor  H.
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review *

If you are looking for a light, fun read, then look no further than The Wrong Kind of Compatible! This is a fast read full of charming dialogue that will put a smile on your face!

The story focuses on Drew and Cassie, who are each quirky and awkward in their own way. They both feel a little off beat from everyone else, and as if no one really fully gets them. However, as luck would have it, it just so happens that Drew and Cassie
Mara Scales
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With this being my first read from Kadie Scott, I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by the nerd-on-nerd action and chemistry Drew Kerrigan and Cassie Howard had despite them both being socially awkward. When I read the blurb for this book, I liked that she went with nerd-on-nerd romance because the norm is usually 'one's a nerd, one's a total dreamboat'. The banter between these two was unique unto themselves because they both spoke the same nerdy language.
Even though Cassie
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Emerald Book Reviews

The Wrong Kind of Compatible is an absolutely charming romance, mixed heavily with nerd innuendo, drama, conspiracy, comedy, sexual tension and butterfly-inducing romance.

'"You really want to keep going?"
"I could go all night."
By his minuscule flinch, she guessed he hadn't meant to put that one out there. She found the unintentional ones the most adorable because she could see how secretly annoyed with himself he got. She liked the awkward side to him. He was too dang good-l
J
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

First let me just say...the cover on this book? HOT! I'm so used to seeing lots of skin on romance covers (not that I'm complaining) but I had forgotten just how freaking sexy a guy in a dress shirt and tie is! Love it.

This is the first book I have read by Kadie Scott (It looks like it's the first book she's written unless she has another pen name? It's the only one listed on Goodreads anyway) and I really enjoyed it. It was such a fun, sweet, cute read. I loved that BOTH the MC's were
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
MY RATING: 5/5 STARS!

I knew this was a good read from page one. It was whip smart funny and adorable, filled with lovable characters that aren't afraid to be quirky.

Drew and Cassie are basically the same person. Both are socially awkward and both love computers, coding, hacking, and building programs from scratch. Their idea of foreplay? Fighting about how to code the next line or which direction their latest computer program should take. Also, computer tech sexual innuendos. I loved it all and
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Wait. That really does it for you? Nerdy sex jokes?”
A pink flush crept into her cheeks. “Maybe.”

Oh, holy mother of geeky heroes! Nerdy sex jokes definitely do it for me—and for Cassie, clearly—and The Wrong Kind of Compatible is full of them. And clumsy, unintentional innuendo. Which is, like, the holy grail for nerd-loving readers like myself.

You guys, this book is so delightful. It’s light-hearted and completely charming; an easy, fast read that’s jam-packed with likable characters and a fun
Becca
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a good geeky, awkward relationship book and The Wrong Kind of Compatible was full of fun awkwardness and sexy, geek filled fun.

Cassie is a genius. She's use to working by herself and people looking to her for answers. She's the coding queen and very happy with that position at her job. So she's a little taken aback at the sight of Drew, a new employee who will be working with her on coding but is drop dead gorgeous...Geeks can be cute but not GQ gorgeous like Drew!

But Drew has a secret -
Barbara
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a quirky fun RomCom! The author has written a hysterical story that will keep you grinning and laughing out loud throughout the pages. The banter of constant witty innuendos between the two lead characters, Drew and Cassie, is absolutely adorable.

Drew, a hacker/analysis for the FBI is sent on his first undercover op to catch the culprit of a cyber crime. Cassie, the head of her company’s analytical team, is his #1 suspect. The attraction these two have is instantaneous. But Drew has a job t
B.
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you like geeky alpha heroes, then you’ll enjoy this book. The hero, Drew Kerrigan, is an undercover FBI agent sent to Cassie Howard’s company to use his computer and hacking skills to figure out how the company seemed to have stolen data from other companies in order to get a government contract. Cassie is not your typical heroine. She’s a brilliant, socially awkward programmer. And she’s Drew’s chief suspect.

So, of course, these two who have so much in common - their geekiness and poor soci
  • The Seduction Game
  • Called Out (Calling It, #3)
  • Jumping the Fence (OC Pride, #1)
  • Bad Vibes (The Edge of Texas #3)
  • New York Nights (Heart of the City #2)
  • The Escape Diaries (Life and Love on the Lam, #1)
  • Caught on Camera (Hollywood in Muskoka Book 1)
  • Wilder than the Rest (MacLarens of Fire Mountain, #6)
  • It Took A Rumor
  • I'm Not in the Band
  • The Right Fit
  • Two Geeks And Their Girl
  • Storm Warning (Security Specialists International #4)
  • At Fairfield Orchard (Fairfield Orchard #1)
  • Backward Compatible
  • Yesterday's Tomorrows
  • The Heartbeat Hypothesis
  • Hunting Danger (Redemption Harbor, #5)
Award-winning contemporary romance author, Kadie Scott, grew up consuming books and exploring the world through her writing. She attempted to find a practical career related to her favorite pastime by earning a degree in English Rhetoric (Technical Writing). However, she swiftly discovered that writing without imagination is not nearly as fun as writing with it.

No matter the genre, she loves to wr

Love Undercover (2 books)
  • The Attraction Equation (Love Undercover, #2)