Start by marking “The Wrong Kind of Compatible” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Kind of Compatible

The Wrong Kind of Compatible (Love Undercover #1)

Data analyst Cassie Howard may be brilliant (and, okay, a little awkward), but she’s worked hard to get where she is. She definitely doesn’t need some sexy new analyst coming in and taking credit for her work. Or the inappropriate thoughts that keep popping out of her mouth she’d rather he not hear.

For undercover FBI agent Drew Kerrigan, computers have always made more sen
ebook
Published June 12th 2017 by Entangled Publishing (Lovestruck)

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Kind of Compatible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Kind of Compatible

Dianne
Talk about a fun read! Romance between computer geeks who are more comfortable doing coding than carrying on human interaction! Kadie Scott’s THE WRONG KIND OF COMPATIBLE is a delightful romantic comedy that takes “awkward” to a new level.

Cassie knows her stuff, stick in front of a computer and cut her loose, no problems, she has earned the position she has, one keystroke at a time. Stick her in front of a handsome new geek and watch her filters and firewalls crumble as her thoughts go from her
Rê
description

3.5 “FBI & Sexy Nerds” Stars

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you, Entangled (Lovestruck)!

A cute nerd MC, a cute nerd LI, people talking about hacking and a FBI undercover mission make this book a funny, intriguing and unique read.

In The Wrong Kind Of Compatible we have two characters who are pretty much perfect for each other falling in love. Cassie and Drew are both crazy about computers and datas and complicated computer language I can't honestly follow. While Cassie works for growing company as the
Alison
Cassie Howard is a data analyst for a government contractor = nerd. She is lacking social skills and her colleagues treat her a little like Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. One of her quirks is that she can't tell whether she is thinking or talking out loud and frequently expresses her innermost feelings out loud.

Unbeknownst to her, her new colleague Drew Kerrigan is an undercover FBI agent investigating shady dealing at the company where Cassie works. Although Drew is tall, dark-haired,
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 10, 2017 Bookgasms Book Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
The Wrong Kind of Compatible was a really cute and quirky read. I thought Drew and Cassie were the King and Queen of adorable nerds and I could not get enough. This novel was so funny, "punny", and sexy. It was a fantastic read!

When brilliant and awkward, Data analyst, Cassie Howard meets sexy new analyst Drew Kerrigan sparks fly. Unbeknownst to her, this HOT and "adorkable" new employee is an undercover FBI Agent sent to hack and investigate her for corporate espionage/information theft. But wh
C

-H not a man whore
-No OW Drama
-LOL moments
-HEA with epilogue

I wanted more!!!! A great book with tons of story!
Alexis
May 26, 2017 Alexis rated it really liked it
*i received this as an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review *

I'm his book was super adorable. I loved every minute of it. I love the the two main characters are with each other. That being said I wish the story was a little longer, it felt a little rushed to me to be honest. Aside from that a cute read!
Elizabeth Neal
**4.5 Stars**

Cassie is a data analyst, and not much captures her attention like code or all things nerd. Well, until the new employee, Drew, was introduced, that sentence would've been true. But now? Yeah, he hits all of Cassie's wishlist items. Too bad guys like him, even if he is a fellow nerd, never notice women like her. Besides, she's a strong woman and proud of what she's accomplished, especially the new government contract she recently secured, she doesn't need to question her attributes,
Ayekah
May 12, 2017 Ayekah rated it really liked it
Great story, I loved it! Take one highly intelligent, strong and semi-snarky woman and pair her with a hot undercover FBI agent on his first undercover assignment, who is as brilliant as she is; stir in a little corporate espionage and toss with pressure from his bosses and you get this story. What a great read.
Cassie is a coder, working for a company that just landed a huge government contract due to her hard work. Cassie works at her own level and comes from a family of totally over achievers.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: 'The Wrong Kind of Compatible' by Kadie Scott The Wrong Kind of Compatible by Kadie Scott My rating: 5 of 5 stars 'The Wrong Kind of Compatible' by Kadie Scott is book One in the New series "Love Undercover". This is the story of Drew Kerrigan and Cassie Howard. Cassie is the classic essential nerd who doesn't know if she talking with her inter voice or with her actual voice. So things sometimes just come out of her mouth. But Cassie is a hard worker and once she gets on a proje ...more
Isha Coleman
Jun 12, 2017 Isha Coleman rated it really liked it
One awkward pairing ends up leading to the perfect match. The Wrong Kind of Compatible is my introduction to author Kadie Scott. She lets readers know that she's a force to be reckoned with. Not many authors can make computer hacking into an exciting story that seduces and intrigues all while laying claim to the body's most vital organ. The heart. Drew and Cassie set out to entice and do so in a way that is as fresh and mysterious as the characters themselves.
Maddy's Reading
This was a short, sweet fun read and I loved both the characters a lot. Cassie is a super-nerd coder working for a company where she helped land a huge government deal. However, this deal and the company’s working has caught the eye of FBI and Drew is sent undercover to find out any wrongdoings. She thinks he’s here to take over her job while he’s here to spy on her and her company.
I likes Cassie’s character, how she comes from a family of over-achievers and is always trying to justify her prof
Wendy
May 14, 2017 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feel-good
Full review will appear on my blog on May 17th:https://nextbookaroundthecorner.wordp...

What can I say? I really like books, where the girl gets to be the geek. As a bit of a nerd myself, I can enjoy a book where the main character is smart and sassy. And Cassie certainly is that kind of a character. She is actually pretty hilarious, because of all the inappropriate comments that she just can't keep to herself.

One of her first encounters with Drew isn't going over very smoothly. As the main data
Bec
Jun 05, 2017 Bec rated it really liked it

FBI agent Drew Kerrigan faces a tough undercover assignment when he's tasked to work alongside someone who has just as impressive computer skills as he does. Too bad she's his target and the only way to get close to her is to unleash his charm on her; charm he needs to find quickly, considering he's better with computers than people. However, the closer he gets with Cassie, the harder he finds it to believe she's responsible for what's going on inside the company she works for. But when the trut
Eva
the wrong kind of compatible is a charming romantic comedy about two socially awkward, yet brilliant computer data analysts. drew kerrigan is an fbi agent working undercover to discover why data minds has suddenly won a slew of government contracts, and why those proposals contained information that looks like corporate espionage. his main suspect is cassie howard.

cassie comes from a family of overachievers, and she is the best at the type of work she does. so when her company hires someone in a
Corey
Jun 15, 2017 Corey rated it really liked it
The Wrong Kind of Compatible, a smart, sexy Contemporary Romantic Comedy, the first of the Love Undercover series. Cassie & Drew are two scary smart, data analysts working hard to build their careers in New York City. Cassie is a woman who simply doesn’t do sub-par & is currently laser focused on an analysis that will take the company she works for to an even higher level. Drew is the new computer whiz hired to help her make that happen – who also happens to be one of the best hackers in ...more
Taylor  H.
Jun 19, 2017 Taylor H. rated it really liked it
* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review *

If you are looking for a light, fun read, then look no further than The Wrong Kind of Compatible! This is a fast read full of charming dialogue that will put a smile on your face!

The story focuses on Drew and Cassie, who are each quirky and awkward in their own way. They both feel a little off beat from everyone else, and as if no one really fully gets them. However, as luck would have it, it just so happens that Drew and Cassie
Mara Scales
Jun 17, 2017 Mara Scales rated it it was amazing
With this being my first read from Kadie Scott, I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by the nerd-on-nerd action and chemistry Drew Kerrigan and Cassie Howard had despite them both being socially awkward. When I read the blurb for this book, I liked that she went with nerd-on-nerd romance because the norm is usually 'one's a nerd, one's a total dreamboat'. The banter between these two was unique unto themselves because they both spoke the same nerdy language.
Even though Cassie
Nicole McCurdy
Jun 04, 2017 Nicole McCurdy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emerald Book Reviews

The Wrong Kind of Compatible is an absolutely charming romance, mixed heavily with nerd innuendo, drama, conspiracy, comedy, sexual tension and butterfly-inducing romance.

'"You really want to keep going?"
"I could go all night."
By his minuscule flinch, she guessed he hadn't meant to put that one out there. She found the unintentional ones the most adorable because she could see how secretly annoyed with himself he got. She liked the awkward side to him. He was too dang good-l
J
Jun 12, 2017 J rated it it was amazing

First let me just say...the cover on this book? HOT! I'm so used to seeing lots of skin on romance covers (not that I'm complaining) but I had forgotten just how freaking sexy a guy in a dress shirt and tie is! Love it.

This is the first book I have read by Kadie Scott (It looks like it's the first book she's written unless she has another pen name? It's the only one listed on Goodreads anyway) and I really enjoyed it. It was such a fun, sweet, cute read. I loved that BOTH the MC's were
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jun 10, 2017 Beth ~ Panda & Boodle rated it it was amazing
“Wait. That really does it for you? Nerdy sex jokes?”
A pink flush crept into her cheeks. “Maybe.”

Oh, holy mother of geeky heroes! Nerdy sex jokes definitely do it for me—and for Cassie, clearly—and The Wrong Kind of Compatible is full of them. And clumsy, unintentional innuendo. Which is, like, the holy grail for nerd-loving readers like myself.

You guys, this book is so delightful. It’s light-hearted and completely charming; an easy, fast read that’s jam-packed with likable characters and a fun
Becca
Jun 19, 2017 Becca rated it it was amazing
I love a good geeky, awkward relationship book and The Wrong Kind of Compatible was full of fun awkwardness and sexy, geek filled fun.

Cassie is a genius. She's use to working by herself and people looking to her for answers. She's the coding queen and very happy with that position at her job. So she's a little taken aback at the sight of Drew, a new employee who will be working with her on coding but is drop dead gorgeous...Geeks can be cute but not GQ gorgeous like Drew!

But Drew has a secret -
Barbara
Jun 12, 2017 Barbara rated it it was amazing
What a quirky fun RomCom! The author has written a hysterical story that will keep you grinning and laughing out loud throughout the pages. The banter of constant witty innuendos between the two lead characters, Drew and Cassie, is absolutely adorable.

Drew, a hacker/analysis for the FBI is sent on his first undercover op to catch the culprit of a cyber crime. Cassie, the head of her company’s analytical team, is his #1 suspect. The attraction these two have is instantaneous. But Drew has a job t
Betsy Newmark
May 30, 2017 Betsy Newmark rated it it was amazing
If you like geeky alpha heroes, then you’ll enjoy this book. The hero, Drew Kerrigan, is an undercover FBI agent sent to Cassie Howard’s company to use his computer and hacking skills to figure out how the company seemed to have stolen data from other companies in order to get a government contract. Cassie is not your typical heroine. She’s a brilliant, socially awkward programmer. And she’s Drew’s chief suspect.

So, of course, these two who have so much in common - their geekiness and poor soci
Julie
Jun 19, 2017 Julie rated it it was amazing
An intriguing story that's well thought out and written. There's Cassie, she's a super nerd data analyst and Drew her supposed assistant, who unknown to her is really a top undercover FBI agent and hacker who's secretly investigating her for shady dealings and theft.
He digs deep but it becomes even more interesting when his plans begin to blur and Drew and Cassie's feelings become involved.
Good character and plot development with a very satisfying conclusion.
I found this to be a wonderful story
Didi
Undercover FBI agent story this might be, don't imagine it as some sort of adrenaline-spike thriller. The Wrong Kind of Compatible is a romcom of said agent met with a brainiac data analyst.

This is the first Kadie Scott's book I read and I enjoyed the sexy, humorous tone of it. It didn't try to be overly complicated. In fact, I had a feeling the whole federal agents code and op got tone-down or simplify for the story to be easily accepted.

It help that the main characters here, Drew and Cassie
Tobi Forget the Housework, I'm Reading...
The Wrong Kind of Compatible is a story of two computer nerds. I liked Cassie she was the true nerd and I love the fact that the girl is a nerd. She also has spunk, and klutziness. Drew drove me a bit nuts with his determination that Cassie was the only one who could possibly have done it. Yet there were times where he was so sweet and unique for the hero that he had his moments. There is very technical language, if you don't know a lot about it you start feeling a bit lost. The attraction betwe ...more
Dawn Herring
May 18, 2017 Dawn Herring rated it really liked it
This was a captivating story with an adorable, quirky heroine and geeky-hot hero. The two main characters have great chemistry, and the suspense element of the story made it even that much better. I found myself reading this one late into the night, unable to put it down. This one also has some humor; I laughed out loud several times. It's been a while since I've found a book like this one that is able to blend so many elements (humor, suspense, likeable characters, riveting plot) together and m ...more
Bette Hansen
Jun 04, 2017 Bette Hansen rated it really liked it
Cute, sexy, and funny in a totally geeky kind of way! I loved these characters. Cassie and the way she says whatever pops into her brain and Drew with his sexy geekness made this story so much fun to read. Drew works for the FBI and is undercover investigating the company Cassie works for in shady deals on government contracts. All the evidence points to Cassie but Drew's gut tells him she's not cut out for underhanded dealings. So now is he working to prove she's guilty or working to find who t ...more
Lori
Jun 12, 2017 Lori rated it really liked it
4.5****

This has to be one of the cutest nerd books I have ever read. Being a nerd myself, I absolutely adored Cassie and Drew's story. I smiled and laughed at their double meaning lines and at her outbursts when she didn't realize she said things out loud. I enjoyed their chemistry and their arguments. And I even got a little sad when everything came to light. This was a charming and delightful read from start to finish.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the publisher thr
Donna (More Than a Review)
Jun 12, 2017 Donna (More Than a Review) rated it really liked it
I found The Wrong Kind of Compatible to be a very funny read. You could not help but love both of the characters and the quirky personalities. Their geekiness was adorable.

warning: this is not a clean read, there is sexual references throughout, at least one physical scene, and some profanity.
if these things do not bother you i think you will find this to be a fun romantic comedy

I rate books on content at More Than a Review dot com.
« previous 1 3 next »
Award-winning contemporary romance author, Kadie Scott, grew up consuming books and exploring the world through her writing. She attempted to find a practical career related to her favorite pastime by earning a degree in English Rhetoric (Technical Writing). However, she swiftly discovered that writing without imagination is not nearly as fun as writing with it.

No matter the genre, she loves to wr
More about Kadie Scott...