Start by marking “The Scent of Roses (Dark Romeo, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Scent of Roses (Dark Romeo, #2)

The Scent of Roses (Dark Romeo #2)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  148 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
The sequel to Love Sprung From Hate, Dark Romeo #1.

The game becomes more deadly as the lies get bigger. Risks will be taken, loyalties will be tested, but will Roman and Julianna take the biggest risk of all…giving into their hearts?

Inspired by Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, this is a retelling for mature audiences. Don’t enter the Underworld if you’re scared of the dark.
Published July 13th 2017 by SB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Scent of Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scent of Roses

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Shelves: romance
As a lover of Shakespearean tragedy, the Dark Romeo trilogy was something that I knew I had to read as soon as I heard about it. Don’t get me wrong, I think Romeo and Juliet were two stupid kids that mistook intense lust for love, but the story is a great one nonetheless! Before I came to that conclusion as an adult, I thought the story was incredibly romantic. Something about feelings so strong that you would give up anything and risk everything for another person is even more beautiful than lo ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What if…If only…The answers were ones that we didn’t want to face.
Ain't that the truth **sigh** . Man Proposes and God Disposes. In this case it's not the Gods above but the Powers on this earth , that are on opposite sides , are against the lovers - Roman and Julianna.
Are they fated the same tragic end as the iconic , literary lovers?. I'd hate to see it that way, but the way the story is going, hope is diminishing fast . Their lives are like railroad tracks, running together . Parallel yet no
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
First and foremost kudos to Blake for the deuce picking up to the friggin sentence where book one (the Ace) ended!!!

Drama to the left, angst and intensity to the doggone right! Every single thing that can hinder any progress Roman makes with his woman is shot to hell in a hand basket! If it weren't for bad luck, these two wouldn't have any luck at all! Ya think it's over??!!! It ain't over until THE Tyrell gives his permission for the fat lady to sing!

This story is so hyped on adrenaline you g
Melanie (mells_view)
Agghhhhh I need book three ASAP!

Once again. All I really will say is if you like a dark gritty city mafia retelling of Romeo and Juliet then you should definitely read this series!

The sexual tension between Roman and Julianna is off the charts. I kept yelling my head they just needed to admit their feelings for each other, and get it on again! Haha. This is a really good read. The star-crossed lovers plot isn't really anything new, but the writing is good and the story keeps you turning pages. I
My Next BookBf
"You know," the Father continued, "she could be good for you."
I almost choked on my own tongue. "I'd be the end of her. Don't you remember who my family is? I'm a danger to her just by wanting her, just by thinking about her, by breathing her name out loud."

Well, hot damn! When you think the book can't get any better and bam! it proves you wrong. This book was everything I looked in a book angst, romance, love twist, anguish, alpha male, a great plot that you don't see coming,  strong-minded h
Simii Khanom
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gahhhh! I'm gonna hyperventilate! I need the final book immediately!
Roman and Juliana FTW!
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
Roman Tyrell & Julianna Capulet

The Prince of Darkness & The Princess of Light.

for·bid·den
[fərˈbidn]
not allowed, banned.

The Scent of Roses picks right up after Love Sprung from Hate. Julianna and Roman have both agreed that they need to stay far away from one another. To keep each-other both alive. But the pull is too strong.... Their love is extraordinary, but fate will once again try to break them apart.

No one knows about their affair, and it's only a matter of time before it blow
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
I was so excited for this book and it was AMAZING!!
The piling up of secrets, danger, and mystery really has me on the edge of my seat and I'm so anxious for the next book!

This is not a standalone within a series, you've gotta read them all, but it will be totally worth it to invest your time, because this is a goodie! The dynamics between all of these characters give them all such a clear voice and it's so easy to visualize them all. I feel like I'm watching a movie as I read, which rarely hap
Jamie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-arc-s
Dark Romeo picks up right where, Love Sprung from Hate, leaves. You absolutely have to read book 1 in order to understand what is going on.

Starcrossed lovers? Check! Drama? Check! Angst? Double Check! The Scent of Roses, kept me engaged, enthralled. I absolutely had to turn the page! Sienna Blake is a new to me author and I'm telling you! I am sooo happy I picked her up. Actually, I think she was a rec' from a trusted book friend, but either way, YOU NEED TO READ THIS SERIES. It is action packed
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up where book 1 left off. And holy moly, does Sienna know how to keep you in the ledge!

Will they throw caution to the wind and give in to their ever increasing attraction? Or will they be sensible and stay away from each other?

I can’t say much because it will give it away. But READ THIS SERIES!! I am so anxious for book 3. I’m so curious how it ends! And I can only pray it’s not like the true Romeo and Juliette.
Samantha Jayne Grubey (ABookHaven)
What is with these cliffhangers (sort of) either way I love itttt

The Book Bee
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: ONE MORE BOOK TO GO!!!
"How selfish am I that I could consider ruining her just so I could have her?"

ANOTHER AMAZING RIDE! I am really enjoying this series. I can tell you with it being my first mafia series, it is most definitely holding my interest! This is also the only one that I have ever signed up for because it immediately piqued my interest. I have enjoyed the sarcasm and the wit in Juliana and I have enjoyed the smirk and the aggravatingly sexy, brooding man in Roman.

I loved LO
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: july
Sienna Blake has ripped my heart out of my chest while it was mid beat and left a big gaping hole!! This emotionally, dramatic, action packed story will be the death of me!! I honestly don’t know if my heart can handle any more. The agony and apprehension will rip you apart while you watch the two star crossed lovers battle all that is against them.

Roman will rule you and then he will ruin you. He is tender, but he can be so unnecessarily cruel. Roman has conceded his fate as the heir to the Tyr
Just Let Me Read- Sammy
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roman and Julianna's sexy and emotionally compelling story continues with The Scent of Roses, a book packed with suspense, drama, and danger. Sienna Blake knows how to weave a thrilling storyline and does so flawlessly with this book. A forbidden attraction reaches new levels of danger in Roman and Julianna's passionate and intriguing story.

"I'm not your prince. I am the monster in this story and you'd do well to never forget that."

Picking up right where book 1 left off, Roman and Julianna find
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Scent of Roses (Dark Romeo, #2)
By: Sienna Blake
4.5 Stars

Picking up right where we left off in Love Sprung from Hate (Dark Romeo, #1), Roman and Julianna have no one on their side but themselves. But the love they have for each other makes them grow stronger!

In this story, the tangled web gets woven tighter… There is no one who you can truly trust. Whether it be family, co-workers, friends, strangers… It seems like everyone is pitted against Roman and Julianna becoming a couple.

Julianna being
Brigitte
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This second instalment picks up right where it left off in the first one. The pace is consistent and doesn't give any reprieve.

Roman and Julianna continue to struggle with their feelings. Roman is convinced that he is not worthy of Julianna. She can see the good in him but, being a Capulet puts her in a position where she could lose everything and everyone if she is not careful. They try to stay away from each other but, it only takes a look or a touch for the fire to be ignited between them. W
Kelley  Benson
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It has been a while since I have binged a series, but Sienna has pulled me in and I can't stop until I find out how Roman and Jules story ends! The Scent of Roses starts off right where I was left hanging from that major cliffhanger in book 1, and continues on the suspenseful and thrilling ride through Roman and Jules relationship. I loved seeing how their bond is growing stronger and their chemistry will set your kindle on fire. There are so many twists and turns, hot and cold, that I didn't kn ...more
Eryn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Our eyes met. The air snapped with tension. All at once I felt like I might suddenly take flight, my chest and stomach both fluttering like frantic doves. And yet, I felt like I was drowning, a liquid heat rushing up to swallow me whole."

Sienna's follow up to Love Sprung From Hate has even surpassed its predecessor! We get to see further into both Roman Jules' lives and character, both the good and the bad. The strengths and the vulnerabilities. And, of course, the intense passion between them.
Becky Rendon
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Scent of Roses is book two in the Dark Romeo series. It begins at the end of book one and continues to tell the story of our star crossed lovers.

It answers questions and hides truths but if you pay attention you may just know exactly what's going on. My conspiracy theories are all firmly in the I Know...but let's see space. I love trying to figure it out before the reveal.

I also have a crush on Roman but would love to b!tch slap him. Just saying...

I can't wait to see what's in store for me
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hold on tight because this story will take you for a ride!!! The suspense, the intensity, and the fast pace will keep you on the edge of your seat with your heart beating so fast that you need to put it down to try and catch your breath but let me tell you......you won't be able to put it down. The second you even think about putting it down, you realize that you need to know what happens next more. The level of suspense and intensity of suspense will make you feel as though you have read a full ...more
SOMDReigel
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roman and Julianna are intense, fire and lightning, cannot get out from under each other’s skin. It is a push-pull/hot-cold relationship as they know the danger of being together. They fight each other as well as themselves trying to stay away from each other in this forbidden romance. So far, their secret affair is safe, but you have the sense that something is coming and it’s not good. Each time Julianna tries to convince him that she is on his side, knows that he is not like his father, she p ...more
Jessica
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I volunteered to read an arc of this book. No form of payment was received.

This continues right where book 1 Love Sprung From Hate left off. You need to read that before this one.

The chemistry between Roman and Julianna is off the charts. There is so much to this story and I don't want to give anything away.

This is a must read book filled with drama, violence and some really hot sex scenes. One click this when it releases!

I so can't wait for the last book in this series to see what happens n
Coco.V
Sep 23, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (9/23/2017)!
Anne Milne
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The drama is at full throttle in this instalment of Roman and Jules epic story, if this was a tv show it would be one of those huge lavish productions.
This is a story you get invested in you really can't help diving straight into all the drama and angst. It's a drama filled story that has you on the edge of your seat at times I was screaming at both Jules and Roman in frustration. As a reader we are in a unique position that we can see what's happening that they don't and even when I was shouti
Kira
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia, romance
Maria Angie Mendoza
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scent of Roses picks up right where book 1 ends.
Roman and Julianna are back as their edgy, tantalizing and emotional story continues.
These 2 characters continue to develop and evolve as the secrets, twists and turns increase. The writing was flawless, the plot exciting and easy to follow.
The build up, the suspense and the sharp family divides are magnified in Scent of Roses.
I was totally absorbed by this story so that sleep deprivation became a blissful book hangover!!
Bring on book 3!
Cecily Bonney
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Scent of Roses will having you hanging off the edge of your seat!

Roman is still one badass book boyfriend. In this book he is a bit scary. He sold his sold to the devil in book one and now the devil I collecting the debit.

He is torn and his father's business is getting into his head. I for one still love and adore this character. He is so sweet and his eyes are all about Juliana.

Now Juliana is fierce! If I was getting as much whiplash as she is I would lose my mind!

Overall this series is g
NC Reader
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yowza! Book 2 starts off right where book one left us..... the uninvited guest knocking on the door. My anxiety level was off the charts while reading this book. Blake's writing makes you physically feel the emotional torment Roman and Juliana are experiencing.
When Roman is asked how he would describe "his woman", his reply was "She dims even the stars".... SWOON! I'm done y'all! Roman Tyrell knows all the right words and when to say them. I can not wait to get ahold of book 3!
Naomi
Shelves: arc-author, on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

After how Love Sprung from Hate ended, I have been excited to get my hands on the next book in the Dark Romeo series, to see if Roman and Julianna would be able to get themselves out of the situation they were in. It was exciting, intense and just as sizzling as the first book in the series.

I liked seeing more to Romans life, and that Julianna was able to get to know Roman better as well. She also found herself in a situation that threatened her life that
Sienna Blake
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this

IT'S LIVE!!!
99c for a limited time!
FREE in Kindle Unlimited:
Amazon.us | Amazon.uk | Amazon.ca | Amazon.au

To celebrate, Love Sprung From Hate (#1) and The Scent of Roses (#2) are both on sale for USD99c! Limited time only!

DR2 Release Banner

Dark Romeo is an angsty Romeo & Juliet mafia romance, a spin-off to my Bound series that you all loved so much. Move over, Caden Thaine. Hello, Roman Tyrell!

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sienna Blake is a storyteller & inksinger, wordspinner of love stories with grit, and alter ego of a USA Today Bestselling Author.

She loves all things that make her heart race — rollercoasters, thrillers and rowdy unrestrained sex.

If she told you who she really was, she’d have to kill you. Because of her passion for crime and forensics, she’d totally get away with your murder.

Sienna also runs
More about Sienna Blake

Dark Romeo (3 books)
  • Love Sprung From Hate (Dark Romeo, #1)
  • Hanging in the Stars (Dark Romeo, #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Mr. Paradise
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
  • Sometimes I Lie: A Novel
  • Force of Nature
  • Bonfire
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Monk's Hood (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
  • Before the Fall
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • American by Day
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)