Start by marking “Love's Rhythm (Heart of Fame #1)” as Want to Read:
Love's Rhythm (Heart of Fame #1)

Love's Rhythm

(Heart of Fame #1)

Lauren Robbins is the one that got away. Lured by the promise of fame, Nick Blackthorne turned his back on the possibility of a regular life and love to focus on his career. But years down the line, still unable to erase Lauren from his heart, Nick realizes he needs to find her, even if all she’ll accept from him is an apology for walking out all those years ago.

No one wou

Published May 10th 2017 by Entangled: Select Contemporary (first published April 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Love's Rhythm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Rhythm

Stacia (the 2010 club)
"Until this afternoon, Lauren had said all of about ten words about you."
Nick's heart did a rapid little thud at the idea of Lauren talking about him. "What were those ten words?"
"I went out with Nick Blackthorne once. Stupidest thing I've ever done."
Dull disappointment dropped into his gut. "That's twelve words."

Adult review for erotic content.
Review 1 (reviewing as a romance book)

Big thumbs up in this department. When a famous rock star come to town to rekindle an old romance with the only w
Geri Reads
Nov 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER ALERT!!

I'm going directly to the point here: The heroine killed the whole story for me. I get that she wanted to protect your son but she could have at least told Nick about his son. Instead, she went out of his way to hide him from his father for 15 years!!! 15 years, people!! And her reasons were so shallow. Nick is a rock star and she knew when they started going out that that was what he wanted to be. Heck, they grew up together! His ambition was no secret to her. So when he started
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
My first read by this author, spoilers and excessive obscenities ahead

At the beginning of this I felt like I was missing something as Nic received the wedding invite if a couple who he claimed saved his life. As that wedding invite lead to him going off in search of the love of his life who he left behind I paused my reading to look for previous books in this series. Turns out Nick had lost his muse and he found it after fucking with a couple......wait what? He actually had sex with the couple w
Sheryl C. Nash
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC... BLOODY EFFING BRILLIANT!!! OMG...

Firstly how could i not love a story based in my adopted country; Australia? Added to the fact that when we first meet Nick, he's in Melbourne, walking Collins Street... HELLO... walk that street almost every other day...(yet to meet a Nick Blackthorne though...darn it).

Such a POWERFUL story about second chances and redemption, Love's Rhythm, had me sighing, giggling, laughing, crying... a whole gamut of emotions that i did not expect to
MBR
Love’s Rhythm by Lexxie Couper is loosely tied to the story Tropical Sin Lexxie Couper that was published as part of The Bandicoot Cove anthology. Since I am not someone who enjoys menage stories, I refrained from reading Tropical Sin and I believe that Love’s Rhythm stands perfectly well as a standalone though Nick’s character might make a deeper impact on you (if at all that’s possible) if you read Tropical Sin first.

Nick Blackthorne is the stuff dreams and I mean erotic as well as sappy love
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
I made the mistake of saying to someone in the first 10% of this book "not sure if I'm going to get into this". How wrong was I! I stayed up 'til 1am finishing it. I couldn't put it down.

I loved it!

Nick....what can I say. I am going to steal these lines from Stacia's review (hope you don't mind - these lines were burned in my brain too!)

His fly was zipped, the top of the treble cleft tattooed on his lower abdomen peeking from above the low-slung waistline of his jeans. His thick black hair hung
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to Lexxie Couper, but sorry I have to say it again......LOVED this book.

We met rock star Nick Blackthorne in Tropical Sin and he is still dealing with things that have happen to him over the last two years. And dealing with the changes in himself as a person and an artist. Nick is at a crossroads and thinking about where his life is going and where he came from.

Nick has received an invite to the wedding of frien
Leea
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leea by: Stacia (the 2010 club)
God, he missed doing the dishes. How surreal was that? He missed talking to Lauren about her day as he wiped the suds off their freshly washed plates.

Love’s Rhythm is sweet, short and filled with breathless moments of love. I was going to say passion and that’s also true but unlike some contemporary romance/erotica that lack layered characters or plot, Love’s Rhythm found its… rhythm. I couldn’t help myself. 4 solid stars.

Okay, seriously, I liked this book more than I thought I would. You coul
Melody Cox
This could have been a really great rock star romance but it wasn't, in my opinion. There was just something about Lauren, the heroine, that I did not care for. Shame on her for keeping her secret. She just about wrecked three lives.

My biggest disappointments were the typical overuse of the F-bomb and many instances of using God's name in vain. That is a big turn off for me.

In all honesty I could not recommend this book. Oh, yes I love rock star books and have read some that were excellent bad
Katie Ashley
This would be 3.5 to 4 stars for me. I thought it was too short and went straight from, "Hey, I haven't seen you in 15yrs, you broke my heart, to let's bang!" a little too fast.

I loved Nick's character, and Josh was adorable. I was a little angry at Lauren for keeping her secret for so long...I can understand why she was bitter and angry at Nick for leaving her, but jeez, I would have at least hit him with some child support!

And yikes, I read the blurb for the prequel to this...Nick seems to h
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

*Love’s Rhythm is a re-release from Lexxie Couper and Entangled Publishing; it has been modified slightly from the original story.

From the minute Nick Blackthorne walked on the page in Tropical Sin, I was intrigued and as bits and pieces of his story unfolded I knew one thing, I HAD to know everything about his life. In Love’s Rhythm we get a good look at his life prior to superstardom, but we also get to see a man humbled by the woman and life he left behind. While there is no denying
~ Becs ~
Wow. This was just a fluffy bit of sugary goodness. I think it’s marketed as contemporary romance but it borders on erotic romance as there is a whole lotta lovin going on!

Nick and Lauren were a couple very much in love. He was on the verge of rock greatness and Lauren didn’t want the life that went with it. Nick chose the music and walked away. Now 15 years later, Nick has never found anyone to come close to Lauren and decides he wants her back and goes home to discover she’s been keeping a sec
Ann
4.5 Stars. Loved it, loved it, sweet, HOT, sexy story. Whoa, that Nick!!! Just the kissing scenes had me all hot and bothered. So much better than Muscle for Hire which I started first before I backed into Love’s Rhythm. Pretty sure I’ll be re-reading this one.
Heather in FL
What a sweet story of reunited love. I also loved the tie-in with other books... mention of the couple from Tropical Sin and then Nick's manager is from Suck and Blow. I think I loved that while Nick wanted to bust in and just take Lauren back, but once he realizes how reticent she is and learns of her son, he backs off. Just a little bit. Barely. :-) And then once he realizes Lauren's secret and she thinks she has to give him up again for him to be happy, he surprises her. I loved the ending, w ...more
Amy
3.5 Didn't Quite Find The Rhythm For Me Stars!

Super cute, super sweet, super fast story about a second chance at first love, hidden secrets and finding redemption.

I really did enjoy this book, it was a very fast paced book and I really loved Nick, however I found Lauren for the most part to be wishy-washy and frustrating. Initially I felt a lot of empathy for her and understood her actions, to a point. But her dramatics in the present just grated on my nerves.

That being said, overall, it was a
♥ The Book Snob ♥
Actually, I liked the concept of this book.

How, even though he was a bastard(:P not the accurate slang, but I'm not a bad-mouthy), Nick's heart cried for one, and one only. Lauren.

Sweet story, if you exclude the way-too-steamy parts(my POV).

♥ XOXO ♥
Mallory
Dec 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 star

I just can't. This book made me squirm in a bad way. Not at all my idea of a romance. Especially given the excerpt of a novella about Nick in the back of the book... that happens mere months before he reunites with the "love of his life" Eyeroll. Just blech.
Katya
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne OK
May 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
Short, spicy, and sweet, with a bit of angst thrown in for good measure – but slightly over-priced ticket for the novella length of this one!

I actually did find the story captivating and entertaining. The premise is built around the second chances and redemption love trope. After 15 years of separation, our famous rock star, Nick Blackthorne decides he’s left behind the only woman who ever meant anything to him so he walks out of a recording session and heads her way. I found this to be a little
Yona
The story was nice, but it just didn't kept my interest, maybe it it because I've already read book with this kind of storyline, but I don't know. I liked it, but i didn't love it. I just wanted to finish it quickly in order to be done with it. But the book wasn't bad.

Nick walked out from the girl he loved for groupies and concerts. But some things get wrong in his life and he wants to see her again. All of the old fires start again and he finds out that he has a son. And things get complicated
Jennifer (TexasDiva74)
Really, really good book

I wasn't sure what to expect, as this was the first book I'd read by Lexxie Couper. It may have been a shorter book than I prefer to read, but it was one with a story line that kept my attention. I read the whole thing in one sitting.

I liked the interaction between the characters as they became reacquainted. And when they became "reacquainted" between the sheets, they became REACQUAINTED! Whew! Those were some seriously scorching love scenes.

The only thing that bugged me
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'

Regardless of my 3.5 stars, I did enjoy this short novel. So why the mediocre rating? Well, it was the pace. Oh baby, it was just so erratic. I appreciate that it's a shorter novel and so things need to get moving but it was just too rapid, therefore completely unbelievable. However, Nick Blackthorne is one Hot Rock Star, and this book definately scratched an itch. The storyline was enjoyable and I really loved Josh, that cheeky little chappy gave me a laugh or two, as did his friend Rhys.

This i
Holly
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Holly by: Cyn Mistress Kitty
This was a sweet short story about a Rockstar and his lost love. Nick Blackthorne is the worlds biggest rockstar and the fame and groupies just aren't working for him anymore. Nick starts to realize that he may have let go of the one real thing in his life fifteen years ago, so he heads out to find her. Finding Lauren Robbins takes him back to his hometown and the girl he still loves, along with a bit of a surprise! Now he just has to convince her to risk her heart on him again.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Short, hot, sexy and emotional read.

The story's good. It's always nice to read about two people getting back together. Maybe this one's a little bit too fast for my taste but it's still good. I hated Lauren for a while but I understood her point of view. Nick was very famous and she didn't wanna get dragged through all of that again (along with their 15 year old son). In the end, I'd say Nick made the right decision.

The ending scene was really really good! I love it!
Summer
I really enjoyed this book. It was funny how in the beginning of the book I kept thinking this story would be great if..., then that if actually happens. I really enjoy this type of plot in a story. I only wish there had been a prologue at the end where they attend the wedding. Now I am going to have to buy the book Tropical Sin and read more about Nick.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Former lovers who were meant to be together but is torn apart by the allure of rock n roll and all that entails then to be brought back together with love that never left them and hot sex. My kind of read.
Ayekah
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story and would have been even better with less sex between Nick and Lauren. Not that I object to it, but these two who really needed to get it together didn't have a conversation. It was all sex. Couple of sit downs may have resolved some of the conflict and how to deal with her son. But nope, too busy having sex in the shower. I just started skipping over those pages. The sex was redundant. I'm kinda picky, I like my sex well done thanks.
The backbone of the story was good though. It ende

• See You in My Dreams (Speed, #1)
  • Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1)
  • Rock My World (Firewire, #1)
  • MADversary
  • Tempt Me Not (Wicked, #1)
  • Falling Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • Sheet Music (Covert Attractions Book 1)
  • Sheet Music: A Rock 'N' Roll Love Story (Sheet Music, #1)
  • Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll (SEALS, Inc., #1)
  • Blindsided
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Exclusive Interview (Rock Arrangement, #1; The Lonely Kings, #1.1)
  • Sound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love Story
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • Gateway To Heaven
  • Phoenix Rockstar (Biker Rockstar, #1)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • Voices and Lies (Rock Hard Seduction, #1)
Lexxie’s not a deviant. She just has a deviant’s imagination and a desire to entertain readers with her words. Add the two together and you get darkly erotic romances with a twist of horror, sci-fi and the paranormal.

When she’s not submerged in the worlds she creates, Lexxie’s life revolves around her family, a husband who thinks she’s insane, a indoor cat who likes to stalk shadows, two yabbies h

Heart of Fame (10 books)
  • Muscle for Hire
  • Guarded Desires
  • Steady Beat
  • Lead Me On (Heart Of Fame #5)
  • Blame It on the Bass (Heart Of Fame #6)
  • Getting Played
  • Blackthorne (Heart of Fame, #8)
  • Bound By You (Outback Skies, #1; Heart of Fame, #9)
  • Banged: Rock Stars, Bad Boys & Dirty Deeds
“Lauren returned her phone to her ear. “Jenny!” she snapped, “I don’t have time right now. I need your help. I can’t move Nick by myself and I can’t leave him on the ground. He’ll catch a cold—”
“A cold?” Jennifer interrupted. “You can’t leave him on the ground because he’ll catch a cold? How ’bout you can’t leave him on the ground because he’s Nick Blackthorne?”
18 likes
“I bet Josh doesn’t kiss you like that, Lauren,” he said, his voice as strained as her own. He pulled a ragged breath, his eyes half-lidded, his pupils dilated. “Tell me he does and I’ll walk away right now, but I’ll know if you’re lying. I always did. I don’t want to compete for you, babe, but I will. I will show you what this Josh can’t give you, I will reawaken the pleasure I gave you all those years ago until you can’t think of anyone else but me. Until you forget all about Josh and let me make you mine again.” 13 likes