Start by marking “The Royal Treatment (Crown Jewels Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Royal Treatment (Crown Jewels Romance, #1)

The Royal Treatment

(Crown Jewels Romance #1)

Ultra-private, ridiculously handsome Crown Prince Arthur has always gotten by on his charm. But that won’t be enough now that the Royal Family is about to be ousted from power once and for all. When Prince Arthur has to rely on the one woman in the kingdom who hates him most, he must learn that earning the love of a nation means first risking his heart.

Twenty-eight-year-o
Published May 23rd 2017 by Mcmillan

Elizabeth
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~ 4.5 ROYAL STARS ~
"You're not going to make it very easy to walk away, are you?"
description

The Royal Treatment is a laugh out loud contemporary romance full of delightful characters, a unique plot, romance, and humor! This modern day fairy tale romance is a perfect blend of the Princess Diaries meets Bridget Jones with an extra special twist. As the first book in A Crown Jewels Romance, The Royal Treatment is an absolute delight!

description
"I believe my carriage has just turned back into a pumpkin, hasn't it?"
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
I'm not going to say a ton here, and I'm not sure I have a rating for this one. But it WAS funny and cute. I could have used a bit more conflict and banter, especially as I was super hoping for a good hate-to-love. It went to love pretty quickly though, too quickly for my taste. But whatever, it was a cute, light read. I laughed out loud a few times.

One thing - suicide trigger warning (a parent of one of the characters did it in the past - so just heads up - it's mentioned a few times.)

My Blog
✶Rachelle✶

Cute, romantic, fluffy, blah blah blah
Miss Rail
Apr 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Personal Review at hearts-of.mine.com
So....
I loved the author's dedication at the beginning of the book but that's all I enjoyed up to the 18% mark.
This was supposed to be a fun Hate to Love Romance but I didn't laugh once!

I was already put off by the prince informal introduction/tirade where he makes clear being a prince is just difficult and boring:

He wakes up early, works out because he needs to maintain his body "in top princely condition", gets briefed on his shedule for the day and proceeds attending either "incredibly tedio
Kimberley C.
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars for The Royal Treatment

This was a fun, light story that had me laughing out loud at several parts. I loved Arthur, who started off as kind of a jerk but quickly wormed his way into the heroine's heart (and mine!!) I'm not usually big on books with royalty, but after reading The Royal We The Royal We I decided to expand my horizons and give this a shot. I wasn't disappointed.

If you enjoy well-written, light hearted fun that will have you giggling out loud, grab this book for sure.

ARC rece
Alaina
The Royal Treatment was hilarious from start to finish. I loved absolutely everything about this book. I love when I can find good books on my Kindle Unlimited account - plus since it's Thanksgiving and everything a feel-good romantic comedy book is just what I needed to read. Both of the characters, Arthur and Tessa, were practically made for each other. I just loved everything about them - I loved their whole banter and totally saw them falling in love pretty early on.

I can't wait to read the
Paula  Phillips
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tessa Sharpe has been unlucky in love and the workforce, especially after her latest love conquest with her boss ended up with her leaving her job as a reporter, as it was either that or be fired for a sexual harassment claim as it was her word against his. Her days are now spent blogging and reviewing items like the new electro-shock belt for running. Her most popular blog is a Political site where she rants about the royal family of Avonia especially Prince Arthur. Prince Arthur is heir to the ...more
Mackenzie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Song for summary: Don’t Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John

An uproariously funny read! The characters are comical, down-to-earth, and fetching; while the plot is a hilarious romp following the misadventures of Prince Arthur, and the Royal Watchdog, Tessa Sharpe. I absolutely loved this book, it had me laughing from start to finish. This is the ultimate romantic comedy, and I definitely recommend!
Alexis
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I received this as an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review*

Tessa- A blogger who thunks the royal family is completely unnecessary and thinks they should get up with the 21st century.

Arthur- The prince in the royal family trying to win over people's opinions invites Tessa to stay with him for two months to change her opinion

This book was so good! I didn't want to stop reading it! I'm a sucker for modern day royal romance stories and I'm so happy this book delivered! I think the
Thamy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley2018
Why did I take so long to get to this wonderful comedy?

3.5.

Since she was unfairly blocked from more official jobs as a journalist, Tessa has been trying to grow as a blogger/vlogger, and her biggest revenue is The Royal Watchdog, where she expresses her critical views on the existence of the royal family. Prince Arthur has always kept to the public but now the Prime Minister wants to extinguish monarchy he'll have to take drastic measures. That's how Tessa ends up invited to live in the palace f
Princess
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg!!! I adored this book. I laughed through the whole thing and the romance was so sweet. Tessa’s brothers are horrible, but the Princess Dowager was wonderful!!
Quirky Omega
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, adult, chick-lit
I can categorically say this that I have, after a really long time, found an author I would genuinely looking forward to in the future.
The book is just perfectly airy and sweet to give that heady romantic feeling, and just enough thorough in its plot to steer you away from any possible headaches over plot loopholes.
And the cover. So darn minimalistic. I love it!
Christa
This book was hilarious!!! I was needed a light funny read and this was it. I laughed, I cringed at some funny but mortifying situations. I highly recommend it if you like light hearted romantic comedies.

5 Stars!
Storiesandcoffee
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the comparison to The Hating Game didn't hold up, this was still a fun read. It was romantic and very funny. If you like Sophie Kinsella or Meg Cabot, make sure to check this one out!
Ayekah
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret I love anything MJ Summers writes. She gave me my first book boyfriend in the Full Hearts Series, I'll be forever grateful for that one. This book is the first of a new series and a bit different for her writing and she just bats it right out of the park. The book has it all. Throw in huge amounts of humor and I'm running to the bathroom... you get the picture.
This story is about Tess who writes an anti-monarch blog, living in a country that still has a King as ruler and a Prime M
Irene Sim
Jun 04, 2017 marked it as maybe-to-read
Arc provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Kaitlyn Davis
Kept me thoroughly entertained for the entirety of my 4.5hr plane ride :) An absolutely charming rom com!
Tracie Banister
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was serendipitous that Amazon recommended this book to me at a time when I really needed a good, pick-me-up read. I'm a sucker for a royal romance, and The Royal Treatment provided me with one that was absolutely swoon-worthy, as well as some hearty laughs. The premise of the book is a clever one--Fearful that an upcoming vote might mean the end of the monarchy in Avonia, Prince Arthur needs some good PR for his family, so he invites Tessa Sharpe, the most ardent anti-royalist in the blogosph ...more
Dawn
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Genuinely funny and sweet, with huge laugh out loud moments and seriously cringe worthy situations. With great characters.

This book moves super fast and is a lovely read that you won't want to put down. I didn't.

Tessa is a blogger and one of her blogs is against the current monarchy, because it's a monarchy. She feels you should be able to elect your leaders. Because she is the number one royal hater, or at least the most vocal, that has earned her an invitation for the Crown Prince himself, A
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
The Royal Treatment is a delightful, potty-mouthed, romantic comedy that will have you laughing out loud! Just thinking about this story has me cracking up! I would have to agree with the blurb about this story being satisfying to fans of Bridget Jones, because it was fekking hilarious but at the same time you will root for the underdogs and love the sweet romance. This is a charming little fairy tale romance that will appeal to a wide variety of readers.

This story is set in current times but in
Nikki Cook
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tessa, the Royal Watchdog, is leading the charge against the royal family. Feeling as though they are "lazy leeches" sucking the economy dry without a care, she holds nothing back in her scathing blogs. But when Prince Author invites her to the palace to see another side of the story, Tessa discovers there is more than tea parties and fancy feasts on the royal agenda. The question she has to ask her readers, and herself, is whether or not it is enough.

The Royal Treatment was such a great read!
twelvejan [Alexandria]
4 Stars!

Fun, hilarious, ridiculous, light-hearted, cracked me up from start to end. There was no major 'screwing over each other' thing which makes me happy because I couldn't stand the idea of Tessa getting screwed over for sleeping with the 'enemy' or for Arthur to be screwed over by the secrets he shared with Tessa. That would be really, really awful.

LOVEEE.

Mjspice
RuthAnn
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adulthood
Really fun, light read. There were some parts I genuinely laughed out loud at.
Samantha Fabris
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute and fluffy! Just what I needed.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
That was “Fuckity-fucking” funny.
Fran
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, royal-rumble
This was so much fun! If you're looking for a lighthearted read, this is a great choice.
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*
Enter The GIVEAWAY here!!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

For more Giveaways and reviews visit: http://ammiesbookobsession.blogspot.in/

EXCERPT
Prince Arthur:
When we reach the vault room, there are two guards standing at the door. Normally there is just one, sitting on the inside; but for nights like tonight, there are a total of six. I nod, and one of them opens the door.
“Good evening, fellows,” I say.
“Good evening, Your Highness.”
Once inside the room, we go through the same routine with the other four
Cindy
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one is a fluffy, funny read that lit up my holidays even more. The characters are pretty vibrant and their life at the palace is a joy to read about :) I am looking forward to the sequel.
Goodreads Authors...: Flash Giveaway! 3 14 May 25, 2017 03:45PM
Turning Pages At ...: Flash Giveaway! 15 10 May 24, 2017 07:11PM
The Perks Of Bein...: Flash Giveaway - Romantic Comedy 1 8 May 24, 2017 10:34AM
Goodreads Authors...: Flash Giveaway! 1 8 May 24, 2017 10:30AM
Goodreads Authors...: Flash Giveaway! 1 4 May 24, 2017 10:29AM
Goodreads Authors...: Reviews Needed for a New Royal Romantic Comedy 4 18 May 24, 2017 12:30AM
Goodreads Librari...: Desperately Seeking Help 7 38 Apr 24, 2017 04:21PM
  • The Royal Wedding (Crown Jewels Romance, #2)
  • Save My Soul (Kemmons Brothers Baseball, #1)
  • Divorcees.Biz
  • Stealing Mr. Right (Penelope Blue, #1)
  • Royal Marriage Market
  • No Turning Back (Hanover Brothers, #1)
  • Barefoot at Midnight (Barefoot Bay Timeless, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe #18)
  • Going Down on One Knee (Mile High Matched, #1)
  • Long Shot (Highland Games, #1)
  • Special Interests (The Easy Part, #1)
  • A Royal Disposition: A Pride and Prejudice Novel
  • Marrying Missy
  • Winning Back His Wife (Camp Firefly Falls, #1)
  • Getting Lucky (The Portland Pioneers #2)
  • Wednesday Riders (Island Series, #2)
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Trident's Forge (Children of a Dead Earth, #2)
MJ Summers currently resides in Edmonton, Canada, with her husband, three young children, and their goofy dog. When she's not writing romance novels, she loves reading (obviously), snuggling up on the couch with her family for movie night (which would not be complete without lots of popcorn and milkshakes), and long walks in the woods near her house. MJ also spends a lot more time thinking about d ...more

Crown Jewels Romance (3 books)
  • The Royal Wedding (Crown Jewels Romance, #2)
  • The Royal Delivery (Crown Jewels Romance, #3)
“The world falls away, and we are no longer a prince and his harshest critic, but two flawed human beings needing to be understood.” 2 likes
“Why should we trust a man who betrayed the very people who helped him in his climb to power?” 1 likes