Start by marking “The Tea Dragon Society” as Want to Read:
The Tea Dragon Society

The Tea Dragon Society

(Tea Dragon #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  7,423 ratings  ·  1,979 reviews
From the award-winning author of Princess Princess Ever After comes The Tea Dragon Society, a charming all-ages book that follows the story of Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, and the people she meets as she becomes entwined in the enchanting world of tea dragons.

After discovering a lost tea dragon in the marketplace, Greta learns about the dying art form of tea dragon car
Published October 31st 2017 by Oni Press (first published October 18th 2017)

·  7,423 ratings  ·  1,979 reviews

Melanie

Friends, this was the literally cutest and most heartwarming book I’ve read all year. Also, the art in this book is probably my favorite art style of all time. I recommend this with my entire heart and soul.

This story is broken down into five parts; one for each season and then an epilogue. And during Spring, an apprentice blacksmith, Greta (who is getting trained by her mother),
Caz (littlebookowl)
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, owned
I was NOT expecting the cute! This was so sweet and immersive. Where can I find my own tea dragon?

What a delight to read, definitely a new favourite and I'll be rereading this forever.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was the sweetest and I am desperate to have a tea dragon of my own. The cutest little things!!!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
2019 -

"Memories don't just live inside you, Minette. They live in all the people and objects you share your life with."

2018 - hello this is the best little book in the whole entire universe can i please have 20 more books set in this world plz
C.G. Drews
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was so so soft that I'm crying 😭💛the illustrations are incredibly gorgeous and every page is an absolute heartfelt work of art. How do you even make a picture so quietly adorable and sweet that you feel things just looking at it? it's magic, truly.

Dragons who grow flowers that you turn into tea is just about the cutest premise either. But this was also basically found-family, where this group of quiet and loving adventurers want to keep old arts alive (the slow process and art of tea making
Lola
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

One word: marvelous.

I can’t think of a single reason why you should not read this cute graphic novel. Actually, I can only think of reasons why you should, because it’s that adorable and wondrous.

It’s about Greta, a little girl who finds a dragon in need of help. She later discovers it’s a tea dragon and learns more about them as well as the art of making tea itself.

Dragons! They are so little and charming I want one myself. Granted, they do not play that grand of a role, seeing that
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This is literally one of the best graphic novels I've ever read in my life. I can't even begin to express how much I cherished these precious characters, the sweet dragon babies, and the incredible range of representation. We have normalized QPOC rep all over the place (I mean, I'm not sure if anyone here is cishet and I'm so here for it), disability rep that is so beautifully done it made me cry, and I just loved the entire story endlessly. I know I'll be recommending this to anyone and everyon ...more
Whitney Atkinson

I loved this!! So gorgeous and sweet, can't wait to own my own copy :)
David Schaafsma
7/21/18 update: The Tea Dragon Society is the winner of the 2018 Eisner Award for Best Publication for kids 9-12! Yay, Katie O'Neill!

12/14/17: I admit I have not yet read Princess Princess Ever After, also from Katie O’Neill (I know! Where was I when the fairy dust was handed out?!). But I am on the bandwagon at last, following the story of blacksmith apprentice Greta in the world of tea dragons (What do you mean you don’t know what a tea dragon is?!). Well, you like tea parties, right?! And you
Sam Quixote
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
A fantasy world where tea leaves grow on tiny dragons and kids pootle around. No, I don’t see a story there either!!

Just because a book is aimed at youngsters, doesn’t mean it should get away with being boring and inane. Honestly: NOTHING happens in The Tea Dragon Society! A couple kids become friends, a pair of adults relate how they met and everyone sits about drinking tea.

What was the point of this book – “love is nice”?! There’s some half-hearted piffle towards the end about sort of pickin
Calista
This is a cute Middle grade graphic novel about Tea Dragons. Tea Dragons are small counterparts to full size dragons and they can't take care of themselves. They also grow tea leaves out of their heads like Chamomile or Ginseng, etc. These leaves are special and magic.

The art is lovely and a little like anime. The story is good and simple. I wanted more development. I did enjoy this little read.

I would like to see more of this world.
Romie
THAT WAS SO CUTE OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Yes, I do realise I can't just say that and leave you.

This story is mostly about taking the time to remember the old ways, remembering them and honouring them because they deserve the recognition.
It's also about letting go of the past because sometimes trying to hold on to it is hurting you, and you don't deserve the pain, you deserve new and happy memories with people who love you deeply.
It's about finding your people, feeling at home with them and not car
may ➹
gay webcomic #3 of the day can you believe I’m really out here destroying my goodreads challenge
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
My heart is SO FULL.
Chelsea
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg this is the cutest thing ever.
Fafa's Book Corner
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge: One and Done.
☽¸¸.I am¸¸.•*¨ The ¸¸.•*¨*Phoenix¨*•♫♪ ☾
This comic is free to read online! http://teadragonsociety.com/ 💙

Greta is learning blacksmith from her mom, until one day she rescues a curious creature and returns it to its owners, only to find out it is a tea dragon, a very rare animal that produces tea from its horns. There at the tea house, she also meets someone else: a sweet girl with pink hair named Minette, who seems to have troubles with her memories...

I don't remember ever reading a comic with such a sweet, beautiful art and story! Re
[Shai] Bibliophage
Reading this book made me want to have my own tea dragon! I love this book so much from the story up to how beautifully drawn the illustrations were! Even though the story is short, readers will definitely enjoy the drawings and yes, even those tea dragons!
Alison
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I LOVED THIS SO MUCH
My only complaint is that it wasn't long enough!
The illustrations are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen and it is a lovely story on top of that.
It is about friendship and love across ages, genders, and statuses. It deals with having responsibility and carrying on traditions. I especially loved the dragon descriptions at the end! I just want one so bad.
Danika at The Lesbrary
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is so beautiful and soothing. Every page is intricately laid out, with tons of little detailing. I would be happy to have any spread in this framed and hung on my wall.
Cam (abookeater)
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A copy was provided by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

I was so glad to see this on the Read Now section because I'd seen it around on Good reads and it looked perfect for me. I was not wrong.

This short graphic novel is magical, soothing and beautiful. I loved the diversity of the characters in terms of skin color, disabilities and sexual orientations. Everything was so subtle yet wonderful; I felt immediately at peace while reading it. It's unlike anything I've e
Amina
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This graphic novel is about the importance of keeping traditions in a fast changing world.

Greta, a little girl learning the art of blacksmithing finds a little lost tea dragon, as she took him back to his owner, she discovers a new traditionnal art and a new culture and of course, she develops new friendships with wonderful people.

The illustrations were amazing, very colourful and very alive, and of course, the best one are the tea dragons (they will make you squeak !)

description
CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨
I adored this so, so, so much.
This book reminded me that life and the world can be filled with wonder, love, hope, and goodness. I felt so at peace reading this.
The illustrations were gorgeous and beautiful, and the story, though simple, was lovely. This was so so wholesome, gorgeous, and lovely.
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

In the enchanting world of The Tea Dragon Society, Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, rescues a tea dragon and learns about the dying art form of tea dragon care. Seeing her interest kind tea shop owners, Hesekiel and Erik introduce her to their craft and through her friendship with their ward Minette she learns how worthwhile it is to her own life.

Oh the illustrations!! TO. DIE. FOR!! Incredible, really... They totally brou
Julia Sapphire
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was absolutely adorable. the art style was stunning and I love the story so far.
our main character is blacksmith apprentice which I thought was really interesting.
the romance that is sprouting is also delightful. the tea dragons are also so cute and I am excited to learn more about them. honestly, such a feel good and beautiful graphic novel. looking forward to reading more from this author.
Kerri Duff
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful!

I adored reading this, it was so lovely and put me in such a great mood!
I read it for free online (thanks to the people who shared the link in their reviews!) but I will be buying it in book format too because I just loved it!

💖🐲🐉💟
Rachel (Kalanadi)
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
In a word: adorable
❀

✰✰✰✰

This story revolves around Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, when she discovers a lost tea dragon. She returns it to her owner and she learns about the art form of tea dragon, while she befriends him, his partner and Minette, a shy girl with a past.

I think after reading this that Katie O'Neill is one of my favorite graphic novelist right know, her stories are so pure and soft and
E.
5🌟

It's so warm, warm, WARM!!!

Warm tea. Warm colours. Warm gay grandpas. Warm cute little girls. Warm memories. Warm dragons.

What else to want from a story??

Read here

__________________________

insta | twitter | blog | booksirens | duolingo
Surina
AHH THIS WAS SO CUTE
Goodreads Librari...: Cover for this book please 2 15 Mar 07, 2019 04:41PM

• Space Battle Lunchtime Vol. 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion
  • Bolivar
  • The Sand Warrior (5 Worlds, #1)
  • The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • The Hidden Witch (The Witch Boy, #2)
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 1
  • Taproot
  • Hilda and the Black Hound (Hilda, #4)
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #1)
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1: Rebels Without Applause
  • All's Faire in Middle School
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • Heathen Vol. 1 (Heathen, #1)
  • Where's Halmoni?
  • As the Crow Flies
  • Help Us! Great Warrior
  • The Creepy Case Files of Margo Maloo
Katie O'Neill is an illustrator and graphic novelist from New Zealand. She is the author of Princess Princess Ever After, The Tea Dragon Society, and Aquicorn Cove, all from Oni Press. She mostly makes gentle fantasy stories for younger readers, and is very interested in tea, creatures, things that grow, and the magic of everyday life.

Tea Dragon (2 books)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival
“Memories don't just live inside you, Minette. They live in all the people and objects you share your life with.” 7 likes