Start by marking “The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)

The Tea Dragon Society

(Tea Dragon #1)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  15,968 ratings  ·  4,008 reviews
From the award-winning author of Princess Princess Ever After comes The Tea Dragon Society, a charming all-ages book that follows the story of Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, and the people she meets as she becomes entwined in the enchanting world of tea dragons.

After discovering a lost tea dragon in the marketplace, Greta learns about the dying art form of tea dragon car
Published October 31st 2017 by Oni Press (first published October 18th 2017)

·  15,968 ratings  ·  4,008 reviews

Start your review of The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
Melanie

“Memories don't just live inside you, Minette. They live in all the people and objects you share your life with.”

Friends, this was the literally cutest and most heartwarming book I’ve read all year. Also, the art in this book is probably my favorite art style of all time. I recommend this with my entire heart and soul.

This story is broken down into five parts; one for each season and then an epilogue. And during Spring, an apprentice blacksmith, Greta (who is getting trained by her m
Caz (littlebookowl)
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, owned
I was NOT expecting the cute! This was so sweet and immersive. Where can I find my own tea dragon?

What a delight to read, definitely a new favourite and I'll be rereading this forever.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
This was the sweetest and I am desperate to have a tea dragon of my own. The cutest little things!!!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
2019 -

"Memories don't just live inside you, Minette. They live in all the people and objects you share your life with."

2018 - hello this is the best little book in the whole entire universe can i please have 20 more books set in this world plz
Brittany
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
THE CUTEST BOOK IVE EVER READ. From pursuing your passions to respecting the passions of others, to caring for each other and your pets!! I’m dumbfounded by how much I loved this and am so so happy I picked it up.
C.G. Drews
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was so so soft that I'm crying 😭💛the illustrations are incredibly gorgeous and every page is an absolute heartfelt work of art. How do you even make a picture so quietly adorable and sweet that you feel things just looking at it? it's magic, truly.

Dragons who grow flowers that you turn into tea is just about the cutest premise either. But this was also basically found-family, where this group of quiet and loving adventurers want to keep old arts alive (the slow process and art of tea making
Cristina Monica
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

One word: marvelous.

I can’t think of a single reason why you should not read this cute graphic novel. Actually, I can only think of reasons why you should, because it’s that adorable and wondrous.

It’s about Greta, a little girl who finds a dragon in need of help. She later discovers it’s a tea dragon and learns more about them as well as the art of making tea itself.

Dragons! They are so little and charming I want one myself. Granted, they do not play that grand of a role, seeing that
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This is literally one of the best graphic novels I've ever read in my life. I can't even begin to express how much I cherished these precious characters, the sweet dragon babies, and the incredible range of representation. We have normalized QPOC rep all over the place (I mean, I'm not sure if anyone here is cishet and I'm so here for it), disability rep that is so beautifully done it made me cry, and I just loved the entire story endlessly. I know I'll be recommending this to anyone and everyon ...more
Whitney Atkinson

I loved this!! So gorgeous and sweet, can't wait to own my own copy :)
Sam Quixote
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
A fantasy world where tea leaves grow on tiny dragons and kids pootle around. No, I don’t see a story there either!!

Just because a book is aimed at youngsters, doesn’t mean it should get away with being boring and inane. Honestly: NOTHING happens in The Tea Dragon Society! A couple kids become friends, a pair of adults relate how they met and everyone sits about drinking tea.

What was the point of this book – “love is nice”?! There’s some half-hearted piffle towards the end about sort of pickin
David Schaafsma
7/21/18 update: The Tea Dragon Society is the winner of the 2018 Eisner Award for Best Publication for kids 9-12! Yay, Katie O'Neill!

12/14/17: I admit I have not yet read Princess Princess Ever After, also from Katie O’Neill (I know! Where was I when the fairy dust was handed out?!). But I am on the bandwagon at last, following the story of blacksmith apprentice Greta in the world of tea dragons (What do you mean you don’t know what a tea dragon is?!). Well, you like tea parties, right?! And you
˗ˏˋ aphrodite ˊˎ˗
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was the cutest story with great rep, the most beautiful art style, and adorable dragons

pls if someone could direct me towards the nearest rooibos I would much appreciate it
Calista
This is a cute Middle grade graphic novel about Tea Dragons. Tea Dragons are small counterparts to full size dragons and they can't take care of themselves. They also grow tea leaves out of their heads like Chamomile or Ginseng, etc. These leaves are special and magic.

The art is lovely and a little like anime. The story is good and simple. I wanted more development. I did enjoy this little read.

I would like to see more of this world.
Xandra (StarrySkyBooks)
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it so much. I was literally in tears because of how precious and beautiful the story and artwork are.

I thoroughly enjoyed this, and I will be reading it again and again!

(My only complaint would be that, I think it could have been much longer. I read it in about 30 minutes!)
Hamad
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

💉 I wanted to read this as soon as I saw the graphics in it and unfortunately that was it, just a collection of good drawings with a nearly non-existent plot and characters I did not care about.

💉 I think my 3 stars are generous because I would have given it 2, I am just taking in consideration that this is supposed to be for children and that the graphics were great! The plot is basically a group of friends -who are Tea enthusiasts- gather and bring bac
Silvia
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: webcomic, pride-recs
This has to be the cutest thing I've ever read
Laurita  Mizz
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book! 😍😍😍😍

The little story told is beautiful and the artwork is wonderful.
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you read something which you find yourself muttering 'so cute!' for every page you read?

Well.....
Carmen
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Adorable comforting story about little tea dragons that grow tea out of their heads!

Everyone who reads this ends this book saying they want a cute tiny tea dragon of their own! They are like high-maintenance dogs that produce tea that will transfer memories.

Since this is an O'Neill fantasy, you know the drill. Non-human creatures live in society and work and dress just like humans.

Things are so liberal in these books, so comfy-cozy love, love-can-cure-all attitude that I'm surprised O'Neill als
Dannii Elle
Actual rating 4.5/5 stars.

The pastel-tones of this artwork and adorable features of each character ensured I was going to enjoy this one, but the diverse cast and heart-warming story-line cemented it. There's three things I need in my life, right now:

- This artwork printed and plastered across all of my walls.
- My very own baby tea dragon to love and protect.
- A nice cup of tea!
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny Reads (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪
This comic is free to read online! http://teadragonsociety.com/ 💙

Greta is learning blacksmith from her mom, until one day she rescues a curious creature and returns it to its owners, only to find out it is a tea dragon, a very rare animal that produces tea from its horns. There at the tea house, she also meets someone else: a sweet girl with pink hair named Minette, who seems to have troubles with her memories...

I don't remember ever reading a comic with such a sweet, beautiful art and story! R
Romie
THAT WAS SO CUTE OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Yes, I do realise I can't just say that and leave you.

This story is mostly about taking the time to remember the old ways, remembering them and honouring them because they deserve the recognition.
It's also about letting go of the past because sometimes trying to hold on to it is hurting you, and you don't deserve the pain, you deserve new and happy memories with people who love you deeply.
It's about finding your people, feeling at home with them and not car
Christy
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This was the most adorable graphic novel. I loved the art style so much and the story was so cute. I'll definitely be reading more by Katie O'Neill.
may ➹
gay webcomic #3 of the day can you believe I’m really out here destroying my goodreads challenge
Chelsea
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg this is the cutest thing ever.
jade
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people looking for a sweet, heartwarming experience
Recommended to jade by: a list with good, recent webcomics
“memories don’t just live inside you, minette. they live in all the people and objects you share your life with.”

this book made me feel like a kid again, and i mean that in the very best of ways.

in this graphic novel, we follow greta, a blacksmith apprentice, over the course of one year. her mom’s been teaching her how to work the forge, but it’s an art that’s slowly dying out. a tea shop in the neighborhood struggles with the same problem: too few people know how to care for tea dra
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my sweet sweet heart. This graphic novel was so incredibly adorable and I loved the concept of tea dragons! Where can I get one of my own?

I loved the colourful illustrations that really captured the sweet, whimsical story about acceptance and friendship. The tea dragons are adorable and I love how they help their owners store treasured memories.

The glossary at the end tells you more about their species and the personality of each tea dragon as well, which I loved! Definitely an adorable read
[Shai] Bibliophage
Reading this book made me want to have my own tea dragon! I love this book so much from the story up to how beautifully drawn the illustrations were! Even though the story is short, readers will definitely enjoy the drawings and yes, even those tea dragons!
Fafa's Book Corner
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge: One and Done.
Goodreads Librari...: Cover for this book please 2 18 Mar 07, 2019 04:41PM

• Mooncakes
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker
  • Witchy
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Bloom
  • The Witch Boy (The Witch Boy, #1)
  • Sheets (Sheets, #1)
  • Stargazing
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • The Black Flamingo
  • Nightlights (Nightlights #1)
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey
Katie O'Neill is an illustrator and graphic novelist from New Zealand. She is the author of Princess Princess Ever After, The Tea Dragon Society, and Aquicorn Cove, all from Oni Press. She mostly makes gentle fantasy stories for younger readers, and is very interested in tea, creatures, things that grow, and the magic of everyday life.

Tea Dragon (3 books)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon, #3)