Start by marking “The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)

The Tea Dragon Society

(Tea Dragon #1)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  18,981 ratings  ·  4,627 reviews
From the award-winning author of Princess Princess Ever After comes The Tea Dragon Society, a charming all-ages book that follows the story of Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, and the people she meets as she becomes entwined in the enchanting world of tea dragons.

After discovering a lost tea dragon in the marketplace, Greta learns about the dying art form of tea dragon car
Published October 31st 2017 by Oni Press (first published October 18th 2017)

·  18,981 ratings  ·  4,627 reviews

Start your review of The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
Melanie

Friends, this was the literally cutest and most heartwarming book I’ve read all year. Also, the art in this book is probably my favorite art style of all time. I recommend this with my entire heart and soul.

This story is broken down into five parts; one for each season and then an epilogue. And during Spring, an apprentice blacksmith, Greta (who is getting trained by her m
Caz (littlebookowl)
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, owned
I was NOT expecting the cute! This was so sweet and immersive. Where can I find my own tea dragon?

What a delight to read, definitely a new favourite and I'll be rereading this forever.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
This was the sweetest and I am desperate to have a tea dragon of my own. The cutest little things!!!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
2019 -

"Memories don't just live inside you, Minette. They live in all the people and objects you share your life with."

2018 - hello this is the best little book in the whole entire universe can i please have 20 more books set in this world plz
Brittany
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
THE CUTEST BOOK IVE EVER READ. From pursuing your passions to respecting the passions of others, to caring for each other and your pets!! I’m dumbfounded by how much I loved this and am so so happy I picked it up.
C.G. Drews
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was so so soft that I'm crying 😭💛the illustrations are incredibly gorgeous and every page is an absolute heartfelt work of art. How do you even make a picture so quietly adorable and sweet that you feel things just looking at it? it's magic, truly.

Dragons who grow flowers that you turn into tea is just about the cutest premise either. But this was also basically found-family, where this group of quiet and loving adventurers want to keep old arts alive (the slow process and art of tea making
Gavin
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was so cute and wholesome omg!!! Read it in like 15 minutes and I just wish it was 7 hours longer - I love the vibes from this one, it’s so down to Earth and dreamy and cosy and whimsical and wonderful. What a beautiful little story. Illustrations were stunning too, really added more to the story!
Mrinmayi
*3.5 ✨

BUT the good news is that Sid LOVED this book!!

SHE WANTS TO READ MORE BOOKS!!!!
I see this as progress!!! If you are not aware...one of my 2021 goals is to convert her into a bibliophile lmao

As for the book..
I did like it...It was a good middle-grade book
BUT I had some high expectations
This author's other book Princess Princess Ever after is one of my all-time fav
The artwork in this was STUNNING
BUT I found it difficult to connect to the characters
I know this is supposed to be a fluffy and
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This is literally one of the best graphic novels I've ever read in my life. I can't even begin to express how much I cherished these precious characters, the sweet dragon babies, and the incredible range of representation. We have normalized QPOC rep all over the place (I mean, I'm not sure if anyone here is cishet and I'm so here for it), disability rep that is so beautifully done it made me cry, and I just loved the entire story endlessly. I know I'll be recommending this to anyone and everyon ...more
Whitney Atkinson

I loved this!! So gorgeous and sweet, can't wait to own my own copy :)
sarah xoxo
"Memories don't just live inside you, Minette. They live in all the people and objects you share your life with.”

What a sweet, wholesome read!

At the surface this book is stunning, beautiful, gorgeous- all of the adjectives. But within the pages, similar, if not greater, beauty can be found.

In so few pages, this book presented and explored important topics in a simple and yet thorough way.

This is such a perfect book for younger readers. But for me personally, I felt that it was too short and w
Sam Quixote
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
A fantasy world where tea leaves grow on tiny dragons and kids pootle around. No, I don’t see a story there either!!

Just because a book is aimed at youngsters, doesn’t mean it should get away with being boring and inane. Honestly: NOTHING happens in The Tea Dragon Society! A couple kids become friends, a pair of adults relate how they met and everyone sits about drinking tea.

What was the point of this book – “love is nice”?! There’s some half-hearted piffle towards the end about sort of pickin
Rue
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, comics
I desperately need a tea dragon. Like right now!!😭
IMG-20201105-091420
 Teodora
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am in a dear need of my own tea dragon!!
ALet
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
This was so special!
Dave Schaafsma
7/21/18 update: The Tea Dragon Society is the winner of the 2018 Eisner Award for Best Publication for kids 9-12! Yay, Katie O'Neill!

12/14/17: I admit I have not yet read Princess Princess Ever After, also from Katie O’Neill (I know! Where was I when the fairy dust was handed out?!). But I am on the bandwagon at last, following the story of blacksmith apprentice Greta in the world of tea dragons (What do you mean you don’t know what a tea dragon is?!). Well, you like tea parties, right?! And you
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you read something which you find yourself muttering 'so cute!' for every page you read?

Well.....
˗ˏˋ aphrodite ˊˎ˗
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was the cutest story with great rep, the most beautiful art style, and adorable dragons

pls if someone could direct me towards the nearest rooibos I would much appreciate it
Calista
This is a cute Middle grade graphic novel about Tea Dragons. Tea Dragons are small counterparts to full size dragons and they can't take care of themselves. They also grow tea leaves out of their heads like Chamomile or Ginseng, etc. These leaves are special and magic.

The art is lovely and a little like anime. The story is good and simple. I wanted more development. I did enjoy this little read.

I would like to see more of this world.
Xandra (StarrySkyBooks)
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it so much. I was literally in tears because of how precious and beautiful the story and artwork are.

I thoroughly enjoyed this, and I will be reading it again and again!

(My only complaint would be that, I think it could have been much longer. I read it in about 30 minutes!)
Hamad
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

💉 I wanted to read this as soon as I saw the graphics in it and unfortunately that was it, just a collection of good drawings with a nearly non-existent plot and characters I did not care about.

💉 I think my 3 stars are generous because I would have given it 2, I am just taking in consideration that this is supposed to be for children and that the graphics were great! The plot is basically a group of friends -who are Tea enthusiasts- gather and bring bac
Silvia
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pride-recs, webcomic
This has to be the cutest thing I've ever read ...more
Carmen
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Adorable comforting story about little tea dragons that grow tea out of their heads!

Everyone who reads this ends this book saying they want a cute tiny tea dragon of their own! They are like high-maintenance dogs that produce tea that will transfer memories.

Since this is an O'Neill fantasy, you know the drill. Non-human creatures live in society and work and dress just like humans.

Things are so liberal in these books, so comfy-cozy love, love-can-cure-all attitude that I'm surprised O'Neill als
may ➹
gay webcomic #3 of the day can you believe I’m really out here destroying my goodreads challenge
Laurita  Mizz
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book! 😍😍😍😍

The little story told is beautiful and the artwork is wonderful.
Isabella
I'm soft ...more
Dannii Elle
Actual rating 4.5/5 stars.

The pastel-tones of this artwork and adorable features of each character ensured I was going to enjoy this one, but the diverse cast and heart-warming story-line cemented it. There's three things I need in my life, right now:

- This artwork printed and plastered across all of my walls.
- My very own baby tea dragon to love and protect.
- A nice cup of tea!
¸¸.•*¨*•♫ Mrs. Buttercup •*¨*•♫♪
This comic is free to read online! http://teadragonsociety.com/ 💙

Greta is learning blacksmith from her mom, until one day she rescues a curious creature and returns it to its owners, only to find out it is a tea dragon, a very rare animal that produces tea from its horns. There at the tea house, she also meets someone else: a sweet girl with pink hair named Minette, who seems to have troubles with her memories...

I don't remember ever reading a comic with such a sweet, beautiful art and story! R
Romie
THAT WAS SO CUTE OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Yes, I do realise I can't just say that and leave you.

This story is mostly about taking the time to remember the old ways, remembering them and honouring them because they deserve the recognition.
It's also about letting go of the past because sometimes trying to hold on to it is hurting you, and you don't deserve the pain, you deserve new and happy memories with people who love you deeply.
It's about finding your people, feeling at home with them and not car
Christy
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This was the most adorable graphic novel. I loved the art style so much and the story was so cute. I'll definitely be reading more by Katie O'Neill.
Goodreads Librari...: Cover for this book please 2 18 Mar 07, 2019 04:41PM

• Mooncakes
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Witchy
  • The Witch Boy (The Witch Boy, #1)
  • Sheets (Sheets, #1)
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Pilu of the Woods
  • Snapdragon
  • Heartstopper: The Mini-Comics
Katie/Kay O'Neill is an illustrator and graphic novelist from New Zealand. They are the author of Princess Princess Ever After, The Tea Dragon Society, Aquicorn Cove, and more. They mostly make gentle fantasy stories for younger readers, and are very interested in tea, creatures, things that grow, and the magic of everyday life.

On an Instagram post 17th December 2020 the author shared that they us

Tea Dragon (3 books)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon, #3)

News & Interviews

“Memories don't just live inside you, Minette. They live in all the people and objects you share your life with.” 35 likes
“los recuerdos no sólo viven en tu interior minette. Residen en toda la gente y objetos con los que compartes tu vida” 0 likes