Start by marking “DARK JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #2)” as Want to Read:
DARK JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #2)

DARK JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance

(Night of the Kings #2)

DARK JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (Book Two of the Night Of The Kings Series)

WHAT IS HOT, DIRTY, TWISTED

AND HAS A CLIFFHANGER?

You guessed it. He's back. Darker, and more powerful than ever. The story continues, and it's messy and dirty and a bit of a roller-coaster, BUT this is NOT the end of James and Rain's story. DARK JAMES ends with a cliffhanger as well. The g
Published April 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about DARK JAMES, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance, please sign up.
Shayne Ford Hi Janine. I apologize for the late answer. I just noticed your question. I don't know if you are still interested in becoming a member of my ARC…moreHi Janine. I apologize for the late answer. I just noticed your question. I don't know if you are still interested in becoming a member of my ARC Team. If you are please subscribe here http://bit.ly/2s7GxUr.

Shayne(less)

Jemima
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

disclaimer 1

Holy Batman! Darker James was So So So much better than James (Part 1). It was darker, sexier and holy cow! I devoured this one so fast that I was really disappointed when it finished.
The major twist is this story was so shocking! I did not see it coming at all!
Rain has turned into a woman that takes her life decisions into her own hands with so much confidence that surprisingly, I admire her for that. She is no more that little innocent girl, she is now a woman of confidence.
James and Rain tog
Karin
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third series I've read by Shayne Ford and it rocks!!! I couldn't wait to read more about James & Rain after how the last book ended.

Rain is still dealing wth the consequences from book 1 and is now barely surviving and completely isolated in New York. Rain is in survival mode and ends up doing the one thing she thought she wouldn't. But this path also leads her back to James, Lex & Ed.

I loved Rain even more in this book, she's grown a lot and realizes that everything James to
Rebecca Austin
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-magic
This is the second book in the series and book 1, James, needs to be read first.

Rain Morgan has left her home behind and gone to New York. But for Rain things have not gone the way she had hoped and she finds herself lonely and with little money left to her name. Then one night her luck changes when she meets David Moore.

James Sexton has never forgotten the girl who left him but has vowed to move forward until one night when they are surprisingly brought back together.

Now both Rain and James hav
Kavita Kumar-Karthik
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Plot : 5
Main Characters : 5
Chemistry between the Leads : 5
Side Characters : 5
Feel/Emotions : 5
Twists : 4
Writing Style: 5

Wow ! I need to cool down, before I begin writing the review. I have not read book 1, but thankfully, this book had quite a few references to what had happened. So, I could enjoy this story. What can I say about the Kings ?? They are hot specimens for sure.. Add their self-awareness and swag to
Monika
Fern Risher

Dark and dirty, Dark James, A Bad Boy Billionaire give it to you as good as it is bad.

James and Rain are back, but now with a different persona--dirtier and more intriguing.

After being broken, Rain changed into a woman who lives for the feeling and as destiny would will it she crossed paths with James again, this time he's her client. Lex entranced this story bringing a better man in the picture. However, will he get in the way between the undying flame of the two and his friendship with James?
Aly
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Rain and James' story continues.
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, this was even better than the first book! I love that Rain matured and came into herself more to be her own person. She has a great, strong personality that I love. We also got to see more of Lex and Ed, which means I was drooling almost the whole time.
This book was sexier and edgier than the first and the ending made me crave more!
Fun, hot, and a great read.
Claire M
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book 2 with Rain and James

After moving away to become independent, Rain struggles with life by herself and does what she has to, to survive
James is so angry that she left him but who is to blame can he really tell himself he wasn't at fault.
Ariella
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg I couldn’t put this book down. Rain now lives in New York. James is growing the casino into a legacy. Rain becomes a escort and gets book in a job. Lex and James didn’t know it was Rain until she showed up to the party. I honestly wanted the next book now.
Stacey
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was amazing
Loved it
Red is amazeballs
I was so sure where this was heading .
But was Absolutely blown away
James lexi ed
Omg that’s all your getting
I need more a lot more
Well written please if the author is handing out the next book i need ASAP
Debi
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ SERIES!

I was captured by this series of books! I couldn't stop with just book one! Had to read more about James! He is so very broken & dark without his Rain, as is she. Now I am on to the next book in this SERIES! I love all of these characters so much!
Gladys
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much. It offers a complex romance that is penned by the very talented Shayne Ford. This is book two in a series of three and it is not written or intended to be read as a stand alone. Trust me you would not want to even try because you want the full story. Every detail is a stop along the way on our journey and they all matter. This is a story of love. A love that doesn't come easy or quickly.
Book two starts with Rain still dealing with the fallout from the end of book o
Rhonda Hicks
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good grief, I just love the gift Shayne Ford has and shares with her readers!! This one starts off exactly where book 1, James, left off. Rain is trying to make it on her own in New York and recover from the fallout of the "truths" that shattered not only her life but those around her. Disillusioned, heart broken, and working 2 jobs to barely make ends meet, her life is nothing like she naively thought it would be. James has come to realize what he had and let go back in Colorado, but he's grown ...more
Anne Baker
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Is my honest review for the ARC I received. Rain moves on to New York to start a new life as she blames herself for her mum and dads divorce. The book store in New York proves to be very difficult Trying to work alongside nasty Angel makes things even worse. Hardly managing to feed herself and pay the rent she meets David a very rich play boy who is married. He pays her for evenings spent with him and in the meantime she meets a woman who gives her a card with an Escort details on it. She b ...more
Julie
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shayne Ford’s details paint such a vivid picture. The words make you feel. She doesn’t have to tell you how the characters feel. You are right there with them. Her writing is everything I love about reading. Oh, and a great story to go along with it.
This is not your sweet happy ever after, at least not yet, but you will not regret reading this one bit. This is about love, regret, betrayal and finding your own way. A perfect example of how your good and bad, happy and sad mold you to who you are
Kelsey
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Rebecca
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
**I received this ARC in exchange for an honest voluntary review** WARNING: This ends with a cliffhanger! This is the second part of James & Rain's story. Definitely an unconventional & complicated romance this is turning out to be. This part of the story took a sharp left turn for Rain that I really didn't see coming at all. Didn't expect such emotional development from Lex & Ed either when the guys meet up with Rain again. Also in this part of the story, we witness the infamous Nig ...more
Destiny Bridwell
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I got this as an ARC for my honest opinion and review. I am falling in more with this author the more that I read. This is the second book in this series. It has Rain dealing with what has taken place at the end of book one. She is broke and bitter and working so hard and clawing her way, but she is not getting anywhere. She walks back into James' life and he is so not ready for that. Does this mean a new beginning for them? You will have to read to find out.
Kristy France
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from author in exchange for an honest opinion.

This second installment of the Night of the Kings series was amazing! This face-paced storyline definitely shows us what happens to Rain when she tries to figure out how to take care of herself on her own. The plot is very well developed and complex. I enjoy the rollercoaster ride between Rain and James. I can’t wait for the last installment of this series to see how our little messed up family comes out at the end!
Regina Baker Stidams
The 2nd book in the series Shayne is one of my favorite authors .
Rain is an escort in New York . Rain and James once again are thrust in to the others life will it be a good chance of luck for them this time or a struggle? Pick up book one and two to find out . I can't wait to start the 3rd book. I am volunteering to leave a review for an Advanced Reader Copy
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It doesn't take long to read, but that's part of what makes this book so good. It ended on a cliffhanger, just like the first one, leaving you wanting more. Tension, sorrow, excitement, all wrapped up in one. It was good, and very sexual, more so than the first one. If you liked the first book of the series, then you'll love this one.
Nicole Ortiz
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is the second book from the series and James and Rain story just keeps getting better. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the next book to their story.
I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review.
Pat Labrie
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read

OMG this book was totally awesome. There is some steamy scenes and a little suspense. I didn't think I could love this series more than I did but I was wrong. Shayne did and awesome job with book 2 and now I gonna read book 3
Jodia-Ann
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I literally have no words. I'm gobsmacked by this book. The heat and smut was off the charts.
Janine Stemmet
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 just got this story better and better!! Hang on to your seats, its wild rollercoaster ride!
Andrea
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Refer to Amazon.com for my review under Andrea M on 04/05/2017.
Sally C
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Dark James, the second book of Night of the Kings, the author weaves a tale that sucks you in and puts you on an emotional, sexy roller-coaster ride with Rain and James, featuring Lex and Ed. When the ride ends it feels like you crashed and have a hole in your heart. Loved it!
🔮morgan🔮
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Damn

Holy shit was this a great continuation. Rain has definitely grown up and I like her character better in this book compared to the 1st. Fuck, these books by Shayne Ford are the cherries on top of my smut loving sundae
Deb
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was kindly provided a copy of this book for an honest review :)

Oh boy, this was so much better than the first book! While the first one was a bit messy and was lacking in a few departments, this second installment delivered! It's more exciting, fast-paced, and the characters are more developed.

There are twists and turns luring around the corner of each page and it is definitely exciting to read.

Their mutual infatuation is taken to the next level, with more maturity and expertise. While both st
Laurie
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving This Series

After completing James, I truly hoped that this second volume of the James and Rain trilogy would be equally good. I am not at all disappointed. If anything, it's possibly better, although in a somewhat more bittersweet way.

It's awfully tough to accept that something so very special in one's history is gone forever and can never be recreated. Both James and Rain are forced into this realization after reconnecting in NYC. The emotional angst they each suffer is well portrayed th
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New Adult Book Club: #127/17 DARK JAMES by Shayne Ford 29 40 Nov 27, 2017 02:05AM
Shayne Ford writes epic novels. Her stories feature hot-blooded men and adventurous, soulful women. She likes to write Series that are epic, layered, character-driven, have a dash of mystery and a lot of depth. She writes what she loves to read, and people who share her taste, devour her books. Her stories are not the typical romance, nor are they formulaic or fit a mold.

Her lead men are hot, smar

Night of the Kings (6 books)
  • JAMES, A Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #1)
  • TAMING JAMES, A Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS SERIES, #3)
  • LEX, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #4)
  • HARD LEX, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #5)
  • LOVING LEX, A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (NIGHT OF THE KINGS, #6)