Start by marking “In His Custody (The Shaw Brothers 1)” as Want to Read:
In His Custody (The Shaw Brothers 1)

In His Custody

(The Shaw Brothers #1)

** This was initially a 29,000 word novella for a Box Set (of which all proceeds went to charity). The updated version has been expanded with new scenes.

After a messy breakup with a lying ex, English teacher Mercy Jones swore off men, especially the edgy ones. Safe, stable and comfy. Those are her catch words for a perfect partner. So why does the new substitute history te
Published (first published October 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about In His Custody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In His Custody

Start your review of In His Custody (The Shaw Brothers 1)
Stacey is Sassy
Hmmm...it's still a lie

Don't get me wrong, I really do love a good undercover cop romance...BUT...I hate knowing that the lie will have to eventually come out. There's this little part of me squinting when the emotions escalate and feelings are involved. I know someone is going to get hurt. I can't help but think, how can you keep lying to someone you like? AND How can you forgive someone who can so easily lie to you?

Let's be real, most of the undercover cops in romance are the hero. Which means
Shayna
I knew Detective Aidan Shaw was going to give me a run for my money when I realized he was getting his own happily ever after. If you are familiar with Fiona's Sons of Sydney Series (which you should be because it's AMAZING), you will recognize Aidan as ONE OF London Shaw's brothers. London was the sassy heroine who brought Heath Justice to his knees in TEMPTING JUSTICE!

Detective Shaw has trust issues with outsiders, meaning he only trusts his family. Can you blame him when he's been undercover
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews

I'm a huge fan of Fiona Archer's and I love her Sons of Sydney Series! The Shaw Brothers series is a spin off of the SOS series and it is starting out to be just as good! Aiden Shaw is an alpha, hot undercover officer who does't trust anyone except his family. Mercy Jones is a teacher who has sworn off men, she's caring, funny and smart.

Due to being undercover Aidan has to hide his true identity from Mercy, but nothing can hide the attraction and scorching chemistry between the two. Mer
Kate

I really, really, really liked this.

In His Custody is well written with an introduction to the Shaw family which I can’t wait to read more about. Fantastic characters be it the main or the secondary characters. They are all likeable and I would like to read more about them all.

I enjoyed the plot immensely however what threw a spanner in the works was that Aidan lied. Yes, I know it was all undercover but still it rubbed me the wrong way.

Although Aidan is a good guy he is an alpha through and
Jackie Wright
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
In his Custody is a quick fast paced read, I was hooked from the first page.
Aiden Shaw is a cop who goes undercover as a history/sports teacher, his job is get to the bottom of a drug problem , it wasn't his job to fall for the sassy English teacher Mercy Jones.
Mercy Jones is a woman getting over a messy breakup, she wasn't meant to fall for the sexy new teacher. Will Mercy be able to get past the lies Aiden had to tell just to do his job ......
This book has enough going on to keep you
Valerie
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-owned, romance
Drugs, teenagers and high school, what could possibly make for a better romance? Oh wait let’s add in an under cover cop and a woman scorned by a liar.

Mercy Jones didn’t suffer fools lightly. In fact when she got burned, she was done. She poured herself into her students in a way that would make anyone proud. She was determined to help and to do all she could for these kids.

Aidan Shaw he wanted to help as well. The problem was he was back in high school for a case, the helping was just extra.
Cassandra Caress
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fiona Archer gives us a hot undercover cop and a funny, smart and caring teacher in a story that is sexy and suspenseful. I haven't seen the end coming at all! So definitely a high five to Fiona Archer's writing skills. The story caught me right from the beginning and had me on the edge in more ways than one *wink*. One can definitely say that she gets better and better with every book.
I'm so glad we get a little something from her til her next book is out. (Which I'm so looking forward to.)

Thi
Liz
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
In His Custody by Fiona Archer is the first in her The Shaw Brothers series. It is a quick and sexy read with a touch of suspense. The novella originally appeared in a box set but has since been updated and expanded by the author.

I loved Mercy Jones. She was strong, feisty and determined. She was a teacher and put all her support behind her students. She believed in them and wanted more from them. Detective Aiden Shaw was very good at his job, but for once, his job was getting in the way. As an
She's a Lip Biter
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great news that Fiona Archer is continuing to entertain us with the Shaw family. After reading her novella in the Cuffed and Claimed box set and book 1 of her Sons of Sydney series, in the Tempting Justice I was hoping we'd get more Shaw family stories from this fabulous author.

This story centres around Aidan Shaw, aka Sean when undercover, a police officer who is trying to find out who supplied the drugs that seriously harmed a student. Mercy Jones is an English teacher at that school and their
Erin Lewis
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review In His Custody (The Shaw Brothers #1) by Fiona Archer

In His Custody was extremely well written and a pleasure to read. This is Mercy and Aidan’s (Sean) story; Aidan is working undercover as a history teacher at the school that Mercy teaches at. This book had passion, romance, mystery and intrigue and a truly alpha male. Aidan is determined to bring down the criminals selling and supplying drugs at the high school. Mercy is an extremely dedicated teacher, who although cautious of
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This read I was immediately pulled into and did enjoy the detective, mysterious, suspense (that edge of your sit kind of read, intense), drama, romance, I loved it all. Such a quick fun read for me. I am new to Fiona, meeting all these great writers recently. Looking forward to her next read. such a page-turner. My go 2 reading is always a mystery, that is my 1st love. So when you add in romance, a bit of steam ... it is even a bigger plus. Mercy Jones is so so sassy. Lots of chemistry in the re ...more
Susan
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
One hot undercover cop and a teacher with both attitude and compassion, together they burn up the pages in this fast paced story with just enough twists and turns to keep you guessing until the very last page. This author is now a must buy for me as she continues to surpass my expectations of a good read
Erin Carter
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the plot of this story. An undercover cop, posing as a high school teacher to catch a drug dealer threatening students’ lives, falls for a fellow teacher. But will the lies he had to tell to remain undercover be too much to forgive?

However, like the first season of a new TV show, Fiona introduces so many new characters with their whole back story, it became hard to follow. How many brothers does he have? Oh, that one’s moving back into town? The next book’s probably about him, etc.

Also
Angela
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review. In His Custody will be out on 25 August 2017.

After a messy breakup, English teacher Mercy Jones swore off men. Detective Aidan Shaw trust nobody outside his family and fellow cops.

When working together to eradicate a high school drug network, Aidan meets an intelligent, feisty blonde.

How can Aidan remain undercover and not betray the woman he's come to cherish? As he closes in on the criminals manipulating innocents for profits, the stakes gr
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Oh do I love Fiona’s brooding and alpha males. Aiden did not disappoint. I will say I was so glad that Aiden and Mercy were given a full novel. This story was originally a novella in a charity boxset. Well I guess we begged Fiona enough and she expanded the story for us gr
Amy Stephens
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fiona Archer is a new author to me and I'm so glad I decided to read In His Custody.

I loved the build-up right from the beginning, knowing there was something really deep going on at the school where Aiden was sent as an undercover cop. There was that bit of mystery that kept the story interesting.

I knew Aiden was going to hit it off with Mercy Jones, another teacher at the same school. Aside from him being undercover, the two were a lot alike and they both wanted to see the kids at the school
Kathryn Linke
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

4 Stars

In His Custody is the first title in the Shaw Brothers series. This was my first time reading anything written by Fiona Archer, but it definitely will not be my last.

Aidan Shaw is posing as Sean Gallagher to uncover who is responsible for the sale of drugs to high school students. He is kind, caring, compassionate and protective, and an alpha to boot with authoritative tendencies.

Mercy is a sweet, kind, and a tad sassy English teacher, she sees the best in others and goes out of her way
Elaine Watling
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book I’ve read by Fiona Archer and she’s quickly becoming a one click author for me. In this book we meet Mercy Jones, she’s an English Teacher who has sworn off men after her after a messy break up with her ex. We also meet Detective Aidan Shaw, he’s a tough guy, he doesn’t trust anyone who is outside of his family or the cops he works with. Aidan goes undercover, as a school teach trying to bust a high school drug network. Aidan and Mercy meet and there is an instant attracti ...more
Brandy Roberts
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought In his custody was a very intriguing , the blurb really drew me in while also have a hot cover I was sold . This would be my first read by Fiona Archer and it wont be my last because the storyline had me till the very end and a author that does that is one I want to read more of . With hot sex scenes , an undercover hottie with a big mhm gun , and sassy teacher who know how to handle a ruler this would be the book you don't want to miss .
copy provided for honest review
***************
Karen Harper
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, if you haven’t read any of the Sons of Sydney books, I suggest you read them now. You won’t be disappointed. Why am I telling you this? I first came across the Shaw brothers when I read these books. At the time, I was in love with the sons of Sydney; now I’m falling in love with the Shaw brothers.
Needless to say, this book had my (I wish it was undivided) attention from the first page. There were so many things about this book that appealed to me. I’m an ex-teacher so that was numb
Eli
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fiona Archer has done it again with In His Custody. She has brought a story that will make your heart sing. Aiden Shaw is a man not meant to be ignored by looks or attitude.

"And a man that size—tall, with a muscular build emphasized by the snug fit of the football team’s white polo shirt—was hard to ignore in a bar, even one starting to get crowded."

He might have trust issues but that doesn't keep him away from Mercy Jones. Their story has intriguing twists and turns that kept me turning the pa
Annette
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick read into the lives of Aidan Shaw and Mercy Jones. Aidan is an undercover detective posing as a teacher/coach in the high school to search out who's dealing drugs. Mercy is the English teacher who wants what is best for her students. Their relationship starts off on one big lie though as she knows him as Sean. This leads to a few twists in this story. I liked all the twists that came along with the drug storyline as well. It will keep the reader guessing right up until the end ab ...more
Laura Springer
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another one knocked out of the park by Fiona!

Aidan is working undercover at Mercy's school as a teacher to try to get a handle on a drug ring in the school. Seriously where was he when I took Civics in high school??!! Working with Mercy to help a student pass her English class so the student will stay academically eligible to play sports, in return he is helping a child in need off a good influence. Swoon!!! Will Aidan be able to help save the school from the drug ring, the students from a the
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Wow...Aidan and Mercy's story was AMAZEBALLS! Full of heart melting romance, plenty of action, heart pumping suspense and fantastic characters, this is a book to love!

Fiona Archer brings us a story about a sexy detective who is undercover and meets a sassy woman who gives him a run for his money. I found myself enthralled with the plot and digging deep and enjoying every moment of the story as it unravels. I loved the pace that was set and the characters just st
Kimber Hellmers
I got hooked on Fiona Archer from the Sons of Sydney series, and thank god I did! The Shaw brothers are introduced in SoS2, but this read predates those events.
In His Custody is another smart, well written, engaging story with loads of Alpha males, a bit of bdsm (lower case intended) and enough suspense to keep you from not wanting to put this read down. Mercy and Aiden may seem ill-matched, both with a past that should keep them apart. But what about opposites attract isn't great! The sweet sc
Saskia
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book in a new series by Fiona Archer. If you have read the Sons of Sydney books, you might recognize a few characters, but if you haven’t fear not. You can read it as a standalone without any problems. You won’t miss any background.

I enjoyed this book a lot. Mercy was a wonderful character, she was smart, sweet and very invested in her students. She would do anything to help them out. She really cares about people.

Aiden was one hot guy, but like Mercy also very invested in helping peo
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
I read the original short story of this book in an anthology and it was my introduction to this wonderful author. Best thing about reading too much and forgetting details late is I forgot who was the baddie in this story.
There's drugs in the local high school, Aiden is sent in undercover as a teacher and assistant football coach. Sparks fly between him and Mercy the English teacher. Will she find out he is a liar?
Such a tricky way to begin a romance with deception, will she ever forgive him?
This
Casey
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading a book from this author and I loved her work! A hot, alpha undercover detective meets a strong, feisty teacher recovery from a messy breakup and boy do the sparks fly! Aiden Shaw is given the task of going undercover as a teacher at a high school to breakup a drug rink where he meets the gorgeous, sassy Mercy Jones. The chemistry is instantaneous. Mercy has already been burned before by lies; will she forgive Aiden once his cover is revealed? Not only is the romance ...more
Viper Spaulding
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH MY, you're really in for an exhilarating ride with this amazing book! Aiden is just too sexy for words, or maybe it's just because I've always had a soft spot for cops like my husband. His relationship with Mercy is beyond complicated; his undercover status weaves a web of lies that we know Mercy is eventually going to have to be OK with. The high school setting is done so well we are reminded why we both hated and loved those days, and there's just enough action and suspense to make the stor ...more
Sara
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!

This was a great start to what I can only hope is going to be an awesome series!

After reading The Sons of Sydney books, I was very much intrigued about Aiden Shaw and Mercy Jones' story.

Their story was action packed with Aiden going undercover at the high school that Mercy taught English at. The chemistry nearly burned off the pages of this book.

I can't say enough great things about this book. I highly recommend you read this and Ms Archer's Sons of Sydney books!

• Burn Me
  • Cold Feet
  • For Honor and Glory (Krewe of Hunters #30.6)
  • Midnight Sun (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • Sanctuary
  • Devoted to Wicked
  • Touched by Danger (Sinclair and Raven #3)
  • The Secret Sister (Fairham Island, #1)
  • Born on the 4th of July (Krewe of Hunters #30.7)
  • In Seconds (Bulletproof, #2)
  • Seeing Darkness (Krewe of Hunters #30)
  • White Heat (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #1)
  • Mother's Day, the Krewe, and a Really Big Dog (Krewe of Hunters #30.5)
  • The Secrets She Kept (Fairham Island, #2)
  • Blue Smoke
  • The Liar
  • Seeing Danger (Sinclair and Raven, #2)
  • The Loner's Lady
Sinful Alphas. Swoon-worthy Romance.

Fiona Archer is an Aussie author who writes contemporary romance spiced with suspense. Her books feature masterful alpha heroes teamed with sassy heroines who limit their submissive side to the bedroom.

Her favorite hobbies include watching Nathan Fillion on television, shopping for that ever-elusive perfect shade of lipstick, and drinking iced coffee.

Click h