Start by marking “Roomies” as Want to Read:
Roomies

Roomies

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  12,194 Ratings  ·  1,954 Reviews
From subway to Broadway to happily ever after. Modern love in all its thrill, hilarity, and uncertainty has never been so compulsively readable as in New York Times and #1 international bestselling author Christina Lauren’s (Beautiful Bastard, Dating You / Hating You) new romance.

Marriages of convenience are so…inconvenient.

Rescued by Calvin McLoughlin from a would-be sub
Published December 5th 2017 by Gallery Books

Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳The idea of marriage for the aspect of immigration purposes, has never sounded so enticing in this new compelling romance from Christina Lauren…

➳When being granted the presence of an Irish hottie, with the admiration and talent of music, and the love for keeping his lips smooth and soft by applying lip balm every five minutes, one must learn to admire such a specimen. I sure have, thanks to Christina and Lauren and their welcoming presence of Calvin McLoughlin. An attractive musician, who is
Christy
4.25 stars!

description

Christina Lauren always writes the best feel good romances. Roomies had me laughing, swooning, and kept a huge smile on my face the entire time I was reading!!!

Holland meets Calvin at the subway station. She is captivated by his music the first time she hears him play. It turns into a bit of an obsession for her. Holland goes out of her way to listen to Calvin’s music. It’s mesmerizing. Holland works in Broadway, and even though she’s not musical, she has an ear for it. She falls in l
Melanie

ARC provided by Simon & Schuster in exchange for an honest review.

This was maybe the sweetest book I’ve read all year. It was heartwarming, adorable, and just a joy to read. I loved this and I hope if you guys are looking for a romantic contemporary this holiday season, you’ll pick up Roomies upon release on December 5th!

This is a story that surrounds a girl named Holland, who has been around music all her life. Her uncle and his husband practically have raised her, and one of them is a big
*****FIVE++++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Authors}

I've had the thought almost without realizing it--the encroaching awareness that I feel settled but in truth can’t see my future at all. I have a temporary job, a temporary marriage. Will anything ever be permanent? What the hell am I going to do with my life? I only get one shot at this, and right now, I’m finding my value only in being valuable to others. How do I find value for me?

I just spent an entire day getting lost in this a
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
5 stars!

Review and Paperback Giveaway at Of Pens and Pages.

There was never a dull moment reading this book! Fantastic banter and chemistry, great pace and flow, a wonderful and relatable heroine and a guitar-playing Irishman who will melt your heart with his music and accent. Plus, it's a slow burn, marriage of convenience romance, so duh. Of course, it's a win for me.

Holland Bakker had no idea she'd go from admiring the uber-handsome and talented busker she dubbed as Jack at the subway to actua
Lia Bonnibel  (pidgey)
But this...writing about how it feels to listen to music, to have found him--it almost feels like I'm writing a description of how my organs work together, what keeps me breathing. I don't think I've ever felt this before.

I’m not an avid NA/contemporary reader, but I do love me some Christina Lauren goodies from time to time.
I find their writing easy and entertaining without resulting cheap or vulgar, and every time I engage in one of their stories, I can rest easily knowing they will provide
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
“I’ve never done this before. I just know I’m falling for the girl I married.”

I absolutely fell in love with this book. I knew what I was getting going into it, a marriage of convenience, a marriage to save a guy from being deported. What I didn’t know, I was getting an amazing love story. It was sweet, lighthearted, sexy, funny, and it was exactly what I needed. I will be honest, the first 30% was rather slow for me. Once things started picking up, I couldn't put this book down.

The attraction
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Contemporary-A-Thon Challenge #1: read a book that has been recommend to you - COMPLETE!

Y’all, this book was really good. Like, I FINALLY loved something by Christina Lauren again, good. This surprised me so much and I am SO HAPPY that I read it! Probably gonna re-read it again in a few weeks because I’m already itching to revisit these characters. Happy sigh
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4.5 cute stars

I had so much fun while I was reading it.It was sweet,cute, lighthearting and sexy.The book keep my interest throughout and I was intrigued with the concept of a fake marriage contract.

description

Roomies has it all, steamy moments,lovable characters,and an intense and full of emotions romance.Calvin is a swoon worthy hero,I adored him and I fell for him hard.Holland is funny and cute.I could easily relate with her.They try to deny the connection both are feeling but this can't be for long.
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
CURRENTLY ON HUGE SALE! | http://amzn.to/2jqoINh

“Mo stóirín, I fear I’ll like you too much.”

description

Reading a book by Christina Lauren is ALWAYS a treat and a guaranteed awesome read. Light, fun, touching, and with their signature humor, Roomies was no exception.

First things first. From here on out, I only want to be referred to as ‘“Mo stóirín.” Because Irish speaking musicians is my new favorite thing.

Roomies tells the story of Holland Bakker (told primarily in her POV), whom I would like to point
Whitney Atkinson
I just recently read The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, a book that revolutionized my reading and made me realize I should delve more into adult romance rather than grasping New Adult by the throat and begging it to give me new, unproblematic content. So I decided to pick up this book because I mean, come on. Set in NYC about musical theater and a fake relationship trope? I’m here for it. And although I flew through this book in a day or two, my expectations were ultimately let down.

The main downf
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Really loved it, I "tink"... :D Blog review by Jenny soon!
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This book receives 5 out of 5 AMAZING Stars! This was just what I needed to lighten up my mood! This book was absolutely hilarious, surprising, romantic, fun, open-minded and more! I loved escaping into this book! I loved Holland and Calvin! They were awesome seperately but even better after their "nuptials".

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants! Okay, I know some of you are thinking "TMI, GROSS!" (Thank you motherhood!) Anyways back to this awesome book, I loved the romance and loved the fam
Riley
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5th read for #smutathon
Challenge: Fake Dating

Omg. omg. this was so good. I'm dying at how cute it was
Heather 'Bookables'
3.5

Really enjoyable, steamy, swoon worthy read!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ebooks, romance
4.5 stars!

“You’re too beautiful to be inexperienced in love.”

Roomies is a charming book that sneaks up on you and grabs your heart! Holland has had a crush on subway musician Calvin for months who then saves her when she gets attacked on the subway. Recognizing his musical talent, she is able to get him his big break in broadway. There’s only one problem, he’s from Ireland and has been living in America illegally for the last four years.

Holland finds a crazy solution, she decides to marry C
♥Rachel♥
I had high hopes for Roomies and while I liked the story, I didn’t love it.

You get the gist of the overall story from the description, so I won’t rehash it here. I think this is a case where the story would’ve benefited from a dual POV because my biggest issue was that I wasn’t sure that Calvin wanted Holland like she wanted him for much of the book. It felt very one-sided to me, I knew Holland was crazy about Calvin, but didn’t feel it on his end. If we would’ve had Calvin’s POV maybe I would’
Beatrice Masaluñga
I buddy read this book with my dear friends Rachmi, Trish and Kat ;)

Roomies offers a lot of good vibes. I love the fake marriage, quirky dialogue and steamy romance. Itt's less angsty and more lighthearted compared to other books Christina Lauren has written. Each moments were cute and it's impossible not to smile on it.

It all started with Holland Bakker dropping by on the subway purposely just to see her crush. He's a good looking and talented street musician. She's mesmerize every time he stru
Lainey
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1st book for #Smutathon! I'm off to a great start.
Trope Challenge: Fake Dating (Fake marriage, but same difference)

I loooooved this book. Omg. It was so cute and pure.
Khadidja
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I tink i love this so much and i also tink i want an Irish boy like Clavin.

RTC .....i tink?
Geri Reads
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

Come home and kick me in the teeth if you need to, but then kiss me.

Image result for swoon gif

This book isn't just sweet & cute, it's also full of charm and wit. It also has fantastic tension and conflict, not to mention a great chemistry between its main protagonists.

Roomies is told entirely in Holland's point of view, which was great mainly because Holland is a character that you can't help but love. She doesn't have her shit together. One could say that she's privileged, which she is, but the great t
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars

“I’ve never done this before. I just know I’m falling for the girl I married.”

So last week someone clicked the ol’ likey like button on one of my old reviews, and since I am 100% geriatric and suffer from C.R.S. (that’s Can’t Remember Shit for those of you not in the know) I didn’t even know what the heck book it was. When I saw the author I was all “why does that name sound familiar” and then realized that I had this book b
Maram
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you, Christina Lauren, for giving me something cute and sweet and funny and cute and sweet and funny
----
gimme something cute and sweet and funny and cute and sweet and funny 🙆🏻♀💅🏻
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

This is a wonderful story of a couple that have a marriage of convenience that turns into something else.

Holland has been seeing Calvin for six months and by seeing, I mean, watching him busking in a New York subway. She has his schedule down to a tee and takes every opportunity to listen to him play.

One night, a homeless guy accosts her and knocks her into the tracks. When she comes to in the ambulance, she has a bit of a concussion and a broken arm. Calvin basically takes off.

De
♆Hayley
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a sucker for main characters who are artists as well as a man with an accent, so naturally I loved this. Roomies was my first marriage of conscience book and I’m hooked.

I really loved Calvin and Holland and watching their relationship develop. They were both really quirky, sweet baby angels and fun to read. It was well-written and the setting of New York City was so vibrant and fun. I keep using the word fun, because it’s the perfect word to describe this book. It’s doesn’t rip your heart ou
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc
4.5 Stars!

This is one of those stories that just pulls you in more and more the further you read. It got to the point that I didn't want to put the book down to leave for work and I was anxious to pick it back up as soon as I could. It did start out a bit slow. Also, Holland was a pretty awkward character. It took me a bit to connect to her but once the story got Calvin more involved, the pages just really started to fly by. You get invested in these two pretty quickly. I was expecting this to b
Kindling Micky
I have to say that ROOMIES left me underwhelmed. It took rather a long time to get going (30-40%) and I found myself doing other things rather than reading. I liked the characters in the same way that I like my sofa, comfortable, easy but nothing special. It just didn’t grab me. However, I know Christina Lauren well enough to know that whilst this one wasn’t for me, invariably I love their work and I’ll be back from their next release at the front of the queue.
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 4.5 Hearts!

description

Roomies is a beautiful amalgamation of tender romance and elegant seduction, Christina Lauren deftly captivating readers with melodic musical theatre elements set against the cinematic background of a dazzling New York.

He kisses me like it’s love, and as he pushes faster into me, he sounds like a man overcome with love, and when he rolls so I’m on top of him. he watches me with something that looks a lot like love in his eyes.

This story is by no means original when it co
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, favorites
5 Stars!

photo IMG_2777_zpsgeym97xy.jpg

Holland Bakker is a 25 yr. old woman living in Manhattan. She’s the youngest of six siblings & has a degree in English. She’s an aspiring writer who isn’t following her passion. She’s working as an archivist/errand girl at a theater. The highlight of her day is her not so random trips to the subway station to watch a busker play his guitar. She’s watched this street musician for months. She has an ear for music, & is drawn to him. His music demands her attention & makes her
K.A. Tucker
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! This story had heart and a great cast of characters.
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more
More about Christina Lauren

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“There is a high that comes from live shows, a collective energy in a large group of people all gathered for one reason. The beat slices through the melodies and then drops; the crowd bounces and undulates like ripples of water.” 8 likes
“I catch a flash of bare ass and find religion.” 7 likes