Start by marking “Holiday Secrets (McKade Law #1)” as Want to Read:
Holiday Secrets (McKade Law #1)

Holiday Secrets

(McKade Law #1)

DEADLY HOLIDAY REUNION

When his ex is thrust into the crosshairs of a deadly syndicate, FBI agent Gavin McKade will do whatever it takes to protect her. Even work the case with his stubborn sheriff dad. Gavin’s holiday homecoming isn’t exactly warm and fuzzy, but he must set aside the past to make sure Lexie Grant survives. As if protecting Lexie from professional killers i
Published December 5th 2017 by Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Secrets

Susan Snodgrass
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Susan Sleeman, a huge favorite, starts a new series with this book. This is the story of the McKade family in Texas, all of them in law enforcement to some degree. This book focuses on Gavin, the eldest son, who has suffered a great blow, has a falling out with his sheriff father and leaves town to join the FBI. He also leaves his best girl, Lexie, and her young brother. Lexie can't get over this and carries the hurt in her heart always.

Then Lexie's mostly absentee and unloving father tells her
Kav
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Squuueeeeallll!!!!! A new series from one of my favourite LIS authors!!!!!! And it's focused around a family of law enforcers. In Texas! Take a look at that cover! Only I want to know why the hero is riding away from me. Yoohoo -- Gavin, I'm over here! Damsel in distress! Heeeelllppp!!!! Sigh. He's ignoring me. Probably because it's taking all his concentration to keep tabs on the love of his life.

Lexie's in terrible danger and Gavin's sure he's the only one who can keep her safe. He might be a
Marylin
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lexie only wanted a place where she felt loved and wanted, instead she felt abandoned by people in her life. First, it was the death of her mom, then her father left without anyone’s knowledge whether he was dead or alive. Then finally, was Gavin, the one she thought would be there for the rest of her life, he walks away from his family and her.
Gavin, who had his own issues of not meeting up to what his father expected. Of feeling guilty about his past. Made the only choice he felt he could mak
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
HOLIDAY SECRETS by Ms. Sleeman is the beginning of a new series. Set in Texas, the law enforcement is just as rural as the ones in my state. Laid back, ranchers, southern drawl.

It started with a literal bang, and the tension didn't let up. Who is behind the death of Dr. Grant? Why is Lexie being threatened? I couldn't figure this suspense out (and I usually can). I couldn't even make an educated guess.

If you like Texas cowboys and law enforcement, this book has the flavor down pat. You won't b
Lisa Hudson
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
PAGE–TURNER!

HOLIDAY SECRETS (McKade Law # 1) is a page–turner from start to finish! Sleeman has long been a master of suspense writing and this book is no exception! Her characters are believable, relatable and complicated. The plot is excellent and will keep you searching for clues on each page. The ending is will take your breath away and is spectacular!
Becky Lewis
Susan Sleeman wastes no time sweeping her readers into the romantic suspense novels she writes. Holiday Secrets, book one of the McKade Law series, is such an example. From the opening sentence,"Lexie Grant's father had to pick today, of all days,to come back from the dead," the reader cannot help but be caught up in the taut action.

Now issues aplenty, the two main characters, Lexie Grant and Gavin McKade had almost reached the altar years earlier. Sleeman puts great emotions into her characters
Valri Western
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Susan Sleeman starts a new series, I'm totally IN! This one is set in Texas and involves the McKade family who are all in some sort of law enforcement. We meet all of the siblings in this book but the oldest, Gavin, is front and center. It seems he has had a falling out with his father who is the sheriff of their town so he's gone on to be a FBI agent in the big city. However, he comes back exclusively to work on a case involving his ex-girlfriend's father. He still loves Lexie Grant but he ...more
Lora
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I received a copy of HOLIDAY SECRETS from the author, and I read it through immediately! I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and the plot. The McKade family members are so protective and endearing that I wished I were part of their family. I can't wait to read more about them--I'm so glad this is a series!
Leslie M.
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rt
I reviewed this for RT Bookreviews Magazine: https://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-re...

As readers have come to expect from Sleeman, her latest combines solid suspense and enough twists to make things unpredictable. While there is romance involved, the main focus is certainly on the mystery, though it’s easy to become invested in the characters. The reader is plunged into the action from the start, and there is no shortage of tense situations. Lexie and Gavin are flawed, yet relatable characters.

Le
Kay Garrett
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-read
HOLIDAY SECRETS by Susan Sleeman is the first book in the McKade Law series. It’s the heart pounding story of Gavin McKade and Lexie Grant.

Dr. Grant was never much of a family man or one to take interest in his kids. He turned Lexie and Adam over to his sister-in-law, Ruth, to raise them. He was in and out of their lives sporadically. Lexie had always felt protective and motherly to her younger brother Adam doing anything to keep him happy and loved.

FBI Special Agent, Gavin McKade had arranged
Julie Graves
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
This is the first of the McKade Law books and I have to say that I believe I am a fan! Gavin McKade left his hometown to become an FBI agent. His whole family is in law enforcement but he and his father have never seen eye to eye and after Gavin accidentally shot someone he knew he could no longer work under his father. But now Gavin's first lead case has led him back home to the doorstep of the woman he left and will always love!

Lexie is not happy about Gavin's return. It was hard enough to hav
Trixi
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Danger, suspense, an unknown killer on the loose, heart-pounding scenes, romantic tension, and Texas all combine to make Susan Sleeman the kind of author you can associate with un-put-downable fiction at it's best! Even better, the start of a new series surrounding a passel of law enforcement family members. Beginning with older brother Gavin McKade, now a top notch FBI agent only back in town to investigate a fraud case. With who other than Lexie Grant's dad! Having a history together, she's no ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the beginning of a new series by Ms Sleeman. A series about a law enforcement family and their lives.
This one gives us Gavin McKade and Lexie Grant. Prior to leaving town, Gavin was deputy and his Dad the sheriff. The two never saw eye to eye and Gavin, and after an incident that deeply affected Gavin, he decided to leave and become an FBI agent far away from his hometown. Lexie chose to stay in town but never forgave him for leaving her and her young brother.
Now he’s back to investigat
Glenda Parker
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My review today is on the Love Inspired Suspense, Holiday Secrets. This is the first book in the McKade Law Series. I loved this series and can't wait until the next book to come out. I really enjoy Susan's writing and this one is exceptional; it is well written, action packed and full of intrigue. I know you are going to love it.

FBI Agent Gavin McKade comes home for an investigation into a drug ring. The homecoming isn't what one might think as he is force to work with his stubborn ex-boss, his
Beth Burdette
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holiday Secrets is book 1 in the McKade Law series. Gavin McKade grew up in a law enforcement family. After having issues with his father – the county sheriff – Gavin moved to Houston and got a job with the FBI. When a case involving fraud brings him back to his hometown to investigate a local doctor who happens to be the father if his former girlfriend, Gavin has to deal with both his strained relationship with his father and the woman he had not quite gotten over.

After disappearing and being t
Tima
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gavin, an FBI agent, is in town to see his ex-girlfriend, Lexie, about a case he's working on. Unfortunately for both of them it involves her father. When things go south, Gavin is forced to work with his bull headed father, a sheriff, if either of them have a hope of solving who is out to kill Lexie.

This author writes a dramatic and suspenseful novel. The plot starts out with shooting, intrigue, and drama. Explosions, murder, and horses all mix together to create a cowboy style romance that is
Kim
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holiday Secrets by Susan Sleeman is book number one in her McKade Law series. Lexie Grant is the target of a ruthless syndicate. Riding to her rescue is FBI agent Gavin McKade. He must trust his family to help him watch over Lexie and her younger brother, Adam. But, Lexie is having a hard time letting Gavin back into her life, due to their previous history. Can Gavin keep Lexie safe or will this be their last Christmas alive? Wow! This story starts off with an explosive bang and never lets up. I ...more
Cheri Swalwell
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holiday Secrets is the first in a new series by Susan Sleaman. Wow. I love how the author starts the action in the first few pages and keeps reading at a fast pace throughout. I finished this book in two sittings because I didn’t want to put it down. This book is different from the others she writes. I enjoy the variety that the author gives in all her series. They are not cookie cutter but instead they are each books that can be read separately or together. I fall in love with the characters an ...more
Sabrina Kaye Fox
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book from my best friend's grandma. She reads a ton of these all the time, but I view these books as "the same." I felt like writing these books required little to no brain power, likewise with the reading of them.

Sleeman quickly made me realize that even though these are mass-marketed paperbacks, they still pack a punch with the story development, or, at least Sleeman does.

The McKade family resides in Texas. Gavin has a fight with his father and can't bear to be on the same squa
Marilyn Johnson
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book one in the McKade Law series, what a great place to start. Sleeman always does such a great job at grabbing your interest and keeping it throughout the novel. Her characters are well developed and her plot well thought out. If you enjoy FBI/police type suspense books you will love this one.
Gavin McKade, is the handsome FBI agent. He has some issues he must deal with and coming home brings all those issues to the surface. Will he be able to keep Lexie safe while keeping his distance?
Connie Brown
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Susan Sleeman is one of my favorite authors. You know, the ones that lure you in on their name alone because you have read and enjoyed every one of their books you've read. That is Susan Sleeman to me. She does it again. Holiday Secrets (McKade's Law #1) gets you from the front cover to the last page. The characters draw you in and make them a part of your family or makes you want to be part of their family. You make an investment in the story. It runs the gamut of emotions and situations. You d ...more
Lucy
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite LIS author doesn’t fail to keep you engrossed in her newest book Holiday Secrets. This is the first book in the new McKade Law series. Gavin has left behind family and the love of his life because of guilt and Lexie feels like she is unlovable and rejected. Due to a murder and unforeseen circumstances they are thrown back together and the ride is full of suspense and intrigue. The characters grow in their faith and trust as the book progresses. Some parts are edge of your seat and di ...more
Paula Legate
I really enjoyed this book. The suspense and action were intense from the beginning of the book and after that it never really slowed down. I loved the McKade family, they all work in law enforcement. The family all care for one another. Lexie is a strong heroine. Her mother died, and her dad didn’t spend much time with her or her brother. It was up to Lexie to raise her kid brother. She got her heart broke when her boyfriend Gavin moved away. He came back for a case he was working with the FBI. ...more
Winnie
Dec 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: default
I can always count on Susan Sleeman to pull me quickly into her story and keep me enthralled, and this book is no exception. The action starts quickly and doesn't let up until the end, and the many twists and turns add excitement and surprise. I can also count on a creative plot and vivid characters. The main characters, Gavin McKade and Lexie Grant, are multi-layered and engaging, although they each have their flaws and problems to overcome. I love the faith elements that the author weaves seam ...more
Suzie Waltner
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Meet the McKade family. A group of people dedicated to upholding the law.

Unfortunately, that dedication has caused some rifts. FBI Agent Gavin McKade left his Texas hometown after a disagreement with his father—one that resulted in someone else getting hurt. Now he’s returned to get information from the woman he left behind.
When Lexie Grant is noticed by members of a syndicate out to destroy all evidence of their involvement, Gavin will protect her at all costs, even if that means working with h
Lizzi
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know when I see a book by Susan Sleeman that its going to be good. Holiday Secrets was no exception. It was amazingly written, with great characters, and nasty bad guys you just loves to hate.
Gavin McKade had to leave his town, his family, his job as a deputy and Lexie Grant when he unintentionally injured an innocent victim. Since then, the FBI agent has been on the brink of paranoia when it comes to his job and keeping people safe. This is a story about reconciling for things of the past an
Debora Wilder
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding romantic suspense novel!

I love this new cast of characters for this series! They are incredibly well developed. I’m really looking forward to learning more about the McKade family as the series progresses.

Both Lexie and Gavin are burdened down from past wounds. I wanted so badly to see them each let go of the pain and move on with their lives. They needed to learn how to forgive and trust God.

The plot really kept me guessing. I was completely amazed when the truth was revealed.

I
Hazel Robinson
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Family secrets

Family of law enforcement, love this family. Gavin the eldest Mckade was struggling with working with his father, so he left home moved to Houston and because an FBI agent. Now he is back home investigating the father of the woman he was to marry. Lexie was also dealing with abandonment issues with her father and Gavin, now someone has killed her father and they are coming after her. I was totally shocked by who the villain was, this book has murder, kidnapping, and a God Fearing f
Ginger Solomon
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big Susan Sleeman fan. I just love her writing style. Add in hunky cowboys, who work as law enforcement, and I'm hooked. Holiday Secrets didn't disappoint. I shed a few tears, but I also laughed. The sad parts didn't last long, and the happy sections kept me smiling for pages. Moody Adam made it seem exceptionally real (from a mom of occasionally moody teens). The end was surprising, as it should be.

I received this book free from the author/publisher. The above is my honest review.
Mary Lawson
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holiday Secrets (McKade Law)
Susan Sleeman

Pain of abandonment hits Lexi and Adam from their father and from Gavin has hit them hard. Can they trust Gavin or has he just returned to investigate their dad. Can they trust him when the chips are down?
A twist and turn read that keeps you guessing until the surprise turn of events. A page turner from beginning to end while Lexie and Gavin look for a murderer among family secrets and betrayal.
SUSAN SLEEMAN is the bestselling author of over thirty-five novels with more than one million books sold. She writes romantic suspense novels that are clean with inspiring messages of faith. Readers love her series for the well-drawn characters and edge-of-your-seat action. She graduated from the FBI and local police citizen academies, so her research is spot-on and her characters are real.
In addi

McKade Law (4 books)
  • Rodeo Standoff (McKade Law #2)
  • Christmas Hideout (McKade Law #3)
  • Taken in Texas