Start by marking “Christmas on the Run (Mission: Rescue #8)” as Want to Read:
Christmas on the Run (Mission: Rescue #8)

Christmas on the Run

(Mission: Rescue #8)

"DO WHAT WE TELL YOU OR YOUR SON WILL DISAPPEAR..."

Master gemstone cutter Carly Rose Kelley will do anything to keep her son safe...but with blackmailers insisting she forge priceless antique stones, she needs help. With Christmas days away, the desperate widow has only one hope--the brother-in-law she never met. Hostage rescue specialist Dallas Morgan never knew about hi
Published November 7th 2017 by Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Christmas on the Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas on the Run

Melanie
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christmas on the Run stars off with a very suspenseful beginning. I was drawn into the story immediately and found it fascinating how the heroine had never met her brother-in-law, but he ended up being the only person she could turn to for help.

I really loved Dallas as a character. He was brave and, even though he had reasons to be angry with her, he right away was willing to drop everything and help. Her son was also adorable and I loved a certain scene in the story. ;)

All in all, Christmas on
Kav
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is such a desperate sense of urgency from the very first page that I think I held my breath through the whole read! Carly is in an impossible situation but she's a scrappy fighter and she's concocted a plan that just must save her son...if she can bring herself to hand the controls over to Dallas, a man she's never met. But she's done her research and he's definitely hero material. Trouble is Carly has trust issues when it comes to men and she second guesses involving Dallas at every turn. ...more
Lisa Johnson
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Christmas on the Run (Mission Rescue)
Author: Shirlee McCoy
Pages: 217
Year: 2017
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
Carly Kelley is on the run…literally. She is begin chased by a man while out on her morning jog. She has kept to her normal routine recently, even though she has felt like she is being watched. Just as her text warned, she has not talked to the police or told anyone about the threats issued to her, her young son and her best friend via text. She is a
Debbie
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Christmas on the Run" is a Christian suspense novel. It's the eighth book in a series, but it works as a stand-alone novel. The characters were surprised when they discovered the person ultimately behind the jewelry scheme, but I wasn't, though I think it was meant to be unexpected. I even wondered why they didn't checked up on that person more. Still, suspense novels are about staying alive while stopping the bad guys, not about whodunit.

The characters were nice people. Carly struggled with fo
Books and Spoons
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
An engaging and energetic romantic suspense story that captivated my mind. It was a great read for a rainy evening with the entertaining plot with plenty of twists. The suspense kept the intensity high, the romance was alluring yet sweet, and little Zane, he was just too cute and endearing, saying the funniest things to make you smile.
Carly Rose Kelley was a strong female lead. She knows who she is, what she wants, what she is good at, and where she needs help with and how to go about getting t
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carly Kelley works as a gemstone cutter versed in the traditional ways of cutting gems. This makes her a rather highly sort out person. She is currently working for the Smithsonian in DC. Her late husband Josh told her repeatedly that his estranged older brother is a hero, ex-military now working in hostage retrieval, but wants nothing to do with them due to Josh's past. With Josh gone, Carly is doing her best to make a life for her and their son, Zane. But when someone starts threatening her un ...more
Glenda Parker
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My review today is on the Love Inspired Suspense, Christmas on the Run. This is the eighth book in the Mission:Rescue Series. Don't you just love Shirlee's books? This is a wonderful example of her work. This story is well written, full of drama, and action packed. It is also full of faith. You are going to love it.

Museum conservator Carley Rose Kelley is a master gemstone cutter. She also free lances as an antique-jewelry restoration specialist. A widow with a small son she finds herself being
Jessica Figueroa
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Carly cuts gemstones and is a master at what she does which seems to have caught the eye of some men who are willing to blackmail her into doing what they want. Unwilling to do what they have asked they have threaten to take her child. Without anyone to turn to shes goes to her brother in law who doesn't even know she or her son exists but will do everything he can to protect them.

If you are looking for a great mystery book that packs a punch in a short amount of time then this book is for you.
Ashley Dawn
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing like family to bring trouble to your door. Dallas didn't even know his late brother had a kid. When Carly drops that bombshell on him, there are also bullets flying and he has trouble believing it. Carly's frantic worrying about her son. Whoever has been threatening her to get her to do the work is after them.
I loved that this book didn't slow down. The characters were great. Carly is a wonderful mom and wishes Dallas was more like her late husband so she wouldn't like him. That
Marilyn Johnson
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 8 in the Mission: Rescue series, however it is a stand alone book. You will probably notice it is written in a way that could be part of a series yet you do not have to read any of the previous books to keep up and understand what is happening in this one.

This novel is full of mystery, suspense, love, and romance. McCoy does an excellent job at grabbing and keeping your attention. There are a few twist and turns and her dialogue is written wonderfully. You feel a part of the action.
Pianosue
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting read. Several twists and turns. Master Gemstone cutter Carly Kelley is trying to keep her son safe. Someone is blackmailing her to make gemstones by threatening her son. She is desperate for help. She plans to contact her brother-in-law for help. Will he believe her and be willing to help her even though they have never met? Will they be able to figure out who is trying to kidnap her son and harm her before it's too late?
Sharon
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fairly typical of this genre but the lead female character has an intriguing/ uncommon career which made the book more interesting to me. I was also quite entertained by the witty dialogue between the lead characters. HEART team members, Dallas and Boone, have some amusing conversations, too. I've enjoyed reading this series about the various members of HEART (an elite private hostage-rescue team).
Araceli Romo
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been a very entertaining read; it had romance, light suspense, a bit of mystery, and even some Christmas. I want to clarify that this is not exactly a Christmas book (as you may think from the title), but if you are in search for some romance and action during the holidays, this is a great choice.
Susan Snodgrass
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last of Shirlee McCoy's 'Mission: Rescue' series was just as good as the first. I discovered her books early this year and now I've read about 11 or 12. Each one wonderful. Powerful inspirational romantic suspense with great spiritual themes. Highly recommended.
Brenda C. McAllister
AWESOME !!!!!!!!!

What a great story!! The mystery behind Carly's trouble was very well thought out and the culprits behind the chaos were unable to succeed in their scheme. God was faithful to protect Carly and Zane from danger.
Dorel
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the 8th book I read by Shirlee McCoy. I liked the action & I felt sorry for Dallas but I couldn't get into this book's storyline.
Bernie
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas on the Run review

Christmas on the Run is the third romantic suspense book in the Mission: Rescue series written by author Shirlee McCoy.
Luccia Gray
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feel good Christmas romance

Widow in danger seeks estranged brother-in-law's help. Suspense and romance in a nicely written, feel good Christmas / winter read.
Allie
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it! As always, great writing from the Author. Cannot wait for the next book from Ms. McCoy.
Joy Avery Melville
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-authors
One of Shirlee McCoy's GREATER novels in LIS.

Good for Christmas reading this year.
Geneva Stokes
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great writing; Shirlee McCoy, love the Mission: Rescue series. The plot just keeps getting bigger and bigger, what an ending.
Deloris  Mercer
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read

Great series.
Thank you Ms. McCoy for writing this book. The characters are really wonderful. Really good mystery. Lot's of twists and turns .
Feb 09, 2018
Dec 02, 2018
Tash
Nov 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Mission: Rescue (8 books)
  • Protective Instincts (Mission: Rescue #1)
  • Her Christmas Guardian (Mission: Rescue #2)
  • Exit Strategy (Mission: Rescue #3)
  • Deadly Christmas Secrets (Mission: Rescue #4)
  • Mystery Child (Mission: Rescue #5)
  • The Christmas Target (Mission: Rescue #6)
  • Mistaken Identity (Mission: Rescue #7)