Start by marking “His Frontier Christmas Family (Frontier Bachelors #7)” as Want to Read:
His Frontier Christmas Family (Frontier Bachelors #7)

His Frontier Christmas Family

(Frontier Bachelors #7)

A Family Made at Christmas

Published December 5th 2017 by Love Inspired Historicals

To ask other readers questions about His Frontier Christmas Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Frontier Christmas Family

Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This has been a wonderful series and I've enjoyed following the Wallin family as each member finds love. Levi's story is one of redemption as he tries to make up for the mistakes of his past and learns about forgiveness. His match with Callie is perfect as he partners with her to care for her brothers and baby niece, and they grow to depend on each other emotionally as well. Their romance grows sweetly and Callie helps Levi overcome his struggles. She also learns to accept her differences and se ...more
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I really enjoyed this latest book from Regina Scott! It’s Christmasy and romantic and it has a very sweet (and important) message.

First – I have to talk about the kids. Frisco and Sutter and sweet little Mica. These kids are adorable! Even the boys in their own precocious, rambunctious way. Their fierce protectiveness of their family, their boyish energy, and their ultimately tender hearts (masked by manly gruffness of course) made me smile every time they stole a scene.

Callie – oh how I wanted
Brittany
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and festive addition to the Frontier Bachelors series! This book can be read as a stand alone novel, yet ties in beautifully with the other books preceding it.

It is a tale of burdens, regrets, and guilt, as well as one of new beginnings, love, and family. I thought that this sweet story flowed nicely. I appreciated seeing things through Callie’s eyes. She and her two brothers were not raised in high society, or even middle class society. They grew up at various gold panning camps an
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This book takes a good look at the gold-rush era and the lives of the people and their families. I loved learning of the hardships they faced, also how the zeal for gold overtook many people sensibilities.

This book is part of a series that can be read as a stand-alone. It looks at the life and romance of Levi and Callie. Two people who were worlds apart in their upbringing thrown together by tragedy.

Callie is a young woman who has labored to hold her brothers and niece together while her brother
Susan Snodgrass
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
'God knew how far Levi had fallen. It would be a long time before he felt himself worthy of respect again.'

Regina Scott gives us the last Wallin brother's story in this Frontier Bachelor series. Levi Wallin is hoping to atone for his mistakes on the gold fields when he returns home to Wallin's Landing. He has assumed guardianship of his late friend's family: his sister, twin brothers and baby. Callie is very wary of Levi and has not one bit of trust for him, but sees no way but allowing him to t
Trixi
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I've last visited the Wallin family and I enjoyed getting to know the youngest brother Levi in this story!

He's made mistakes in the past, ones that he deeply regrets. And ones he wishes to make up for! Taking guardianship of Callie and her siblings is one way he wants to atone for his past sins. Vowing to care for and provide for them, he does all he can to keep that promise. In the process, his heart tangles with that of Callie. He's afraid to get close to her because h
Jordann
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing like reading a Christmas story to get you in the holiday spirit and His Frontier Christmas Family does just that!

In this installment of the Frontier Bachelor series, protagonist Levi Wallin is now a grown man and the preacher of Wallin Landing. When he receives a letter asking him to take care of a friend’s family, he says yes without hesitation.

Callie Murphy has had to shoulder the world by herself in order to care for her twin brothers and her niece, and when Levi enters her
Wendy
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
After taking guardianship of his late friend's siblings and baby daughter, minister Levi Wallin hopes to atone for is troubled past on the gold fields. But it won't be easy to convince the children's wary elder sister to trust him. The more he learns about her, though, the more he believes Callie Murphy's prickly manner masks a vulnerable heart...one he's starting to wish he was worthy of.

Every man in Callie's life chose chasing gold over responsibilities. Levi---and the la
Becky
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, holiday
A sweet holiday story that deals with romance and redemption!

I really enjoyed the 7th story of the Wallin Frontier Bachelors! I haven't (yet!) read the first six, but had no problem following along with things here--plus, saw just enough of the other six couples (and Beth--surely their sister is getting her own story, yes? It's definitely hinted at here, and I can't wait!) to prompt me to add them to my TBR.

In the meantime, though, Callie and Levi's story in His Frontier Christmas Family is a f
Lucy
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is like a warm, fuzzy blanket on a cold winter night. It makes you feel warm and fuzzy insides and covers you with hope for better days. Callie is struggling with raising her rambunctious twin brothers and her niece When God sends hope in Levi, who is her appointed ward. Callie struggles with trust and watching her grow and have dreams again is so heartwarming. Levi is a reformed prodigal and is now a minister who needs to learn how to forgive himself and open his heart to the love God ...more
Amy
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
His Frontier Christmas Family is book seven from Regina Scott's Frontier Bachelors series. I have read several of the books in this series and I believe this one is my favorite. It is a sweet and heartwarming story. I do have to admit I was like Callie and not sure what I thought of Levi at first but that quickly changed when I kept reading. I enjoyed watching Levi and Callie grow throughout.
I give His Frontier Christmas Family 5 stars and recommend it for those who love a good historical with
Carol
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
His Frontier Christmas Family is a sad, but such a sweet story. Now how can that be? Well sad because you have Callie who has two brothers, twins, Frisco and Sutter and her niece Mica that she has been taking care of by herself while her other brother Adam, Mica's father is off gold-digging. Then something catastrophic happens - in walks Levi the preacher which is sweet because he offers to help out the family when the family is in need, very big need. This book can break your heart 1 minute and ...more
Emma
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
His Frontier Christmas Family by Regina Scott
A Family Made at Christmas
After taking guardianship of his late friend’s siblings and baby daughter, minister Levi Wallin hopes to atone for his troubled past on the gold fields. But it won’t be easy to convince the children’s wary elder sister to trust him. The more he learns about her, though, the more he believes Callie Murphy’s prickly manner masks a vulnerable heart…one he’s starting to wish he was worthy of.
Every man in Callie’s life chose chasi
Books and Spoons
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I am not sure what I loved most about this story; the developing, fragile relationship between Levi Wallin and the Murphy family, the new faith in God and trust in the people around her that was growing in Callie's heart, the romantic feelings that were developing between Callie and Levi, the Walling and Murphy families, the community that pulled together, or the redemption and forgiveness of the past transgression that was so evident in the story.
I started this story in the evening, thinking I
Lynda Edwards
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Returning to Wallin Landing is like visiting old friends and meeting new ones. This latest installment is no different, despite the somewhat bittersweet idea of a grown Levi. Thankfully, after some poor choices and tough consequences, the youngest Wallin brother is now a minister and on the right track.

Callie is the newest visitor to the town, and she has faced many difficult situations on her own. Raising her brothers and niece, the idea of depending on another is tempting but dangerous, given
Lu Ann
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Callie was destitute, struggling and had lost nearly everything because of the California Gold Rush insanity. She had learned to trust very few, ad only after they have proven themselves. now she is approached by a stranger claiming to have a message from her brother. He seems to have the right answers, but can she really trust him? She soon realized she had no choice but to pack up their few belongings and go with him.
Although a preacher now, Levi had made some really bad choices and one he wou
Jasmine
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Historical romance fans, Holiday Read fans
Neither of them quite know what they are in for....

As Christmas decorations start going up, carols begin making their appearance on the radio and in stores, and peppermint everything is on the menu. For readers it's time to settle back, inside where it's warm, of course, and dive into a little seasonal reading. Which, is exactly what I did over the wet Thanksgiving holiday.

His Frontier Christmas Family was such a sweet historical romance and a totally fun read! Regina Scott has crafted a deligh
Tima
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Every single man in Callie's life has abandoned her or broken a promise. Now she's left caring for her younger siblings and her little orphan niece. When a minister named Levi shows up claiming to be her brother's friend and niece's guardian, she's scared. But with no other options, she joins him at his home for Christmas. When strange things start happening, Levi must confront his past and help solve the mystery before Callie is taken from him.

This was a nice addition to the series. I've read
Judy
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
His Frontier Christmas Family by Regina Scott
Frontier Bachelors Series Book Seven
Levi Wallin has regrets. He left Wallin Landing with his friend, Scout, about seven years ago. They were going to strike it rich in the gold rush. Levi had thought he'd be respected more when he came home wealthy. Instead, he lost respect for himself. Helping the Murphy's should help in his redemption...he hopes.

Callie Murphy hates the gold fields and gold fever. She's lost so much because of it. Now, she's raising
Rebecca
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Orphaned and impoverished, Callie Murphy has dealt with her fair share of heartache. When she gets the news that her older brother Adam has died while away panning for gold, she finds herself alone with her young twin brothers and baby niece to care for. Pastor Levi Wallin, who delivers this devastating news, offers to take her and her family in and care for them, though she’s naturally suspicious. Can he be trusted? And can they find a new life in his hometown of Wallin Landing?

I really enjoye
Katherine
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story getting to know the youngest Wallin better. We've read about Levi in the other Wallin stories and now become familiar with some of his decisions and the consequences. Callie is a strong heroine who slowly learns how to open her heart, not just to Levi, but to those around her. Regina does a great job at a gradual transition that is naturally paced rather than a sudden turnaround.

While it was easy to predict who was causing trouble and the why, I was pleasantly surpris
Marilyn Johnson
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book seven in the Frontier Bachelors series. It is a stand alone book, yet you will miss some of the history in the Wallin family. It is not necessary to read them all to understand this one but the few I have read in this series are great books.

Callie Wallin has had enough with people panning for gold, when she must trust the handsome ex panner will it really be out of his blood?

Levi Wallin must learn to forgive himself to truly find happiness. When Callie and her family are thrust upo
Bonnie
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Frontier Christmas Family a Frontier Bachelors series by Regina Scott. Levi Wallin's friend Adam died and left a note for Levi to take care of his younger 20 year old sister and 8 year old twin brothers and Adam's baby girl. Levi takes Callie Murphy to a small town called Wallin. Callie feels she can take care of herself and family, but right now she needed help. The twins are a handful. The Murphy family fits in great in the town of Wallin and everyone who lives there. Romance happens betwe ...more
Britney
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
His Frontier Christmas Family is a delightful story! Regina Scott paints a vivid picture of frontier life, and it is a pleasure to spend time in Wallin Landing. With their playful banter and close camaraderie, the members of the Wallin family are among my favorite characters. I loved Callie and Levi and their holiday tale of adventure and romance! Frontier Bachelors is a wonderful series, and each story is sure to be enjoyed by fans of heartwarming historical romance.

I received a complimentary c
Janice Sisemore
Shelves: 2017-books
His Frontier Family

The book kept getting better and better the more I read of it. Love the children in the book, especially the twins. Callie is taking care of her family while her brother is off trying to strike if rich panning for gold. Levi comes to tell her Adam past away and he is going to be their guardian and takes them to his family. Loved his family, his sister trying to play matchmaker for Callie to different ones. Loved that there was a Christmas play in the book. I received an advanc
Gena DeBardelaben
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
eARC: Netgalley

This is the first book I've read in the Frontier Bachelors series, but it stood very well on its own without knowing the background stories of the other characters. I enjoyed this book tremendously. It's a nice clean Christian read with a great message. I look forward to reading the rest of the series!
Amanda
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet, clean romance. I enjoyed the character dynamics and the characters. I wish I had read some of Scott's earlier novels before this one for more context, but I'll just have to try to get more when I can.
Lisa
Regina Scott's books are usually pretty enjoyable, but I had a hard time getting through this one. It just came across as formulaic. It wasn't for me.
Karen Sheeley
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! A sweet, must read!
Veronica
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
« previous 1 3 next »
Regina Scott started writing novels in the third grade. Thankfully for literature as we know it, she didn't actually sell her first novel until she had learned a bit more about writing such as vocabulary, sentence structure, and plot. After numerous short stories and articles in magazines and trade journals, she got serious about her novel writing. The Unflappable Miss Fairchild was her first nove ...more

Frontier Bachelors (8 books)
  • The Bride Ship (Frontier Bachelors, #1)
  • Would-Be Wilderness Wife (Frontier Bachelors, #2)
  • Frontier Engagement (Frontier Bachelors, #3)
  • Instant Frontier Family (Frontier Bachelors, #4)
  • A Convenient Christmas Wedding (Frontier Bachelors, #5)
  • Mail-Order Marriage Promise (Frontier Bachelors #6)
  • Frontier Matchmaker Bride