Start by marking “I Still Remember” as Want to Read:
I Still Remember

I Still Remember

How do you forget someone you've loved once?

Ji-woo dreams of becoming a writer and is back in college giving it a second shot. But then Weon-gyu, her first love, comes back into her new life. Will she give up on her dreams or will she write them a happy ending?
Kindle Edition
Published May 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about I Still Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Still Remember

Start your review of I Still Remember
Areeba Noor
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It such has a beautiful cover and the title ‘I Still Remember’ goes absolutely well with the story. The story takes place in Korea, it seems the author is familiar with the Korean stuff as well because the way she describes is incredible. The protagonist’s names are Weon gyu and Kim ji woo. The story begins with Kim Ji Woo; she is a student of the English department. It is about the lives of today’s generation… where you tend to show how strong you are but sometimes there are things, which becom ...more
E. Graziani
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say...it's been a while since I've felt the sting of first love, but I Still Remember brought it all back. It takes place in Korea in college settings and it was very reminiscent of my years in university. It is a contemplative story, written almost poetically, which brings us into the emotion of the protagonist Ji-woo, as she recalls a lost love. Prithviraj will have you rooting for here...I sure was. Highly recommend it as a quick heartfelt read! ...more
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short story that takes place in Korea and talks about the joys of falling in love and experiencing heartbreak. A quick, heartwarming read.

Thanks to Priya/Writerly Yours for providing me a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

"You never forget someone you've loved once."

"I realised the world is a beautiful place and life so limitless with infinite possibilities."

"We shared our dreams and worries and though we couldn't find the solutions, we always found solace in sharing the stories."

S
Cheshta Choudhury (bookbeliever)
I Still Remember is a short story set in Korea. Talking about college, classes, friendship, and first love- the story is woven beautifully. We see Ji-Woo contemplating over her first love, Weon Gyu. It brought out the characteristic qualities associated with first love- good and bad. She wants to be a writer but is struggling with her feelings for her lost love. I'd say the author has succeeded in capturing the reader's attention. The college and cafe settings were done quite well.

I also liked h
Princess
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
"The scent of first rain; it always reminded me of that feverish first love. The thought made me envy my own younger self." ⁣

This is a short and sweet read with a lot of impact. Even though it's about young love and first heartaches, I enjoyed its peaceful and calming atmosphere. The story is like a fragile bubble, pretty and ephemeral. ⁣
Angele
" I filled the void with my own sunshine and embarked on a beautiful journey to find my own true self."

This short story about love and heartbreak was a very worthwhile 30 minutes read. I love how at the first line the author was already trying to capture the readers' attention and boggle their minds as to what had happened to Ji-wooya and Weon-gyu. No clear back story was told and all you had to rely on was brief moments of our main character remembering the things that happened between them
Sneha
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-books
This is such a short and sweet story. I fully enjoyed reading it. The writing style is lucid and warm. I liked the way the author used simple words which everyone could understand.
🍂I still remember is a short story of a Kim Ji Woo, a young woman who is passionate to become a writer and is back in the college giving it a second shot after her heartbreak. But then Weon-Gyu(her first love) happens to be her professor. Will she able to write again or will she able to move on?
🌺The story switches betw
Zenithia Liveranny
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I Still Remember is a really sweet and adorable short novel. First of all, the story is set in Korea, and I think the author gave us enough description for us to really feel the atmosphere. This book is so different from what I usually read, it has only around 24 pages and yet the story can delivers a deep meaning for us. I love how the author managed to make a strong female character with a sad and tragic background.
I feel like the title fits perfectly for the story, and the poetry! I'm not a h
Amudha
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Still Remember is a beautiful story that stays with you. I loved it for the fine writing and the meaningful message it conveys. I also enjoyed the slice of college life shown in the story. I would definitely recommend this and I'm really looking forward to a sequel. :) ...more
the.content. life
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I Still Remember "is a short story about love, heartbreak and moving on.
I loved how @priya_prithviraj has woven the story with alternating past and present perspectives.
Reading this one made me fall in love with novella's once again.

I can not stress enough on the amazing writing!
The author has done a brilliant job at making the story short and precise yet not leaving even the smaller details.

Go for it if you looking for a short sweet read this fall! ❤️
Emma Charles
Oct 26, 2020 rated it liked it
The author of this title reached out to me asking if I would take the time to review her short story "I Still Remember". Priya, if you are reading this, I am sorry it took me so long to get around to reading, reviewing, and sharing your work. This piece of literature is beautifully written and it is obvious that the author is a very talented writer. I enjoyed the setting and storyline she created immensely and could relate to the topic of "losing your first love". So why the three-star rating? W ...more
Redha Reads
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This was such a quick read! A breather for sure....especially from all the fantasy books.

The title really goes well with the story, you’ll know why upon reading it.

The story takes place in Korea. At first it wasn’t really mentioned, but from the characters name, I guessed it. However, later on several destinations were mentioned. So yeah...its set in Korea. Seems like the author Priya is really knowledgeable about this country because from the description she gave out, its amazing. However, th
BookzBookzBookz
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Because it's always difficult to understand other cultures and description when it comes to sensitive matters, I found myself a little daunted by I Still Remember, but the story in itself was beautiful.

​Prithviraj tells the story of Ji Woo and her recovery after losing the love of a lifetime, Weong-gyu. You aren't given he actual reason for the loss (other than what is given to you and I won't say because it would be a SPOILER!), but I can say, Ji Woo learns to live without him.

​The story is al
bombayreader
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's a beautiful short read about love ,hurtful feelings, coming out and that lovely song which replays in the back of your mind.

If you are looking out for a light-headed romantic read to forget or remember someone special on this monsoon day grab it, you won't be disappointed...set against a korean background it evokes freshness.
Flexi  Reads
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
“I Still Remember” by Priya Prithviraj is a short satisfying story about love and moving on, friendship and college life.

With scenes in coffee shops and campus halls, the slow and steady pace of narration sets the mood of the story.

Sometimes, we just have to let go of what once gave us happiness but no longer do.

A sequel would be nice but I’m looking forward to a prequel since what happened in the past is intriguing.

It leaves you with a warm and fuzzy feeling long after the last page has bee
Sophie
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A stunning short story. So well written and emotional, you truly enter this period of the protagonist's life and emote along with her. She's so personable and real, her experiences are so relatable that you will feel sympathy, empathy and pride as you would for a friend.
Very much recommend this read ♥️
Julienne
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars of coffees and warmth!

I've seen comments that described this story as a 'breather' and I honestly think that is the perfect word for it. It's a story that quickly depicted life, all of its ups and downs. It reminds you that there's always a rainbow after a storm and you can always stand up whenever you fall. It is very easy and warm to read. Although, I have to say that I quite got a little confused with the timeline of the story. I think it would be better if there's like a heading when
Sophie Champion
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ruth B
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2017
Rating: 3.5 stars

'I Still remember' not only has a beautiful cover it also has a wonderful content. In just a few pages the author describes feelings and emotions in a way that make you feel each one of them.

The book is really short and it feels like a sip of fresh air. If you are looking for something different, easy to read but with deep content, you should read this one.

I like the question in the blurb, "How do you forget someone you've loved once?" I think you can't, but in the book, the ch
Reema
Aug 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I Still Remember by Priya Prithviraj

“You never forget someone you have loved once.”
How do you forget someone you've loved once?
❣️
A short story based in Korea about Love, heart breaks and moving on. This amazing story comes with lesson that Love is a part of life not the end of l
fruitofsolitude
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
It's good, really! Especially that I really love reading books and watching films or series that are set in Korea. But I hope you can write more stories that are set in your country or locale so I can get to know more of your culture through literature! 😊 And will there ever be a back story of Weong-gyu and Ji Woo? I feel like this could have been a more detailed novel in which we can all relate to the characters somehow. That way we can be more attached to them. 💞 However, I already felt what t ...more
Crystal Addis
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a sweet story that really captures the feeling of "the one that got away" and then getting another chance to fight for that love again. Will Ji-Woo choose love or her dreams of writing? You must read to find out! This is a short read yet is a full and emotional story of love, rejection and choices! You can feel Ji-Woo's heart as you read each page!

Priya did a great job of bringing deep rooted emotions to life in this story. It was easy to fall in love with Ji-Woo! I found myself invested in
Theresa
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
I really enjoyed this book! For it being only about 5,000 words, I admit, I was a bit unsure if this story would be able to be fully developed. That being said, it was for me. I Still Remember is a very nice, quick, enjoyable read. I would recommend this book to contemporary fans!

Check out my full review here:
A Little Piece Of My Mind.
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
So… this book is a nice short read, something nice and easy to pick up.
I read this on holiday and I wanted something that I could get stuck into but something that wasn’t going to take all my time up if I got stuck into it and to be honest this book did just that I actually finished it in 2 night

My full review is on my blog:
Divya
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved your writing style, the way you justify the title of the book is commendable I totally agree with other writers that your story is short and sweet. I will love to read it's sequel...and next time don't compromise to add some more spoons of sugar in that.

I am a young and a healthy soul. I'm fine if I get diabetes after reading your book. I loved it.
Minaal _ Maan
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming read that is brimming with raw emotion. The author truly has a gift when it comes to writing about the epic highs and lows of first love and what it means to let go. The characters, Kim, Ira, Han-sung, Weon-gyo are all so easy to love and root for, and by the end the reader is left in awe at the mere simplicity and beauty of the writing.
Rameeza Nasim
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All
Recommended to Rameeza by: A friend
This is a gloomy romance story which ones sad but at the same time its a story about an unrequited love of a girl whose feelings were not returned but she when realized it,faces the reality bravely with a smile :) a must read for all beautifully penned by Priya !
Abbiesworldofbooks
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this escapist reads
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book. I loved this book. It’s a small book. Kpop lovers or kdrama lovers will love it. But it’s a small story about a girl. Please do read this. I loved this short journey. Such an amazing book. I hope the writer writes more.
Brittney
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was offered an ARC in exchange for an honest review on my YouTube channel! Check it out: Brittney books

• Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • The Color of Magic (Discworld, #1; Rincewind, #1)
  • To Kill a Kingdom
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • The Unsolved case of an Indian woman
  • María en el Multiverso
  • The Story of How We Met (Halley, #0.5)
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • The Room on the Roof
  • Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day
  • Crazy Stupid Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #3)
  • You Had Me at Hola
  • Everything I Never Told You
  • Star Daughter
  • Macario
  • Fangirl, Vol. 1: The Manga
  • Latidos de una bala
  • Almond
Priya Prithviraj is a poet, writer and the author of Purple Kisses (The Linnet's Wings Press, 2017). Her work has appeared in the New Plains Review, Tower Journal, Torrid Literature Journal and Eastlit among others. Currently based in India, she is a doctoral researcher of English language education.

"Priya Prithviraj has a gift for storytelling and conveys convincingly the angst of this 18-year-ol