Start by marking “Then Came You (Compass Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Then Came You (Compass Cove, #1)

Then Came You

(Compass Cove #1)

Mia DeAngelis knew it was time to make a change. Wanting to provide a better life for herself and her ten-year-old nephew, Ben, she took a chance and moved to the small town of Compass Cove, New York, on Long Island’s north shore. Now, the college librarian is adapting to a new job, a new town, and living with her feisty seventy-eight-year-old grandmother. Mia is determine ...more
Published September 26th 2017 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Then Came You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Then Came You

Jonetta
Both Mia DeAngelis and Adam Miller have recently returned to Compass Cove on Long Island. Her grandparents lived there and she spent most summers with them growing up. Now that she's the sole guardian for her 13-year old nephew Ben, Mia wants the quality of life she experienced in this small town and accepts a position as a librarian for the local college. Adam was an NFL star quarterback until a car accident ended his career and had him reexamine his shallow-minded lifestyle. He's the coach for ...more
Irene
4 stars

Then Came You by Jeannie Moon is a very enjoyable, sweet romantic read and a great start to the Compass Cove series.
Review to follow.
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Their first game was three days away, and the offensive line had more holes than a cheap hooker’s panties.

Mia, you’re a knockout. Women spend thousands of dollars to have boobs like those… If I were twenty years younger, I’d go buy myself a pair.

By the end of the evening, he’d decided they’d go as Hamlet and Ophelia, which disturbed her more than a little since Ophelia’s story didn’t end so well.

Ellen was still going. She was like the Energizer Bunny of bitches.

My Review:

The ever
Elaine
This is a heartwarming contemporary romance featuring Mia DeAngelis who has given up her personal aspirations to care for her nephew, Ben. Now he is ten years old, Mia has moved them back to Compass Cove, where her grandmother lives and where Mia spent many enjoyable summers. She is working as the college librarian and is determined to make the most of the opportunities the supportive, friendly coastal community provides as well as to adopt Ben.

Adam Miller has also returned to Compass Cove after
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Jeannie Moon’s new Compass Cove series is set in a small town on the north shore of Long Island with a rich history. Then Came You is a sweet and charming story filled with engaging characters, a picturesque backdrop, and most of all two people finding their true north despite the obstacles in their way.

All of her life Mia De Angelis has been trying to live up to other people’s expectations, but moving to Compass Cove to live with her grandmother has changed her outlook on life, given h
Linda Zagon
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it

MY REVIEW OF "THEN CAME YOU" by Jeannie Moon

I enjoyed "Then Came You" by Jeannie Moon, and found it very entertaining. The Genres for this book are Fiction, Women's Fiction and Contemporary Romance.

I appreciate that Jeannie Moon discusses important subjects such as suicide,  bullying, emotional abuse, dysfunctional family dynamics, and adoption. Jeannie Moon also discusses the importance of family, friends, love, support, acceptance, and self-acceptance, self-worth and hope.

The author describe
Shari
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming emotional read of finding love when you least expect it. A great start to a new series, that is set on Compass Cove in New York. Mia has returned to Compass Cove, where she had so many summer memories, as the new librarian at the local college. She is raising her nephew, Ben. Adam is a retired NFL quarterback from injuries, where he is now coaching football. Returning home was not in the card for Adam, along with falling in love with Mia.

The sense of small town community is felt
Bette Hansen
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another emotion filled book from Jeannie Moon!! The story, the writing, and the secondary characters are all exceptional but what makes this one unforgettable are the core characters of Mia, Ben, and Adam. You can just feel the chemistry and depth of feeling they have for each other. Mia and Adam are both people looking for a fresh start after life served them up some pretty hard times. They never give up even though their journey to their HEA is bumpy.

This is truly an amazing read and one I wi
Angie McGuire
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Loved those book. Adam and Mia were destined to be together. With so much family drama in Mia's past and present, it's no wonder she truly hasn't found her ever after. Adam was the one to pave the way for her.

This book had so many emotional parts, that it just made you love the two of them that much more. Great read.
Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18)
Becky Burciaga
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This gem of a story came out of nowhere and hit my heart with strong impact. The writing was perfectly executed to provide a wrenching emotional response. Adam and Mia's story was heartwarming and so real I felt as if I was there experiencing their joys, sorrows, laughter, and heart ache.

I was most impressed with
Adam's growth and the part that Mia and Ben played in its outcome. Mia's struggles broke my heart in how long she had to be strong for herself and Ben, without a safe harbor until Adam
Jennifer Snow
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Jeannie Moon's books and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. From the cover to the prologue to the HEA, it's a beautiful read! I started it last night and stayed up to finish it. I fell in love with Adam-an ex NFL player turned coach-so hot! Though I gotta say 'Text? Really Adam??'
And I respected and admired Mia for everything she was doing for her nephew Ben.
The mother in the story was horrible (in a good villain sort of way) lol and Nana was awesome! I loved the setting of th
Cathy Geha
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Then Came You by Jeannie Moon
Compass Cove #1

Great beginning to a small town romance series! Can’t wait for book two!

Mia has been the only true parent to her nephew, Ben, for years. She changed her career goals, gave up her envisioned future and eventually moved to Compass Cover believing that the smaller community would provide the right atmosphere for Ben to thrive in. She works on the college campus as a librarian, lives in her grandmother’s home, has and makes friends and truly comes into her
Teresa
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of the book from the publisher and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

Then Came you by Jeannie Moon is the first book of I hope will be a wonder series for the residents of Compass Cove. If the future books are as good as this one then Ms. Moon will have several readers waiting anxiously for each release of a new book.

Mia DeAngelis has always had to work hard for everything but had always felt inferior to her sister Sara. But she took her own life leavi
Ash P Reads
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A bittersweet love story about how Mia, a single woman who is guardian to her 10-year-old nephew Ben, overcomes the challenges of being a single parent while trying to build a life for herself and her ward. In all the time that she has cared for Ben, she neglects herself, her dreams, he needs. Moving to Compass Cove allows her to re-evaluate the direction in which her life is headed. Never having been appreciated for whatever she has done and being constantly berated by her mother, she lacks con ...more
Maria
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
I really loved the beginning of this story: all the romantic allusions, the setting (Compass Cove), the main and secondary characters. I loved how the author wrote the initial stages of the romantic relationship.
I thought the story slowed down later, with both main characters going through some major inner changes (and the hero somehow loses some of his charming qualities) and introducing ‘villain’ characters that were too cliché - b
Kari
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, kindle, for-review
I was looking forward to a sweet romance and I wasn't disappointed.

I thought this was a super cute story. Mia and Adam were so good together. Although Adam did majorly screw up at one point, I was rooting for them to work things out. I was also cheering Mia on as she stuck to her guns and made him prove he deserved her trust. More than their relationship, I was touched by the family dynamics in the story. Particularly between Mia and Ben. I could empathize with Mia on her struggle to want to s
Isha Coleman
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jeannie Moon is a treasure. Far beyond the new beginnings and second chances lies not just a romance but a family. Mia, Ben and Adam are the key players, but it's the secondary characters that steal the show. Mia's mother is a piece of work. Self -centered, cold, cruel and needy. Her grandmother on the other hand sealed the deal for me. Fiesty, funny and unforgettable are just a few adjectives to describe the firecracker of an old lady. How can you not fall in love with such realistic people and ...more
Mari
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018reads
Cute and sweet small town romance. My first impression of Mia wasn't great but I saw the growth in her and her gaining a backbone. She's devoted to her son Ben and everything she does is for him. Adam had an accident that changed him for the better and he's a great guy, solid and dependable He and Mia weren't perfect but they worked it out. The setting is great small coastal town. I enjoyed the writing very mellow but still engaging. First book by author will definitely look forward to the rest ...more
Donnajo
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book

Then Came You by Jeannie Moon, the first book in the Compass Cove series. This story grabbed me from the first page. I enjoyed reading about new characters in this series and the storyline. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next book in the series brings. Also I've enjoyed past books by this authors so I look forward to reading more of her books.
Dee/ bookworm
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
ok read, but lots of language. :(
Runner10
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jeannie Moon writes another winner! Each book I read by Moon leaves me eagerly awaiting her next book. Then Came You is a heartwarming story set in Compass Cove with lots of romance and family drama mixed in. I love the setting and the secondary characters. I hope to read more in this series!
E-Reader Addict
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4.5 Stars!

Sometimes when you read a book synopsis you think, “that sounds like a great story - I know exactly how it’s going to go!” Then you read the book, and it’s not really anything at all like you expected.

What I was expecting: a fun and lighthearted story that takes place in a small town filled with quirky characters, and lots of meddling neighbors, relatives and old ladies.

Is that what I got? Uh, not even close. It was BETTER than that. Way better!

What you actually get in Then Came You is
R.C. Matthews
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Let's start with what I loved ... the idea of Compass Cove is wonderful and the small town atmosphere the author builds is perfect. This is a place you want to come back to over and over again. The people Mia and Ben meet are supportive and endearing. The writing is smooth and engaging as well. I can see how Mia and Adam compliment each other well and I was happy for them in the end.

What didn't work for me was (1) the story was slow, which was partly because the author threw in scenes from the P
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mia has been the guardian to her nephew, Ben for years. When they move to the small town of Compass Cove, he starts to act out. Adam starts to take him under his wing. Of course, Mia and Adam start to develop an attraction for one another, but she resists as they seem so different from one another. Eventually, the realize that they can make it work and that they are perfect for one another. This was a good, romantic book that I would recommend.
Amanda
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok

It was decent enough for to me to keep reading. A bit on the sappy side and reminded me a lot of a Hallmark movie. It’s a decent book to pass the time. One thing I didn’t particularly like was her characterization of suicide as “selfish”. People that committed suicide are suffering from a mental disorder. It’s a bit more complicated than being selfish.
Lola Karns
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, well written contemporary romance. I can't wait for more in this series, in part because the Compass concept behind this town is so fun.
Cheri
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, arc, netgalley
**I received an ARC of this book courtesy of Net Galley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Wow! I am in love with this book. Jeannie Moon is a new-to-me author and I couldn’t be happier that I was able to get an ARC of this book so I was able to discover her writing. I requested this one on the description alone, not really knowing much of this author. Why has she been hiding from me?!

There are so many relationships that can be dissected in this story. Mia and Adam, of course, b
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I was hooked on following this series from the magical, a bit mystical introduction of the history of Compass Cove and one loving, deceased husband pointing the way for love to find his wife once again. It’s that kind of legend that makes small towns so special, and will grab my attention from the very start.

Mia and Adam have returned to Compass Cove for very different reasons, yet they both end up at the local college. Mia is the guardian for her young nephew, Ben,
Carolyn's
Beautiful.. romantic. Jeannie Moon's writing had me falling in love with the story at the prologue and captured my heart the entire read.

This was my first Jeannie Moon read and I just have to say what have I been doing that I haven't paid attention to this author before. Moon's writing is absolutely romantic. From Lucy and Caleb's love story, establishing of Compass Cove and the modern day finding your true north there wasn't a single moment of this book that I didn't love.

Mia is a strong and d
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Miracle on Chance Avenue (Love on Chance Avenue #2)
  • The Valentine Quest (Love at the Chocolate Shop #5)
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • Beauty and the Cowboy (Big Marietta Fair #1)
  • Flirting with Forever (Island Bliss, #1)
  • Love Me, Cowboy: The Copper Mountain Rodeo Anthology (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #1-4)
  • The Australian Bestseller Box Set
  • Two Nights With His Bride (Wild Montana Nights #2; Montana Born Brides #6)
  • The Reluctant Bride (The Scott Brothers of Montana #2; The Great Wedding Giveaway #5)
  • Montana Homecoming (Montana Born Anthology)
  • What a Bachelor Needs (Montana Born Bachelor Auction #4)
  • Finally His Bride (Montana Born Brides, #4)
  • Bet the House (Loveless & Dunn #1; Magnolia Bay #1)
  • Texas Rebel (Whiskey River, #4)
  • When the Stars Come Out (Cottonbloom, #5)
  • The Real Thing
  • Second Chance Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway #2)
Jeannie Moon is a school librarian who loves that she has a job which allows her to immerse herself in good books and call it work. A native Long Islander, Jeannie still lives there with her family and a couple of well-behaved dogs and an equally misbehaving cat.

Compass Cove (3 books)
  • You Send Me (Compass Cove, #2)
  • All of Me (Compass Cove, #3)
“He must be getting old. It was like there were a thousand little librarians smacking him upside the head with big fat reference books.” 0 likes