Start by marking “Feral Dust Bunnies (Offbeat Crimes, #4)” as Want to Read:
Feral Dust Bunnies (Offbeat Crimes, #4)

Feral Dust Bunnies

(Offbeat Crimes #4)

An orphaned kitten may be the only witness to romance and the impossible.

Officer Alex Wolf responds to a lot of ‘paranormal’ calls that aren’t. Exotic pet birds aren’t monsters and unusual dog breeds aren’t aliens. It’s a good thing he likes the animal control officers, but he both yearns for and dreads those calls where he runs into ACO Jason Shen. Jason’s scent is so del
Published June 20th 2017 by Pride Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Feral Dust Bunnies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feral Dust Bunnies

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I'm a super-fan of the awesome Offbeat Crimes series. I think all fans of quirky, fun paranormal novellas should try this series, starting with Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters. However, that being said, this isn't my favorite book of the bunch.

Don't get me wrong, this book was FUN, with an interesting plot and a great pace, but the romance... just "meh" for me.

Alex was GREAT, and I loved his relationship with his adoptive mother. I could have used an even longer book about Alex, he
Vivian
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, romance-pn
Love this series because it's fun and quirky and just a twist of ridiculous that makes reading it fun. Feral dust bunnies, I am right? Somehow the concept seemed fun, but it didn't work for me. I don't know if it's because I'm really off romance right now in my reading, I enjoyed the paranormal police plot, but the ending seemed to fall fast and without satisfying resolution.

Alex Wolf is adorkable. Truly, sweet and socially awkward as a wolf-human, not werewolf, he's spent a lot of time trying
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

I LOVE going back to Martinez's Offbeat Crimes universe ... with the officers of the 77th paranormal crimes unit. Feral Dust Bunnies is book #4 and it's time for Alex Wolf to be the center character.

Alex is a wolf cursed to become a human ... but he still retains some of his wolf nature (his nose is excellent smell sensor for example) and I ADORED him so very much. Alex sometimes still finds human customs and behaviors to be befuddling. When Alex realizes that he is attra
Daesy
Sometimes Alex Wolf seemed way younger than 28, and that disturbed me a bit...he sounded almost like a teenager and I wasn't really sure he and Jason were good together as couple. In the end I still liked them, but the book was a bit boring. I wanted to know more about the curse that made Alex human, and about what happened to his pack. The Kitten was cute, but the fact that all called her Wolf's baby wolf/daughter, made me cringe, bcs it seemed they really thought that. I love animals and I con ...more
Elena
The mystery of this fourth book was a little disappointing. It started off pretty well and the breakthrough in the case would have been interesting, if the surprise effect hadn’t already been spoiled by the title. In the end it was obvious that this case wasn’t much more than a step toward future developments.

Regarding the characters and the relationship part, I liked Alex and enjoyed his unique and often adorable perspective on the world, but sometimes his way of thinking sounded too much like
Serena Yates
This fourth book set in Angel Martinez’s world of Philadelphia’s 77th Precinct with its paranormally defective members focuses on one of the more enigmatic team members, Alex Wolf. I also got to find out a lot more about Wolf’s detective partner, silent lizard-man Krisk, who communicates by text and the odd grunt here or there. This time the intrepid officers face mummified animals, a lonely kitten, and some truly dangerous discoveries. It’s all hands on deck as they have to figure out what’s st ...more
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.3 Stars

I think Wolf might be my new favorite character for this series; his attempts at "humaning" were both hilarious and heart-breaking. But man, his mom ROCKS!
Relly
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-2017-read
My Favourite so far

4 Stars
This one is my favourite so far in this series
I loved Wolf and Jason together, but Wolf was my favourite.
I enjoyed seeing his partnership with Krisk and how they communicate, also how he tried to work out how the world works and how to fit in. I loved his relationship with his mother, and how she took care of him, but also tried to teach him to live on his own. Audacity was beautiful
Kathleen
This is my least favorite of the series, primarily because it felt unfinished. I quite liked the main couple, but I didn’t feel the mystery had been solved at all. I was left hanging, while the last 10% of the look was a “preview” of the *previous* book in the series. Go figure.
Lada
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Adorable MC with his adorable kitten, plus an interesting mystery that involved the whole squad, and a pretty nice romance. I definitely liked this one better than the previous one. Oh, I also want Krisk as the MC for next book.

Read Ami's review for more coherent thoughts ;)
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very enjoyable story. I will note that I read this book because I needed to read Jackalopes & Woofen-Poofs for a challenge and this book is where Alex and Jason's relationship begins so I thought I'd read it first. Although I was able to get through this story alright, I wouldn't call this a total standalone. There are a lot of things about the characters and the "world" in general that aren't explained. In other mid-series books by other authors, there might be a few sente
Sammy Goode
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
: I am fairly sure I have uttered these same words the last time I read a book in this series, but it bears repeating, I absolutely love the Offbeat Crimes series by author Angel Martinez. These stories are cleverly written with a quirky cast of characters who never fail to entertain. The latest, Feral Dust Bunnies, brings together the same motley and undaunted crew of the paranormal precinct, this time focusing on Alex Wolf and his partner, Krisk.
We finally get to find out about Alex’s past an
Amy Aelleah
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The funniest book so far. I mean, the others were funny in that weird, quirky way, but this one - mostly thanks to Wolf - was the most laugh funny. I was a little unsure of Wolf being the lead. I mean, he's a wolf that was turned human, so how's that going to work? But it worked really well, because he's not too human but nor is he too wolf. There's a lot of communication between Wolf and Jason, so that was good. However, I can already tell that Jason has problems and, truly, he's my least favor ...more
Nila
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: MM readers who like a bit of whimsical paranormal mystery
Recommended to Nila by: Saw title then read Heather's review
The characters and setting in this story confused me, as I am intensely literal-minded these days. No whimsy or imagination for me. That being so, this book was like some yummy food in a foreign land. I think I like it, but I'll wait for another meal or two before I make it a favorite.

Andrea
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun!
Judi Easley
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cozy readers who like a little magic and a lot of fun with their mystery.
Recommended to Judi by: previous book
My Disclaimer:

I purchased a copy of this book at the current price. I am voluntarily providing an honest review in which all opinions are fully my own. I am not being compensated in any way.

~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

What it’s about…

This is an introduction to the 77th Precinct. All the other police areas are called Districts, but the 77th is a precinct. That’s not the only difference. The 77th is made up of officers and detectives who all have misfunctioning magical powers. And they’re
Yvonne
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite in this series so far. Wolf is an engaging lead and although humaning may be hard tiny kittens can fix most anything.
Kristin
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Forth in the Offbeat Crimes Series – I do recommend reading the previous books in the series first. They provide the background for the characters and setting.

Angel Martinez’s plots are short, sweet and pack a lot between the pages. I love that I can gobble down her stories in a day or two and go back and enjoy the re-read just as much as the first time through. Off Beat Crimes series is that enjoyable.

Premise of the book is Alex Wolf is a wolf turned human – not a werewolf. At 28 years old, e
Lisa The Novel Approach
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
I am fairly sure I have uttered these same words the last time I read a book in this series, but it bears repeating: I absolutely love the Offbeat Crimes series by author Angel Martinez. These stories are cleverly written with a quirky cast of characters who never fail to entertain. The latest, Feral Dust Bunnies, brings together the same motley and undaunted crew of the paranormal precinct; this time focusing on Alex Wolf and his partner, Krisk.

We finally get to find out about Alex’s past and h
Barbara Cerda
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Impression

A Wolf in uniform

Nestled cozy in a community of super humans, weres, and spirit filled inanimate objects sits a wonderful warm story of romance. Although the book’s premise is simple, it holds a few surprises.

This story is reminiscent of a Hollywood 5o’s romantic comedy, full of humorous characters with odd predilections. They made me laugh. Most importantly, the story is home to the hero and yearning heart. He is the nerdy next-door guy born a wolf.

I fell in love with Alex Wolf’s st
Diane
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wolf is a sweetheart, + another totally original entity/weapon to puzzle out. 3.67 GR; 4.33 Amazon

Something amorphous, completely unknown, and hard to either escape or destroy is out there, able to completely drain all moisture from a living being — very creepy and intriguing! OTOH, is there anything more Aaaawwwww-worthy than a big, strong guy (or a big, strong dog, for that matter!) gently and patiently cuddling a bold and trusting tiny life? Meet former wolf (literally) Alex Wolf and little A
Evan
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

I think my favorite character in this series has to be Wolf. He's so innocent in certain ways, and his way of thinking is hilarious. His partnership with Krisk was interesting, since Krisk doesn't seem to speak and communicates through text and gestures. They work together really well, as both are somewhat unfamiliar with human society.

The romance felt a bit lacking though. I think it's mainly because Jason wasn't very fleshed out as a character. There's a moment when he treats Wolf very
Ulysses Dietz
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Feral Dust Bunnies (Offbeat Crimes #4)
And
Jackalopes and Woofen-Poofs (Offbeat Crimes #5)
By Angel Martinez
By Pride Publishing, 2017
Four stars

I’ve doubled up on these two books for one review, partly because the main characters—Alex Wolf and Jason Shen—are in both, but partly because I started book five before I realized I’d skipped book four. So of course I had to read them together to get it all right.

This “Offbeat Crimes” series is great fun. It makes wonderful use of Philadelphia as a setting
J E
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will never skip the vacuuming again!

Every time I read an Off Beat Crimes story, I start out thinking that it can't be as good as the one before. The precinct of cops with malfunctioning paranormal abilities is a gift that keeps on giving though (in a good way, I hasten to add.)
This installment (and who could resist a book called Feral Dust Bunnies?) takes up the story of Officer Alex Wolf (who is not a werewolf, but I'll let you read the story to discover exactly what he IS.) He and his Mom we
Tori Thompson
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 heart review for Love Bytes Reviews!

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review. This review was originally posted at Love Bytes Reviews, please visit www.lovebytesreviews.com to see this and many more reviews, interviews, and giveaways!

This book continues to follow the story of the officers of the quirky paranormal law enforcement department in a slightly different Philadelphia that we are familiar with! This story is about Wolf, who we have seen and heard, but not rea
Pete W
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have been wanting to read this book since I saw it would be about Wolf. It is another interesting read with grander subplot, continued from... most likely the first book.

Here we get the explanation of Wolf's origin. Which is unique for me. I liked how Wolf was written. He was... just like the theme of this series, somewhat broken, understandably so. However, he still feel relatable to me. His interaction with various people in the book is the core of this book.

However, I agreed with Heather K
Melanie
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words review

Rating: 4.75 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit http://wp.me/p220KL-aX7 on July 3

From that review: " I should know by now that the cuter the title the scarier the story with this series and Angel Martinez.  I mean we started at Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters which laid down the universe and characters (book 1) and with each story after, the author has been ramping it up!  The monsters have been scarier, the romances more heartwarming, the couples a
Barbara
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a weird, but intriguing book that was good enough that I bought another in the series. I was able to easily follow the trend in the book despite it being the fourth in the series. There is evently an evil persona out to get the men at the 77the precinct and evil paranormal monsters keep appearing to hassle them and endanger the public and themselves. Wolf is a man who was originally a real wolf and has had a difficult time adjusting to the human world. Jason is a animal control officer ...more
Lori S.
3.25 stars Good as far as it goes, but the plot for this story is rather thin and not as well developed as it could have been, especially when the author is adding to an overarching theme (or so it seemed). And a warning too, which proves my point about the plot: this story ends at 88% and the rest is taken up by a preview of Carrington's story: Skim Blood and Savage Verse (which I highly recommend).

I do like Wolf and it would have been nice to see him interact with Jason outside of work and the
llv
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Rating: 4.5 stars

I thought the last book in the series was my favorite, but this one just took its place. This series is just getting better and better for me. I absolutely loved Wolf. Jason was a little harder for me to connect with, but in the end I thought that he made a good partner for Wolf. Also how can you resist a little kitten? I love books with small animals and this one was the one of the cutest.

If I have one small criticism of this story, it would be that we still don't know who ulti
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dim Sum Asylum
  • Divergence (Aberrant Magic, #3)
  • Drinker of Blood (SPECTR Series 2, #3)
  • Skin After Skin (PsyCop, #8)
  • Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)
  • Undertow (Infected #7)
  • Dead Man and the Army of Frogs (Dead Man #2)
  • Abercrombie Zombie
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Ante Up
  • Dead Weight (Cold Case Psychic #4)
  • The Psychic's Tale (Fitzwarren Inheritance #1)
Angel Martinez currently lives part time in the hectic sprawl of northern Delaware and full time inside her head. She has one husband, one son, two cats, a love of all things beautiful and a terrible addiction to the consumption of both knowledge and chocolate.

Angel's alter ego writes the all-ages science fiction - Sandra Stixrude.

Offbeat Crimes (6 books)
  • Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters (Offbeat Crimes, #1)
  • The Pill Bugs of Time (Offbeat Crimes, #2)
  • Skim Blood and Savage Verse (Offbeat Crimes, #3)
  • Jackalopes & Woofen-Poofs (Offbeat Crimes, #5)
  • All The World's An Undead Stage (Offbeat Crimes, #6)
“He thought [he] was past all this awkwardness and anxiety over communicating with human he potentially licked...er, liked. Then Jason's scent hit him like a basketball to the face and he couldn't try to pretend he was anywhere near in control” 0 likes