Start by marking “What the Scot Hears” as Want to Read:
What the Scot Hears

What the Scot Hears

(Agents of Change #3)

England 1814: Reticent Scottish Lord pursues Mouthy, Independent, American Woman… She is an outspoken American orphan with a questionable past and a dubious purpose. He is a man of few words on the lookout for a traitor. How could they NOT get along?

Mrs. Amelia Chase is a highly-opinionated, 23-year-old woman from America on the run from her past with a penchant for self-p
Published April 25th 2017 by Amy Quinton

To ask other readers questions about What the Scot Hears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Scot Hears

Start your review of What the Scot Hears
Tracy Emro
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
*I am voluntarily leaving a review for an ARC provided to me by the author*

I really enjoyed this book, it had the perfect blend of humor, intrigue, secrets, sexual tension and action.

Amelia was a really great character, she has not had an easy life and has done what she had to do to survive. She leaves America and goes to England to find the Marquess of Dansbury, because she wants to inform him that she is his long lost sister and well, she really doesn't have any other choice, she had
Jessica Cale
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romances
Since reading (and loving!) What the Duke Wants and What the Marquess Sees, I have been eagerly anticipating What the Scot Hears and it did not disappoint! In WTSH, Amy Quinton picks up the thread of the covert resistance to the Society for the Purification of England and weaves it into a tapestry larger and much more complicated than it first appeared.

Stonebridge, Dansbury, Grace, and Beatryce are all back (just because you're married doesn't mean you can't save the country, FYI), Kelly may or
Ermione Pickwick
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Oooooh I'm so in love.
This series is a certainty. I've been waiting A LOT for a new novel...to the point I had started despairing. And here we are, What the Scor Hears is great, I loved it. And I want to read the next one, now. And I also would love to read Alain's story (which let's be honest, we all want). And please don't make me wait too long Amy. Please.

So good.

ps. Thanks for using the term "knackered".
Elaine
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my, I loved this story, but then it is Amy Quinton! Great storyline and characters. I love a rugged, moody Scotsman. The sexy scenes were hot and steamy. Perfect story. Next up #4.
Yvette
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This third installment of The Agents of Change is the best one yet! I'm loving how the storyline stays intertwined with all the characters..... ready for Rake to be out NOW!
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Author Amy Quinton's prose is wonderfully descriptive, seemingly understanding every nuance of every scene, while the cat and mouse game between Alaistair and Amelia is a delightful chase that grabs the reader's attention.

Read full review in the 2017 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Literary  Chanteuse
Jul 13, 2017 marked it as rom-historical
For a star rating and full review please visit InD'tale magazine online, July/Aug 2017 issue. http://indtale.com/reviews/historical... ...more
Caroline
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Laird Alistair McLeod is a morose Scot with reasons to be laconic, withdrawn, and distrustful. His reasons will break your heart. Amelia Chase is an outgoing, socially adept grifter who never met a person she couldn't charm. He knows she isn't what she seems and doesn't believe much she says. She knows he isn't as heartless as he likes to appear.

Sparks fly from the moment they meet and they don't stop. These two challenge, out maneuver, and chase with one another from one end of England to the o
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
This is the third of a series and I would not advise reading it out of order. While I liked the story I still felt that I was missing info in regards to the previous books and their characters. I found the banter and sexual tension that zinged between Alaistair and Amelia highly entertaining. It is a perfect case of opposites attract but when they finally got together it was a bit anticlimactic. If you are a stickler for period detail and the ballrooms of the times you will not find it here sinc ...more
Llaph
I liked it, there were some questions that weren't answered for me (like wtf did her luggage go? What happened to her horse? and What about his brother?) but they didn't really detract from the story itself.
I will post more of a review when I have one.
*****
Jun 05, 2017
Judy
Nov 11, 2018
Amy Quinton
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
Jude Knight
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amy Quinton has produced another fun romp in her Agents of Change series. MacLeod, the Scot of the title is superb: gloomy, pessimistic, suspicious, and totally befuddled by the brash American woman who keeps stumbling across his work as a spy for the British Crown.
For all her cheerful outgoing personality, Amelia hides secrets of her own, not least her identity and her background.
Read this book to discover how this mismatched pair discover they are perfect for one another, while negotiating peo
Gina
Kim
Sep 27, 2017
Melissa
Nov 27, 2017

• Marry in Secret (Marriage of Convenience, #3)
  • An Unfortunate End
  • An Honorable Thief
  • The Admiral's Penniless Bride
  • The Lady Who Loved Him (The Brethren, #2)
  • The Lady Travelers Guide to Happily Ever After (The Lady Travelers Society, #4)
  • Silent on the Moor (Lady Julia Grey, #3)
  • The Rogue Who Rescued Her (The Brethren #3)
  • From Wallflower to Countess
  • Murder, She Reported (Murder, She Reported #1)
  • Lord Carew's Bride
  • A Purely Private Matter (Rosalind Thorne Mysteries, #2)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
  • Fallen
  • To Wed a Scandalous Spy (Royal Four, #1)
  • The Cater Street Hangman (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #1)
  • Murder at Kensington Palace (Wrexford & Sloane, #3)
  • Murder at Archly Manor (High Society Lady Detective #1)
Amy Quinton writes humorous historicals with heat, often from her back porch in Summerville, South Carolina but sometimes with her BFF at the kitchen table. And only when her dog and three cats allow. (She’s guilty of spoiling them horribly.)

She’s susceptible to shiny things, soft things, leather, trips to the thrift store, Whisky, tattoos, witchy things, Bunco with her Bitches, and men in kilts (

Agents of Change (4 books)
  • What the Duke Wants (Agents of Change, #1)
  • What the Marquess Sees (Agents of Change, #2)
  • What the Rake Remembers (Agents of Change, #4)

News & Interviews