Start by marking “Secret Empire #0” as Want to Read:
Secret Empire #0

Secret Empire #0

(Secret Empire 0)

The Marvel Universe is under siege from within! Captain America, secretly a true believer in the cause of Hydra, has turned his back on the Super Hero community. Using the trust and respect he has gained over the years he has ascended to a position where he can enacts Hydra's ideals. The death of Jack Flag, the trial of Maria Hill, the second Civil War, the alien Chitauri ...more
Published April 19th 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Secret Empire #0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Empire #0

Jedi JC Daquis
May 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Secret Empire #0 does not feel like reading issue 0. It IS in fact an issue one, a necessary read in a mini-series. So this numbering scheme is more on style over meaning.

Nothing is substantially wrong with Secret Empire from the story and art point of view. It is an enjoyable, easy read (note that I only read huge Marvel crossovers, as opposed to having a constant pull list with DC comics issues) even for someone like me who knows one thing: Captain America is Hydra.

That is the fundamental flow
Dave Brown
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay so here's the deal, as a single comic book issue, this was a good read. The story was well written with good action, drama, and suspense. So in a vacuum, this was great. Unfortunately you can't look at this issue in a vacuum because it has enormous repercussions for the entire Marvel Universe. This book literally changes everything and therein lies the problem. I have ZERO confidence in Marvel to execute the rest of this series. Far too often they have had big events that promise huge chang ...more
Vinton Bayne
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a tough sell. Sensitive material and I wasn't sure I even wanted to read this. That being said, I'm glad I did. I do like the idea of taking the most iconic hero/leader and turning them into the biggest threat. I don't know that it has been handled well up to this point, but I haven't read the majority of what led to this. I can say I enjoyed this issue and am interested in seeing this play out.
Dimitris
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
HAIL HYDRA!
Solace Winter
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Irritation note: Why zero? It all starts with zero, like, hey, you don't have to read this, but you do totally have to read this or you'll be confused for the next part, SO WHY NOT JUST START WITH NUMBER ONE?! I hate Marvel's insistence that it starts with zero for all of these.

Other than that, it's solid, and good to know that the Hydra agent does actually feel love. I like Sharon, even if she's gotten grumpy over the years.
Leonel García
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
El más grande de los héroes del universo Marvel a traicionado a todos los héroes en un plan que se viene orquestando desde hace décadas. Secret Empire presenta el peor escenario posible, una puñalada, una traición, pero sobretodo la caída de un mito. Spencer nos presenta, en ese sentido, giro narrativo bastante arriesgado pero que promete sacudir lo que hemos conocido hasta ahora. Hasta ahora promete.
Pablo
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
De 2 años a esta parte no me motiva nada Marvel y esos dineritos van para DC; con Secret Empire sin embargo he decidido darme otra oportunidad y subirme al barco. Pfffffffff. No me mola nada el rollito Shield copiado hasta el hartazgo de las pelis de los Vengadores, ya vale. ¿ El Capitán America al cargo de los Estados Unidos mientras políticos, asesores, militares, etc...desaparecen por completo? Para eso que les quiten el sueldo. Y todo por 3 conflictos simultáneos de los cuales a los USA afec ...more
Pascual
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-marvel
Bueno, en cuanto al dibujo de Daniel Acuña tengo que decir que es normalito. Un dibujo protocolario pero sin nada que destacar. En cuanto al prologo de Rod Reis solo me han gustado los primeros planos.

Pero la guinda del pastel --aunque no tan dulce-- viene con el guión de Nick Spencer. Guión flojo y muy acelerado, los sucesos tienen lugar de manera mu abrupta. Los problemas más gigantes e irresolubles se solucionan dos viñetas más adelante. Qué queréis que os diga, 8 números se me pueden hacer m
Eric
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018_book_read
This was recommended by the Incomparable Podcast and while the villains in Hydra are circa 1950's and laughable it was an interesting idea and I'm a sucker for alternative history. It's a strong start but the Kosmic Kube (sp?) idea is an ultimate McGuffin. The tie-ins are staggering and I'm not going to chase them all down. I loved the Dr. Strange tie-in and it made me pick up that new series. Not as sure about Secret Warriors and other tie-ins.
Bugrahan Kazancı
7/10 okurken sıkılmaya ramak kala sayının kapağını kapattım. Yine de seri ile alakalı beklentimi düşük tuttuğumdan hayal kırıklığı yaşamadım, uzun zamandır Marvel'dan şöyle sağlam bir event görmediğimizi düşünürsek ufak bir "belki" ile uzun zamandır beklediğimizi bize verir diye düşünmekte daha doğrusu umut etmekteyim.
Mat Francis
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-read
This really should've been the first issue in the series and not a prequel type lead up. It gives you the all the major lead ups to the series and if not having read this and go on to issue 1, I feel without everything that has happened in this issue you would be slightly lost
Dante
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved it
Sierra Harper
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story line. It was a little weird having Captain America as a undercover hydra agent, but it makes for a interesting story.
Scott
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
3.5 stars. Not a bad start. Just not sure I want to invest in yet another full blown company wide crossover series that will be reversed in a few months time.
Casey Anderson
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
First half, totally boring, but then it got interesting. Maybe I'll read the whole line when its' done.
Michael Irenski
Shots Fired
Don
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting start to the series. Let’s see what happens
Ria
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superheroes
DO NOT LIKE EVIL CAP. But the art is cool, and the stakes were high, so maybe I'll stick with it when the next issue is on MU.
Cody
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Started out like: “nope.” Turned itself around. Ended like: “hey alright.”
Derek Neveu
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s convoluted, but it’s a start. Let’s see how this plays out, I just hope it’s not much ado about nothing like a Civil War II!
Prremis Comics
Tobi Thomas
rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Nick Spencer is a comic book writer known for his creator-owned titles at Image Comics (Existence 2.0/3.0, Forgetless, Shuddertown, Morning Glories), his work at DC Comics (Action Comics, T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents), and for his current work at Marvel Comics (Iron Man 2.0, Ultimate Comics: X-Men).

Secret Empire (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Secret Empire #1