Start by marking “The Lash (Zombie Ocean #7)” as Want to Read:
The Lash (Zombie Ocean #7)

The Lash

(Last Mayor #7)

7 billion zombies. 1 war.

Twelve years after the zombie apocalypse butchered the world, Amo's dream lies in ruins, obliterated by the great white eye. New LA is forever gone, and with it any hope of peace.

All that remains is the lash.

Every drop of blood drawn shall be repaid tenfold. Every atrocity meted out shall be answered in kind. The vengeance will be epic, and brutal,
Published April 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Lash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lash

Start your review of The Lash (Zombie Ocean #7)
Michael
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A dark and crazy installment... Where will Grist go from here?

Amo is mad. Angry? Yes, that too, but he's completely flipped his lid. He's drunk on vengeance and is either possessed by Drake or schizophrenic. I enjoyed this installment although this story arc has decimated any sense of hope that previously existed. Much beloved characters are either completely defeated by circumstances or winning hollow victories at the expense of their souls. It's violent, sometimes disturbingly violent, and I w
Angelic Reid-Lane
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Much more violence than prior parts of the story. Getting to know the new Amo, and having a hard time swallowing his actions. Anna, poor Anna, that girl must have slapped a kitten in a former life, because this life has been full of multiple forms of pain and heartache. Crow and Lara should of formulated a better plan!
Susan Ploskon-strauss
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
The Lash

New L.A. is no more. Destroyed by a nuclear blast. Everyone has left with nothing more than the clothes on their backs.

Witzgenstein has taken her people and declared war on Lara and the survivors of New L.A. and the ragged group of Drake's family who are racing across the U.S. in search of a single cache of supplies. All is lost. Starving, losing hope, Lara is now the leader and she has hard decisions to make. In the end, after much soul-searching, having all these people .... and childr
Jaime Andrews
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Lash by Michael John Grist.
Zombie Ocean (Last Mayor) book 7
🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️
Oh my goodness, I can't!!! 😭😭😭
I can't believe the way this book differs from the others in the series.
I can't stop rooting for Amo.
I can't understand the bunkers.
I can't stand that piece of crap Witzgenstein! (pardon the spelling of i got that wrong.)
I cant stop reading...and don't intend to.
⭐⭐⭐⭐
This book took a dark and painful turn. I still have faith in Amo. I still have hope for Lara. I still absolutely a
Rachel Adams
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I have loved reading these series of books, the author puts in twists and turns and just keeps you wanting to turn the pages to find out what happens next. I've read lots of zombie series and this one is one of the better ones. Now .... Where is the next one?!
Charla
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just how far will Amo go?

Filled with self-loathing, death, destruction, anger, and hope our merry and not so merry survivors continue to fight for lives. Amo ... he takes the cake where characters are concerned. I'm pulling for him to finally see!!
Syvannah Tewes
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need #8

The lash was intense. Everyone has come so far from where they started and I need to know what comes next.
Mark Heath
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series
Timothy J. Laesch
Clifton Fomby
Jun 17, 2017
Jacinda
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having followed this series from the beginning, I was eagerly awaiting The Lash. I devoured this latest book in the series, and I was left reeling. You think you know the characters, what they are capable of? You think you have an idea of where this story is going? You have no idea… I can’t imagine how they’re going to come back from the darkness they’re in, but I can’t wait to find out.
Peter Allen
Aug 22, 2020
melanie kenney
Jan 17, 2018
Melissa
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book really delves into the psychology of madness and desperation. How far will someone go to save themselves? Their family? Their world as they know it? This is how far Amo will go. Book 7 of the Zombie Ocean leads us further down the rabbit hole. More details of the plague are revealed but there are still plenty of questions left. Awaiting the final installment of this series with great anticipation.
Patricia Rybicki
Taran Singh
Jan 16, 2019
Steven Kenny
Apr 19, 2017 is currently reading it
im half way through and so far enjoying this book more than the last characters are developing nicely and also find out a bit more about the t4 virus
Kylee james
Oct 06, 2018
michael bires
May 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Something Wicked (The Chronicles of Breed #3)
  • Relentless: A Memoir
  • Saint Justice (Christopher Wren #1)
  • The Undead Twenty Three: The Fort
  • JK Rowling Is A Wizard
  • The Ugly Doodles
  • Revelations (Extinction Point #3)
  • Extinction Point: Kings
  • Genesis (Extinction Point Book 4)
  • Exodus (Extinction Point, #2)
  • Quantum Cheeseburger (Star Ascension Book 1)
  • Eclipsing Vengeance (Star Ascension Book 4)
  • Escape Meridian (Star Ascension Book 2)
  • Forbidden World (Star Ascension Book 3)
  • The Archons Rise (Humanity's Gauntlet Book 1)
  • Fear the Reaper (Last Reaper #2)
  • Blade of the Reaper (Last Reaper #3)
  • Black Hollow
Michael John Grist is a British/American author and ruins photographer who lives in London, UK. He writes dark and weird science fiction and fantasy books, such as the fantasy novel Ignifer’s Rise and the SF series The Ruins Sonata.

For 11 years he lived in Tokyo exploring Japan’s modern ruins, such as abandoned theme parks, military bases, and ghost towns, gaining millions of hits on this website

Last Mayor (9 books)
  • The Last (Zombie Ocean, #1)
  • The Lost (Zombie Ocean, #2)
  • The Least (Zombie Ocean, #3)
  • The Loss (Zombie Ocean, #4)
  • The List (Zombie Ocean, #5)
  • The Laws (Zombie Ocean, #6)
  • The Lies (Zombie Ocean #8)
  • The Light (Last Mayor #9)