Start by marking “Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #6)” as Want to Read:
Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #6)

Nightfall

(Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)

Sophie and her friends face battles unlike anything they’ve seen before in this thrilling sixth book of the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling Keeper of the Lost Cities series.

Sophie Foster is struggling. Grieving. Scrambling. But she knows one thing: she will not be defeated.

The Neverseen have had their victories—but the battle is far from over. It’s time to change
Published November 7th 2017 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Nightfall, please sign up.
Janette Gowdy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #6)
Regan
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
UGH love
Shannon Messenger
Sep 08, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Finally marking as "read" because it's DONE and heading to the printers to be ready for you guys on 11/7/17!
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Love this! Why is this not on par in popularity with the Harry Potter books? The quality, the imagination, the worldbuilding, the imagery, the dark-and-light parts of the story, multifaceted protagonists and lots more... This is the memorable winner in all categories!
Can somebody please put me out of my misery? I won't be able to wait for the 7th book... Ughhhhhh!!!
Q:
The path of ancient silver and gold stones shouldn’t exist—and yet it had been there all along.
Hidden in plain sight.
Buried under
*Ramya*
I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOPHITZ FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________________________________
3/8/2017

I have seen the absolute gorgeousness of the cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no doubt in my mind that Nightfall will be the best book in the series so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keira
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so ready for this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOSTER-KEEFE FOREVER

I almost had a heart attack when you released the new title... I was actually worried I was going to die

As I said, FOSTER-KEEFE FOREVER
Xylia
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
They weren't friends. And they weren't actually sisters.
They were just two different girls from two different worlds.

There are a lot of things I can say about Nightfall, but one thing I'm 100% sure of is that it was way better than Lodestar.

Nightfall picks up right after the last scene of the previous book, where Sophie meets her adoptive younger sister, Amy, and talks to her for the first time since Keeper of the Lost Cities, when Sophie leaves her adoptive family and sets off for a completely
 Lorien Rhys ~ Live for tomorrow
*sigh* Counting the days until I can read this.
Countdown: Approximately, 3 months and 30 more days to go!

*finally finishes the very last page after seven months later*

Okay, um, that was... interesting.

Did anyone else feel like this was being rushed? Like Mrs. Messenger was trying to write Nightfall as quickly as possible so that her dear readers would have some new installment by November? The reason why I ask this is because throughout the book, it felt like everything was going by too fast
Mariam
Can we stop pretending this is a dinner party and get back to why you have a drawing of the Nightfall symbol?

Please do.

WARNING: RANT AHEAD

So many characters and alter-egos and talking and the love triangle/square that ultimately makes me hate Keefe (I'm sorry! I don't want to!) and all of this chaos. There's only so much you can put in a series, Shannon Messenger. I'm sorry, but this is too much.

A List of My Issues:

1. Too Many Characters

I miss the old crew. They were well-defined characters
Amber
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please let Sophie be in love with Keefe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kristen Kooistra
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost didn't write this review. I've thought about it a lot over the past couple of weeks... Basically the lack of caps and adding in a bunch of extra voooooooowels makes me wonder if it's worth my time. You see where I'm going with this? Read the top like 3 pages of reviews and you'll get it.

In short, I'm a bit snarky on the subject. I am, really. I know it. Why? Because this book, this series, is really really good. There's a lot of things amazing about it and it's a lot deeper than you'd
Miga Bungee
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read
This was sooooooooo goooooood.......Only problem? To much Foster-Keefe and not enough Sophitz!!!!!!! (Or Fitzphie).......It must be Fitz! Anyway great plotline and just an amazing series....so sad that I have to wait another year!
Nicole
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE 05/08/17:

THE TITLE AND COVER IS OUT!!! And ofc it's absolutely beautiful. My darling Sophie is looking beautiful on the cover and Keefe is looking absolutely dashing <3. And Linh!!!! Her first cover!! This deserves some mallowmelt to celebrate!

Dear Shannon,
FIRST OFF, WHAT have you done to me and my heart?! I would like some of that potion! I hope I can make it in Alchemy.

SECOND, I sincerely hope my eyes are deceiving me because I see a Fall 2017 and a Fall 2018 as the release dates.
VGA
Mar 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
GUYS
WE HAVE A COVER
AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL
AND
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(So excited that Linh's on there!!!!)
AND JUST COMING BACK AGAIN TO SAY THAT LINH IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I mean, HER DRESS. THAT'S ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID.
Eyeball Mcgigins
she has created such a vivid world that jumps right of the pages as I'm reading. it's hard to do that with middle grade books. definitely one of my favorite series that I've read. also SOFITZ
Chelsea
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This book disappointed me...

I wanted to love this book. I really did. I have been a fan of this series since the beginning...BEFORE it became popular. But sadly, this book fell flat.

You know those books that you read and by the end you are like, meh, what just happened? Or that book that is the second book in a trilogy, where nothing actually happens thus or becomes a 'filler' book.

Sadly, that was this book. Nothing really happen. It was pages upon pages of nothing . So now I am going to list
ChocolateLover
I have an announcement, I am in love. with.............the KOLTC books. Here's the problem, I'm also dying. Because of........the KOLTC books. Every time I go to the library for a new KOLTC book, I swear my heart flutters, like Sophie's does around Fitz. Mrs. Messenger, you can definitely make me laugh, you can also make me cry, but right now you are just being brutal. I mean.....A CLIFFHANGER and A LONNNNG WAIT??????? So that's my first problem, and my second is about Keefe. I honestly like ...more
Hannaaa
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ashley Brooke
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this book. So good! Where's book seven? Team Foster-Keefe forever!

Pre-Release: Is it time for Nightfall yet? Oh, not yet? Okay. I'll just reread the first five books...
Liz F.
WHY DON'T I HAVE THE SEVENTH BOOK. I BETTER BE GOING TO THE LIBRARY SOON!

Cliffhangers aside, this book was really, really good. Just read it. Also I got my sister hooked on this series and she is literally devouring it. XDD

4.5 stars.
maddi
i caNT WAIT TO SEE MY KIDS AND WIFE AGAIN

RTC.
carolina ☾
Am i the only one uncomfortable with thses adults shipping fourteen year-olds? Is it necessary to tease so much about thesquare love triangle and i miss the friendship between Keefe and Fitz. It has faded to tension between them for Sophie. Dex and Biana barely appear anymore. At points, Keefe is just annoying,really.
Lena
*sobs uncontrollably*
I CANT BELIEVE I FINISHED
AHHHHH
NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WHOLE. YEAR. HRGGHHHHH

I SAW IN INSTAGRAM WHEN SHE MADE THE ANOUNCEMENT!!!AWWWW YEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

1/31/17:
OH MY HOD THE TITLE IS NIGHTFALL
I COULD CRY

3/8/17
OMG IS THAT MY BEAUTIFUL BABY LINH? IM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY
Nicole Dust
I FORGOT HOW INTENSE THIS ENDING WAS.
Amy Imogene Reads
Is anyone surprised? (No.) Review to come!
R.F. Gammon
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LINH IS MA GIRL.

FINTAN CAN DIE.

I think there were too many characters in this book, but that's literally the only problem I had with it (oh, and the entire lack of Keefe). SO GOOD. Give me Flashback NOW.
BrooKe
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: otp
4.6/5 | I think—I think —I may have been blinded by sheer entertainment value so maybe, just maybe, this really shouldn’t get 5 stars and I’m a liiiiiiiiittle bit biased.

I believe it is high time I addressed the key question of the Keeper of the Lost Cities series: Do I think someone tugging their eyelashes out when they’re nervous is a thing?

My answer:
Yes, yes I do. As a matter of fact, I had the exact same habit when I was ten up until I was thirteen or fourteen. It’s a thing, guys. It may
Chloe
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. PLOT
Repetition, repetition and more repetition.
At this point in time, the series is merely going round and round in circles. The plot was unnecessarily long and filled with rather mundane details at times. Nightfall is one of the weakest books, plot-wise, in the entire series.

2. SOPHIE AND CO
I love the dynamics of the group, and their banter - but the group has become rather large: Dex was practically shoved to the background, Fitz became Sophie’s official mind booster... Tam and Linh were
Beth
3.5 Stars!

This isn't my favourite of the series so far, I think I got kind of bored with the focus on Sophies human mum and dad, like some bits were really really good and exciting, and other parts felt kind of filler. It's such a long book and I don't know if I thought I was getting into a slump half way through which has made me rate this not as high as the others but this series is so good and for me this book wasn't my favourite.

Some little rambles:
- Keefe will forever be my favourite
Sand-Witch
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK IS SO FREAKING GOOD. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. THIS SERIES IS SO AMAZING. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK OMG. Now I have to wait a whole YEAR for the next book *cries*.
mills♥
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3-20-18

SHANNON WHY?!?!

If you can't tell, this book was amazing but also destroyed me.

11-15-18

now to read flashback! (in a week...)
Who will Sophie end up with? 136 338 Jan 22, 2020 07:40PM
Sophitz For Life: Intro 4 38 Jul 29, 2019 06:05AM
What happens in the B&N short story?? 8 15 Jun 04, 2019 08:05PM
Alternative ships! 2 10 Dec 21, 2018 07:07AM
Which color is darker: teal or turquoise? 2 4 Jul 09, 2018 08:04PM

• The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1)
  • Island of Legends (Unwanteds, #4)
  • The Half Upon a Time Trilogy: Half Upon a Time; Twice Upon a Time; Once Upon the End
  • Island of Fire  (Unwanteds, #3)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)
  • Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)
  • A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Island of Silence (Unwanteds, #2)
  • A Crystal of Time (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #2)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Dragon Captives (The Unwanteds Quests, #1)
  • Le Clan des Serpents (La Légende des Quatre, #3)
  • Island of Dragons (Unwanteds, #7)
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
Hi! I'm the NYT and USA today bestselling author of the KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES series and the SKY FALL series! And yes, I DO accept friend requests here--BUT! Please note: I *never* check my private messages here, so if you send me one, you won't get a reply. My real contact information is on my website: shannonmessenger.com

Keeper of the Lost Cities (9 books)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)
  • Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4)
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #7)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Untitled (Keeper of Lost Cities, #9)
“Typical Foster, always knocking guys off their feet.” 34 likes
“I don’t know how it’s all going to work out, but . . . I’ll be fighting for the happy ending too.” 31 likes