Start by marking “Deliver (The Blades of Acktar, #4)” as Want to Read:
Deliver (The Blades of Acktar, #4)

Deliver

(The Blades of Acktar #4)

2018 Alliance Award Finalist

Can something broken ever heal?

Martyn is broken. After torturing his best friend, he doesn't belong anywhere in Acktar. No matter how far he runs, he can't lose his guilt.

Leith is broken. While healing from the torture he received at Nalgar Castle, he struggles to find his new role. But can a Blade ever run from his past?

The country is broken
Published April 25th 2017 by Sword & Cross Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Deliver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deliver

Hailey Rose
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE ---- January 16, 2018

Reread for the first time....AHHHHHHH!!!! SO GOOD!!!!! I love Leith and Ranson and Jamie trying to find what normal life looks like after being Blades. Kayleigh and Martyn's relationship is absolutely AMAZING. This book. Just. *heartpound*

***********

Let me go scrape my heart out of the dirt before I try to write a cohesive review of this beautiful piece of literature. *sobs*

Okay...I'm back. Review. Here:

All I really feel like doing is randomly fangirling over this boo
JonathanT
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WELL, IT'S OVER. The Blades of Acktar is concluded in this book. I feel a list coming on because if I try and review this any other way my review will just dissolve into incoherent flailing. (and besides: YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH A LIST)

L I K E D

- UM HELLO EVERYTHING.

- A lot of series endings tend to sag, but this one DID NOT. It was one of the best series finales that I have ever read. :D

- ALSO MARTYN. I looooved him in this book and I was super excited he got his own POV. It was super grea
R.J. Rodda
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, christian
This ended exactly as it should have - in a heart-warming and satisfying way. This is the final book of a fantastic series, filled with bravery, self sacrifice, heroic deeds, real love, deep friendships, forgiveness and redemption.

Even though Martyn is the main focus in this book and not Leith and Renna I still loved this. And thankfully Leith and Renna are still very present and significant. Overall it still is their story since Martyn is so important to Leith. Many of the minor characters we
Jazzy
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2nd review:
CAN I JUST SAY WOAH. That's pretty much the only word that really explains the book in a nutshell. I cannot tell you how many times I squealed while reading this. It. Just. Ah. But I mustn't spoil it for you, and it's driving me INSANE because I want you to know how I feel so we can just squeal together. Bother!

Deliver is the fourth and final book in Tricia Mingerink's Blades of Acktar. *cries as realization sinks in that it's over* While the other three books were more focused on Ren
Maddy
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, what an amazing series this is. These characters are literally the best thing ever, and I’m so sad that it’s over. *sobs* I definitely recommend this series!
H.S.J. Williams
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
So I thought the last book was the final in the series.....but may I just say I am SO glad it wasn't, because while I thought it was a fine conclusion, THIS conclusion is so much better.

Either I was just really grumpy or a little overcritical reading the last book or the writing really improved in this one......either way, I still think this probably her best book since the first one. The writing was more consistent with time, the character development felt accurate, the humor was timed nicely.
Shantelle
How to say goodbye to a favorite fantasy series? It wasn't easy, especially considering how Deliver tugged at my heartstrings. *huggles all the characters* In this fourth and final installment to THE BLADES OF ACKTAR by Tricia Mingerink, we journey with our dear fictional friends on one last mission for freedom, peace, and healing.

Martyn Hamish can't seem to understand being free. Forgiven. Struggles to grasp his friends' irrational faith. Has nightmares over the betrayal he's felt and caused.
Le
Sarah Grace Grzy
Wow wow wow! This was so amazing! A wonderful wrap up to the Blades of Acktar series! Well done Tricia! Highly recommended!

I'll write a more lengthy review sometime . . . :D
R.F. Gammon
So, this book. My feelings are so complicated. I loved it... but there is a lot I wasn't as in love with. I don't know. I'll just ramble it out.

First of all: Martyn! And Kayleigh! The two of them are amazing, and I loved their relationship and their inner struggles. I disliked Martyn in the first book -he felt underdeveloped and I had no reason to care about him- but from that point on (through both Deny and Defy) I loved him. A lot. So getting to see his journey was epic.

The setting of this boo
Faith
5 of 5 stars

*spoiler warning for those who haven't read books 1-3*

When a book keeps me up late, it usually isn't because I don't like. I am a night owl, but the book has to especially good for me to stay up into the wee morning hours to finish it.

And that was Deliver. Once I got pulled into the story, I just couldn't put it down!!

According to Goodreads, it took me two weeks to read this book. That's not entirely true, as it was more like I started it, set it aside for two weeks only reading
Abigail
I have a lot of emotions, okay?
Angie Thompson
So, by all appearances, Defy should be the end of the story, right? The bad guys defeated, the kingdom restored, true love acknowledged, and they all live happily ever after. Or do they? Honestly, I'm so glad the story didn't stop there! First, because I'll take every glimpse of the happily-ever-after that I can get my grubby paws on, but second, because happily-ever-after isn't as cut and dried as we like to think. Healing takes time. Restoration takes work. Redemption doesn't erase consequence ...more
Alyssa
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best book in this series! loved every minute of it!
Brie Donning
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read Deliver in a day and it was everything I had hoped for. It’s not all that common that you follow the characters after the battle is over and I wasn’t sure how Tricia could top the high stakes of Deny. But she did it. Once the characters have had their happy ending for a moment, the thought of it being lost is dreadful.

And then there is Martyn. Leith’s best friend from the Blades. The guy who should have died in his one heroic moment rather than survive. He hadn’t got his happy ending. I w
Karis
Wow! That’s all I can say about Deliver, the fourth and final book of Tricia Mingerink’s Blades of Acktar series. This series- one of my all time favorites- ended on an incredibly strong note. I was slightly leery that this book, which I knew would be largely from Martyn’s POV, would not live up to the previous books in the series. Let me just tell you I was wrong and loved this book! Looking back over all my kindle notes I made during my late night reading of Deliver, I cannot help but shiver a ...more
Blessing Counter
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alyssa
Shelves: got-for-a-review
What I liked:

Guys, there are not enough tears. Like, at all. 😥 😥 ❤ ❤ (Sorry ’bout that.)

This is the last in the series, and it was an amazing ending. Everything was wrapped up nicely. Deliver was definitely an after-war book, but there was still enough action!! And, guys, I’m going to … ahem … admit this, but I ALMOST teared up. Like, guys, I can’t even.

And just how everything was wrapped up, it was very realistic and beautiful. A wonderful conclusion to The Blades of Acktar! And I promise that
Morgan
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I still think things wrapped up pretty well in book 3, but you won't hear me complaining about more Leith and Renna. I'd read a book about them sitting and talking. And by the end, I loved Martyn and Kayleigh too, just not quite as much.
Mikayla
First off, I loved one of the main points of this book; can they learn to be at peace, when all they've ever known is war?
This book leaves right off where the last book stooped, but from Martyn's perspective. I was interested to see his view on things, so I was pulled into the story pretty quickly. I was very happy to see Leith's story continue, even though this one was a bit more focused on Martyn's side of the story.

Leith's story was very satisfying. I really enjoyed knowing that not all his
Victoria Lynn
Shelves: fantasy
My Review:

4 out of 5 stars

This is the fourth book in the Blades of Acktar series by Tricia Mingerink.

Overall:

The story was exciting, full of the many characters we have come to know and love over the course of this series and a perfect finish for the series. The plot was a little slow at first, but picked up speed and by the end I was staying up late into the night to finish. I love how Tricia does such an amazing job of making a medieval country so realistic, with it’s political details, down
Bryn
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nothing like skidding into a series in the fourth book, right? I hadn't picked up Mingerink's work up to this point ... because ... you know me ... THE STYLE DESPOT. I'd heard it was the sort that makes me want to break things (like my iPad and books and computer screens and dictionaries). But ... but ... tortured heroes, I had to try, right?

I found the story to be quite, quite engaging, very likable characters, well structured dialogue and a powerful message. Yes, the style was more simplistic
Bethany Reinstedt
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Christian fantasy lovers.
Recommended to Bethany by: Tricia Mingerink
Shelves: favorites
Deliver is a grand finale to the Blades of Acktar series. Filled with action from front to back, it doesn't let you down. Putting the book aside was like trying to hold your breath for an exceedingly long time. While I felt that the plot was slightly similar to some of the previous books in the series, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and that is the only reason this didn't get a 5-star review.

As with all the other books in the series, the characters were impossible not to fall in love with. The
Britt Leigh
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much!!!!! Had to be the best in the series, although the others were also great. So sad this is the last book, but can't wait for future books from this author. Great job Tricia Mingerink!
Erika Mathews
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deliver was a beautiful ending to the series. After the climax and resolution in Defy, the storyline in Deliver was refreshing and satisfying. I enjoy reading about characters after the "big battle," so an entire novel was wonderful. Furthermore, Martyn needed this book. I loved Martyn in Dare and vaulted between profound sadness and slight frustration with his choices in Deny and Defy. In Deliver, Martyn has the time, space, and circumstances to face life's questions - not just dodge them. His ...more
Allison
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
reread june 2019

LOVE THIS SERIES. i really need to purchase the paperback set so when friends ask for book recs, i can shove the entire series in their faces, xD.

reread april 2019

MY SECOND FAVORITE OF THE SERIES. partially bc (view spoiler)

also Martyn <3. and while at first, i was kinda unsure about Kayleigh, i love her. although, my only quibble is that her name doesn't
Kyle
Upon finishing Defy, I was unsure how Tricia Mingerink was going to craft a fourth book in the Acktar series. So much was settled in Book 3 that an additional story didn’t feel entirely necessary. But Deliver is far from a superfluous extension of the series. It continues the brilliant handling of Christian concepts that characterized the earlier novels. It also continues the journeys of the main cast while delving deeper into the lives of side characters from the previous books–particularly Mar ...more
Susan Peek
Another heart-hammering, nail-biting novel by Tricia Mingerink which, like the rest of her Blade books, deprived me of several nights' sleep. Impossible to put down, and equally impossible not to be heartbroken when it sinks in that this is the final book in this incredible series. I actually held off reading the last few chapters for a couple days, because even though I was DYING to find out what would happen, I didn't want the series to end. :(

Former First Blade Martyn Hamish took the star ro
serena482*
Like......WOW!!! This book. Is. AMAZING!!!!!! It was so awesome to get back into the world of Acktar, and read about all my favorite characters again. Leith, and Renna, and MARTYN!!!! He is like, super awesome! :D OK, Martyn is now one my favorite character ever. Anyways enough about how much I loved this book. Here's a little about the book. The war in Acktar is over, for some it is a time to restart, for others they are lost. Martyn only knew life as a blade, and is struggling with guilt. Leit ...more
Claire Banschbach
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
From book 1 when Leith mentions that Martyn is the only person who would care what happened to him, I wanted to know his story. This only intensified through books 2 and 3 when both Leith's and Martyn's choices threaten their friendship. This is finally Martyn's story.

We're dealing with the aftermath of book 3. The rebellion is over and a better king on the throne, but for our beloved characters, the hardest part of their journey might be in front of them. Please see the blurb for the tragic det
Grace
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even thought I'm sad to see it end, this is the beautiful happily ever after this series deserves.
The Blades of Acktar: Deliver (Book 4) *Warning: Spoilers* 71 25 May 03, 2017 09:02AM
Tricia Mingerink is a twenty-something, book-loving, horse-riding country girl. She lives in Michigan with her family and their pack of pets. When she isn't writing, she can be found pursuing backwoods adventures across the country.

The Blades of Acktar (5 books)
  • Dare (The Blades of Acktar, #1)
  • Deny (The Blades of Acktar, #2)
  • Defy (The Blades of Acktar, #3)
  • Decree (The Blades of Acktar, #5)
“She might get the wrong idea. Like he was going soft or nice or something. Which wasn’t the case. At all.” 6 likes
“That’s the struggle of being a Christian. We are called to walk the narrow path that balances condemning sin yet showing kindness. Often, we wander onto one side or the other.” 4 likes