Start by marking “A Spring of Weddings” as Want to Read:
A Spring of Weddings

A Spring of Weddings

A Proxy Wedding

Carly James values loyalty and friendship above all, so when her best friend calls asking her to be a proxy bride, she says, ‘yes.’ How hard can it be to say ‘I do’ so that her best friend can be with the one she loves? Only, Carly never counted on the feelings that began to swirl around with the proxy groom.

Damien Nichols likes life lined up from A to Z, bu
Kindle Edition
Published May 3rd 2017 by Celebrate Lit Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Spring of Weddings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Spring of Weddings

Caitlyn Santi
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Proxy Wedding by Toni Shiloh-
I loved everything about this story. The characters were awesome. The road trip they went on was so fun, I especially loved all the great pins on Toni's Pinterest board for this book, it totally made me feel that I was taking the trip right alongside them! I have seen proxy weddings in books before, but it was always only party that had a proxy, not both. So the idea of a double proxy wedding was something I found fascinating! Toni did a fabulous job writing this s
Josephine-Anne Griffiths
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Spring of Weddings is delightful. Two beautiful novellas encased within one book. Although they are both stories of love, they are entirely different from each other ... in an interesting way.

“A Proxy Wedding” by Toni Shiloh

“Just keep it together, Nichols. A few more days in her company before you part ways again and all will be right back to normal.”

Carly and Damien have been asked to stand in as proxy bride and groom by their best friends Brenda and Adam. This ‘proxy wedding’ was to take pla
Alicia
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
"A Spring of Weddings" (Two Spring Wedding Novellas) by Toni Shiloh and Melissa Wardwell

What an enjoyable read. The two novellas were so very different, yet both were full of hope, love, and joy.

What more fun could I reader have than "watching" two friends stand-in as wedding proxies; or learning to appreciate and respect a culture that is so very different than yours, yet not all that different when it comes to ones faith, values, love, and the meaning of family.

Grab this one for a joyful, li
Kristin Spencer
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Spring of Weddings is collection of two stories about, as I’m sure you guessed, Spring weddings. I don’t normally like Romance books, but there were a few things that made this collection special.

I give this book 4/5 stars.

Category: Fiction (Contemporary Christian Romance)

The first story in this collection is “A Proxy Wedding” by Toni Shiloh. This was the first book of hers that I’ve read, though I like her blog. I have to say, the unique premise of this story caught my attention right from th
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
These two stories couldn't be any sweeter! I loved them both equally, no need to choose a favorite. The overall theme in both was love conquers all. Not just our love for each other, but God's love as well. Both of these authors do a fantastic job in showcasing God's love and message in their stories which is why they are such a delight to read!

Let's start with A Proxy Wedding. First of all, I have never even heard about this so it was an interesting read! Is this real? That's what I was thinkin
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

My thoughts: A Proxy Wedding was the first book I've read by Toni Shiloh. It was a unique premise - I never read a story with a proxy wedding before. It was weird, but a very sweet romance as two strangers--complete opposites--were forced together for a week, even standing side by side as a judge pronounced them man and wife (in their friends' names, of course.) And what better than a wedding to make you think romance?

The black moment seemed a little off. Carly completely changed personality th
Ashley Dawn
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Both of these were good, quick reads. Neither is a story you will want to stop and put down but rather sit down and read to the end! In a Proxy Wedding, we meet Damien and Carly. The two are both good at heart but opposites in personality. Though they are different, there are similar outlooks and I enjoyed seeing the attraction and personalities grow/change.
In Hope beyond Savannah, it is another opposites story but on a wider scale (in my opinion). Lilly and Nik are together and the issue they
Linda Matchett
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
A Spring of Weddings is a delightful pairing of two contemporary romance novellas. “A Proxy Wedding” is the first Toni Shiloh book I’ve read, and I was not disappointed. The plot idea is clever – the best man and maid of honor must step in and get married on behalf of the bride and groom – and the characters are realistic and believable. Their cross-country adventure was fun, and I enjoyed riding along with Carly and Damien. “Hope Beyond Savannah” by Melissa Wardwell is an exploration of the cha ...more
Carol Keen
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, christian
I think this is the first thing I've ready by Shiloh. The first story is cute. It's a about a proxy wedding. That is something I already knew about, so I wasn't surprised at the premise. The story unfolded about like I thought it would, but it's still cute enough.

The second story was fun, and snuggly, and made me want to cuddle up with my sweetheart. It's full of romance. While very opposite of each other in all kinds of ways, the things that matter the most are united in this sweet story of Ho
Amy Fields
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was two sweet modern romances. I'm always a sucker for happily ever afters.

Toni Shiloh is a new to me writer. The plot was a fun twist and I really enjoyed the characters and the way the story unfolded. It was a predictable ending, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Then we come to story number two. Melissa Wardwell took me on a 160 turn around. I really enjoy her writing style but this one blew me away. From interesting facts and research about a different culture to two night and day characters
Anne
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, romance
These two novellas were perfect to brighten my mood on a warm summer afternoon! If you need a quick read between heavier full-length novels, A Spring of Weddings is for you!
Alicia Beck
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A spring of weddings has two stories in it by two different authors. Both stories are delightful and very enjoyable. They are both centered around a wedding. The first one is by Toni Shiloh and I read another book of hers awhile back and remember really liking it too (so I guess you could say I have become a fan of her books now). Hers is a Proxy Wedding. Can you imagine asking your best friend to take your place and stand in for you at your wedding ? That is exactly what happens here but with i ...more
Becky Dempsey
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
"A Proxy Wedding": I had never heard of a proxy wedding and found it to be an intriguing idea (I had to look it up) I liked Carly and Damien. They both grew through the story and learned to trust God more. It is a novella, so things move fairly quickly, but with the epilogue being a year later, it helps to "slow things down".
"Hope Beyond Savannah": This story was interesting in that the main characters were already a couple when the story started, so the story isn't a typical romance where we se
MJSH
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun collection of novellas!
I have always enjoyed Toni Shiloh’s writing and the novella A Proxy Wedding in this collection is no exception. Even with the limitation on length, Toni Shiloh creates a believable and enjoyable premise and plot with two friends of prospective groom and bride participating in a proxy wedding. The characters Damien and Carly are multi-dimensional with past hurts that blockade possibility of a healthy relationship. Their conversation is real, their faith down-to-
Jaycee Weaver
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I honestly don’t think I could put better words to a review than Carrie from Reading is my Superpower already did! I loved reading Toni’s story especially. The whole wedding proxy idea is so thoroughly unique, and the chemistry between the pair as they trek to do this favor for their friends? Excellent.
Sonnetta
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like these authors writing style. They pull you into these characters lives so quickly. You hurt when they hurt and when the laugh you cannot help but laugh with them. Characters who are opposites always intrigue me. I wonder how the authors are going to make the readers believe their relationship will last. Carly James , Damien Nichols, Lily Allman and Nikotemo (Nik) Lagatuo are reminders that sometimes we need to let go of our plans for our lives and let God do his things. The strengt ...more
Marguerite Gray
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two contemporary romance novellas with delightful characters with real life problems and flaws. These enjoyable fast-paced reads were hard to put down.
Julia
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Spring Of Weddings has two delightful stories one by Toni Shiloh and one by Melissa Wardwell. They have similar themes but both are unique and wonderful warm reads that will speak to your heart.
A Proxy Wedding by Toni Shiloh was the most delightful contemporary Christian romance. Such a sweet story with characters that warmed my heart.
God was very much a focus. He could be seen in nature. Toni Shiloh's delightful descriptions gave me a 'view' of this landscape. Prayers to Him were very much a
Bree
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A proxy wedding, and being able to read about a new culture to me, all in one book? As Damien put it ” Relationships are so confusing” and both these gals have written books that tackle real life moments, and give a beautiful faith boost to the confusing parts.

Toni’s story about the proxy wedding was truly fascinating. I spent a ton of time looking up a proxy wedding definition. Never the less, this book may tackle a subject unknown to some, but it is full of sweet love, tender moments that lead
Alexis Tucker
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Sometimes you read books that you fall in love with, and with reveiwing it's often pretty hard when you read a book and the love just didn't click. Maybe I was being a little to harsh...I don't think I was. I'm not normally like that. I just didn't enjoy myself while reading it. For you, it may be different, but while I read it I couldn't stay enthralled in it like I could other books.
A Spring of Weddings isn't getting a five star rating from me I am sorry to say.
I know authors work doubly ha
Jennifer  J.
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These authors have created a lovely pair of unique and especially creative love stories which are sure to delight readers drawn to this genre. A real 5-star winner for each story and both authors!!

A Proxy Wedding (Toni Shiloh)

This story’s premise is truly unique - an actual proxy wedding! What? How? Who?
With such an intriguing storyline, you’ll be brought immediately into the lives of these characters and how they are drawn together in a most improbable way.

Shiloh is known for her stories of imp
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Both of these authors are new to me, but they are truly talented! I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started reading these two sweet stories, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was so glad that I had the chance to read these captivating stories of love and hope.

The characters in both stories quickly weave their way in to your heart to stay forever. Damien, Carly, Nik and Lily were complex and beautifully created! Watching these four characters grow in love and become just who God intended them t
Linda
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Spring of Weddings is a double blessing! The book has two novellas, "A Proxy Wedding" and "Hope Beyond Savannah" In "A Proxy Wedding," Toni Shiloh has crafted an engaging tale of love, trust, and faith involving two strangers on a single mission to help their best friends get married while the bride and groom are deployed overseas. The reader is drawn into the story from the first sentence through Shiloh's captivating writing and by the vulnerability of her characters and their need to trust G ...more
Janice Sisemore
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
A spring of weddings

Two good stories in one book but very different from each other.

The first one called a Proxy Wedding is definitely different. Carly and Damien who never met before is asked to stand in for their friends to get married but have to travel to a different state that does proxy weddings. They have a long way to drive together. I really enjoyed this different wedding story.

The second is about Lily and Nik planning a wedding in a short time and have a hard time with Nik's mother.
Sarah Monzon
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd never heard of a proxy wedding before. I didn't even know they did that?!? So the premise was interesting and unique for Toni Shiloh's story. I like interesting and unique! ;)
Jeanette Fallon
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A short and sweet collection of unexpected love:  One story is of a soon to be daughter-in-law and her fiance's mother and the other is about a couple doing a favor for their friends.
June is usually the time for weddings but in this collection Spring is the time for love.  I loved both stories and quickly Was involved in the storyline.

A Proxy Wedding - Carly wasn't too thrilled to go on a car trip with a stranger.  But this car trip changed her life.

Hope Beyond Savannah-  Lily adored her fia
Melissa Henderson
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two very sweet, unique stories of love and weddings. Each story tells of a couple and their path to marriage. Ups and downs, family opinions, cultural differences, helping friends and so much more is told in these special stories. I enjoyed reading A Spring of Weddings and look forward to reading more by these authors. I was given a copy of this book by the authors and publisher and this is my personal honest opinion.
Debbie
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These two stories are really nice and sweet stories. Obviously these stories are about weddings but they are as different as night and day.

In "A Proxy Wedding" Carly James and Damien Nichols are complete strangers and completely opposites, and are asked to be stand-ins for their best friends at a proxy weddings.

While reading "A Proxy Wedding" I thought what a cute story and then I thought I am going to look on google and see if there is such a thing as a proxy wedding and THERE IS, BUT OF COURSE
Colette J. Pritts
May 31, 2018
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
“What would it be like to marry him for real?”

“A Proxy Wedding” by Toni Shiloh is about two people asked to stand in as proxies for their best friends who are in the military (separate bases) and want to get married. It’s not really a marriage of convenience tale but it has a similar feel – so of course I loved it! Carly and Damien are polar opposites, yet deep inside they’re really a lot alike. Watching them fall in love is romantic and fun (though not without its speed-bumps) and I appreciated
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.