Start by marking “Unmasking the Earl (Wayward in Wessex, Book #2)” as Want to Read:
Unmasking the Earl (Wayward in Wessex, Book #2)

Unmasking the Earl

(Wayward in Wessex #2)

Devastated by the disappearance of his sister, the Earl of Stranraer has gone to extraordinary lengths to find the notorious rake responsible, and enters his household incognito to wreak his vengeance. But his enemy has an unexpected protector—the innocent but headstrong Miss Cassandra Blythe.

Published May 15th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, Scandalous (first published August 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Unmasking the Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unmasking the Earl

Gwessie Tee
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Completely Captivated.

I received this ARC in return for an ho est unbiased review.

Id class it as a number 2 in the naughty scale 😉

I was completely captivated by this book and enjoyed it very much indeed , every aspect of this book I loved from the settings described to each character and how the book itself unfolds.
I will not give any plot away as it would be unfair to do so though I will say this any who enjoy historical romance that has everything from humour to mystery will adore this story,
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: Unmasking the Earl by Elizabeth Keysian  'Unmasking the Earl' by Elizabeth Keysian is book Two in the "Wayward in Wessex" series. This is the story of Lord Edmund Talbot, the Earl of Stranraer 'Ned" and Miss Cassandra Blythe 'Cassie". I have read the other book but feel this is easily a standalone book. Cassie thinks she is in love with Julian Carnforth. Julian just thinks of her as a little sister. So Cassie wants to learn to seduce him. When Cassie sees Julian going off with a ...more
Candace N
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unmasking the Earl, is without a doubt my favourite book by Elizabeth Keysian. It is a remarkable, witty, captivating, exciting and incredibly romantic story that grabbed my attention from the very beginning. I flew through this book! The characters are amazing, I loved them all. Cassie is a sassy, troublesome, strong willed, temptress and Ned is a very enticing, very alpha male, totally swoon worthy hero! I loved every minute of their complicated relationship! Their chemistry was amazing and ev ...more
Caitlyn Lynch
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I LOVED the heroine of this book. Cassie was full of sass and bravery, occasionally reckless but never stupid. Yes, her decision to ask a notorious rake to teach her how to seduce a man might seem a little on the dimwitted side, but she really is desperate.

Cassie is in love with her childhood friend Julian, who unfortunately views her as his aggravating little sister. Desperate to get his attention, she is willing to try any means necessary.

I started the book thinking 'yeah, yeah, I've read this
Dawn West
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

When a woman's smart mouth leads to scandalous kisses...

Ned is undercover. He's left his titled life behind to take up the identity of a servant in hopes of discovering the whereabouts of his missing sister. He suspects his new employer to be the guilty party and Ned will stop at nothing to learn the truth. One thing he isn't prepared for, however, is a lovely young woman to come barreling into the situation, threatening to reveal him
Janet
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Several months earlier there was a fire at the home of Edmund Talbot, Earl of Stranraer’s Aunt Claudette’s & it was feared that Edmund’s sister Georgiana had died, but when no trace of her was found Ned went to extraordinary lengths to find the notorious rake responsible, Captain Francis Wycherley and enters his household incognito as a servant, Ganstridge, to wreak his vengeance. There he meets the innocent but headstrong Miss Cassandra Blythe who wants Wycherley to teach her how t
Michaelene
A while back, I ran across this author on Wattpad when she was just going about getting published. So when this title came to review, I jumped on it. I’m always looking to read and review titles from authors who got started on this social media website. Unmasking the Earl by Elizabeth Keysian is book two in her Wayward in Wessex series, and it was a fun, suspenseful historical novel.

Cassandra Blythe has it bad for her childhood friend. The problem is that he has his eyes set on another female en
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
This book was quite the adventure!

I really enjoyed getting lost in this story! (Not lost as in I couldn't follow along, but lost as in I read for three hours before I realized how long I had been reading for!) While I'm not that well-versed in historical romances, I found this one easy enough to understand and really liked all of the "scandalous" things that took place.

Aside from Ned, what I liked most about this book was that I didn't have to wait until the end for the mysteries and conflicts t
Jill
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review. Loved the book. The love story between Cassie and Ned is well written and a good read. The disappearance of his sister plays a big part in the book. I would recommend this book for anyone who wants to read a good romance book which ends in a HEA.
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
New-to-me-author Elizabeth Keysian charmed my socks off with Unmasking The Earl. I couldn’t help but fall in love with Cassie and Ned. Cassie was hilarious. In spite of how smart and perceptive she was, she seemed to make choices at times that were risky yet she always managed to land on her feet. Ned was adorable. He endured a lot for the sake of Cassie. I loved his devotion to finding his sister and to protecting Cassie. The latter often got him into some of the funniest predicaments. The spa ...more
Anna Albo
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I've read from Ms. Keysian and I loved it just as much as the first. As always, great characters and a story that kept me turning my Kindle pages. And if you're wondering, you don't need to read book 1 to read book 2, but you should probably read book 1 anyway because it was awesome too!
Brenda
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

Cassie is determined to learn the art of seduction. But she is blindsided by her body's thrilling response to the wrong man—a mysterious servant who shows up at the most inauspicious
Book Gannet
I think I need to take a break from historical romances, because this one did absolutely nothing for me. Mostly because of the characters. Cassandra kicks things off by acting in a very unlikely way, running around in the dark with two men and not expecting that to ruin her reputation, then meeting in secret with a rake. She’s supposed to be smart, but there were times when I wondered if she had a brain at all.

Then there’s Ned, our earl-in-disguise, looking for his lost sister. His motives may b
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Cassie thinks she is in love with Julian Carnforth. Julian just thinks of her as a little sister. So Cassie wants to learn to seduce him. When Cassie sees Julian going off with a lady named Lucy at a party she feels she needs to save h
Z
Fantastic; a comedy of manners with flashes of seriousness and depth. Following the likeable characters through this story felt like watching a light opera. I loved the author’s period-appropriate use of colloquialisms and metaphor. Keysian wove them into the story in ways that felt completely natural. Early in the novel, both the heroine and the hero sometimes behave in ways (class snobbery and sexism) that are repellent to modern society, but are entirely natural for their times. No one would ...more
Eva
the second book in the wayward in wessex series, unmasking the earl, follows miss cassandra blythe and her quest to get her childhood crush, julian carnforth, to notice her as a woman instead of the little sister he treats her like. after joining forces with captain francis wycherly to prevent julian and captain wycherly's current lover from indulging in a dalliance, cassie has the idea that wycherly might be the perfect person to help her attract julian's attentions.

if only his pesky manservant
Zipporah McBurney
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unmasking the Earl
Book 2 of the Wayward in Wessex series
By Elizabeth Keysian

First let it be known that I had the privilege of receiving an ARC from the author for an unbiased and honest review.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It took me a couple of chapters to get myself fully immersed in the plot but it was well worth the small wait.

I won't go into detail about the plot because you can get a hint of that from the back cover.
However I will say that if Cassie ever tires of Ned I'm first in li
Evelyn Gray
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unmasking the Earl is just my type of historical romance: a lust-fuelled slow-burn surrounded by mystery, secrets, and intrigue.

Ned Turner, the Earl of Stranrear, has gone undercover as a servant in the household of Captain Francis Wycherley: the man he suspects of having involvement in his sister's disappearance. Installing himself within the household under the name of Mr Ganstridge, he hopes to learn the truth of his sister's wherabouts, and bring the rouge responsible to justice.

Ned's suspi
Linda
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cassie has been infatuated & thinks herself in love with Julian, her childhood friend since she was 13. Now grown up, she is determined to win his heart even though he only sees her as a sister. Thinking that the way to win him & change his perception of her would be to learn how to flirt and seduce him, she persuades a known rake whose paramour Julian appears to be besotted with to teach her seductive arts.

There were several parts of the story that did not sit well with me. Cassie star
Debbie Glenn Brown
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Edmund Talbot, the Earl of Stranraer is devastated by his sister’s disappearance and plans to go to any lengths to find the notorious rogue responsible. He feels Captain Francis Wycherley knows something about his sister and he enters household incognito as a servant, Ganstridge, to wreak his vengeance on him. Cassandra Blythe is in love with Julian, her childhood friend, but he doesn’t seem to notice her so who better to teach the art of seduction than the notorious rake, Captain Wycherley. Gan ...more
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 1 / 5
How explicit 3 / 5
Story 4.5 / 5
Overall: 4.5 / 5
Review:
I really enjoyed Unmasking the Earl. Cassie and Ned were so much fun to read! While searching for his sister, Ned goes undercover as a servant named Ganstridge to find out if the scandalous man, Captain Wycherley, has done something to Ned's sister, Ned suspects the Captain is hiding his sister with child, leaving her alone and ruined or even worse dead.

Cassie pines for a man, Julian, who thinks of her as a child. She decid
Tam
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cassie has her hands full: She thinks she is in love with man #1 (Julian), thinks man #2 (the Captain) can teach her how to seduce man #1 (Julian), and finds herself fighting the chemistry with man #3 (Ned), who is the presumed servant of man #2 (the Captain).

Ned (man #3) is working undercover as a servant in the household of the Captain (man #2), because he feels like he may have had something to do with the disappearance of his beloved sister. Now: Enter Cassie and her unconventional notions,
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

I have to say that Unmasking the Earl was an interesting read. Cassie's kind of silly. Some the things she does to try to get the guy she's "in love" attention. At least she has one friend who was like dude you need to look at other options, because I don't think he's all that into you. However, she's a stubborn chit. However, she's also tenacious, and fearless in some aspect.

Now Ned. He's in big brother mode. I didn't mind him being a jerk at times, he was looking out
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ned, the Earl of Stranraer, takes a position as a servant in the house of Captain Francis Wycherley, the man he believes was in a secret relationship with his sister before she disappeared during a fire months ago, in order to try to find out what happened to his sister.
Cassie Blythe has been in love with a childhood friend Julian, but he has taken no romantic interest in her, so Cassie seeks out the Captain to get advice on capturing Julian's notice. However, during her lessons from the Captai
Harmony Williams
What struck me first about this book is the diction. The word choice draws you into the era and the mindsets of the characters. The author enlivens the era further with small snatches of description that lends an authenticity to the setting. Robins eating young green plums off the tree, that sort of thing. If you know (as I do) that Elizabeth Keysian lives in Wessex, you'll know to trust those little descriptions as a true taste of the area. I love reading that in a book because it transports yo ...more
Deb Diem
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unmasking The Earl is an outstanding historical romance by Elizabeth Keysian. Ms. Keysian has again delivered a book that is a joy to read. The characters are phenomenal and the book is well-written and a nice smooth read. Cassandra has been in love with Julian for years. When Julian slips away from the ball with another woman, Cassandra enlists the aid of Captain Wycherley, a rake. Ned has been searching for his sister since she went missing after a fire. He gets a job working for Captain Wyche ...more
Angela
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
(3.5) Everything is not always as it seems. A definite theme in this story. What I like about this story is that it has the witty banter and quirky characters found in the first book in the series (at least through the first third of the book). The middle kind of drug a bit for me but it did pick up again at the end of the story. I loved Ned and Cassie’s interactions (especially Ned’s constant busting in and under the breath remarks). Very funny. Good characters and situations. A nice read.

I wou
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy in exchange for my honest review

This is my first time reading a book by Elizabeth Keysian and I'm hooked! I loved how they were at odds at all times but drawn to each other at the same time. There are a couple twists surrounding his sister and what happened that I didn't seeing coming. I loved the ending and how I never was sure what was going to happen.

Cassie is determined to get what she wants no matter what. I loved how she saw things from a calm point of view and defended
Melanie
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the second story in Wayward in Wessex series and not reading the first story, I can safely say that I had no trouble following this one. I don't think it's necessary for you to read the first one either in order to understand the goings on in here.

If you love lighthearted and romp romances, this one will fit the bill to a tee! There's a lot going on here with lots and lots of characters that are fun and funny. I enjoyed the characterization of both leads and their interaction was fun. I
Petula
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Miss Cassandra Blythe is most distressed that man who she has loved since she was a child, only looks at her as a sister. She must do something to make him notice her.
Lord Edmund Talbot, the Earl of Stranraer is searching for his sister who vanished several months before. The only clue he has is the name of a well known libertine.
This is a wonderful, crazy adventure. Our mischievous heroine risks all for love, and our bullheaded hero has a problem controlling his temper. Lots of fun and a litt
« previous 1 3 next »
I adore history and archaeology, and write romances that give the reader an experience of travelling back in time.
I feel very British-despite my Viking ancestry-and love creating rich backdrops for my stories based on real places and actual experiences. Confession time- I used to be a re-enactor, so I've sampled the living conditions, clothing, and smells of the past!
My characters battle their pro

Wayward in Wessex (3 books)
  • Distracting the Duke (Wayward in Wessex #1)
  • Vanquishing the Viscount (Wayward in Wessex, #3)