Start by marking “Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)

Burn for You

(Slow Burn #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  7,681 Ratings  ·  800 Reviews
The marriage is fake. But for a sassy chef and an arrogant billionaire, the sparks are real…

Jackson “The Beast” Boudreaux is rich, gorgeous, and unbelievably rude to the staff at Chef Bianca Hardwick’s New Orleans restaurant. Bianca would sooner douse herself in hot sauce than cook for Jackson again, but when he asks her to cater his fund-raiser, Bianca can’t refuse, knowi
Published October 17th 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Burn for You, please sign up.
J.T. Geissinger Thank you! So far, there are three books planned for the Slow Burn series. Each is a complete standalone, meaning there are no crossover characters.…moreThank you! So far, there are three books planned for the Slow Burn series. Each is a complete standalone, meaning there are no crossover characters. Book 2, Melt For You, will be out late April, early May of 2018. It features a hot-as-sin Scottish rugby player named Cameron McGregor and a mousy book editor named Joellen. If you liked Jax and Bianca's banter and sexual tension in Burn For You, Cam and Joellen will blow you out of the water.

To keep updated on the release date, join my newsletter: http://bit.ly/1IbgZZI(less)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Burn For You is book one in the Slow Burn series by J.T. Geissinger. J.T. is a new to me author. I won this book in a give-a-way. This is one of those times when I am smacking myself in the forehead and asking myself why in the world I haven’t read anything by this author before! This book gets all the stars! I was attracted by the blurb and the cover but was barely a couple of chapters in when I was completely in love with both Jackson Boudreaux and Bianca Hardwick.

Book 1 of the Slow Burn series

I think Jackson is my favorit
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
4.25 STARS

Awesome. I had so much fun.

A perfect example how an overused plot can still be enjoyable and original when it's done right.
NOT ONE mistake according to my own personal romance rule book.

- Enemies-to-lovers romance

- Marriage of convenience trope

- A beauty and the beast theme

- A strong, sassy and intelligent heroine. No annoying traits, habits, actions or uttered words. Everything that comes out her mouth is hilarious.

- A grumpy, reclusive, scary and asshole-ish but sexy as hell he
Bibi
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-author
*3.5 stars rounded up*

JTG is an auto-buy favourite, as she's one of only a few authors who can write smart and intelligent prose across all genres. Without a doubt Burn for You wasn't mediocre, though it lacked the intensity that I attribute to her books.

Still, it was a fun way to pass three lazy hours on a Saturday.
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review and Book Buddy Giveaway at Of Pens and Pages.

Wow. I can't believe I didn't read this until today! This Beauty and the Beast-inspired romance had everything I want in a book—Enemies to Lovers, Marriage of Convenience, Slow burn, a reclusive, arrogant billionaire hero and a sweet and sassy heroine chef. Plus, it's set in New Orleans and features recipes of food in between chapters. Yum.

It wasn't love at first sight for chef Bianca Hardwick and bourbon billionaire Jackson "The Beast"
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
She was my religion. My north and south, my heaven and earth, the axis of rightness around which everything had suddenly aligned. For the first time in my life, all my polarized parts worked as one, humming happily along in harmony with the universe, finally understanding their place.

Looking for a perfectly paced slow burn romance? Well, I've got your fix right here! This series is so appropriately titled, and for this slow burn lover? I gobbled it right up.

Bianca Hardwick is a talen
Jen
4 Beastly Stars

“This is a business deal, Bianca. A good one for both of us. We’re not doing favors for each other. No one is getting taken advantage of here. We’re going into it with our eyes open, fully informed and consenting, with an exit strategy that’s painless and precise. Which is a hell of a lot more than most people can say about their marriages.”

To say that the first meeting between Bianca Hardwick and Jackson Boudreaux was a rocky one would be a huge understatement. Who cares if he’s
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Really liked this fake engagement romance! The beginning was a bit slow but I didn't mind it. I loved it while I was reading it but it's been a couple of weeks since I've finished it and I'm really hazy on the details. :S
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Lisa
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review
4 Stars

Burn for You is the first book in J. T. Geissinger’s new series entitled Slow Burn. I went in to this book not really knowing what to expect. I have loved all the books I have previously read by this author. I am happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised by this lovely romance. This book was a fantastic whirlwind. Funny, heart-warming, sexy, and romantic. This book was simply a lot of fun!

Both protagonists were amazing characters who just seemed to fit. Both make mistakes as they em
Alex ♈
For whatever reason I shelved this book as no-thanks-but-no.
???
As my buddy Sigmund Freud said:
"The great question that has never been answered and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my 30 years of research into the feminine soul, is: ‘What does a woman want?’"

Well, I made a mistake, see, I'm that honest and self-critical.
It's the second mistake I acknowledged making last year: not reading this book and singing 'U + Ur Hand' by Pink in karaoke at a party with many kids *blaming my
Hollis
The man gave the term resting bitch face a whole new meaning. He looked like his face had caught on fire and someone had tried to put it out with a fork.

Do you love BEAUTY AND THE BEAST retellings? Need I even say more at this point? Probably not. But I will. This isn't your standard homage but there's enough similarities to tickle your fancy and enough differences to delight you. In addition we have a hate-to-love slowburn and a fake-marriage trope. Throw in some New Orleans flavour (like, a lo
R.K. Gold
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
As usual my reviews will contain spoilers so if that bothers you stop reading here.

Okay, I am incredibly new to the romance genre so I am rating these differently than I rate other books. A four star here means I was thoroughly entertained by the book, but I'm no entirely sure about what my baseline 3 star in this genre is.

As for the book itself it did a good job engaging my imagination. I plan on finishing the series. I just downloaded the second book and saw the third comes out this fall. I'm
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
✪✪✪1/2
“I always thought love was a pair of shackles, but I was wrong. Love was the opened door of a cage.”

FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED
You can also find it on my blog, Ink Is My Sword🌼
descriptionAll images were found in pinterest, I do not own any of them.

Has the addicting quality that makes you invested in the story and the romance even if isn’t perfect.

💬
When I picked burn for you I was expecting a fake marriage storyline, where the marriage of the main characters is a charade and after a while fall in l
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐3.5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐

Amazingly entertaining, packing heat, passion and banter! If you like your heroes on the growly side, your heroines fiery with a smart mouth, a push and pull potent with animosity and a healthy dose of steam, you don’t want to miss Burn For You! This is your next afternoon escape!

I discovered J.T. Geissinger recently over the past summer and fell in love with her sexy and suspenseful stories propelled combustible thanks to a perfect mix of strong alphas with a gentle streak and
Leonor
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved, loved, loved the heroine. Omg wow this woman was amazing!!! She was a strong sassy woman who didn't take crap from the hero.

I liked the hero although I have a tiny complain about him. I like my heroes to work for their money and this one didn't but that didn't stop me from liking him and I don't mind a hero who's an asshole and this one may have been one but he sure redeemed himself.

NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This is a rough one for me to rate, tbh. This had me engaged, but I wasn't really wowed by it. I never fully felt the connection between the h and H, but I did feel connected with the characters individually (which is kind of weird as it's usually no connection to any of it for me). I liked their back stories, but I feel like their futures were left hanging in a way that it didn't help me feel that connection. I also felt like some things felt unfinished. There was thing
Dilek VT
4,5 stars, actually

***********************************************

How can you create wonders with the common trope of “enemies-to-lovers” and “fake relationship”?

This book has a popular romance trope: Enemies to lovers! And as main characters, we have a grumpy and arrogant billionaire and a sweet and sassy Southern belle. Then, a fake engagement!

Everything sounds cliché, right?
It sounds like this book is no different from the many other similar romance books, right?

Well, surprisingly, this book
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
It's like Beauty and the Beast meets Princess Tiana. Jackson and Bianca are so much fun to read. He's overbearing, high-handed, and demanding....beastly.
She's hard-working, feisty, and doesn't take any crap.
The two of them generate sparks that ignite all of New Orleans!

What I loved: Mainly the characters. It's a super cute take on the Beauty and Beast story. Jackson is misunderstood, but also doesn't help the situation by barking orders and demands at everyone he comes into contact with. His ba
Aisling Zena

1/2 cup of Slap,Slap,Kiss,
1/3 cup of marriage of convenience,
a dash of cliches,
add a pinch of dirty talk and voila the perfect book for me!!

description

P.S. Jackson Boudreaux is mine!!!
Carvanz
Oh my! Jackson Boudreaux!

I could leave my review right there because really, who doesn’t love a big, burly, scowling hero? Dig a little deeper and you’ll find that Bianca’s mama was right. Crème brulee. “Hard as nails on the outside, but inside all soft and gooey sweet.”

description

So yeah, I’m absolutely heart over heels in love with Ms. Geissinger’s latest hero. I have to say he’s one of the most interesting male characters I’ve ever read. Absolutely alpha on the surface but with so much insecurity about
Kindling Micky
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kindling by: Hollis

I’ve heard of JT Geissenger in my book feeds but now I realise what I’ve been missing out by not reading her work. BURN FOR YOU delighted my literary senses from start to finish. The two main characters were both hugely likeable in their reality, completely lacking perfection, both stubborn and fun to observe clashing. This book is a piece of wonderful hate to love with great story substance.

Jackson is like a grisly bear, a pathetic communicator, preferring to shout or grunt. He met his
Snow
The old romance trope where two total opposites fight like cats and dogs until they suddenly realize they're crazy about each other

well, that's how the first encounter starts between a grumpy, broody, rude billionaire Jackson Boudreaux and Bianca Hardwick, Chef/owner of a New Orleans' restaurant.
It's not even pretty but each of them hold their own, yet the sparks fly, even though they fight it, through out the relentless pent up bickering...
Who was the real Jackson Boudreaux? The Beast tha
Mada Linx
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

I laughed out loud so many times while reading this, it was too funny not to.

“You just told me I wasn’t nice to you. Why would you like me?”
His eyes started to burn. “You’re honest. And real. And you don’t care about my money—”
“Ha! So you offer me a million dollars of it?”

I loved Bianca’s sassiness and spunk and the fact that she doesn’t take crap from anyone.

Jackson was too cute not to like him either. Even though he comes across rude and mean, he’s actually a really nice guy with a golden hear
Mindy Lou's Book Review
4.5 Slap Slap kiss Stars!

Heir to the Boudreaux Bourbon empire, Jackson Boudreaux was a beast of a man that had a perpetual scowl on his face and would just as soon growl at you than not.

Bianca is a beautiful Creole woman who has just opened a restaurant and based her menu off her recipes paired with Boudreaux Bourbon. When Jackson shows up at her restaurant demanding a table, the sparks flew.

Oh man, Jackson is one of my favorite types of Hero’s. He’s got the whole wounded beast thing going on an
Cyndi
I really enjoyed this one! I wish it had an epilogue!
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

4.25 stars ...It (and I) needs an epilogue!!!!!!!!!!!

Great story..tale as old time..

This book hit so many emotions. I laughed and I cried. Jackson aka the "Beast" has a library. He was so damaged yet he was able to open up to loving and being loved. Bianca gives better than she gets.

I can't wait to try some of the recipes Ms. Geissinger graciously included at the end of each chapter.

One more thing...cover art people...please read the book. He needs a beard, and she needs
Jeannine Allison
I adore a classic B&B retelling, and this one definitely delivered! ❤ Bianca was sassy and a lot of fun, and I loved Jackson's surly attitude! It was easy to forgive him because we got his POV and it was obvious how sweet he was on Bianca, he just had major hang-ups. I love the "first sour, then sweet" heroes 😉 I'm really looking forward to more from this author! Especially the next in this series!! *gimme* 😍 ...more
Stacie
4 3/4 "Creme Brulee" Stars!

I absolutely loved this one. A dark and brooding H. A sassy sweet h- southern woman done right. I loved them both. No tstl moments, and some very engaging side characters that added to the story.

It was funny, full of heart, and though a bit of a slow burn, it was still very steamy. I enjoyed this one a lot! Happy reading!
Gio
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My Reaction To This Book

Image result for shakes head gif

The Cover Does Not Fit The Couple (WHY?????)

Interacial Couple Deserves A Interacial Cover

aesthetic, hands, and couple image

At 40% The Heroine Slaps The Hero
IMO Not For A Good Reason

Related image

It Went Downhill From The Slap

The Heroine Uses The Phrase "Sweet Baby Jesus"
Not Once
Not Twice But A Total Of 15 Times
And Then Once During Sex
All I Could Think About Is Will Ferrell In Talladega Nights

Image result for will ferrell baby jesus

MISCOMMUNICATION (Which I Hate)

Image result for miscommunication meme

Love This Author Her Book Wicked Beautiful (Wicked Games #1) by J.T. Geissinger Is One Of My Favs

Oh Well
Stacey is Sassy
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Is it HOT in here?

Just finished the audio for Burn for You and I enjoyed it.

Holy shamoly that slow burn was definitely worth waiting for. I admit to being very hot under the collar as I was listening to this one. Luckily I didn't have to struggle with squirming in public and avoiding eye-contact with my fellow passengers on the train (for a change). I was a little uncomfortable though. Straight after the remarkably hot sexy scene, an extremely sad thing happens in the book.

Ummm...not sure abou
Nikki ღ Navareus
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody.
Recommended to Nikki ღ Navareus by: ◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆

***FOUR STARS***
I absolutely adored everything about this story (Thank you for another amazing recommend, Sweet Anna!). Jackson was such a raging dick when he first met Bianca, and you all know me, I love my asshole heroes, so I was a gonner for him! Bianca was a spitfire too, and never took his shit. She was funny as hell too, and these two had amazing chemistry. Such a slow burn until the finally came together, I thought I was going to die, but it was worth the wait. These two were scorching h
J.T. Geissinger is a bestselling author of emotionally charged romance and women’s fiction. Ranging from funny, feisty romcoms to intense, edgy suspense, her books have sold more than one million copies and been translated into several languages.

Meet JTG in her private reader group on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2xbtnY3

Text BOOK to 31996 to get new release notifications

Slow Burn (3 books)
  • Melt for You (Slow Burn, #2)
  • Ache for You (Slow Burn, #3)
“When a woman says no, she doesn’t mean yes. She doesn’t mean maybe. She doesn’t mean please try to talk me out of it because I really don’t mean it, but I just want you to work a little harder. She means no. N. O. Now get out of my way.” 8 likes
“Being nice is the worst thing a woman can be. Nice means you have to swallow your own feelings and focus on everyone else's. Nice means you don't speak up when you're wronged. Nice means being a people pleaser and a conciliator and worrying yourself to death over others' opinions. Nice means never getting what you really want.... Authentic. Genuine. Live your truth. Let others live theirs. Don't kiss anyone's ass, but don't be an asshole, either.” 6 likes