Start by marking “Unsteady” as Want to Read:
Unsteady

Unsteady

(The Tempest #2)

The storm rages, casting light in the shadows, forcing you to face the aftermath. Running away is futile.

Broken. Traumatized. Consumed.

Delani Delvecchio has been through more heartbreak in her life than most can handle. She’s strong—stronger than she thought herself capable—but her victory comes with consequences.

She’s slipping—slipping from reality and fearing everything
Published June 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Unsteady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unsteady

Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
Unsteady by Jillian Anselmi was an intense, emotionally charged, but beautifully written story. The pain these characters went threw was real. I felt as if I was right there with them.

Ms. Anselmi has created a book that I couldn't put down. It was captivating, heartbreaking, but sweet.

Although this is a follow up to When the Storm Ends, it's a standalone.

The characters pain bled through my kindle and into my heart. I was rooting for them at every turn.

I was once again swept up into this worl
Camille Vernisie
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow , the book was so good. I could not put it down. I love the authors writing style. I like the narration from the different characters. The story was suspenseful, romantic and a mystery. What more can you ask for ?? Well... how about the next book ? Thank you for a great read.
Sassy Southern
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series and book 1 should be read first.

Delani "Lani" Delvecchio was kidnapped by Armand Castillo and as they get closer to a possible judgment Lani is struggling. Her body is damaged and she no longer feels like she is the same woman as she was before.

Brody Russell, Lani's boyfriend, is a police officer but has taken a leave to help Lani through this difficult time. Yet he is also caught between letting Lani heal on her own and watching her suffer in her own sile
Nicole
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You first meet these characters in When the Storm Ends.
Jillian provides enough back story this can easily be read as a standalone novel.
What would you do if you came face to face with pure evil?
How would you deal with feelings of being broken and scarred thinking you may never be yourself again?
Follow Brody and Delani on their journey back to each other.

This is a story about finding the strength to go on after the unspeakable happens. It's about healing as individuals and as a couple. It's a
Rebecca Austin
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
This was another emotional read in this series. Although this book doesn't contain the same physical/emotional abuse of the first book this one contained the aftermath of what these events can do to a person and also what it does to their loved ones. I think this one also showed the problems that can arise with our court system as well.

Lani was beginning to get so much stronger due to her therapy sessions and I loved how she gradually starting getting back to a different version of her older sel
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jillian Anselmi delivers on all fronts with Unsteady. This the second book in the journey of Delani and Brody but most definitely can be read as a standalone. We are given an emotional story about recovery and love and suspense, of course. Brody is the loving protective southern man from Texas that wants the best for Delani while she recovers from a truly horrific event in her life.

Once you start this book you will not want to put it down until the very last word on the very last page. As a rea
Cee Cee Houston
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this story unknowing that is was a sequel to a previous book, (When The Storm Ends). There is a lot alluding to that previous book, but I still enjoyed this one. It would have been better to have read book 1 first.
In saying that, the story was really good, full of suspense and more than a little psychological and physical terror. The chemistry between Brody and Lani did a lot to alleviate that though. It was captivating and engrossing with such a loving, kind-hearted and tender hero as Br
Maryann Gestwicki
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Unsteady made me quake in my boots. Delani went through a terrible, horrific situation. I hope that monster goes to prison. So, nerve ending with the jury, they have to keep you on the edge. It's like the case was left hung out dry like a load of laundry. Grrr!! very Well written with the criminal & court terminology. Aww, Brody will do anything to defend & honor his love for Delani. He gets a gold medal for protection in my review.
Elizabeth Swain
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I read this as a standalone. I had never read any of the pervious books, and this is a first time for me reading this author.

That being said; this book was amazing and she told enough of the story that I felt invested in the story. I even cried ugly tears for them.

Brody is so in love and protective of Delani you can feel it in everything, every breath and every word!

This story is so beautiful, I regret not reading them earlier!
Peggy Copeland
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a good conclusion! Ms Anselmi did not disappoint on this series! Loved Brody and Delani... such strong people. Brody's protectiveness and caring for Delani is out of the park and makes you want to pat him on the back for being her protector.
N. Nieto
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved this book! if I wasn't in love with Brody already then I surely am now! I love him so much! he great with laney! this is a must read!
leigh higens
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved this book. great storyline. loved the twists and turns of the story. wpuld highly recommend it to anyonw
Bonnie  Barrett
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I felt unsteady reading it wondering what would happen next!
Angelina
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Surviving The Storm follows on from When The Storm Ends but both can be read as standalones.

Having survived her trip to hell twice, Delani is now fighting for survival again. She's a shadow of her former self and doesn't know if she'll ever get past the damage caused by Armond. She's got the support of her close friends and Brody, who is the love of her life, but will they be able to help pull Delani from the darkness and prove to her that she's worthy of their love?

“He's been so wonderful and u
Zeljka Rankovic
Shelves: arcs, one-time-read
I'm finishing this book with my feelings completely unsteady: heart-broken and heart-warmed; with the shattered heart and some pieces of it mended into harmony as hope blooms within me. The conclusion to Lani and Brody's story swept me off of my feet.

The story starts off where When The Storm Ends ended, leaving Lani and Brody in quite complicated situation, for the lack of better word. Lani seems to be broken, or at least thinks of herself as broken, and Brody acts like her savior, someone who s
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was an intense, emotional fit wrenching read! Jillian did an amazing job showing the strength within both Lani & Brody. Lani is a broken woman trying to find her way back to herself. Brody does such a wonderful job being supportive & helping Lani get back to her strength & even better version of herself.
The chemistry & love just oozes from the pages of this book as the story goes on. These 2 made the book, I just couldn't get the same vibes for the supporting character
Samantha Schafer
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: beta, arc, darker
This is book 2... I highly suggest reading book 1 first. I don't think it's required but I suggest you do.

Brody <3 <3
Celia
Jun 22, 2017
Christine Beasley
Oct 27, 2018
Kaylee Nizza
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 7 stars!!! F***king Amazing!!!! This book is Intense, Emotional, Heartfelt and will give you one hell of an adrenaline rush. Once you start this book I guarantee you that you will not be able to book down. Jillian Anselmi totally kicked ass with this story. Can we clone Brody?? There needs to be more men out there like him. His is absolutely freaking amazing with Delani. Delani has taught us alot with her story. The trauma and all the emotional things she goes through. She deser ...more
Neepa Shah-chittur