Start by marking “Water's Mark: Cancer (Lords of Krete #1; Zodiac Shifters #14)” as Want to Read:
Water's Mark: Cancer (Lords of Krete #1; Zodiac Shifters #14)

Water's Mark: Cancer

(Lords of Krete #1)

She's as fluid as water.
Cyane of the Pegaeae, spring nymphs, can cure any disease. Imprisoned for her powers not once, but twice, she's desperate to reclaim her freedom. But that means escaping her second captor, the formidable Lord of a race of crab shifters, who has no intention of letting her go. Not until she's saved every last one of his people--a task that will end
ebook
Published June 27th 2017 by Rachael Slate

To ask other readers questions about Water's Mark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water's Mark

Start your review of Water's Mark: Cancer (Lords of Krete #1; Zodiac Shifters #14)
Gina Roberts
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can a nymph, non-violent by nature, and a crab-shifter warrior find a way to save his people and fall in love?

Thanks to Rachael Slate, they have their shot in Water's Mark: Cancer!

As always, these characters will capture your imagination and your heart, leaving you eager for more about their lives, like that old friend who moved away.

Although connected with the rest of the Halcyon series, this is a gateway to a land only referenced until now: Krete. The Centaurs of that as yet explored land have
Joann Herley
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Water's Mark is a magical story. Theron is a crab shifter, and he fears his people will all die if he cannot find a way to heal them. He captures Cyane, a Nymph of Healing, to save his people, and this action is not without conflict. As she starts to heal the ill, Theron learns the impact it is having on her and struggles with what it means to her and to him. This is a romantic tale. It is filled with plenty of heat, determination, and a few surprises. Loved it!
Cherri-Anne
His last hope. 5 MATING POOLS

This one tiny maiden was their miracle. you’re just the nymph I was looking for. Stroke me, if you dare. Oh, my. He was simply…magnificent. Go ahead, lass. You’re too full of light to shine into my dark world. HOLY KRETE!!! What a SPECTACULAR book that lorded over my heart right from the start!! I have been thoroughly "enjoying" - which is way too tame to describe it - Rachael's Halcyon World since the very beginning and have loved every single release, eagerly &
Lyn Mckenzie
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book

OMG Rachael Slate has created such an amazing Tale, I can't express how much I adored this book!!!! I have read a lot of this author's work and love her writing, I have to say that I love this one the most!!!

There is such vitality to this book, it is definitely more than reading a book, its like living an experience, you are there with the characters, in their world experiencing it all with them. This is definitely a book I could read
Nikki Brooks
As a cranky crab myself, crab shifters were always going to be up my alley!! This is a cross over between Zodiac Shifters and Ms Slate's own Halcyon Romance series.

Cyane dangled herself as bait and her adopted brothers were supposed to come and rescue her. But the best laid plans go awry and Cyane finds herself searching her prison for the vial containing her healing powers. When she is caught and manhandled by a very large figure and then carted off again, she really cannot believe her luck!

Ana
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, a crab shifter and a nymph, I love it!

Virginal nymph healer Cyane of Krete has traded her watery form for that of a lad intent on recovering her stolen powers, what she had not counted on was getting locked in the pincers of a gorgeous crab! She can't slither into his hard shell, but slowly but surely into his heart.

Theron leader of Karkinos a race of crab shifters is intent on saving what is left of his dwindling people that are being consumed by an incurable disease and Cyane seems to be
Robin
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed meeting another nymph and wow a crab shifter a first for me. This new series is an offshoot of the series about the war for love as Cyane is a nymph of healing that Philaeus had imprisoned and the Amazons and other centaurs had saved them and released them. However, Cyane wanted her healing gift back so she had to go to an area where Theron too was headed for that same vial. Cyane proved the better thief but Theron then captured her.

I really recommend this story because it shows
Kathi
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific story of myth, magic and relationships!!

Cyane, a spring nymph, had healing powers and someone always seems to be making her their captive. Theron, leader of the Karkinos (crab shifters), is torn – he can see what the healing takes out of Cyane, but his people will die without her. Cyane is a nymph with no “experience” thanks to her protective brothers – but Theron is drawn to her. Each must work to save their people – but perhaps working together will solve both their problems.

A
Cassandra
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An incredibly, fast-paced thrill ride. I loved every second of Theron and Cyane's story!Excitement starts at the very beginning and never lets up. Theron thinks he is only using Cyane to cure his people, but his heart has other plans. Cyane's hates Theron for taking her prisoner and forcing her to help the Karkinos, at least her head tells her she does. After spending some time together the two realize there may be more to their meeting than they thought. Can they work together to save his ...more
Michelle VanDaley
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachael Slate colors such a descriptive tale that you feel as if you are experiencing the world right along with the characters. You can see the rooms and what each character looks like, what they are doing, how they are dressed and how they are feeling. I absolutely LOVE that she made Theron a crab shifter, which I have never seen before. The story unfolds with perfect pacing and I did not want to put it down. It kept me captivated from beginning to end. Once again proving why Rachael Slate ...more
Patti
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a healer, you spend tireless hours trying to heal those that you can. But what do you do when faced with the possibility of your own death if you keep trying to help those in need? This poor, brave heroine did not seek out to be in this dilemma but brought forcibly into awareness of its existence. This talented author sets her characters down this journey and holds us captive as we read page after page hoping for an HEA that keeps looking impossible. Definitely read this amazing story to find ...more
Jennifer Alvarez
Wonderfully amazing! A must-read!

Theron and Cyane both have a mission to save their people. Theron's people are dying from a mysterious illness. Cyane's by an evil King. Can Cyane save Theron's people without loosing herself not only to Theron but also this disease? Can Theron learn to trust in order to save himself and his people? This is an excellent PNR! It draws you in from the start with promises of passion and adventures and delivers! This is part of a series but satisfying on its own! A
Danielle Carpenter
These books represent alpha males and strong women. Water's Mark is no different, but I was thrilled with a different kind of shifter and the thought and detail that the author puts into the descriptions. I love Cyane and Theron. Theron is as tough as his shell and Cyane is fluid as the water nymph that she is. We all know that crab shells soften with water, so does Theron's heart. This book is well worth reading!

I received this book as an Advanced Reader copy and this is my honest opinion.
Stacy Aube
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book.

Amazing!!!
I love all books by Rachael so this shouldn't be a shock I absolutely adore this book. The lead characters are strong and honorable. With the goal of saving his people Theron does some less than stellar actions but ultimately redeems him self. Having a strong female lead pitted against an alpha male tend to make the story that much better.

I can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Katrina Berry
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Water's Mark: Cancer by Rachael Slate is Book 13 of the Zodiac Shifters Series and Book 1 of the Lords of Krete series which is a spin-off of the Halcyon series. Even though this book is part of a series, it can be read as a standalone. Water’s Mark is Cyane and Theron’s tale and is a wonderfully woven story of love and redemption. Engaging characters, an original storyline, and a vivid, solid world bring this tale to life in a way only Ms. Slate can.
Nicole Smith
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This is start of a new series and I'm already in love with it! of course I love anything Rachael writes. This book had me right from the beginning and I hardly could put it down. Rachael just has magic when she weaves her stories. I loved Cyane because she has a big heart, but she is fierce and can kick some butt. I can say this is the first time I've read a book with a crab shifter. This will suck you right in and leave you anticipating the next book.
Gladys
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Water's Mark by Rachel Slate is a truly entertaining and engaging book. Sexy, sassy and fun, I loved Cyane and Theron. Well written and fast moving this book will grab you at the start and not let go. I loved the chemistry between the characters and the well developed world. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this book
Willow
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
A crab shifter who desperately needed the healing waters of a nymph - not something you read about everyday! An enjoyable read and a good addition to the Halcyon series. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Deborah
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She's No Pushover

She's not going to just give in to a bully. She is taking her powers back. He can't let her take her powers and leave. It would condemn his people to death. This is an angst fill,intense, hot read. Enjoy I did.
Tena Barnes
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First time that i have read a crab shifter book.

This was a first crab shifter book that I have read. Its unusual shifter but it had everything you look in a book. Love, drama and action. I did like this book
Barbara
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A crab shifter what fun! This Author thinks outside the box and gives you a story you just have to finish reading once you start.I received a free copy of this book and liked it so much I also bought a copy.
Keoki Ki`Ili
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Revenge isn't sweet

A healer regains her powers, our hero captures her. A people facing death, the only cure is our heroine. A love that's pure, if they commit. They learn they are stronger together.
Brittany
I have had this on my kindle for awhile now but needed a short book for a challenge I participate in so pulled it off my shelf. I just wasn’t in love with it. The story was steamy but not much else. Just wasn’t for me.
Andi  G.
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful tale with mythical tones that s going to keep you on your toes throughout a heartwarming love story and a captivating plot line. With complex characters and engaging twist and turns this story is a must read for all PNR readers.
I voluntarily reviewed for the arc team.
Tracey
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is interesting.

I have to be honest and admit that I don't normally read or enjoy books that deal with the "Gods" but this one wasn't bad. The plot line was easy to read and it held my attention to the end.
Lindsay
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stars:
4.5 sassy water drops!
I absolutely love Cyane! She's absolutely perfect for Theron, who may be a bit crabby to start out (see what I did there?) Their meeting is unconventional but the love produced from it is absolutely amazing to watch blossom.
I adored getting to know these characters in this fast paced romance! I was able to read it in one sitting!
A
Feb 02, 2019
Trina
Dec 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Dragon, The Witch, And The Wedding; Taurus (Zodiac Shifters, #12)
  • Scorched Ember: Taurus (The Guardians of the Zodiac, #2; Zodiac Shifters, #13)
  • Tears of the Dragon: Aries (Zodiac Shifters, #8)
  • Untamed: Leo (Dark Khimairans #1; Zodiac Shifters #21)
  • Fated Souls: Aquarius (Zodiac Shifters, #1)
  • Phoenix Under Fire: Aries (Supernatural Wars #1; Zodiac Shifters #7)
  • Out Foxed: Gemini (Sassafras Shifters #2; Zodiac Shifters #11)
  • Out of the Ashes: Pisces (The Guardians of the Zodiac, #1; Zodiac Shifters, #3)
  • Love's Warrior: Aries (Zodiac Shifters, #9)
  • Cursed in Love: Cancer (Zodiac Shifters #15)
  • Christmas Kisses: A Zodiac Shifters Anthology (Zodiac Shifters, #26.5)
  • Treasured Find (Shifter World Royal Kagan, #1)
  • Firefighter Sea Dragon (Fire & Rescue Shifters, #4)
  • Firefighter Unicorn (Fire & Rescue Shifters, #6)
  • A Roaring Fire (Zodiac Dragon Guardians, #3.5)
  • Firefighter Phoenix (Fire & Rescue Shifters, #7)
  • The Master Shark's Mate (Fire & Rescue Shifters, #5)
  • Wildfire Unicorn (Fire & Rescue Shifters: Wildfire Crew #2)
USA Today bestselling author Rachael Slate writes sizzling shifter stories where alpha heroes battle the beasts within themselves and sassy heroines would rather leave them wild than tame them. Whether dragons or centaurs, it's always scorching hot romance.

When not writing, Rachael can be found in nature, soaking up inspiration, or baking far too many sweet treats in the kitchen. She's obsessed

Lords of Krete (5 books)
  • Earth's Mark (Lords of Krete, #2)
  • Air's Mark (Lords of Krete, #3)
  • Fire's Mark (Lords of Krete, #4)
  • Aether's Mark (Lords of Krete Book 5)