Start by marking “Before I Shatter (Before I Shatter #1)” as Want to Read:
Before I Shatter (Before I Shatter #1)

Before I Shatter (Before I Shatter #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Alternate cover edition for ISBN 978-1533504623 (Before I Shatter)

Seventeen-year-old Vita is the next step in human evolution.

The daughter of two prominent scientists, Vita is content to live in the spotlight. After all, it affords her a lifestyle most only dream of: living in a Lunar Colony, luxurious gifts, and her unique ability to project her consciousness onto differ
Paperback
Published April 18th 2017 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Before I Shatter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before I Shatter

SMREEP
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good beginning to a YA sci-fi series. I was hooked by the end of the book and can't wait to learn what will happen next in Vita's life as she discovers lies and deception in those close to her in the Lunar Colonies and on Earth. As a member of the ARC team, I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Danee
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before I Shatter is such an original unique story about the human mind. I really loved the story and how it was built up, and I couldn't help but fall in love with this story! The characters are strong, and the story is just great! I would totally recommend this story to everyone who loves fantasy and sci-fi stories!
Mary Breedlove
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a true page turner! Keeps you on the edge of your seat demanding to know more. The characters and relatable and perfectly imperfect. Love interests , war , scandalous subplots , all perfectly balanced and beautifully written. This book has something for everyone. Highly anticipating the second installation!!!!!
Joni Phipps
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me captured from the very beginning. It was hard to put down. And when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about the storyline and couldn't wait to get back to it. The author has a way with words that keeps the reader captivated and hard to put down. A couple of places in the book are very emotional and I caught myself crying. I would recommend this book to anyone either gender.
Kerry
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mostly Spoiler free review but little tidbits of information will be included to solidify my review.

I had high hopes for this novel, but I found too many faults to enjoy the novel fully. My biggest issue was that the ending was too abrupt and felt very rushed. Additionally, the chapters were too short with too many internal breaks that cumulated to a very disjointed story. The characters development was very sparse even for the main character. There should have been more meat added to the back s
Alex Rowe ----Captain Valour
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, netgalley
In this YA Sci-fi, we are brought to the Lunar Colony where they are making breakthroughs with human evolution. Here we meet Vita, the daughter of two scientists keen on seeing these evolutions through and intrigued at how much Vita can do. She's face of the project to further human evolution, trying to push to achieve more, but without shattering into a Shell (a human body who's mind has shattered and is no longer completely there). The Director pushes her more as she makes breakthrough after b ...more
Red
First : I received and ARC of this book in exchange of a review.
Second : I chose this book because of the cover which is totally misleading. See I thought Vita was a black woman/girl, or at the very least a WOC. But the more I read about her "hazel green" turned "emerald" eyes, and about her mother with her long flowing auburn hair, and some other tidbits like those, the more I suspected I got tricked!
Now, that was a bit annoying, but had the book been good, I would at least have enjoyed a good
Kathryn Rose - Galaxy Girl Reviews

GalaxyGirlReviews

Received an ARC copy for an honest review.

This book was hard to get into at first and then only slightly entertaining after that. There were quite a few characters in this book and none of them had the depth I look for in characters I've grown to love and care about over time. I felt like with a smaller cast and more focus on character growth this book would have been far better.

The love story in this book also left a lot to be desired. I just wasn't moved and I guess I expect more when there
Jennifer G
"I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own."

It took me a bit to get into this book, but once I did, I found it enjoyable. It's an exploration of the potential of the human mind. It was also interesting to compare the mind jumps to reality. Reality held the deceptions, betrayals, and intrigues.

Vita was a lovely female character. It was nice to watch her growth during the book. It was harder to connect with many of the other characters. There were sever
Nicole Henderson
Earth as we know is not the same and colonies have been formed on the moon. Vita's parents are both scientist her father stays on Earth whilst Vita and her mother move to the moon. But what happens when one parent has a Hilter complex???
Life for Vita will never be the same.
I loved this story was different from the books I've been reading and I throughly enjoyed the story.
Would I recommend this book YES
Linda
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-wins
3.5 stars.

Quite creative with fairly good character development. Interested to see what happens next!
Jessica
Feb 11, 2017 marked it as quit-did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get into it for some reason. Will try again later.
received via Netgalley for review purposes
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
This review is honestly looooong overdue, and even now I don't have a full one typed out yet argh.

I think I wasn't in the right mood when I read this book but I remember not really liking it. I found it confusing, there were too many characters and not all were well-developed, and the romance was just #NOPE. Somehow, the one character I remember the most clearly is the antagonist, and he's probably the most well-developed character in the book.

I had planned to do a re-read of it. I just
Marguerite (Lady RH) ❀
Rating : none
DNF 47%

Why ? Simply because "I had forgotten how effervescent his hair was."
and the other sentences like that. I couldn't take it, I had to stop for my sanity to remain intact - as intact as it is.
And also because it was written part first person and part third person.
Sandie Will
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was captured immediately by this story. It's about a teenager named Vita - a strong female character who's strength is tested over and over as she battles her own fears while facing different dimensions in space. Mandy does a great job with her descriptive prose that helps one visualize what it would be like to live on the moon and a life wracked with being one big science experiment. There's a little bit of love, dysfunction, and intrigue in this very addicting book that I didn't want to end. ...more
Cynthia
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-author, ya
Mandy is a master story-teller. Action packed and full of adventure. Love!
Jenny Nackers
Mar 16, 2017
Jeniffer Gonzolas
Mar 16, 2017
Mandy Peterson
Jul 18, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jess Zerr
Donna Smith
Joanne
Dawn Obrien
Goodreads Librari...: Please update book cover image. 5 12 Apr 18, 2017 07:44AM

Before I Shatter (2 books)
  • After I Break

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)