Start by marking “Spider (English, #3)” as Want to Read:
Spider (English, #3)

Spider

(English #3)

He's a British rock star.
And my stepbrother.
What can go wrong?

He called himself Spider. I just knew him as the sinfully gorgeous guy with eyes of fire that fate sat next to me on the airplane. I didn’t know who he really was…rock star…my stepbrother.

He kissed me because he thought we’d never see each other again. We would.

Everyone warned me about him.
They said he was ruth
Published November 13th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Spider, please sign up.
Ilsa Madden-Mills Yes! Spider does appear in other books, but those stories/people are not in this book. This is all HIM, British bad boy and all... xoxo
Alexandra Spider first appears in “Very Wicked Things” and then “Filthy English”. Two different series, but he is a crossover character.

Start your review of Spider (English, #3)
Ilsa Madden-Mills
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Spider's been out for three months! Thank you for the reviews/ratings! :)

🎸“Staring at someone for longer than six seconds signals that you either want to have sex with them or murder them. Which one is it?” I ask, weaving my hands into his hair and tugging on the ends. 🎸

➜ AMZ US: http://amzn.to/2ADS5zR
➜ AMZ UK: http://amzn.to/2zxoMkQ

From Wall Street Journal bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills comes a new standalone romance about a flawed hero and the woman he can’t forget.

"She crossed my path
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I get a buzz from the connection that’s always been between us, that knowledge that she and I are two parts of a whole. I let out an exhale. I’m nothing without this. Without her.

SPIDER is one of those books that once you start it, you simply won’t be able to put down till you get to the end. It has so many of my favorite tropes that there was no way I wasn’t going to fall madly in love with this book! Get ready for an addictive story involvi
Jen
I can only give this book a 3 stars...mainly because it has a big pet peeve of mine, and once the issue happened I became emotionally detached from the hero and heroine. In the case of Spider and Rose, Spider ended up sleeping with a women after he had met Rose. It is a huge no no for me in the romance books that I read, that the hero sees his "love" and does not sleep with any woman after he lays his eyes on his woman. I realize that may seem old fashioned to some...but it is ME, and my biggest ...more
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
I’ve never been much of a cover whore, but this shit hot cover had me at first glance! I mean, seriously, how could I turn away from this sexiness? Couple that with the fact that Ilsa Madden Mills knows how to do New Adult perfectly. My ever growing TBR never stood a chance!

Here’s the breakdown: It’s a story of fate. Finding your one true love in the most unexpected place. Rose meets an unbelievably handsome stranger at a pivotal moment in her life. When they part ways, her life changes. Years l
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Rockstars and stepbrothers. Couldn’t get more unattainable then that... Add in a meeting in the past, an encounter that leaves a hopeless 11 year old girl hopeful, marking her in an unforgettable way. A sexy first kiss on an airplane 6 years later, I’d say fate had a big hand on that once in a lifetime love. Then enter asshole actions and I wanted to throw my fricken kindle. Yep, can say I really did

I loved this story and I hated this story. I loved the connection between Spider and Rose, I lo
Dilek VT
My soulmate gr friend Bookylicious read this book and told me to stay away from it as she is sure that I would strangle the hero to his death and she is sure that I would hate the heroine for being so weak and easy. So, I trust her and pass this book!

(view spoiler)
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I haven't read a stepbrother book in a while, and I was never actually that into the trope, but this blurb grabbed my attention hard so I knew I had to read this one. Spider and Rose had rough time in their relationship and I ended up really liking that they fought for each other in the end.

Getting to the point where I liked them though, that took some time. I was annoyed at the drama popping up between Spider and Rose, and I really didn't like the whole Trenton t
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Rose had a pretty shitty life growing up. One night, when she was 11, it's so bad at home, she runs away ... and finds ... him. The nice, beautiful, tattooed, teenaged boy who talks kindly to her, gives her some money for food. Tells her to call him if it ever gets really bad at home again.
Her savior.
When she's 17, on her way back home to her adopted mom and her new hubby, she meets him again on the plane. Spider. Only, they don't recognize each other.
There's this huge attraction on both sides.
Hanne
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Rose goes to visit her (adoptive) mother, because her mother recently got married and it’s time for Rose to finally meet that husband. On the airplane, Rose meets Spider. Rose hates flying, but Spider can calm her and make her forget where she is. Rose and Spider have a nice conversation, have a laugh and share a passionate kiss. Both of them didn’t expect to ever see each other again, so they were shocked when they discover that they’re step siblings. Rose is now off limits to Spider, but Rose ...more
Shannon Moore
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Well great, now I'm disappointed. That was no where near as epic as I expected it to be... what happened? Look back in Filthy English, Spider was great in that! But then this happened and womp womp womp.

So this book is divided into two parts, and within each part we have glimpses from the characters at different ages of their lives. Part one, loved it. It starts with Rose at 11 and Spider at 16, it was great. Then it moves on to Rose at 17, Spider at 22. It was also great. I liked the innocence
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

“Epic love...you and me.”

The prologue paints us a dismal picture into a young Rose's life and her one glimpse of kindness comes in the form of Spider...someone she will never forget.

Fast forward six years and they meet again at an airport although they don't make their connection to each other, they still have some amazing chemistry.

They continue getting to know each other on the flight and Rose finds out more than she wants to about Spider. And I felt Spider really regretted t
Sara Ann
Nov 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 Star

I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of reading stories where the main characters sleep with other people besides each other. It's hard to cheer for these characters to be together, especially when they cheat on their current significant others so they can be together.
I just couldn't get into this story.
Tia Louise
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you like Ilsa Madden-Mills? Well, you are going to LOVE SPIDER!!!!

This book is everything--passion, fire, heartbreak, FEELS... so many feels. It's about finding your destiny and being strong enough to keep it. It's about fighting for the one you love.

One of my TOP READS of 2017!!!!

FIVE STARS
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***Actually 4,5 stars***

Hopefully i will be able to write soon a review...
Alaina
Finally writing this review! Woohoo!

Spider was so freaking good! I just wish it was a series because I definitely wanted more! It is a dual POV from Spider and Rose. Now I never saw them as "step siblings" mostly because she was a foster kid and her foster mom/his step-mom was a bitch and I hated her. That probably seems weird to people that are reading this review but for some super odd reason my brain just wasn't computing them as a siblings. No matter how hard I tried it just didn't seem to f
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the right from Chapter 1 and I just could not put it down. There are so many things I want to share about this book but I will refrain because I want you to get lost in it like I did.

Rose and Spider are so different and yet so alike. They both have experienced loss, heartbreak but the difference between them is that Rose has a determination to succeed and find her happiness while Spider feels like there is no HEA in his future.

One thing is for sure is that Spider's story was
*•.¸✽ Damjana ✽¸.•*
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 stars!
Ilaria 🌸
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ilsa your books are like a glass of Prosecco in front of a fire in a winter night
Beautiful ❤️
Swoony 💙
Funny💙
Sexy💙
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*

I'm just not sure what to think here. The beginning was solid and I got ready to be thoroughly entertained, and then somewhere down the road it turned into such a mess. Honestly, Rose' behavior was so juvenile I couldn't even with her. Jeez, go ahead and fall in love with a guy you knew for couple hours, who also happened to have sex with another girl in that same stretch of time. Yeah, that's a nice way to start a relationship. If he also happens to be your stepbrother and a drug addict, well,
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have recently been introduced to this very talented author. After finishing Filthy English and realizing Spider was as getting his own book I may have screamed, just a little.

You meet Spider very briefly in Filthy English, you learn very early on he’s in a very successful band and has many, many, demons.

Spider gosh there are so many things to say about this intoxicating man.

Band.
Sexy.
Demons.
British.
Troubled.
Lost.
Tattoos.
Did I say sexy?!

Those are just a few things to think about when p
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
It was okay.
Meh.

I enjoyed parts of it.
Other parts were just... I don't know... off.
It was a quick read.
Steamy.
There is an underage aspect to a large chunk of this book.
Didn't bother me, but might bother some.
Overall, it was just so-so.

Looking back, this seems to be my common assessment after reading one of this author's books.
Perhaps I just don't mesh well with her writing.
Will I pick up another book from this author?

description

But, who knows. Never say never.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
So I've read a lot of awesome reviews that made me put it on my tbr. But my opinion is so different. Don't get me wrong I kind of enjoyed it and I got fair warnings of certain things. (view spoiler)

I just couldn't connect well with either of them, but that's probably just my fault. It could be so much more, o
HMS
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Nothing surprising or new and maybe it's just me, but the whole step brother thing has been DONE!

So now I'm taking my wine and I'm finding something else to read.

Carmen Rae
This book is another that has been on my kindle for so long I can’t even remember when I one clicked it. What I do remember is how much I wanted to read it because I loved Spider as a secondary character. But I was scared I wouldn’t love this book and I didn’t want to not like it. I wanted to love Spider but I had this feeling that I wouldn’t after I read this so I put it off.

Sadly I was right. I really didn’t like Spider in this book. And I didn’t really connect to Rose either. I just didn’t fe
Melanie (mells_view)
Fate has other plans. She wants this.

I really enjoyed this book. A rockstar/step-brother romance mixed in with second chance as well. There is high angst, but it’s quickly resolved, and it just makes the book feel light-hearted even though the side issues are heavy ones. The start is very tense, and I loved it. Two people who can’t be together even though they want to desperately! The second chance bit moves very quickly and is pretty darn steamy.

*SPOILER-Y*
There are OW/OM, and there may be a bi
Beneath The Covers Blog
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, alison, 2017-reads
Rose went from poor and losing her mother to living a fancier life with her adoptive mom, but what happens when she meets a sexy rocker on the plane? Forget about kissing him and moving on, she soon realizes that won't be happening because he is her new step brother.

Okay, first off I love British men, they are my weakness, so I was a goner when it came to spider. I loved his character a lot.

Rose I was on and off about. I was trying to get into her mindset through out the whole book, but often ti
Erth
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great read! Loved the fast pace, with a bit of ups and downs, surprises, drama and romance. Was a bit disappointed when his twin cousins were not worked into the story. The ending was a bit off. It was to abrupt. The epilogue smoothed the ending out some. Overall it was a good read.
Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader)

So after a few dark books this was a pleasant turn. Super adorable. It's a quick read that I was able to get in before I read a dark trilogy.

The book is a dual POV and has two parts. There is a moment when the heroine does something stupid but I can forgive her because of her next course of action. Am I still mad that it happened? Yes.

Again it was cute. Now back to the world of dark for the next few days.

Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Oh man, I was so excited for this one! It did not disappoint one damn bit. Rock star romances is one of my all time favorite tropes, out there at the top with college romances and bestfriends to lovers. I seriously always love them so much! Like I seriously can't think of one that I've read that I haven't loved! I think the fact that I cannot live without music contributes a lot. I'm a die hard fangirl sometimes, and for certain artists lol.

So yeah, rock star romance? Count me
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Ilsa Madden-Mills ~ you had me at rock star.

I was not sure what to expect with Spider, but whatever expectations I did kind of have you blew them out of the water.

Neither Rose nor Spider's lives have been easy, and really, the are perfect for each other. But of course we know that it is not going to be all hearts and flowers with this pair.

And boy oh boy, were the emotions flowing as I read (I know, I can get really sappy sometimes when I am reading, but this on
Challenge Corner: Spider by Ilsa Madden-Millis - Starting April 3rd 2018 70 9 Apr 15, 2018 11:58AM

• The Relationship Pact (Kings of Football, #3)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Playing with Fire
  • The End Zone
  • Dirty Curve
  • The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
  • Restraint (Mason Family, #1)
  • Not Pretending Anymore
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Reputation (Mason Family, #2)
  • Swink (Landry Family, #5)
  • Tyed
  • Dirty Headlines
  • The Strike Out (The Brentwood Boys, #7)
  • Swear
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Perfect Catch (The Brentwood Boys, #8)
  • The Not-Outcast
See top shelves…
#1 Amazon Charts, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills pens angsty new adult and contemporary romances.

A former high school English teacher and librarian, she adores all things Pride and Prejudice, and of course, Mr. Darcy is her ultimate hero.

She's addicted to frothy coffee beverages, cheesy magnets, and any book featuring unicorns and sword-wi

English (3 books)
  • Dirty English (English, #1)
  • Filthy English (English, #2)