Start by marking “The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)

The Little Café in Copenhagen

(Romantic Escapes #1)

Welcome to the little cafe in Copenhagen where the smell of cinnamon fills the air and the hot chocolate is as smooth as silk.

Publicist Kate Sinclair’s life in London is everything she thought she wanted: success, glamour and a charming boyfriend. Until that boyfriend goes behind her back and snatches a much sought-after promotion from her.Heartbroken and questioning every
Published February 1st 2018 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Little Café in Copenhagen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Café in Copenhagen

Nicola
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

The Danes have life sussed.
description
And with a hilarious, loveable cast of characters who could give any school trip a run for its money with their antics alongside an enemies to lovers romance bubbling away, Julie Caplin has a new fan.

description It’s all about making your life better through the little things.”

description
Claire Robinson
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
Best first book in a series, I have read in a long time.

Definitely an author to stalk going forwards.

Kim
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, net-galley, kindle
This was such a wonderfully warm read- which I am sure is going to be in my top 5 list this year. The setting, food and characters are all connected within a hygge theme- guaranteeing a warm, comfortable and happy feel. You can imagine yourself in Eva's cafe being wrapped in her welcome and enjoying the delicious food on offer in a cafe that makes you forget life outside.
Kate is a publicist and when she gets passed over for a promotion finds herself the only one available to run a campaign pitch
Deanne Patterson
Feel good chick lit embracing Danish culture. I now want a hygge house (Hygge is the Danish concept of living a simple, well & cosy life ) From the book I understand the Danish are very happy and eats lots of pastries. don't care about the pastries but surrounding myself with happy people sounds great to me. Working at a little cafe with cinnamon bun and hot chocolate scents wafting through the air isn't a bad idea either. And discovering the romantic charm in Copenhagen through romantic lat ...more
victoria_tonks
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comfort-read
Julie Caplin/Jules Wake's books are always a safe bet for me. I have read six of them so far and, on the whole, enjoyed them very much. This one is basically no exception, even though for various reasons I am going to stick to three stars.

TLCiC tells the story of Kate, the PR girl, who is responsible for organizing a press trip to Copenhagen as part of the press campaign for one her agency's clients. During the trip, she has an opportunity to see the beautiful capital of Denmark and discover th
Shalini
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book which is based on the happiest people on Earth, the Danish and their concept of a lifestyle Hygge. It is all about making your life better, making life cozy, through little things, bringing warmth and homeliness. That's why they are the happiest people on this earth.

After being betrayed by her colleague and lover, Kate has to take 6 journalists to Copenhagen at the behest of a client of their PR firm to show them the concept of Hygge. And enter Ben a journalist but an unknown Prince Charm
Stacey
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Review can be found on my blog: thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com

I honestly cannot tell you in words how much I loved this book. Much like hygge, it's more about the feels - and this book gave me plenty of them! I must admit that this novel has made me push Copenhagen up my list of places I want to travel to and now I'm pining to go there.

It has to be said that the first thing that usually makes me want to read a book is the cover, and this cover certainly doesn't disappoint. I LOVE it. It's so, so
Nicola Clough
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had heard of this author but hadn't read any of her books yet I will be reading more as so well written and engrossed you from the first page. Full of happiness and romance and beautiful Copenhagen. Also about Kate finding herself and realising she doesn't enjoy her job. Well worth reading curled up by the fire.
Kate works as a publicist and sadly doesn't get the promotion she wanted so she isn't happy especially when it's her boyfriend who has gone beyond her back and takes her promotion. She
Nancy
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charming story with great little nuggets of philosophy seamlessly worked into it. Enjoyed all of the characters and the way Copenhagen was presented.
Jessica
I feel like Caplin, looking for a new setting for her next romance, read Meik Wiking's Little Book of Hygge (referenced extensively at the beginning, but not by exact name), then said, What if I paraphrased this, but added lots of staring at a kinda douchey guy's chest, and occasionally kissing him?

I picked it up solely for the title and the Kindle sale, and thought it would be more along the lines of Jemima J. or Bridget Jones' Diary. There's quite a bit of that here, and those are the interest
Suzanne
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Wonderful depiction of Copenhagen and Danish culture. A sweet souffle.
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2018 has so far been fabulous in terms of some of the books I have been reading and at the time of writing its only been 13 days into the year! The Little Cafe in Copenhagen is another book that all I want to do is tell you to buy it and read it.

This is a warm hug of a book that wrapped me up so tightly on a cold winters day and wouldn't let me go with its undeniable brilliance, and look at Hygge and just what it means.

I'll admit what drew me to this wonderful story initially was the cover, th
Alison Winter
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally amazing, was hooked from the beginning all the way through.
Nicki
I loved this book and I’m so glad I saw the tweet for a NetGalley copy on Boxing Day. This is one of those books that made me smile every time I picked it up, because I felt like I was meeting up with old friends.

I really liked Kate and was rooting for her the whole time, she felt like someone I would enjoy be friends with. All the characters Kate came in to contact with felt real and so did the situations she found herself in.

The city break that Kate goes on in Copenhagen is great fun with lots
Amanda
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable easy read. It started in typical chick lit fashion but soon changed into a 'school trip for journalists', which was witty as well as giving interesting facts about Copenhagen. I look forward to more by this author.
Theresa
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books
I Loved this book have fallen in love with copenhagen! I loved the storyline couldn't stop reading this book loved the characters.
Claire Watson
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Little Cafe in Copenhagen is a fabulous book. Full of great characters, especially Kate and Eva. The story develops well and I found myself totally drawn in from the first page.

This is the first book I’ve read by this author and after a couple of chapters I knew I would want to read more by her. The book is full of romance, happiness and warmth and the descriptions transport you instantly to Copenhagen.

This book is the perfect read to accompany a cuppa and a comfy sofa. Embrace the concept
Leigh
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The Little Cafe in Copenhagen is written in first person with an easy to read style of writing. The chapters are quite short, which helped me speed through this book. The book can be quite descriptive with the steamy scenes - which may be a little bit off pointing for some readers. But I didn't mind it, it's described in detail, but it's more about the desire and the stirrings of love, not so much the act.

The book centres around Kate - who works in PR. She is denied a promotion - one which she h
Pattie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had fun reading this book...I enjoyed the story, the characters, etc and I hated to see it end!
C
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this cute book in a charity shop at the start of summer, how has it taken me this long to finally be in the mood to read it?!

This novel is heart-warming, sweet and funny. If you do not know what Hygge (hoo-ga pronunciation apparently) is then be sure you will learn a lot about Danish life and how Hygge is an important aspect of Denmark’s culture!

Hygge to sum up encourages you to drink tea, eat chocolate, make pastries, cosy up next to a fire with a good book with lots of lamps and light
Lisa Whittaker
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first in this series of books and it didn’t disappoint. Having already read The Little Brooklyn Bakery after not realising it was part of a series, it was nice to meet Sophie again although she is not the focus in this story.

Kate works for a top PR company in London and after losing out on a promotion to her ex, Josh, she is given, at the last minute, a chance to secure a deal in advertising a new Danish store that is set to open in London.

She is given the task of taking six journalists to
Michael Cayley
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: general-fiction
A delightful romp. Workaholic Kate, who works for a PR agency, is beaten to promotion by her obnoxious ex-boyfriend, but unexpectedly secures a contract for her firm with a Dane who wants to open a lifestyle home and furnishings store in London. As part of the deal, she has to take a party of journalists to Copenhagen. Interspersed with hilarious incidents of six reporters behaving badly are loving encounters with Danish food, descriptions of Copenhagen, and a burgeoning romance seasoned with ma ...more
Jeanie
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous warm and witty

This is my first time reading anything by this author
It's a real warm feel good factor book
Kate keeps you mesmerized through out the book life at times is a bit of a struggle but she knows what she wants
Copenhagen is such a beautiful city how could you not fall in love
Bùt is it the right man!!.
Sarah-Beth
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars mainly cos I have just been to Copenhagen and it reminded me of places I had visited.
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

-sits swooning at the book cover-.

Oh, sorry. Will my swooning not count as a review? Fiiiiinnnneeeee!!

I’m sure you will agree with me that this cover is rather pretty, right? Thankfully, the story behind the cover is just as pretty, which makes Julie Caplin’s novel, in my eyes, the complete package.

People often say that the only person you can trust is yourself. Unfortunately for Kate Sinclair, I don’t think she got tha
Ukgardenfiend
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books-read
If hygge is an adjective can you write in a hyggerly way? or is it hyggerich? If so, then this book does it.Gentle and warm style.
I loved the scene where Conrad gets locked in a wine cellar - could just imagine it happening...
The press tour concept really gives the reader a good tourist guide view of what to see and do in Copenhagen.
But I must say that if I ever stay in a 5 star hotel I would expect them to be able to loan me a phone charger...

Emma Crowley
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
So here we are with another 'café' book and a girl running away from it all, setting up a café and finding happiness. Well that's what you would think judging the cover and blurb, right? That was my first impression anyway as I have read so many books recently in a similar vein. Thankfully this was not the case at all and I was pleasantly surprised how different this book was, The Little Café in Copenhagen is certainly a book that stands out from all the rest and I loved every minute of it. Ther ...more
theresa 🌸🥑
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
this book was such a pleasant surprise!it was cute but not cutesy,emotional but not over the top and very very hygge.☺made me feel all warm and cosy and i can’t wait to pick the second book,which is going to be about my sweet sweet Sophie💕 ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Though I try so hard not to request egalleys that are later books in a series, sometimes I fuck up. I requested the third book in this series thinking it was a standalone. Whoops. Book research fail. Often when I make this mistake, I end up disliking the first book when I try to read it and just whomp whomping off, so I was annoyed that none of the libraries I can access had it and I had to buy the ebook. But hey Mikey, she liked it.

The Little Café in Copenhagen hits some great high notes though
Emma
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
As with the Little Bakery in Brooklyn and the Little Patisserie in Paris, I was enchanted with the Little Cafe in Copenhagen, I am so pleased it was both the last book I read in 2018 and the first book I read in 2019. And before you make assumptions, enjoying the pages of this book was the perfect way to spend Old years night so wah!

And I am also proud to admit I am a Hygge convert 100% :p

As with the other two books in the trilogy, Julie Caplins tone s warm and she weaves a wonderful story - i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Sternschnuppen
  • Entblößt (Colours of Love, #2)
  • Spring Beginnings (Millie Vanilla's Cupcake Cafe, #1)
  • Falling Is Like This
  • One Christmas Kiss in Notting Hill
  • The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop
  • Der Venuspakt (Licht & Schatten, #1)
  • Für die Krone (Magierdämmerung, #1)
  • Die Tuchvilla
  • Summer at Hope Meadows (Hope Meadows, #1)
  • Summer at Skylark Farm
  • Todesmärchen (Maarten S. Sneijder, #3)
  • Becoming Scarlett
  • Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink (Pilgrims, #1)
  • The Holiday Cottage by the Sea
  • Christmas on Primrose Hill
  • Moonlight in Odessa
  • Julia's Child

Romantic Escapes (5 books)
  • The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)
  • The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)
  • The Secret Cove in Croatia (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)
“Being a teacher seemed to involve carting around an awful lot of stuff.” 1 likes
“PR people?’ He spat the P out and groaned the R.” 0 likes