Start by marking “Honeymoon in Italy: Before the Otto Viti Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Honeymoon in Italy: Before the Otto Viti Mysteries

Honeymoon in Italy: Before the Otto Viti Mysteries

(Otto Viti Mysteries #0)

Not all Otto Viti stories are about dead bodies…

When Jill D'Angelo agrees to join her two sisters on an Italian vacation, she only hopes the three of them can go the whole week without driving each other crazy. Little does she know that the getaway will be full of traveling mishaps and uncovered family secrets. But the biggest surprise of all?

Meeting Nico.

(Before the
Published April 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Honeymoon in Italy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honeymoon in Italy

Start your review of Honeymoon in Italy: Before the Otto Viti Mysteries
Ginger Pollard
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ginger Pollard

I was gifted a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed this little trip to Italy with three sisters whose parents had died five years earlier. Instead of mourning the death of their parents they decided to celebrate the honeymoon their parents had taken about 30 years ago. I felt like I was right there in Italy with them! It's a fast moving story, and a good story about sisterhood. Highly recommend!
Margaret Watkins
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honeymoon in Italy is a heart-warming tale of three sisters retracing their parents' honeymoon some 29 years earlier. Each one of them is struggling with their parents' accidental death in their own way, but none of them have moved forward and are still stuck in the cycle of grief. The story clearly depicts the typical characteristics of the oldest, middle and youngest child as they plan and set out on their journey of discovery. When all of Stella's meticulously well made plans go into ...more
Judith Levis
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book for my honest review. The premise of the book was wonderful - three sisters visiting places in Italy where their now deceased parents had honeymooned. The three sisters - Jill, Holly and Stella - were very different, but this trip helped them know each other much better and also enabled each sister to be stronger, braver and eventually able to plan their futures with integrity and love. The sisters' greatest gift was learning more about their parents, feeling closer to them, ...more
Nancy Dickerson
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a good read. The description of the countryside encouraged me to ask my grandson about what he saw while he was in Italy. The plot was neat and the idea of the three sisters getting to know more about each other and learning to accept each other made me wish (again) that I had had a sister. But who knows, maybe I have cousins who would love to hike around a country like Italy. It amazes me that so many people speak English in other countries since so few of us here in America speak ...more
Carlin
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle
Delightful story. This is billed as a pre- Otto Viti mysteries novella and was a perfect way to introduce the three D'Angelo sisters, Stella, Jill and Holly and their grandfather Aldo who has a vineyard and winery in Otto Viti, a small town in California. Their parents had died in a boating accident 5 years before and to honor their memory the sisters decide to retrace their honeymoon in Italy. Stella had found their mother's scrapbook about the trip and they decide to visit three of the ...more
L.S.
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
When is a honeymoon in Italy not a honeymoon?
When three twenty-something sisters take a trip to Italy five years after their parents' deaths to follow that same honeymoon trail taken 30 years before.
Starting in Vernazza, then on to Florence and Rome, the three women learn new things about themselves, their relationship with each other, as well as a few secrets about their parents.
An enjoyable read, with humour, sibling rivalry, great scenery and a real sense of family, where the motto is to
Judy
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of those light and easy books that are so much fun because they describe an almost ideal trip to Italy (just a bit short) and the interactions of 3 sisters as they retrace the steps of their deceased parents' honeymoon. I enjoyed the descriptions of the places in Italy, and the interactions between the three very different sisters. And then there's a sweet little romance to cap it off. Apparently this is the prequel to a series of cozy mysteries set in a vineyard in California owned ...more
Suzanne Pixley
Honeymoon in Italy

Enjoyable read about three sisters who after their parents death find a scrapbook covering their parents honeymoon in Italy. Financed by their winery owner Grandfather who was born in Italy, they leave their individual lives in California to spend a week together tracing their parents footsteps. The trip reveals long held family secrets and brings new bonds between the sisters as well as changes to each of their futures. Easy, quick entertaining read.
Diosdada Cajiuat
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is rare to find a book that is clean , wholesome and fun to read like "Honeymoon in Italy".

The family dynamic illustrated in the book is nostalgic. I also enjoyed the description of the places in the story, as well as the clean romantic aspect of the book.
I would recommend this book to my friends and family. I am looking forward to reading other books in the series.
Kathryn Gregor
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun and interesting

A quick read, keeps moving at a nice pace. Light hearted, but thoughtful too. Everyone can relate to at least one of the sisters. Many questions were left unanswered, a great way to move into the next story. If you want a quick fun get away for a few hours, this is the book for you.
Anne Turnley
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Retracing the honeymoon?

Three sisters decide to spend a week in Italy visiting cities from their dead parents honeymoon. Lots of surprises in store for them as they locate the post office boxes their mother rented. The unattached sister is attracted to an clay wine shop owner they meet. Each of the sisters learns something about themselves.
Jane
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Five years ago, Jill D’Angelo lost her parents in a boating accident. This year, Jill and her sisters decide to take a trip to Italy to commemorate the five-year anniversary of their parents’ death.
Instead of mourning them, the sisters decide to celebrate their parents’ honeymoon after discovering a scrapbook their parents made of their honeymoon in Italy 30 years ago. A fun read
Carol Hatch
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Short but rather sweet

I needed a lightweight read following a complicated historical fiction, and this fit the bill. Kind of like lemon sorbet after a large entree. The characters were likable, the storyline made for easy reading, and the locales brought back fond memories of past travels in Italy. If possible, I would give it three and a half stars for the memories alone.
Kemya Scott
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good rom-com-drama with glorious imagery

I enjoyed meeting this trio of sisters. I immediately felt a kinship to Holly and her POV. The story started out a wee bit slow, but now it all makes sense. At times I felt like I was walking in Italy, deep in conversation alongside these ladies. A fun ride, I want to read more of their story!
B. Cervero
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Italy

Absolutely loved this book. I got to remember all those places in Italy that I visited. The story was exciting and I could not wait to read it. I was sorry it ended. I wanted it to go on so I could find out about the sister Jill and what happened to her.
Louise Clarke Stone
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Touring memories

What a wonderful visit. The atmosphere, journeys by train, biking, walking, biking, dining, and being family is something of life that is precious. Thank you to the author for a wonderful vacation.
Cheryl Askew
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely tale of sisters

Charming story of sisters and their ability to deal with their parents deaths, figuring out life and grow closer to each other. Quick and easy, and fun to revisit Italy through their eyes.
Colleen Hendrix
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful italy and a love story

I dont often give five star ratings. This may be the first. This story is well written and includes a mystery, a love story and travel advice! No sex. No foul language. No violence. I loved it.
Margaretta E. Scully
Really enjoyed this light book. I have been to the area and brought back memories.

I really enjoyed this light story. Have been there and brought back memories. Will continue to read Jen Carter's books.
Catherine
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable read

Really enjoyed this book about the importance of family, dealing with grief & taking risks for love. 3 sisters spend a wonderful week in Italy reconnecting with other following the death of their parents.
Lillian Casciano
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honeymoon in Italy

Enjoyed this book very much! I love novels about families, but this one made me remember when I was in Rome with my husband back in the 90's. We had a great time and just brought back all of the wonderful memories of our trip.
Maura Flood
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and engaging

I enjoyed this book because it makes the three very different sisters come to life. All of the characters are interesting and the story is engaging. The descriptions of Italian cities and sites, and the sweet romance, add richness to this tale.
Carol Feller
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A trio of sisters

This was a fun book, and held my interest. Wanted to give five stars but the ending was rushed and more detail to finish it up would have helped. Consider it a four and a half. I would recommend to anyone looking for a light summer read.
Sheryl Rocke
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read for sisters

I liked the inter action of the sisters. Good to read a story where no one got sick, no one broke up the family, and no one was murdered. Looking forward to more.

Nicole Normand
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from the author via AXP; this is my honest review.
An absolute delight to read.
Remarkable descriptions of the country (Italy): buildings, places to see, etc.
Good development in the romance; good, slow, and believable growth in the sisters' bonding.
Pick-up your book today!
Nina Sonner
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heart Warming

Jen Carter has written a heart warming novel with wonderful description of the countryside and way of life in Italy with loving characters who search to understand their being and happiness.
Frances L. Ehrig
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Trip To Remember

A most pleasant read! Sisters plan a trip to Italy to revisit their parents' honeymoon destinations as a tribute to the deceased parents. Italy is lovely and our heroine Jill meets Nico. What will be their conclusion. Tune in!
Holly Kailani
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute easy read

I liked that it seemed a realistic portrayal of sisters - not all sweetness and light, but sometimes snippy and petty. The flaw, for me, was making such a big deal of the post office boxes but not following through.
Bette Lentz
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sisters discovered their roots

Following the path of their dead parents honeymoon, the sisters are drawn together, but not for the best. They discover themselves and each other. Lovely trip through Italy.
Sheila Penwell
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book immensely. It is about 3 sisters that celebrate their parents anniversary 5 years after their death by using an itinerary from their parents scrapbook. This book has mystery, romance and the bonding of sisters. Very good book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Second Chance at Christmas Inn: A Sweet Small Town Christmas Romance (Love Tries Again Book 3)
  • Breakfast at the Beach House Hotel (Beach House Hotel #1)
  • Christmas at the Lakeside Resort (Lakeside Resort #1)
  • The Apple of My Eye
  • The Bend in Redwood Road (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Auld Acquaintance (Prime Time #1)
  • The Letter (Comfort Crossing #3)
  • Women Within
  • Unexpected (Bittersweet Book 2)
  • The Secrets Mothers Keep
  • As Deep As The Ocean (Vaquita Beach #1)
  • Restoration (Golden Beach #1)
  • Lighthouse Reef (Pelican Pointe, #4)
  • Mistletoe at Moonglow (Moonglow Christmas, #1)
  • The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • The Book Club
  • The Color of the Season (The Color of Heaven Series #7)
Jen is a teacher and writer who loves writing for both children and adults, including the Sarafina Series for school-aged children and the new Otto Viti Mystery Series for adults. She lives with her beautiful family in the San Diego area. In her free time, she enjoys running, practicing yoga, and reading.

Otto Viti Mysteries (2 books)
  • Must Be Murder (The Otto Viti Mysteries Book 1)