Start by marking “Nickel (Fallen Lords MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nickel (Fallen Lords MC, #1)

Nickel (Fallen Lords MC #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  743 Ratings  ·  178 Reviews
Simple. Neat. Orderly.

A place for everything, and everything in its place.

Karmen Handel’s life growing up had been anything but quiet and simple. A deadbeat father, a mother who never wanted her, and a grandmother who could care less were the perfect recipe to ensure Karmen built a wall around herself and never let anyone in. When her past comes back to haunt her, Karmen h
ebook, 1st. Edition, 300 pages
Published July 29th 2017 by Snowflake Publications

To ask other readers questions about Nickel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nickel

Barbara➰
Loved, loved, loved Nickel! He was a great hero. He did everything right in my book.

Karmen was a pain in the ass. At first, I thought she was the type of heroine I love...sweet, shy and awkward. And while she was all those things, after a while her self-deprecation and doubts just grated on my nerves. She was constantly trying to push Nickel away because she couldn't see what he saw in her. I was ready to take her and shake the shit out of her. Everything he did showed her he was all about her.
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
attention.

There are a few solid sex scenes that come relatively fast but were hot.

The bad….there was a lot for me.  I didn’t fall in love with Nickel’s alpha side.  It totally rubbed me the wrong way. One minute, he is a sweet charming guy and then he is yelling at some guy because he tripped on their blanket while they were maki
Katiria
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** Review Nickel: Fallen Lords M.C on La Jersey Chika Reads Indie Books ***

*** I received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review, thank you so much to Winter Travers for the opportunity to read and review Nickel (Fallen Lords M.C. Series, Book 1)! ***

This is actually the first time I have read a book by Winter Travers and it won't be my last, I really like and enjoy Nickel a lot, I didn't love it per say. But I thoroughly like and enjoy
XxTainaxX
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Audiobook review. Couldn’t really connect with the characters. Not my kind of alpha with some very exaggerated reactions to simple situations. Not my kind of heroine with some annoying characteristics.

The plot was ok but it didn’t really move me. I was more interested in the secondary characters.

Narrators did well. Good tone and fluctuations.
Fatimama
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Badass biker hero meets his dream girl and pursues her for a year. I didn’t notice any mention of ow so I would assume Hero was celibate since he met the heroine. I liked the writing and the story better than Loving Lo (Winter Travers’ more popular MC book).
Nicla
3.75

Low angst, hot, fun, sweet MC romance. Great hero who knew what he wanted and a sweet heroine. Definitely want to read more of this series.

(view spoiler)

HEA (view spoiler)
Tpagirl
Nickel was the first book in Winter Travers Fallen Lord’s MC series.

Nickel was a patched member of the Fallen Lord’s MC. He was close to his grandmother who was in a nursing home. He lusted after his grandmother’s nurse, Karmen, for a year until she finally agreed to go out with him. Nickel was a typical gorgeous, protective and confident alpha that wasn’t afraid to ask for or take what he wanted.

Karmen had very few people in life who she counted on. Her mom left her young, her dad was in prison
ValerieC
3.5 Stars

Cute story, but with just enough suspense to make it interesting and believable. HEA.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Sweet and innocent meets ruthless and wild."

I've been wanting to read this author for a while. I've got several of her books waiting on my kindle, but I decided to start with Nickel since it was the beginning of her new Fallen Lords MC series. Yeah, I admit I'm addicted to MC Romance, I can't resist a badass biker.

Karmen is a sweet likable character who tends to spend too much time in her own head. After getting to know her, I can totally understand her tendency to compartmentalize everythin
Crystal
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Title: Nickel
Author: Winter Travers
Genre: Contemporary Romance
**RECEIVED ARC FOR HONEST REVIEW**

Let me preface my review by saying I have loved Winter Travers works since the first time I began reading her books. Nickel is no different. I did enjoy it. But...

Okay, the book really was in need of better proofing. I know we all make grammatical mistakes. We misspell words, leave words out, add an extra word, and so on. When I have to constantly stop and re-read a sentence to see if the sentence is
Kylee
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a huge lover of MC romances Nickel ticked all the boxes for me. Nickel is the hot alpha biker who has been chasing Karmen, the quiet, reserved and shy nurse from the nursing home his grandmother is at for the past year. Once Karmen takes the biggest leap of her life and gives this outlaw a chance her life takes a whole different turn. This first book in this series will have you falling in love with not only Karmen and Nickel but all the men of the Fallen Lords MC. Their story has just the ri ...more
Deb B
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
this is a cute little love story. not too much angst. an insecure female who comes into her own because of the love, support and protectiveness of her big bad biker. very easy read, very fast paced
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
☆☆☆☆1/2

~Lynzi

Man oh man!!

I don't read nearly enough MCs and this one has me wanting to go an on MC binge. I think I just might do that.

Karmen didn't have much in life, much less a life she was happy with. Once she was old enough to be on her own, she did what she had to do to make sure she was in control. She made sure she had stability and lived her life how she wanted. She had a job she loved and a best friend she couldn't live without. And a man, is never something she wanted or would even le
GypsyBelle
4.5 stars!!! Winter, Winter, Winter you lyric gangster you. You just BOOM blew my mind. This was a great and perfect start to a new MC series. It has it all , smoking hot male, sexy female, drama, tension, sex, more drama, climax and HAPPY ever after! And then the peek into the next books and OMG , I need that book like now! No really now woman!! But this was a fantastic read, and a great start to another mind blown series from Winter Travers.
Reviewed by GypsyBelle

description
Erin
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
4.5 Stars

I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

This author's books I have loved from the first book and every book since then. This one was no different.

Karmen Handel had a crappy childhood. Her mother left and her father is in prison. She then had to go live with her grandmother who was not the most affectionate person. So she grew up thinking she wasn't anything special and kept everyone out. The only person she let in was her best friend Nikki.
Now she works at an old age home and her life
Brandy Roberts
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love everything that Winter Travers writs she just creates stories that will be a page turner and draw you right in and not stop till you are completely done and wanting more . Karmen is a great heroine she's shy but once she lets her freak flag fly she becomes hilarious and I love her relationship with her bestie its perfect cant wait to read her story . Nickel is awesome adored everything about his gruffly/ alpha self . They were made for one another they just fit and make each other see thems ...more
Mandy Saial
Nickel is a member of the Fallen Lords MC , they are a bunch of lady loving ,licker drinking ,Rowdy SOB's and cross them or their families and they're ruthless , but all Nickel seems to want is one chance in the sack with the nurse taking care of his loved one.
Once he gets to know Karmen and realizes she's in imminent danger will he stick around for just her safety or a chance at real love ?
I loved the first book in the Fallen Lord's series . Nickel was the total Biker package of major hotness
Vera M
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter Travers creates such fantastic alpha men!!
Nickel is no exception !! Nickel is the Sergeant at Arms for the Fallen Lords MC. He knows what he wants and he goes after it!! He wants Karmen.
Karmen is a shy, quiet and lonely girl. Not having many friends due to trust issues. Karmen is also Nickel's grandmothers nurse.
After a year Nickel loses his patience and finally asks Karmen out.
Karmen does not give in easily. The whole trust thing comes into affect. Karmen has issues and self doubt tha
Beyond The Covers Blog
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maryann
This is my first Winter travers book yes i'm a newbie but Nickels book make me question what have I been thinking that I have never read a Winter Travers book before.
Nickel is everything any women could want truth be told I want him. He's protective, confident, and down right sinful looking. He's a member of the Fallen Lord MC's and is use to getting what he wants, and right now all he wants is his Grandmothers nurse Karmen.
Karmen has a hard time trusting people ever since her mother left her,
Denise Van plew
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I come across this author for the first time and wanted to dive in to see how this one goes. Reading more MC novels lately these characters caught my eye. I wanted to see what Nickel was all about with her on my radar also. Karmen is a bit different than most you read in this role but she does have his eye. I find though he is the one that sinks into me getting me in deep to his story. His heart is huge but he is a man that is all that too. He does have to be persistent with curiosity getting th ...more
Gloria: Little Shop of Readers
This is my first book I have read by Winter Travers and it wont be my last. Karmen is a nurse and meets Nickel at the Nursing Home where she works. He has been visiting his grandmother for a year now and trys to get Karmen to see him. But Karmen is shy and reserved. Finally, Nickel asks her to join him at an event and she says yes. Nickel is a sweet, alpha male who helps Karmen out of her shell and through his love gives her the courage to open up and be herself. I love the funny banter between ...more
Ashley
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my favorite book by Travers. There isn't too much haracter development for the hero (Nickel) of the story. We need more backstory and why he does the things he does in this story to connect to him. I also found that there were just too much advanced in this arc. As in there were so many grammar and spelling mishaps that I honestly had to stop to figure out some things. Overall I did enjoy the plot and the heroine. And I also look forward to reading more about these MC.

I received an arc of th
Lisa books
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Arc from author. Book 1 in this hot new mc romance series. This book is perfect if you don't usually read mc romance books. This one leave out some of the gritty side that other mc books do. But it has great alpha bikers that are tough but are protective an real men like all the author's leading men. Nickel and Karma doesn't look like the perfect couple but they work and makes for a great book. Looking forward to seeing what comes next with this series
Paula
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker
I didn't expect it to be so good. I thought that the h was going to fight her feelings for the H until the end, but it wasn't like that. If you like biker's books, read it.
JudyB
Nov 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-2017, dnf, mc-club
DNF @ 25%
Stacy
Oh boy, what a great book. I have been seriously missing out on the MC genre, Winter Travers has seated herself in the top 5 of favorite MC authors. She has a phenomenal way of telling a story. And the characters. Wow, just wow!

While I don't normally read MC books, I had to read this one. Why, you ask? Because of the Nickel and his alpha ways. That man is sin in motorcycle boots. He's fine as heck and super domineering. Karmen was one lucky girl.

I am glad that I gave this author a chance, and y
Chrizzary
Vera Quinn
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow!

I love Karmen and Nickel!! Opposites do attract but they don't always make sense! Quick wit, bantering between the two and an attraction that sizzles. Loved every word. Can't wait for the next book.
Shari Kay
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as not-for-me
May skip entire series due to triggers in book 2 and the subsequent lack of trust in the author's future books I now have. Shame.
Winter Travers is a devoted wife, mother, and aunt turned author who was born and raised in Wisconsin. After a brief stint in South Carolina following her heart to chase the man who is now her hubby, they retreated back up North to the changing seasons, and to the place they now call home.
Winter spends her days writing happily ever afters, and her nights zipping around on her forklift at work. She
More about Winter Travers

Fallen Lords MC (3 books)
  • Pipe (Fallen Lords MC, #2)
  • Maniac (Fallen Lords MC, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Seeing my father behind a thick glass wall in an orange jumpsuit was hammering it home, that life as I knew it was about to change. A tear I had been holding in streaked down my face and landed on the small ledge in front of me.” 0 likes