Start by marking “The Beautician's Notebook” as Want to Read:
The Beautician's Notebook

The Beautician's Notebook

WHEN WILLA JO TEMPLE IS FOUND STABBED THROUGH THE HEART ON THE FLOOR OF HER BEAUTY SHOP, THE GOOD FOLK OF SUMMERSET, NC ARE SENT INTO A TIZZY.

It’s up to her ex-husband, Sheriff Tal Hicks, to investigate. Evidence points to four possible suspects: Willa Jo’s business partner; a town socialite; a preacher’s wife; and Willa Jo’s live-in lover.

Willa Jo kept a notebook cont
Kindle Edition
Published April 12th 2017 by Moonshine Cove Publishing, LLC

Start your review of The Beautician's Notebook
Amy Bruno
Jul 07, 2017 marked it as wishlist
Available for #Review: THE BEAUTICIAN'S NOTEBOOK by Anne Barnhill

Email bookjunkiepromotions@gmail.com or send a DM to reserve your copy!

“What a treat! Anne Clinard Barnhill has penned a mystery with heart and soul. Her characters are so likeable — even lovable — that I hated to think of any of them guilty of a heinous crime . . . despite their many motives. An intriguing and heartwarming novel.”—Diane Chamberlain, NYT bestselling author of The Silent Sister.

#bookbloggers #mystery #amreading #bo
Sicillia
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Beautician's Notebook is a beautiful, fun book. It is a story about the love between mothers and daughter, fathers and sons, loss, and forgiveness. When Willa Jo is found dead in her beautician's shop, the investigation begins. Willa had a notebook that holds secrets of the lives told to her by her clients. That notebook is missing. Did one of these clients kill Willa Jo, or was her death a tragic accident?
Willa Jo may be gone, but her presence is felt throughout the book. It is as if she i
Cindi Reardon
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Beautiful Story

Just loved this story.....it's 2:00a.m. and I could not sleep till I finished it. Each character remarkable and true. I want to be friends with them. Thank you Anne.
Amy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
The Beautician's Notebook is quite different from the other books I usually read. To be honest, the language in the beginning made me not want to continue on. (Which is a personal preference for me and many others probably would not be too bothered by it.) It was a little excessive at first but it did tone down a bit. I am so glad I kept on reading. I would have missed out on a great story! I was intrigued by what secrets were going to be revealed next in Willa Jo's notebook. It was fascinating ...more
Isley Forrester
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely got engrossed in this book! Mrs. Barnhill was my high school English teacher so it was an extra special bonus to read her book! I already sent her a note that she must write a sequel so we know more about the new lives of the characters! Mrs. Barnhill, you get an A+!!!
Lelia Taylor
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nobody collects secrets quite like a beautician and Willa Jo might have been planning to spill those secrets so, when she's found dead, there are plenty of reasons and suspects if, in fact, she was murdered. This is not going to be an easy one for Sheriff Tal Hicks, investigating the death of the ex-wife he never stopped loving, but the real story is how the townsfolk come to terms with those secrets and with life and death in a small town.

Tal's investigation is important, of course, and there a
Antoinette
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Willa Jo Temple is found dead on the floor of her beauty shop and it's up to her ex-husband, Sheriff Tal Hicks, to investigate. The discovery of Willa Jo's notebook throws suspicion on most of the folks in the small North Carolina seaside town where she lived. The characters are interesting and likable and the plot moves fast. It's a treat.
lerene brantley
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely read....

Relationships and their complications...
Setting of Holden Beach NC used for the story. Easy to read and one you don’t want to put down. So glad to have heard about this book!
Erin Cashman
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful book! The plot had plenty of twists, and the characters were wonderful! I loved the entire community of Summerset. If you’re looking for a charming, heartwarming story with characters you grow to love, this is the book for you!

Richard D Cook
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I love this book as I love Holden Beach. A story of strong independent women and set on a most beautiful beach. I enjoyed every minute of their story. The only bad part was that I'm finished.
Pamela Bellina
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely “beach” read

Beautifully written. Loved all of the characters in the story and living here, where the book takes place, made it special!
Anne Cashion
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Did not love this book but it was good for light reading through the holidays. You can totally guess what is going to happen next... :)
Kathleen Jones
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tal Hicks, the sheriff of a small town in North Carolina, still carries a torch for his ex-wife, Willa Jo Temple, but finds himself investigating her death when her body is found on the floor of her beauty shop. During the investigation, he becomes aware of a notebook that Willa Jo kept, which contains secret information on many of the town's residents. Gradually, as the secrets in Willa Jo's notebook are revealed, her former customers and friends are forced to deal with the no-longer secret sto ...more
Jane Britt
Nov 30, 2018

• Valentine
  • Oona Out of Order
  • Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit
  • Lowcountry Book Club (Liz Talbot Mystery #5)
  • Good Morning, Midnight
  • The Star and the Shamrock
  • Wildland
  • The Playground
  • 28 Summers
  • The Anthology Part 1 Limited Edition
  • Can I Give My Husband Back?
  • The Anthology, Part III: Live (Limited Edition)
  • The Book of Lost Friends
  • Where the Lost Wander
  • The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon
  • Slightly South of Simple (Peachtree Bluff #1)
  • A Week at the Shore
  • We Must Be Brave
Anne Cli­nard Barn­hill has been writ­ing or dream­ing of writ­ing for most of her life. For the past twenty years, she has pub­lished arti­cles, book and the­ater reviews, poetry, and short sto­ries. Her first book, AT HOME IN THE LAND OF OZ, recalls what it was like grow­ing up with an autis­tic sis­ter. Her work has won var­i­ous awards and grants. Barn­hill holds an M.F.A. in Cre­ative Writ­in ...more

News & Interviews