Start by marking “Between Brothers (The Sacred Brotherhood #4)” as Want to Read:
Between Brothers (The Sacred Brotherhood #4)

Between Brothers (The Sacred Brotherhood #4)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  407 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Reckless, dangerous, and out of control; these are the words most often applied to the SHMC’s brother Duracell. Which is why no one can understand what the deal is between him and Blue. Blue is none of those things; if anything he’s quiet, shy, and as mild-mannered as they come. There’s no balance between these two yet they are inexplicably a team. Then Blue gets a single ...more
Published May 9th 2017 by Second Circle Press (first published May 6th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Between Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Brothers

Bev
May 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Daniela
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: biker-romance
As my rating states I really liked it but at the same time I had difficulties with it. Firstly, I would have liked to have had more background about Cell. I tried really hard but I just couldn't like him very much. I especially didn't like the way he treated Blue and at times Hayley. Bottom line he just wasn't a very likable character. With that said it doesn't mean I liked what happened with him but it was inevitable and he thought so too. As many have stated and I agree - this wasn't an MC sto ...more
Sivutha
So it's a 3.5 stars for me.

Reasons are:
-I can't relate to the characters
-There were no back stories
-I kind of knew it will end that way

Hayley is quiet girl who kept things to herself due to how she was treated when she was younger.

Cell....we don't get a back story to why he was intense and super scary.

Blue is very quiet and often depends on Cell.

I thought it would between two brothers sharing Hayley but...
Melanie
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok so first off, I was so looking forward to this book. I have loved Blue’s character since we first met him. I know he was silent, but I think it was how he was with Dani that really got me liking him. Then to see the weird little interactions with Cell got me to thinking there was going to be some deep and intense, complicated thing between them, but I feel that while Cell must have had some sort of feelings for Blue; he was with him after all, he basically treated Blue like a controlled spous ...more
Tamika Barrett
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I started this book when I got home from work and had dinner about 10:30pm and not it after 2 in the morning and I've just finished it. I absolutely couldn't put it down and I have to leave for work in 2 hours since I also work early mornings. I gave the book a rating of 4 but I am not sure if I should have given it a 1. Let me tell you this book took me down a emotional rollercoaster which I suppose is the point of a good story but I am absolutely devastated by the turn of events that this book ...more
Trudy Dowling
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cheese on a Cracker!!! I didn't see that coming!! What, might you ask. You will have to read Between Brothers to find out--so good, so much tension, so much frustration, so much love, so much everything...

As a Sacred Brotherhood addict I have been curious about Blue and Cell's relationship for many many pages. Is it a Friendship? Is it sexual? Are they gay? Are they in love? Have they shared a woman in the past? Why doesn't' Blue talk? What does Cell have on Blue? Why is Hayley so importan
Rea Dowd
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bloody brilliant!!

I have spent that past four days whizzing through this series and I have loved every second of it! I adored this story and as with all your books think its fabulous! This is the first review I am writing for one of your books not because I don't think you're other books are worth it, its just that I'm not confident with my words, that being said I felt the need to let you know that this wonderful story took me away from the rubbish reality that is my life if only just for a few
Ildanoch
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mc
I am very torn about this book. Well written. Less drama than the other books which I miss but fits the direction the MC has taken. I liked the relationships. I would have liked more depth. Why were the characters the way they were. Some hints here and there but not quite enough. I didn't feel as involved in the characters and story. Like looking through a window. Not part of the emotion.

*** slightly spoilery***

In a previous book, when a sociopathic character "died" I sobbed and had to stop read
Nia
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did not expect that! This book is not your ordinary biker Mc novel. This author is amazing in the way that she wrote this book and while I was reading it, I didn't even realise the characters had worked their way in to my heart. I was angry, confused, sad and by the end I was happy. Its the type of book that doesn't need all the drama of rival mc's fighting or leading female's needing someone to save her! It was just simple in it being mainly about them and their journey. Their love is not nom ...more
Deb B
Shelves: favorites
although it is part of the MC world, this book is primarily a relationship story. i still have to rate it a five star read even though there were some very contentious issues. I would really have loved for there to have been more depth to Cell's backstory .. although it was hinted at, it just wasn't quite enough. this author is one of my very favourites and she is able to and not afraid to tell a dark, gritty story and this fully met the mark. there were some really OMG moments and i will admit ...more
Crystal
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this series

The Sacred Brotherhood gets better and better. Downey has a way of bringing a range of emotions from her readers. Her characters are vibrant, vivid, demanding of attention and soulful. They can make you laugh and make you cry. They are always real.

My only issue with this story was the lack of information. To be specific, Cell's backstory. Blue tells a little about himself but you don't get anything about Cell. So, when Hayley is trying to explain about loving both men it is dif
Tammy
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nancy cagle
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sacred Hearts

I have read this series sense the very beginning Shattered & Scarred: the first book in this series and I'm hopping this isn't the last book in this series I can't get enough .Blue and Cell incredible I was looking forward to this book and wasn't disappointed and Hayley she was the other half of their whole the love between theses guys was incredible can't say much more but can say have a tissue ready because your gonna need it.
By Nancy Cagle
Elize Heerden
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This story was different. There were some characters that really bothered me, and this probably does affect my rating, but so be it.
I read through a couple of reviews after finishing, to see if I was the only one. This book did not make me cry, I didn't read the previous books in this series, and still somehow caught up with everything that happened, and therefore I won't be reading the rest of the series.
I guess if you like biker books this will appeal to you.
Despina
May 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I believe an author should write a book the way, they want to write it, I also believe I do not have like what they write. Although I've loved quite a few of this authors books, every now and then she writes a book I don't like the content of. I DNF this at 39% because I had a feeling I wouldn't like how this book would end and someone else spoiled it for me and I was right, I didn't like how it ended up at the end and so I'm glad I didn't finish it.
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
MMF storyline
I have loved every book in this series. Instant one click for me. This book made me work a bit harder. Hayley, Blue and Cell's story is not always an easy one. There were moments when I was definitely angry with some characters but everything is resolved by the end. Expect tears, serious chemistry, sweetness and if you're like me a dash of anger. Definitely recommend - especially to those who love this series.
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing MC

AJ has had you guessing about cell and blue in the past couple of books and I couldn't wait to read their story this one has all the feels you want in an MC book thrown in with a little bit of MMF was one of my favorite so far of the serious cell and blue and Haley have a bumpy road the lot overcome but there is love between the three of them and this book will have you in tears and wanting more I highly recommend this book of the series
Corey Clancy
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good MC romance

I have loved all of the other books in the related series, but this one just wasn't all there for me. I felt like it was chopped up, needed more in multiple places. The story came across, and the romance happened, it was just shortened in my opinion.

I will definitely read more books from Downey and would recommend them to anyone interested in romanticized MC.
Christy
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m not going to rehash the whole deal with this book. The author went somewhere I don’t like to go and ruined a great character for me. She writes it well and I love some of the others in this series so I was bummed. It’s a definite it’s not you, it’s me kind of moment. Just nope. I’ll re read the others and pretend this was all a bad dream.
Chastity Grider
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My poor heart.....

A.J Downey, honey, you are a genius! I love every single one of your books. Goodness, you rip our hearts out and then give them back piece by piece. That was the right thing in the end for this book. I can not wait to see what is coming next! Thank you for the good, ugly cry! <3
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenge
Between Brothers

Omg tears and runny nose and just ugly cried! I had a hard time even liking Cell, but once you get past everything and that once scene....I cried so hard. Poor Blue did some bad things too and I hated that. Overall this was a good book just make sure you have tissues.
Meghann Walker
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soooo Soooo Soooo Good!!!

Omg! I feel like I waited forever for A.J. Downey to write more about The Sacred Hearts!! And I was in no way disappointed!! I knew there was something between Cell and Blue, but I could never have imagined!! This book had me laughing and crying! Perfect combo of Love and light!! Ugh! I want more of the Sacred Hearts MC!!
martha lanham
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Page Turner for sure....

Loved this book from start to finish. Lots of emotions....laughing, crying, disbelief_etc....could not put down once I started. This is a book that you won't put down. This is Not what you would expect from one of AJ's books but she rocked it out of the ballpark this time!!!
Andrea Gillan
Emotionally charged

Cell and Blue have an unconventional relationship. They care about each other and share a mutual release. But Blue needs more and that more is in the form of Hayley. The three start a relationship but it is not without its ups and downs.
Yasmin  Vasquez
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Freaking wow

This book was AWESOME I couldn't put it down yes some of it was taboo but it was beautifully written and heartfelt. I love the sacred brotherhood and Hayley was a great addition to the ol ladies. For fans of this series this is a must read!
Teryl
Louise
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great read

I couldn't put this book down. Totally exceeded all expectations, I have just finished it and already want to read it again. This is why kindle unlimited is so worth it ! I am now a huge fan of A. J. Downey.

Mary Kern
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book will make you laugh, cry, swoon and ask WTF?. It reminds me of Michigan weather when you experience all 4 seasons in one day. You fall in love with all the characters, even the one you shouldn't.
Skylar
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. My favorite. It absolutely stuck with me. I thought it was perfect. The characters, how everything played out, all made so much sense. I really love the grit Downey throws into her MC novels. Was it heartbreaking? Yep. Was it worth it? Oh yeah.
Vera Quinn
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a read!!

Between Brothers is my first time reading a book in this series but I will definitely be reading them all. This book had my emotions all over the chart. Love, hate, and rage. The flow of the story kept me reading. Loved the fresh storyline. Great job.
A.J. Downey is a born and raised Seattle, WA Native. She finds inspiration from her surroundings, through the people she meets and likely as a byproduct of way too much caffeine.

She has lived many places and done many things though mostly through her own imagination... An avid reader all of her life it's now her turn to try and give back a little, entertaining as she has been entertained. She liv

The Sacred Brotherhood (6 books)
  • Brother to Brother (The Sacred Brotherhood #1)
  • Her Brother's Keeper (The Sacred Brotherhood #2)
  • Brother in Arms (The Sacred Brotherhood #3)
  • A Brother's Secret (The Sacred Brotherhood #5)
  • A Brother At My Back (The Sacred Brotherhood #6)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)