Start by marking “Numb (King's Harlots MC, #4)” as Want to Read:
Numb (King's Harlots MC, #4)

Numb (King's Harlots #4)

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
"An unexpected evil brings both the MC and Military world together in this brand new series by J.M. Walker"

He doesn’t remember.
In the beginning, women and alcohol were one in the same. Until he met her.
The pain and heartache he caused her died when he was shot and fell into a coma.
Waking up is the only way he can get back to Maxine Stanton while she does everything she ca
Published 2017

To ask other readers questions about Numb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Numb

Christina
5 Stars - 3.5 Flames

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT READING THIS AS A STAND ALONE. YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND HALF OF WHAT'S GOING ON, NONETHELESS, THE RELATIONSHIP POV.

You know that book that you KNOW will be the death of you emotionally? The book that you've been waiting for since the very beginning. The book that, after the ending of the last one, had already brought you to your knees before you even read it. Yeah, that's this book and then some. I've gone through just about every emotion you can have whi
Renee
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Numb is the fourth book in J.M. Walker's King's Harlot MC Series. You do not want to read this book as a standalone. I think it would be to confusing. Plus the other three books are absolutely amazing and you don't need to miss them. This is different kind of series because it involves a all female MC and a group of military men. You will love every second. Numb is Max and Dale's story.

Dale has been in
Bloggers From Down Under
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Numb.....Ohh lordy....That's exactly how it's left me.
I literally have no words to give, so please bare with me.

Max and Dale. Numb. This is their story. This is their heartache. This is their voice.
Their story is nothing short of gut wrenching, heart breaking, dark, dangerous and twisted.
Max has lost. She has lost in the most unimaginable way. Darkness claims her daily. Trying to push t
Kristi Metcalf
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book

For those of you that don’t know Max, short for Maxine, and Dale let me fill you in so you are ready for Numb.
Max is the Vice-President of the Kings Harlots. She’s and Jay have been BFF’s since they were kids. She’s a artist and she’s the good one of the club.
Dale is a member of Vice-One. He’s also a man whore. When they first met, they were totally hot for each other. That is until Max told Dale she loved him and she was preggers. Dale
Tracy Ashley
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***I received this book in exchange for an honest review***

When the rest of the books in this series have revolved around the human trafficking issue, there's not too much of that in this book, although we do find out at the end who is the head of the trafficking ring is. This book focuses more on Max and Dale and their relationship and how it affects them and everyone around them. The book starts out right after Max suffers a huge loss and with Dale in a coma after taking a bullet in the head.
Mary
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I felt Max’s pain. She struggles to make sense and move forward from the loss of her baby. This is intense, all consuming and heart breaking. As she flounders, she finds herself sitting by Dale’s hospital bed while he is in a coma but when he wakes, she stays away. She can’t be hurt by him again, she knows she can’t take that added pain but she stills loves him. Dale wakes up and doesn’t remember what he did to Max. He knows she was pregnant and that they had an intense and volatile connection. ...more
Jackie Ashmead
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely amazing to read! I HIGHLY recommend reading it and the other books in this series. The struggles that Maxine and Dale go through in this book make you actually feel like you are right there experiencing it all with them. Within the first few chapters of this book it brought out so many emotions. I love reading books that make me actually feel something and suck me into them. Once I started reading this I literally couldn't set it down. I had to know what was going to hap ...more
Wendy Porter
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Max and Dales story had me in an emotional rollercoaster. This story was amazing and touched me so much. The MC and Seals stories will have you on the edge of your seat. Be prepared to cry and shout and you will need a box of tissues. I can't wait for Rust and Creena story. This is a must read series about bad boy seals and sexy hot women MC.
Kelly Hawkins Solomon
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review**

Numb is anything but Numb. I can't even begin to start with how this book makes me feel. This author knows how to provoke some of the strongest emotions from you. I am not a crier but I absolutely recommend have tissues on standby...I may or may not have shed a few tears. This is INTENSE! That is all the warning I will give you.

The light in my darkness. The innocence to my madness.

Dale and Max were pregnant. Dale was a major d-bag to Max an
Janneke Wolbers
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series!
This takes us on a emotional roller coaster with Max and Dale.
While i did get thru it without tears shed there were times that made me feel for them so bad!
Cant wait to read the next one!
Valeen Robertson
Numb. Yep that's what I was for most of Numb. And now that I'm done reading I'm still kinda numb because it was an exhausting journey that I took with Dale and Max. Numb isn't as dark or as violent as its predecessors, but it's even more emotionally draining. It's centered more on Dale and Max's relationship and less on the human trafficking aspect that the King's Harlots/Vice-One world has been dealing with in previous books. The trafficking aspect is dealt with toward the end, and a huge quest ...more
Carla
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Carla's Five Star Review

Numb is the fourth book in this series, and it is Dale and Max's story. It is not sweet and, at times, it will rip your heart right from your chest. I will warn you that this story line deals with infant loss, and it shines a light on the road that anyone dealing with grief has to travel. Tissues handy!

Numb means to deprive oneself of healing and responsiveness. Perfect name for this book because that is exac
Jennifer Scarn
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book tackles an incredibly difficult subject, one I've personally lived through. I found myself crying at times, angry and frustrated at others. Both characters are emotionally immature, Dale much more so. Considering their upbringing that's certainly no surprise so I understand it on that level. The world is full of messed up people finding their way. You're not going to find hearts and flowers and some Cinderella romance here. What you get is not just rough around the edges, it's sharp an ...more
Juli
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tina
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so looking forward this book and it didn’t disappoint me at all. That’s why I love JM Walker, books she never disappoints with the storyline.

“I only wish I could remember so I can right the wrongs I’ve caused you. I will never forgive myself. I need you. Not to forgive me. I can wait for whenever you are ready.”

I loved reading Dale and Max story. The ups and downs these two went through, is amazing they didn’t killed each other. Sometimes love is not easy at times you have to go through t
Tara The Obsessive Book Reader!
* ARC was received for an honest review!

This book definitely cannot be read as a standalone otherwise you would not have a clue of what the fudge is happening. You definitely need to start at the beginning. This series I guarantee you, you will fall in love with these characters and there stories. This author has slayed this series by bringing a female Mc and military together.

This is the moment we have been waiting for. We finally got max and Dale story. There story isn't an easy one , for on
klondikecrusher
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Max & Dale's heart wrenching journey was a mind numbing roller coaster of emotions from beginning to end! My heart broke for Max as she struggled to cope with everything that happened to her. I thought Dale was a complete jerk for the way he treated her before his accident however I couldn't help but feel for him as he learned about the lost of their baby & tried to deal with his incomplete memories and the knowledge of how badly he had hurt Max with his words & actions. The back and ...more
Tani Ross
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
numb
adjective: deprived of the power of sensation.
verb: deprive of feeling or responsiveness.

Deadened, dazed, detached, frozen

What's not to hate about Max's situation? She has loved, she was forgotten, she is a broken piece of the woman she used to be. Max carries on a brave front for everyone, but everyone else's lives are moving on to happy times, Max's are still in that hospital room with what she lost.

Dale-
He's hurt. Physically and emotional broken. He wakes up one day to realize that things
Mandy Saial
I knew that once I started Numb , there was no turning back . ...It's heartbreaking!!
It literally made me feel a sorrowful aching void for these two characters ....Numb is Right !!
Dale can't remember the wrongs he committed and Maxine has gone through an earth shattering loss all on her own, bottled all her feelings inside until she's at her breaking point .
How can these two broken souls make everything right again and start over in a loving relationship?
Is it even possible?
I at times got ins
Amo Thomson
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in this series that's had me feeling so emotional, the pain felt in this story is different from JM's others because it could happen to any one of us.

Numb~ the feeling you have when you have nothing left to give.

Love
Loss
Heartbreak
Soul shattering pain

All the things that Max & Dale go through in their journey but sometimes the outcome isn't always sweet.

This can be read as a standalone, anyone who's read the series, you can feel how the other characters in this book
Erica
Let me start by saying I absolutely adore both the series and the author, that being said what in the ever loving hell were you thinking playing with my emotions like that?
Every book in this series will give you the feels but this one takes the cake.
Max's heartbreak is unimaginable, and Dale Lord I wanted to beat him senseless.
There couldn't be a better title for this book, Numb is exactly what I wanted to feel and Max felt.
Each book in this series is better than the last, the depth of the chara
Meka Weaver
5 stars
5 flames
I loved this book in a completely gut wrenching wanting to kill everyone way. Max and Dale story was a dark and torturous ride. There love could be hurtful then steamy it did feel real. I was pulled in from the beginning. I really liked Max. Dale not so much. But slowly very slowly he won me over. Kinda. Max was strong and wounded and felt for her. I felt Max's pain and suffering. Dale gets to get through his memory loss and get through to max. This was like a rollercoaster of e
Amy Davies
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

This book is absolutely beautiful. From the pain they feel, to the love they feel. You feel Dale and Max's pain throughout the entire book. The love that is between them is shadowed by their pain. Each have their reasons but it's the one main factor that's keeps them connected. It is truly a ugly, beautiful story. Amazingly written.

I had to stop reading a few times as I couldn't see through the tears. The way you are hooked and not let go until you see them through their emotional jour
Stephanie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To start of, yes this is a standalone BUT you will not get the full effect of their situation if you don't read the other books. This book is one that I have been waiting for but knew that it was going to be painful with everything Dale has done (and didn't do) to Maxine. Again you won't get the true hurt Maxine has been through without the other books. This story has been built up through everyone else's stories and JM did not disappoint. She ripped my heart out with this one, but by the time t ...more
Jessica
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book took me on such an emotional ride. Dale and Maxine story is one of crazy trails. They go thru so much from loss, pain, hatred and of course love. The thing is I screamed and cried and laughed even held my breath till the next chapter to see what was gonna happen. The whole sreies is amazing and worth reading. This story definitely leave's you numb at times. The title is fitting. If you like books that take you on an emotional roller coaster then ONE CLICK NUMB TODAY YOU WON'T BE SORRY!
A.J. Daniels
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a different take on the usual MC novels then this is it. Seriously, you won't be disappointed but fair warning; you'll probably swear, cry, swear some more, drink, cry, and swear more. Max and Dale's story isn't a fairytale. It's real life with real life struggles, heart ache, pain, anguish, and love. This book will break you but J.M. does an awesome job of putting the pieces back together again.
Nicole Holt
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! This book my god!!!! It gives you all the feels! It will make you laugh, cry, angry and everything in between!!! Dale and Max might be one of my most favorite couples ever!!! Everything they go through is heart wrenching! It broke me so bad that I loved it!!! And that ending ohmygoodness AMAZING!!!!! JM Walker I still love/hate you!! But I love you more!! I can't wait to read more!!

I had voluntarily agreed to read this absolutely amazing book, and this was my honest review!!!
Tovah Levine
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blown away by the intensity of this book is just the icing on the cake. My heart was literally ripped out of my chest and given to the author and put on a platter along with with shedding tears. This is one powerful book and I would ing take it lightly. If you really want heart and flowers I don't recommend it. If you want something to rip your heart out then this is the book/series for you.
Penny Layne
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
F*ed up love is still love
I have been waiting for Max & Dale's story since Grit. Anyone who read it knew that it was going to be a heart-wrenching story, but I would've never thought it would lead to this. My heart had physical pain reading about these two.
Max blamed Dale for the loss of their daughter, everyone did. But it's hard to hate someone you still love, especially while they are laying in a coma. But when Dale awakens and has to be told what happened while he was out from his best f
Suzzy
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book had a lot of feels to it. many back and forths, up and downs but I loved how the story played out. these 2 characters are both stubborn as hell. but the ending..... that was very intriguing. I look forward to reading the last book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
J.M. Walker is an Amazon bestselling author who loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

"Above all, be the HEROINE of your own life..." ~ Nora Ephron
More about J.M. Walker...

King's Harlots (6 books)
  • Grit (King's Harlots MC, #1)
  • Stain (King's Harlots MC, #2)
  • Grim (King's Harlots, #2.5)
  • Rude (King's Harlots, #3)
  • Rust (King's Harlots MC, #5)