Jump to ratings and reviews

Keeper of Crows #2

Keeper of Souls

Carmen Kennedy finally feels normal. Enrolled in college, she’s making a few friends and taking life one day at a time. Her days are filled with classes, studying, and attempting to be more social, while her nights are filled with terrifying dreams. All of her nightmares have one thing in common: him. She can’t see his face, but a flash of dark feathers is all it takes to remind her of The Keeper of Crows. He isn’t supposed to be real.

There is a world that exists beneath the fabric of our own, a torturous place filled with despair. The Keeper is there; Carmen just has to find out why and if there is a way to help him leave that place. Her sanity and life will be threatened, but she can’t ignore his screams any longer.

When love exists, it doesn’t matter the distance. It finds a way to remind you.

Will love be enough to save Michael and Carmen when The Keeper of Souls stands in their way?

Kindle Edition

First published May 16, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Casey L. Bond

58 books1,338 followers
RONE Award-winning author Casey Bond lives on a rural farm in West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. She writes phoenixes – gloriously flawed and morally gray characters that fiercely rise from the ashes of their circumstances.

Worldbuilding is one of her favorite pastimes. She thinks thunderstorms are better than coffee and that watching a meteor shower is the closest thing to magic you might ever see. She’s a firm believer that every amazing book needs a world you want to wrap yourself in, a character you want to win, and a love you would fight for.

Casey is the author of When Wishes Bleed, Gravebriar, House of Eclipses, and Where Oceans Burn.

@authorcaseybond on social media sites.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (2%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews
Profile Image for Cathy Jackson.
Author 32 books964 followers
May 19, 2017
Casey Bond weaves a magnificent story filled with angels and demons, heaven and hell, and so much more!

Keeper of Souls was a complex story that kept me engaged and its fast-paced reading hanging on to the very last word. Zane, Cass, Lucifer, Warren, Carmen, Michael, and Gabriel were all characters that intrigued and excited my imagination. I loved how Casey was able to weave the words into such a beautiful tapestry of sights, colors, sounds, and images. It was incredibly easy to immerse myself into the world and become a part of it.

Thank you, Casey, for allowing me to read this book! I really liked it!
Profile Image for Jennifer.
148 reviews1 follower
May 13, 2017
If you haven't reader Keeper of Crows there might be spoilers in this review...

I have been "patiently" waiting for this book!! I need to know how this story ended!

We start where we left off after Keeper of Crows. Carmen is going to college after being released from a psychiatric facility. Everyone thinks she's crazy after she comes back from purgatory and trying to explain what she saw there.

Michael is trapped in Hell with Lucifer who is trying to break him. He's trying to make him believe Carmen betrayed him and never loved him.

Carmen meets Cass and Zane when she moves into the dorms at college. One seems like a great guy while the other seems like he has an ulterior motive.

“Well, you’re wrong.” Zane let out a low growl that I felt low in my belly. It reminded me so much of him. But that couldn’t be…

Carmen keeps having these very vivid dreams of things that she cant decide are real or not. She keeps seeking professional help because everything is spinning out of control and she doesn't know what's true and what's not.

He would regret the day he was created. And I would enjoy every moment of watching him fade into nothing.

I loved the conclusion to this series! I loved the suspense, and being kept on the edge of my seat! I loved Carmen and how great she was! She never gave up and never took anyone's crap.

Will Michael make it out of Hell? Will Carmen realize what is real? Is there a HEA for them? Or will there only be heartbreak and destruction?
October 11, 2017
This is the 2nd book in Casey L Bonds Keeps of Crow series and the end to Michael and Carmen's story. And I am so glad that I didn't have to wait for it. I fell in love with Casey wild imagination in the first book and delved right in Keeper of Souls without delay.

What I loved about Keeper of Souls:

- it starts right were Keeper of Crows left off so there is no gap in time leaving the reader to put the pieces together
- As in the first book, I love Carmen. Even more so in the 2nd book as she is stronger then ever.
- New characters but old characters a introduced in the book and I found myself constantly trying to piece together who was who
- Her plot, as in the first book, keeps you engaged, keeps you saying, just one more chapter, until the next thing you know, you've finished the book
- The imagery Casey created when at the end when the crows entered Carmen and Michael body.....holy hell....amazing!!!

What I didn't like:

- While I loved almost everything, Keeper of Souls didn't have the dark vibe that Keeper of Crows had and I found that I missed that.

My favourite line in the book:

" I wished my crows were still here, but they'd followed her soul into Purgatory. Much like my heart, even the scattered pieces of my wings belonged to her."

I highly recommend this series. This is the first series (books) that I have read by Casey L Bond and it leaves me wondering what it would be like to live in her head. It must be a fascinating place to be.
Profile Image for Brenda  K.
90 reviews1 follower
February 20, 2019
Casey's imagination is taking us on quite a journey. I love her as an author because of this. She writes some amazing books.

I am a lover of all the paranormal awesomeness that is within the pages of this book. I loved book 1, and book 2 did not disappoint me one bit. This could be by far my favorite of Casey's books. Now I really loved her Frenzy series, but this one just grabs me. Reading this book I get so int it I tuned everything out till I finished.

So if you read book one you were introduced to the Keeper of Crows. Yes, you do have to read the first book, I highly recommend in order or you will be missing out on some very vital information. It is information you need to know!
Here we meet the Keeper of souls. The evil, vile creature...
Well I don't want to spoil anything but I am not a huge fan of his..

How do I explain what I like about this book. I really love all aspects of this book. The way everything comes together, the characters good and bad, the things that happen.
I think this a really well written book.

The farther into this series you get, makes you question reality a bit. I am biting my nails worried about what we will get next. This is helluva ride for sure.
What is Carmen's reality? Or is she as crazy as people think?

I cannot say for sure who my favorite character is. I am torn between Michael and Gabriel.

The only bad thing with these books is the fact they end!
I wouldn't mind one bit to jump into this book and not come back
Profile Image for Cassandra Giovanni.
Author 18 books629 followers
May 22, 2017
Solid 3.5 Stars

As with the first book, I really like this cover. It portrays the potential darkness of the novel and is quite bold. This second and final book in the Keepers series starts off where the other left off and we see that the main character has made a 'recovery'. She heads off to college to try to start a normal life, but that's not possible when you have a past like hers. Straight off, you know there's angels and devils about her. I really liked watching her and Gabriel's relationship go. What I didn't like was the love trianglish way it ended up going. I feel like it could've just been they were friends, and that made him understand compassion towards humans beyond just protective duties. As for Micheal, I still didn't really feel their connection. Perhaps, it was due to the fact I didn't really feel it in the first book. As with the first book, it seemed the action bits just flowed to fast. They were too easy for the main character and there weren't any really epic fight scenes. If you're taking down Satan, I'd like to see you really kick his butt. Overall, the writing is cohesive and flows nicely with descriptive balance and dialogue. I definitely preferred this one where there wasn't descriptive sexually explicit scenes. I definitely recommend for those that are looking for a quick somewhat dark read on angels and the devil!
Profile Image for Fleur.
2,948 reviews21 followers
July 15, 2018
It was all a dream a dark and twisted dream or so Carmen is brain washed to believe and is now trying to move on with her life and starting college.
College is not so easy though she has Cass and Zane both vying to hang out as well as nightmares and reminders of the times in purgatory continuing to appear around her... but its not real right!? Carmen thought her time in purgatory was penance enough for saving Michael but just like the those Lucifer God is a sneaky bugger too and now both Carmen and Michael are paying for it but are either of them really strong enough for not only themselves but each other. There is so much packed into this book I feel like book 1 was just the warm up so get settled in for this read as there is so much more world building, twists and surprises that keep you guessing what happens next as well as emotions including shock, anger and a fist pump or 2 especially towards the end. People from her past re appear, good luck working out who to trust, who's who and will they ever really get their Happy ever after.
Profile Image for Stacey.
307 reviews6 followers
May 9, 2017
Ok I got this book and devoured it on my plane ride home from the states .
I wash like shouting out fight Micheal and a best mate messaged the author saying I have to put with her for 10 hours what have you done .
I personally couldn't put this down .
What would you do for love fight heaven and hell .......
Well in this book you will feel the pull both ways and it will turn you inside out .
I laughed , cried and ohhhhed more than once .
It was fasted paced and just amazingly wrote
Casey did an amazing job .
I wanted to become Pam's bff she melted my heart .
Carmen is just the most awesome lass ever and well Micheal swoon worthy is just a understatement I didn't think I could fall more but I did .
You know what this book was heaven sent
Enjoy
Easy 5 starts
Profile Image for United Indie Book Blog.
4,227 reviews78 followers
May 30, 2017
STOP! If you haven't read Keeper of Crows turn around and read it first! It's a must in order to enjoy Keeper of Souls.
I absolutely fell hard for Michael in book one, broody hot male yes please! At times in Keeper of Souls I wanted to choke him. "Really Michael?!? Carmen loves you!" <---came outta my mouth well waiting at the doctors!
Carmen surprised me and I actually connected more with her even if she was cray cray at some points.
Gabriel was a big key player and really helped tie the whole book together. I think his relationship with both Carmen and Michael better (?) their relationship. And honestly I wouldn't mind a book or two on Gabriel.
Great twist on Heaven/Hell and gets you thinking. Casey's writing is unique and I look forward to her stories.

Review by Raychel
Profile Image for Courtney Moctezuma.
44 reviews1 follower
May 20, 2017
I think this might be one of my all-time favorite stories! It wasn't just a pnr, it wasn't just creepy and thrilling, it was BEAUTIFUL. The entire duology was beautiful. The story line was so in depth and everything connected so well. The more I read, the more it was like pieces of a puzzle locking into place.

The foreshadowing was spot on. I literally stayed up until 3am to finish reading this wonderful tale.
If you like powerful characters, a thrilling and ACTION PACKED tale, and a beautiful story line then this series is for you.

This was a perfect ending to a wonderful story. Truly mind blowing all the way through.
Profile Image for Kaila.
127 reviews
May 11, 2017
Whoa! This is much more intense than the first book! Very hard to put down! I even tried to make it last longer by stopping every chapter and just either play a game or check facebook, lol! I loved how Gabriel was always there, though I kind of missed him in the end. I also loved how Carmen didn't turn out to be a whiny character, but a strong one. It feels open ended though, maybe there will be a spinoff? I hope so!
Profile Image for Kimberly.
976 reviews
May 13, 2017
I LOVE everything Casey has written so far that I knew I didn't need to read the blurb for this book! I couldn't put this book down it was so good! It was very well written and the story line keeps you so intrigued and trying to guess what happens the ENTIRE time!! It was a great ending to a wonderful series and I can't wait to see what Casey comes out with next!
Profile Image for Stephanie Runion.
359 reviews
May 16, 2017
This is the stunning follow up to Keeper of Crows. This volume is the extraordinary conclusion to this multifaceted storyline. Whether you love or love to hate Carmen, her strength and determination resonates strongly. The forces of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory clash with archangels, the Devil and other amazing supernatural beings leading the charge.
Profile Image for Linda.
153 reviews
May 18, 2017
Once I started reading, I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to slap Michael silly and hug Gabriel, wanting him to be happy. A side story of him happy is a must! #TeamGabriel...anyways, the way Lucifer lied, bending the truth, was exactly how I would picture the devil, wearing. Other people's skins. Made me made Carmen didn't see it, but then again she did start believing all was a dream. I was biting my nails towards the end and love the happy ending but poor Gabriel. He needs a happily ever after too!
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Kimberly.
976 reviews
May 18, 2017
Profile Image for Kylie Allen.
189 reviews7 followers
May 22, 2017
I am impressed!

With the start of this story, I mapped out the ending. I was so beautifully wrong. I was scared for Carmen and Michael. I loved them so much, but feared for their love. I'm so glad they got the ending they deserved, and the arc of this book was so much more than I would have imagined. <3
Profile Image for Michele.
102 reviews1 follower
Another amazing ending

I love this ending!! Carmen, Michael and Gabriel are amazing in the way they stick together.. this makes me happy the way it ends... great work as always!! I highly recommend this!!!
157 reviews1 follower
December 4, 2019
Great series!

I loved this book. It's filled with action and love. Can Michael save Carmen ? Can Carmen save Michael? They are a wonderful couple and their story is a page turner. I highly recommend this series.
Profile Image for Dani Cox.
9 reviews
June 6, 2017
One day

That's how long it took me to read both books. I loved the story, new, exciting. I loved Carmen as a character, the story was different. Thanks for that Casey L Bond!
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.