Start by marking “The Halfling (#1)” as Want to Read:
The Halfling (#1)

The Halfling (#1)

“There are three things I know are certain in my life. Firstly, I am a cursed halfling—part faerie, part human. Another thing I know is I hate faeries. They are deceitful, evil, and conniving.
The third thing I know—and it is a certainty—nothing is guaranteed in this life, including your sanity, your family, and your world as you know it.” - Eliana

Eliana finds herself
Published April 16th 2017 by Ocean Reeve Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Halfling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Halfling

Start your review of The Halfling (#1)
Nadia
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel! A YA fantasy that takes you from modern day New York to the realm of the Fae with magic, royalty, wizards and dragons. The characters are well rounded and natural and North paints a full picture of the world so I was completely immersed whenever I sat down to read. I was on the edge of my seat with the twists, turns and constant action. I highly recommend this book to young and adult readers alike, it certainly gives all the other YA fantasy books I have read a run ...more
Rosie
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pursued by her brothers from the Faerie realm of Grandelione, Eliana Ariarose flees through the streets of New York City. Her brothers are sworn enemies, with the youngest, Caelian, having battled to earn his title of Crown Prince from Aemon – a royal who vows bloodshed in order to have his claim to the throne restored. As Eliana flees, she makes startling discoveries about herself and her real identity, as well as the truth about her upbringing. During her journey, Eliana meets many beings from ...more
G. Gaynor
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful world building! It's real easy to get caught up in the story the way Melissa North crafts a story. I've just put down the first book wishing for the next. Somehow we readers will just have to be patient!

Excellent!!!
Samuel Colbran
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first impression of this was WOW!! The use of mythology and fae was marvellous! I cannot stress this point, WOW just WOW! Aimed at teens, but I can say you could pick it up and lose yourself in this fast paced, action packed book.

A little about what is a Halfling. In Melissa North’s book, a halfling is a person born of a fae (fairy) and human. The main character is a Halfling, and she is cool. Someone to look up to, as she needs no man to save her! She’ll save the men, and she does a few
Blair
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Halfling, Book 1 is a wonderful, solid effort by Melissa H North.
I can see this story having huge appeal for a teen audience, although anyone with an interest in faeries, fantastic beasts and the world of fantasy in general would get lots of enjoyment from reading it. The illustrations sprinkled throughout the story are a nice little bonus. I feel Melissa can only go from strength to strength with her writing. Her voice is clear and a nice pacing is maintained. Importantly, the characters
Ricki Hall
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eliana has family problems. Big family problems. Problems so big they threaten all of the faerie realm of Grandelione, possibly even spilling over into the world of men.

Not only that but she has great evil in her. Evil that dares to surface and control her actions as it has in the past.

Struggling with abandonment issues, lies and the resultant hate and mistrust, she must put those feelings aside for the greater good. After all family isn't perfect, family relations take work.

Grandelione is a
Nat Roy
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you love a book that can take you into another world? Do you love fantasy? In today’s busy world, sometimes we all need to escape our reality. If you love a great fantasy book, or any story, then The Halfling by Melissa H North is a must to read! You get plunged into fantasy that takes you from modern day to the realm of the Fae with magic, royalty, wizards and dragons.

Eliana is a Halfling, part faerie and part human. She is a strong woman and able to stand on her own. It is up to her to
Jessica Bronder
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eliana is a Halfling, part faerie and part human. She has a lot of issues that she has faced growing up but she is a strong woman and able to stand on her own. She personally hates anything faerie but she has a darkness in her, she is cursed. It is up to her to fight the growing evil in the realm of Grandelione. She is the only one that can save the world or let it fall into darkness.

I really enjoyed this story. I love Eliana’s strength, she even turns the roles around and saves others. There is
M.G. Ryan
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting tale of faeries and magic, adventure and sibling rivalry.

I normally don't read a lot of fantasy books based on faeries and magic, but 'The Halfling' had me hooked from the start and wanting me to read more with the rivalry and adventure within the book. It also contained twists that I did not see coming. I am highly anticipating the sequel. A highly recommended read.
Cassandra Drake
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I almost gave it one star when I found out the next one isn't out yet!

Eliana is the bomb! I love the magic in the middle of the cities of today. That's right up my alley! I get the feeling the main character is holding back and I can't wait for her to open up on these people!

WANT MORE!!!
Melissa North
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Anna
Katrina Dehart
Sep 21, 2017
Brandi
Sep 22, 2017
My upbringing in the Brisbane to Lockyer Valley region of Queensland was inspirational as my young creative mind overflowed with ideas and images. After marrying I moved, with my husband, to the North West region and have lived here and in the Lockyer Valley long enough to see both my children born and raised.

I return to Brisbane every year to our family home. I have always loved telling stories