Start by marking “Crazy In Love: The Story of a Gay Demon” as Want to Read:
Crazy In Love: The Story of a Gay Demon

Crazy In Love: The Story of a Gay Demon

A black comedy story based on a horror painting and vastly inspired by Stephen Kings Needful Things
When 17-year-old Dale Stevens comes to spend his summer at his aunts house in the desolate woods upstate California, he expects the most boring 90 days of his life. But his expectations change rapidly after he meets a mysterious stranger in the woods and discovers things
Published April 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Crazy In Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy In Love

Start your review of Crazy In Love: The Story of a Gay Demon
Bruno Stephens
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this one was quick and violent. I love this author and this story was different from what he usually writes. It was a little crazy and erotic and violent. I totally got the Stephen King vibe.
Leslie Jones
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark, erotic, insane! It was hard not to hate MC. And the demon I loved.
Eugenia
DNF @10%. My time is worth more than bad, trite writing.
joani
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I really can't rate this... so ignore the stars

It wasn't what I expected or the type of book I would ever want to read. I really didn't like it but I can't say it was a bad story. It was actually a good story if you are into a twisted "not really a" romance novel... Also there were so many spelling and grammatical errors, which usually doesn't bother me. There were just to many to overlook.
Colin Hardy
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Described as a black comedy, it is hard to see where the humour is here. The story begins with an extensive background that includes characters that are irrelevant to the plot and add nothing to the understanding of the lead character. The story doesnt really begin until the location has changed. The lead character is not at all likeable. He displays all of the clichéd angst of a hormonally driven teen whilst still remaining a good boy at heart.

The introduction of the demonic character does
multitaskingmomma
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Original Post: Review: Crazy In Love: The Story of a Gay Demon by Perie Wolford

My Rating: 4.5 of 5 Stars

It's been some time since I'd had the chance to read something from Perie Wolford. I love his sci-fi books and of course, who can not read his Sam Dorsey books. One of those books I remember quite vividly is Encounter. It was a suspense-filled story that gave me a glimpse of just how crazy this author could be when it comes to titillating the imagination.

Crazy In Love, well, it's about a demon
Cathy Brockman
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the series but can be read or listened to as a standalone. Each book has different characters. This is a short erotic story but not as sweet as the first one. There is a lot of violence in this book and the narrator really brings it out and makes it chilling. The sex is hot too but not as hot as the first book as I think the violence was more predominant here. Now having said that there is a reason for the violence it gives the story a moral and there is also a Happy ending. ...more
Beagle Lover (Avid Reader)
May 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
This was the most disappionting book I think I've had the misfortune to read. Poor plot, so many grammatical and spelling errors I crindged each time I crossed one. (And they were numerous!) Granted, I'll be the first to admit I have my faults in my reviews, both grammatical and spelling, but I swear any 3rd grader could have written this book with less errors.
The sexual aspect of the story could be confined to about 15 of the 81 pages - another dissapointment. The rest was useless filler that
Jake
Jul 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Don't do it.

Despite so many reviews mentioning how terribly written this book is, I was intrigued by all the "but it has a great story" comments. It really isn't that great of a story. The premise, the style, the grammar, and the editing (or lack thereof) are all of the quality of an essay written by a 15 year old boy making an effort to be "edgy".
tl;dr - this is beyond terrible and not even worth the 99 cents
Luvbooks
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
The story started out peeking my interest but I didn't like it much. However I read it to the end to see how the story concluded. I just feel disappointed for Dale that his first sexual experience was with Demon and it has made him develop self esteem issues. I hope Michael will help him to believe in love again and that he deserves the best.
This is a voluntary review in appreciation for receiving a free copy of this book.
Luke
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didnt like Crazy in Love too much. I felt like there was quite a bit of filler, quite a bit of typos. It also came across as juvenile at times.

I liked the idea. I wanted to like the story itself, but I didnt. I feel like it has potential, though; it could be improved in a lot of ways.

Despite not enjoying it too much, I will check out the authors other books.
Donna
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
"Good novel just not my cup of tea"

Given a free copy for an honest review.It starts out romantic when Dale sees a mysterious boy in the woods. They become romantically involved then Dale's Aunt forbids him in seeing him as she knows he is a demon. It soon turns violent and twisted with Dale nearly killing his Aunt. Quick listen though the narration was bland to my ears.
Dennis Crotts
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I did this as an audible book and it was very interesting story, very well written and the narrator did a very good in tell the story and bring each character alive.
Andrea
Oct 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Juvenile writing and story - not for me.
Leona J.
4.1 out of 5 stars
James Kendall
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Definitely a very dark tail and not something for everyone.
Mandy Sawyer
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Im getting used to Peries writing now! Its always bizarre with a lot of wtf moments but very enjoyable. Maxwell has a beautiful tone to his voice. ...more
Gary Jones
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Fantastic read
Blood demons and gay sex
What more do you want
Please read it you won't regret it promise
Tristan
May 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
2.5~3/5

At the this of being mainstream, but this meme perfectly encapsulated this book. This book had been... erhm... interesting. Is it a good interesting? Well I guess it's depending on your taste. Either way, I can certainly see the Stephen King influence.

The written is a little stiff for my liking, which also undermine some of the effect.
Nicoline Anders
Jun 26, 2017
Limerith Johnstone
Mar 30, 2019
Nambi
rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2017
Maryanne Franson
Apr 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Frat House Rulez
  • Five Dares
  • Safe and Sound (Twist of Fate, #2)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Trust (Temptation, #3)
  • Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)
  • Auctioned (8392, #1)
  • Take (Temptation, #2)
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Just a Bit Confusing (Straight Guys #5)
  • The Mercenary's Mate (Blue Solace #1)
  • The Favor (Settling the Score #1)
  • Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)
  • Out in the Deep (Out in College, #1)
  • Game Night (The Dream Team, #1)
  • Kyle & Nick (Beautiful Shame #1)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Into You
Perie Wolford is an optioned and produced screenwriter and published author. For more information visit periewolford.com

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...