Start by marking “The Map to You (A Least Likely Romance)” as Want to Read:
The Map to You (A Least Likely Romance)

The Map to You (Least Likely Romance #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
They both had secrets that could drive people apart-or bring them together forever . . .

Keeping his inner demons at bay means Blake Malone has more than enough trouble on his plate. He doesn't need any extra complications. But that's exactly what he gets when, on his way to North Dakota, he leaves his truck unattended-and returns to find a beautiful woman sleeping in the f
Published November 28th 2017 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about The Map to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Map to You

Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just want to begin by saying wow because this beauty absolutely blew me away. My emotions are all over the damn place and yeah, wow!

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Blake’s character is one of the most perfectly imperfect characters I’ve ever had the honour of reading. His character is flawed but you can’t help but love him. Growing up with a shitty situation had him second guessing himself and feeling like he was nothing but he’s so much more that ‘nothing’ he’s a strong man battl
Suze Lavender
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Blake leaves his truck unattended for just a short while the last thing he expects is finding someone inside when he gets back. However, there's a young woman asleep in the front seat. Blake doesn't want any company, but she looks like she needs his help, so he offers her a ride. Blake has his own demons to fight and he knows Opal will be trouble. He can't leave her behind though and takes her on a journey, will this be a good decision?

Opal is running from something and she doesn't have muc
Terri
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
review also found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.  I am a little late getting this review out as it was released in November.

This story delivered exactly what I expected from it.  Both characters came in to their "relationship" with their own baggage that prevented them from a healthy relationship.  The two were attracted to each other however the previously mentioned baggage wa
Coral
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Two lost souls with their own troubles finds love and acceptance with each other. Opal running away from her past unsure of the future while Blake wanting to let go of the past to find his future. It a heartwarming story that is sure to melt your heart.

However, I have problems with the way the story is written. The too descriptive and flowery prose does a disservice to the story. It took me 3 weeks to finish this story because the first half of the book is full of too much description on what th
Brenda Thompson
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you read Roomies and loved it you need to read this book! We finally get Blake's story and WOW it is fantastic!
Annmarie
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In The Map To You, Blake and Opal explored the wide open road leaving behind a past full of secrets while chasing a future full of dreams. With themes of happiness, forgiveness, lies, truths, and hope. This story identified the broken pieces of each character and allowed them to accept the choices made in the past by allowing those mistakes to mold them into the individual they were at the moment. With no regrets for their choices only hope for a better future. Lindy did this by focusing on thei ...more
Jaime
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
**3.75 Stars**

Roomies is one of my all time favorite books, so I have been looking forward to Blake's book for a long time.

Let me preface this by saying that this book has a completely different feel from Roomies. Roomies is light, airy, and hilarious. This book, while it has it's funny moments, is a little bit darker and more serious so do not go into this book expecting a Roomies re-do.

Blake was exactly what I was expecting his character to be. He was outwardly brooding while inside he was n
B.
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was different from your standard romance. Both the H and h have their own emotional problems. But chance has thrown them together and they gradually come to be friends and then lovers. But things aren’t resolved right away and Zart provides a somewhat leisurely exploration of their characters through alternating narrations from each person’s point of view.

The hero, Blake, finds a sprite of a girl sleeping in his truck. Opal is fleeing town for some undisclosed reason that we don’t fi
Beth Garner
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Decent Story

I received the book in a Goodreads give away in exchange for an honest review. I liked the overall storyline and enjoyed getting to know Blake and Opal.

The main reason I gave the book a 3 star rating was because of the language, it was WAY too flowery for my personal taste, and some of the editing.

Blake and Opal are both flawed individuals who are trying to do better. Ms Zart does flesh their characters out beautifully. As their individual stories are revealed, you can understand wh
Wendy Leonard-Richardson
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lindy Zart always writes beautiful stories with a lot of heart. Her novels progress at a nice steady pace giving the reader just what we need for the storyline to develop. Her books give you tears as well as laughter. The Map To You follows the pattern perfectly.

The main characters, Blake and Opal, happen on an unlikely road trip. It turns into quite the adventure where both try to find themselves and overcome their demons. They are both on this unconventional journey to find their "home" or rig
Jane
I want to thank Lindy Zart, author and Goodreads First Reads Giveaway for the Kindle eBook copy of The Map to You ~ A Least Likely Romance than I won in the Giveaway.

Blake Malone is traveling to North Dakota when a tiny young woman gets in his pickup and falls asleep outside a convenience store while he was inside. This starts an adventure with Opal Allen traveling with him to his home outside Bismark, North Dakota.

Blake is a very private man and a loner, while Piper aka several other names is j
Riley K.
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Map To You by Lindy Zart is simply phenomenal. Blake and Opal’s story might be my favorite out of all of Lindy Zart’s books. I know I say this about every character that she writes. Lindy Zart has a way of writing perfectly flawed characters. They know that they are flawed, but yet they still keep going. I always feel a connection with her characters.

Blake’s personal story was heartbreaking. Opal’s story was just as heartbreaking. Lindy Zart tackled the serious issues with seriousness and w
Bella
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The map to you is a very interesting story between two very broken people. They both have a lot of baggage from past. But the difference is that Black is still caught up in the dark when Opal is a ray of sunshine and although her life was and still is hard she can find something good in all the bad. Black and Opal meet in very strange unusual circumstance and although their first interaction can be their last they end up traveling together. On the road, they start to reveal a little bit of their ...more
Becca
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars - Lindy Zart delivers all the feels with Blake and Opal’s story in The Map to You. This unlikely duo will have you falling head over heels with their witty banter and electric chemistry. They broke my heart and made it soar, reminding me of the strength and beauty that can be born of a painful past. This book was an adventure from beginning to end and I enjoyed every moment of the sweet, sassy, and steamy ride. Blake and Opal are unlike any book couple I’ve met before and I adored ever ...more
Anna Budziak
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Would rate this a 4+. First off I want to say this title is perfect for the story because the main characters, Blake and Opal, are on an emotional journey to find themselves. Both of the characters have let circumstances define who (where) they are and they need to take back control of their destinies and once they do that they can find their way back to "home", to each other. I am not sure if the psychology/sociology of their problems (emotional abuse, depression and abandonment) is true by rat ...more
Maria
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, various
- Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review -
An enjoyable read with great characters, with lots of baggage – in the beginning, I loved the brooding hero (“Like a dark, imperfect, savage angel”, quote from ARC), but then he became more explicit (and less appealing); as for the heroine, I really appreciated her integrity and selfishness. I felt that in the second part their narrative voices became quite similar (the story is told in dual first-person point of view).
Some very se
Carrie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
10+++ stars! Blake & Opal's story is full of heart and humor, and also some heartache. All of it is wonderfully told and an absolute joy to read! I was sucked in from the beginning & didn't want to put it down.

I had some trouble getting into & connecting w/ Kennedy & Graham in Roomies, and wasn't such a big Blake fan in that story, either. But something about him tugged at my heart, and I was SUPER excited that he was getting his own story!

He's broody on the outside, but a big
Jaime Arbuckle
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
I'm rarely one to rate a book anything over 4 stars. I received this book as a giveaway win and I have to tell you I couldn't put it down. I binge read Blake and Opal's story in less than 24 hours. I love Lindy Zart's writing style. It keeps a steady pace, its captivating, and this story was just so raw and real. I'm not a big romance reader but "The Map To You" was so different from the typical love story. First of all, I appreciate that Opal doesn't always have matching underwear on (unrealist ...more
Angela Shockley
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Every now and then I like to reach outside of my comfort zone and read something fun and cute. Having read Roomies by Zart, I had to read this one since it's a standalone sequel. The Map to You fits the bill perfectly! I loved Blake and Opal (though I'm biased when it comes to the name Opal... it's my birthstone!) Their initial encounter is less "meet cute" and more "meet strange." I think If I found a random person sleeping in my car that I'd flip out, and not in a good way.

The Map to You is a
Melena Torretta
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley-arcs
After reading Roomies, I was looking forward to reading The Map to You to get a story from Blake's perspective. It was a nice surprise that this book also had dual narration so we got to know Opal, the female lead, better too.

I liked that bits and pieces of both Blake and Opal's story were revealed throughout the book instead of at the very beginning. It really gives the reader a chance to empathize with them and to understand what has brought them to this point in their lives.

A nice companion n
Monica
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this Author and it most definitely will not be my last. I won this book in a Giveaway from Goodreads, and for this I say thank you very much!

This book about two young broken people just trying to figure out this crazy thing called LIFE. They both come from different backgrounds, both dark, but in different ways. From the beginning of the story you can tell that they are both destined to make changes in their lives in order to repair what has been broken and
Marybeth
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

This was such a good story so full of emotion, heartbreak and love. I really enjoyed it!
For one seemingly so flawed, Blake is just so lovable. I couldn't help but just want and hope for the very best for him to finally find happiness and contentment.
Opal has the ability to be/do that for him. Even though she has baggage of her own she shines like the sun and brings that to her relationship with Blake. He needs her li
Charity
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Map To You is a least likely romance. Blake and Opal have both had very hard lives. Blake's made a lot of devastating mistakes in his life and he struggles with depression and addiction. Opal is on the run from her past with no place to run to. From the moment they meet there is a deep connection. Their souls recognize the broken pieces in each other. I found myself completely consumed by these two characters. They touched my heart and soul. I laughed and I cried a lot. Most importantly, I c ...more
Jess (the cozy reader)
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Big thanks to Lyrical Shine Publishing and NetGalley for an ARC copy for review

Ever since reading Roomies, I was really curious to know more about the mystery that is Blake Malone. And Lindy Zart made me a happy camper to have his story. It was endearing, sad, awkward, funny and romantic. I wasn’t sure about Opal at first, but she really grew and I think she is perfect for Blake. Not to mention it was great seeing Graham and Kennedy again. Fans of Roomies will definitely enjoy this book.
Anima
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blake was a mess in Roomies, the misunderstood half brother of Graham. He was charming, troubled, quirky and alone. A random meeting has Opal joining him on a trip home. A personal journey that meant something to both of them and changed their future. This was a very enjoyable read, never once did I get bored, it's humorous and heartbreaking, though short-lived. Each Malone brother has their own book but could easily be read without the other. Wonderfully told as Zart is a talented storyteller. ...more
Karen Thompson
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I appreciated this book. That is not usually how I start a review, but it best represents my feelings. These characters were damaged, knowingly so, and in meeting each other, they started to heal. They confronted their pasts that pulled them down, and started to help others as well. I absolutely loved how they met! Opal is such a fun person. She saw the positives and made Blake see them as well. The ending was perfect! It was a wonderful book. I will remember these two for quite a while. I won t ...more
Becky Wise
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautiful with a lot of heart and emotions. Opal and Blake are wonderfully real. They meet in an unconventional way that takes them on an adventure. An Adventure with both trying to find themselves. Both trying to overcome inner demons. Neither expected to find their home in each other. I love how Opal and Blake feed off each other and push each other to become better. The growth that Blake and Opal go through is amazing. A wonderful read by Lindy Zart that is so worth the one click.
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Emotional and believable romance. This was an enjoyable and easy read. Opal and Blake are an unlikely pair, but you see how they fit together quickly. The characters feel real, with a realistic depth of emotion and a meaningful connection to each other. My heart broke for the hardships both Blake and Opal faced and rooted for them as they overcame their pasts to create a happy future.

I received the book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. My opinions are my own.
Debra
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from NetGalley for a honest review. I liked Blake's character, he was nice but yet didn't trust anyone given his upbringing. Opal's character was totally opposite, lied to protect herself. He was nice enough to take her to North Dakota to get away from the so called bad guys.I will be reading more from this author in the near future.
Sue M. Van
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yet another great story from this great author. Although I am not a modern day genre reader, Lindy always manages to get me reading her books. I believe it is because all of the books I have read of hers teach a life lesson. For an author to readily influence a 65 year old is saying something about their ability to write.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lindy Zart is a USA TODAY bestselling author that has been writing since she was a child. Luckily for readers, her writing has improved since then. She lives in Wisconsin with her family. Lindy loves hearing from people who enjoy her work. She also has a completely natural obsession with wine, coffee, peanut butter, bloody marys, and pizza.

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)