Start by marking “Soul Sacrifice (The Spirit Shield Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Soul Sacrifice (The Spirit Shield Saga, #3)

Soul Sacrifice (Spirit Shield Saga #3)

4.74  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The underworld writhes. Terror unleashed. Souls enslaved.

The Spirit Shields with memories returned are plunged into a conflict older than mankind. The pending battle pits family against spirit and flesh. The godlings face off for ultimate control of the souls of the dead, each with their own agenda, for there is no love lost between these siblings.

Helga, goddess of the und
Published May 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Soul Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Sacrifice

Lana
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The grand finale to a magnificent series and wow what a ride this was. The war had always been one between the Gods and never one between primordials and catharians but unfortunately the gods pulled everyone into the war. The battle had to be fought bu those who supported Avery and Cayden, the twin spirit shields as alone they could not defeat their sister Helga who was ready to reap souls before giving them the chance to be reborn. Susan Faw wrote so beautifully about the idea of rebirth and re ...more
Judith Docken
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the dark and terrifying opening to the cataclysmic, heartbreaking final clash, Soul Sacrifice is a riveting read. Evil forces vie for control in a struggle that could go either way. Alliances are forged and broken and secrets long hidden are uncovered, as humans and Primordials alike fight to protect the well of souls from Helga’s twisted plans. Alive with vivid imagery, very real human conflicts and relatable characters, Soul Sacrifice is a page-turner, a satisfying and triumphant finish t ...more
Ola Adamska
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2017
Great finish of the series! Everything comes to the conclusion - every event was prophecised and would have its explanation.
In this book alliances change, who was sworn enemy would become the surprising ally, who was considered ally would be apparently an enemy. What struggles would occur this time for our four godlings?
Join them in this spectacular conclusion of the series.
Anne Monteith
The author has written a beautiful tale of rebirth through reincarnation for all creatures, a cycle where the souls are protected by the spirit shields. Cayden and Avery are the spirit shields and now recall most of their past and why they chose to become human.

Avery has been joined by Artio, at first as her prisoner because Artio is still focused on revenge and believes that Avery and Cayden were responsible for killing her and her lover Genii. She knows that without Avery’s assistance she wil
A.A. Jankiewicz
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soul Sacrifice, the third and final instalment in the Spirit Shield Saga takes off right after the end of Soul Sanctuary. The stakes are higher than ever as the battle for control of the souls of the dead comes down to the climactic battle between the godling siblings Avery, Cayden, Artio and Helga.

I won’t post a plot summary simply because if you happen upon this review and have not read the two previous volumes which are needed to understand the story, I may accidentally give something away.

I
Thomas
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man!!! What an ending to a fabulous set of stories.
One of the most epic battles written, sacrifices of some really great people for others the continue.

Two sisters part gods, part who knows what, both with the intent of ruling the world and all its inhabitants. Even if it means the deaths of their siblings. Other lesser beings with the same intent not knowing that they were just pawns of the godlings.

Susan Faw is a two time winner of the Dante Rosetti Awards for Seer of Souls, & Soul Sanct
Rebecca
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great finish to the series. The world building and characters are wonderful, and I enjoyed the story. There is a lot going on. I recommend reading the other two books first so you are familiar with the characters (there are a lot of them) and previous events. The plot is detailed and has many twists. I like how the ending reflects what happened in the beginning of the series. Like the circle of life: everything has the chance to start over and hopefully be better the next time around.
Jojo
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The epic conclusion to all the chaos that Helga creates and will the twin Spirit Shields and Artic beat the odds? I was hooked on this Trilogy. It was well written and detailed enough that I felt like I was traveling alongside Cayden and his sister Avery. A few Twists that I didn't see coming kept me from putting the book down.
Jackie
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just another amazing book by a fantastic author. Great fantasy that leaves you wanting more. Loved helping to review the ARC
Janet Wild
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great finale

Throughly enjoyed this saga. A good blend of fantasy, good v evil, mythology with hints of horror and romance. Never read the author before but may read more
Phthon
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Amazing finale to a gut wrenching series that kept you on the edge of your seat. I never knew what was going to happen next. Wow...just...wow
Mary King
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i love this series it was a great book, it held my attention and it left me wanting to read more of her books.
LooseBoots
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow,
What a wonderful book. It was such a pleasure to read . I was totally captivated by the story. Sadness, love, greed and kindness. A melting pot of emotions and for a change , the good guys win.
May the force be with you.

I am sad it's over and I will re-read at some point.

Thank you for creating such a treasured trilogy.

well worth a read.
Neil
Mar 11, 2018
Veray
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing series that kept me on the edge of my seat. There were so many twists and turns that I had to go back and read again to make sure I read it right. I would love to see it as a movie! The ending was a bit of a surprise, but the epilogue was very surprising and it if meant what I thought it did I wasn't so sure about it. I mean who would want to be the mother of their previous lover. Kind of weird if you ask me. Just saying.
Amber
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is exciting and I couldn't put it down! It holds you at the edge of your seat. I can't say more otherwise everybody will be yelling spoiler alert.
Damian Southam
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rejects, abominations and unnatural creations of the substance of nature from whence they come, a shroud of death and absolute stillness and silence follow the wake of the Charun's path. As Achak remained frozen, for anything less would bring his own decapitation, like those the Charun and his brethren carried to dispose in a circle of other rotting testaments to their depravity. The triangular pyramids around the horrid open pit, were made worse by the realisation that each was created with the ...more
Elizabeth Maurer
Feb 23, 2018
Mary Bush
Dec 23, 2017
Linda
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A satisfactory conclusion to this series. This book was a bit confusing at the begining but by the end of the middle it was all coming together. you have 6 children of a GOD, and not 4 like we thought. They are all fighting for the very souls of mankind. Who won? I know do you?
Mrs E M Cable
Apr 03, 2018
Donna
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*

I loved the entire series and I am sad to see it end. I love the characters and it is definitely hard to believe that Helga is Avery & Cayden's sister. I can kind of understand Artio's actions but Helgo is a piece of work. I really feel bad for Cayden and Ziona in this book. They do what they have to do but at such a high cost. I will definitely be looking for more by this author in the future.

Geraldine
Feb 11, 2018
Julie Hillman
Apr 23, 2017
A lover of unusual worlds, Susan is a masked crusader for the fantastical world. Championing mythical rights, she quells uprisings and battles infidels who would slay the lifeblood of her pen. It’s all in a night’s work, for this whirlwind writer. Welcome to the quest.

Dante Rossetti Grand Prize awarded for Best Young Adult Fiction of 2016, Chanticleer Reviews, for Seer of Souls.

First in Category,
More about Susan Faw

Spirit Shield Saga (5 books)
  • Soul Survivor (Spirit Shield Saga, #.5)
  • Seer of Souls (The Spirit Shield Saga Book 1)
  • Soul Sanctuary (Spirit Shield Saga, #2)
  • The Spirit Shield Saga Complete Collection:: (Books 1-3 Plus Prequel (Spirit Shield Saga Collection)