Start by marking “His Semi-Charmed Life (Camp Firefly Falls #11)” as Want to Read:
His Semi-Charmed Life (Camp Firefly Falls #11)

His Semi-Charmed Life

(Camp Firefly Falls #11)

His Semi-Charmed Life (Camp Firefly Falls Book 11)

Published June 23rd 2017 by Lisa Hughey

To ask other readers questions about His Semi-Charmed Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Semi-Charmed Life

Start your review of His Semi-Charmed Life (Camp Firefly Falls #11)
Coco.V
Aug 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (8/25/2018)!

Blurb:
Going from princess to pauper wasn’t exactly the fairy tale ending Penelope Hastings believed in as a kid. She grabs at the opportunity to work at Camp Firefly Falls—home of her most treasured childhood memories and the haven where her spoiled heart expanded, and her perspective changed, after an encounter with an older boy. Now she’s hoping that the camp can work its magic one more time and help her craft a new life.

Rags to riches entrepreneur, Diego
Tami
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: camp-firefly
They met at camp when she was 9 and he was 15. They got into a nasty argument that positively effected each other's lives as they reached adulthood. They are both at the camp 17 years later for a corporate retreat. This was a nice second chance romance.

Kristiej
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I want to like every book I read but that isn’t really feasible. Sadly this is one of them. I didn’t hate or even dislike it but it’s more that it didn’t work for me on any level whatsoever.
The books starts out when the main characters, Penelope Hastings and Diego were young. She was 9 and a camper and Diego Ramos was a counselor at the camp, a very angry and bitter young guy. She tried being friendly to him and he was a total jerk. The interaction between them stayed with them for years until
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, owned
His Semi-Charmed Life is sweet, a little sexy, and charming. Diego was an angry 15 year old when a conversation at their summer camp with spoiled little rich girl, 9 year old Penny, changed the course of his life. 17 years later they're both back at the camp, only their situations are reversed. He's now the successful, wealthy one, running a classic car restoration company, and she's a farmer and founder of a non-profit trying to pitch her idea of installing small farms at corporations to reduce ...more
JoJo
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Diego Ramos has started from the bottom and rose to the top by one thing alone: hard work. Inspired by an argument he had when he was a camp counselor with a summer camper has set his life on a path of success. Now he is set to merge his company with a huge and successful company that will make him a billionaire; his dream. The only hurdle left before the merge is a company retreat at a familiar place: Camp Firefly Falls.

Penny is finally back, many years later, at Camp Firefly Falls. A place
Yvonne Cruz
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

I have read a couple of the Camp Firefly Falls stories , and hoped this one would be another sweet, thoughtful story . It did not disappoint me.
Diego and Penny met at the Camp Firefly Falls almost 20 years ago. She was a 9 year old child of a privilege family with a child’s innocence view of life. Diego was 15, working as a counselor and from a blue collar family with issues. Not only was he going through his teenage rebellion, but also had a lot of attitude. Somehow, each others parting words
Joan
She opened the drawer next to the bed and oh em gee, there were condom packets emblazoned with "Camp Firefly Falls: For the Woody in You". And another with the Red Cross symbol and the caption "Orgasm Donor"

Vomiting here. That's supposed to be 'sexy'?? Really?? I can think of nothing more off-putting and sordid. Yuck

Perhaps it's me. Yes, I know you can buy stupid Red Cross Orgasm Donor condoms, but this is supposed to be about romance, not coarse jokes and a quick fuck.

dnf

CBA rating, but it
Annette
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Penny & Diego "shoe on the other foot" story. It is so realistic and confirms the power of the word we speak because they can come back. I felt sorry for Penny and the shame she harbored about things totally out of her control. She's a trooper though and I think it strengthen & molded her into the much more down to earth person she grew into. Penny undeniably ignites Diego, then and even more so now, they both learn that money still can't buy true "charmed" love or happiness. Well ...more
Kim Vanravenswaay
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How ironic is it that one conversation when they were kids affected both Penny and Diego's life so drastically. Years later they still live by the life lessons they learned.
Penny could be bitter by the raw deal life handed her, instead she's giving back to people in need. I really like her idea of corporate gardening. What a nice idea.
Diego is your common boy from the wrong side of the tracks, says screw you to the doubters and becomes a millionaire. It's Penny who steals the show for me.
Linda Quick
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's very different from the author's usual books, but just as well done. In this novel, two children have an encounter that has a profound effect on each of their lives, despite that encounter being the last time they saw each other. Then, many years later, they are once more thrown together, with neither aware of the way they changed the other. I loved this premise and loved the way it was done.

This is an engaging and entertaining contemporary romance, with just enough
Lori
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
**I voluntarily received an Advance Reader Copy of this book.**

I loved this story. It has a lot of my favorite things. I feel like I have been to Camp Firefly, and I love classic and sports cars. Most of all I can relate to Penny, because I spent so much time on a farm.

This is a wonder romance with just the right amount of sizzle. There is a bit of conflict and some drama that keeps you glued to the story. Overall I am hoping to read more about Camp Firefly and the romances it inspired.
Lindsay
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
His Semi Charmed Life started out really good. I knew coming in, it would be similar to a "second chance" novel and I'm really into those. I liked this book and while the characters had chemistry, I felt it was all so rushed. There wasn't really a "second chance" because Penny was 9 when she met Diego. The way they intertwined their lives based on them initially meeting, and having a really scornful conversation, was really cool. I do wish that their background of how they came to be was touched ...more
Andretta Schellinger
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book At the indie book fest in Orlando Florida. As I waited for the next panel to begin I started reading it and I finished it in no time. This is such a good book. If all is the story of a man named Diego and a woman named Penelope or Penny Through a weekend in their life at this camp fire fly balls which is a camp for corporate functions and adults. It has the ups and downs that you expect but it also has external not just internal conflicts. It made me really feel for the ...more
A.M.
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, e-books
Diego Ramos was a camp worker when he was fifteen.
One summer, an annoying little nine year old camper Penelope Hastings and he had a conversation. He was trying to fix his car; the car he probably shouldn’t have been driving at the age of fifteen. She just blithely said he’d get a new car for his sixteenth birthday.
Annoyed he let fly with some truths; people don’t get enough to eat, they wear shoes with holes (like his) and they don’t get new cars.
“My dad always says, ‘how do we turn this
Pam
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"There's a whole world of people who don't have food to eat at night, don't wear shoes without holes. And don't get new cars. " "Turn a negative into a positive." Who knew that with one conversation at summer camp, Diego & Penny would impact each other's lives far into the future. Fast forward seventeen years. Penny is back at Camp Firefly Falls but not as a camper this time. In exchange for helping out with a corporate retreat, she's given the chance to talk to the corporate sponsors about ...more
Paula
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading Lisa Hughey. I really liked and cared about the characters and enjoyed the storyline and I truly wanted to see if (haha.. ok when) they got to have the happily ever… that I wanted for them.
I look forward to reading more books by Lisa Hughey because this book kept me so interested that it ended before I was ready to leave these characters.

Kind of a spoiler: I didn’t care for the birthday comment made by the female character when she was a child but… that was to show
Barbara
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a story about one meeting when these two where young and met for the first time at the camp, he was poor and she was rich.Now their lives have reversed but they both in their own way remember that day that has changed their lives. This book is now in my wish list I will be buying I want to re-read it.Their meeting this time will change their life's again. This Author draws you into her book and will not let go until the last page, it is so well done that you feel like you are watching the ...more
Charliegirl1
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay

I liked the premise of this story, but I thought the execution was just okay. I thought the hero was a big jerk and the heroine deserved better.

Spoiler alert:
He sleeps with her and afterward doesn't come to her defense not once, but twice; accuses her of trying to sabotage his deal, sneaks out without telling her that he's not really giving her the brush off, he just acts like he is. Then he says he's sorry and she jumps right back into his arms every time. I think she let him off too
Darcie
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute sweet story

This story was one of two people immensely impacted by the other and never imagining they would run in to one another again. Wow! The fireworks when they see one another again we’re amazing. The struggles they fought through were well fought and worth the HEA they finally found with one another.
Chanel
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who would’ve thought that a conversation between a spoiled little girl and a headstrong teenage boy that occurred at camp years ago but have such an impact on both our lives. These two meet up again years later and boy have their lives changed. Can these two opposites find love Or is it just lust?
Roy Vestal
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hemi Good

Ms. Hughey has added a quality read to the Campfire Falls group. I found this tome to be full of twists and turns like a mountain road as the plot moved forward toward its proper ending. Great read.
Toni
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and fun

I enjoyed this camp story and the backstory between the two characters was different, really enjoyable. I didn't know it was a series, so back to start from the beginning
Judi
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful summer read...

I love this premiss, these two children meet at summer camp and influence each other's lives monumentally then meet again twenty years later. The story telling here grabs you and takes you along for a fun angsty ride.
Azul Blue
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Smores will taste so much better

The chemistry between Diego and Penny was flying, it spilled out of my kindle as I was reading the words. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Kris Kuebel
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Hot

Good sex scenes are not enough if the characters are not that compelling and the storyline is kind of ridiculous.
Kirstie Ibrahim
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet quick and easy read
Amanda
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet romance

A sweet , sort of second change romance. Fun, light, sexy read with the main characters butting heads before they admit they’ve fallen in love.
Janeiowa
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Too many spelling/grammar errors for 4 stars...parent’s when parents’ was obviously needed, etc.
Cassey
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
A mostly enjoyable read, but there were a few interactions between the characters that didn't really work.
Mary
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Back to camp

This was a good story of summer camp revisited 15 years later with the same opposites attraction or was that repugance?

• Kiss Me, Cowboy (76th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3; Bar V5 Dude Ranch #3)
  • Wish I Might (Wishful, #5)
  • See You Again (Wishful, #8)
  • Ranger's Legacy (Montana Rangers #1)
  • Cowboys Don't Quit (Code of the West #2; Tanner Brothers #2)
  • Sprinkled with Love (Bachelor Bake-Off #3; Tangled Charms #1)
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
  • White-Hot Christmas
  • Love Untamed (Diamond Creek, Alaska #4)
  • Her Summer Cowboy (Big Marietta Fair #4; The Scott Brothers of Montana #3)
  • Almost Over It (Clover Park STUDS, #1)
  • Hometown Love (Love on the North Shore, #2)
  • No Stranger to Love (Tavonesi #9)
  • Made In Paradise (A Family Forever Series, Book 2)
  • Trusting Jake (Blueprint To Love #1)
  • Kane (The Wilder Brothers, #4; American Extreme Bull Riders Tour #6)
  • A Long, Cool Rain (The Delaneys of Cambria, #1)
  • A Promise of Home (Lake Howling #1)

USA Today Bestselling Author Lisa Hughey started writing romance in the fourth grade. That particular story involved a prince and an engagement. Now, she writes about strong heroines who are perfectly capable of rescuing themselves and the heroes who love both their strength and their vulnerability. She pens romances of all types—suspense, paranormal, and contemporary—but at their heart, all her

Camp Firefly Falls (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Winning Back His Wife (Camp Firefly Falls, #1)
  • His Counterfeit Campfire Bride (Camp Firefly Falls, #2)
  • Crushing on Cooper (Camp Firefly Falls, #3)
  • Skinny Dipping Dare (Camp Firefly Falls, #4)
  • Time of His Life (Camp Firefly Falls, #5)
  • Mr. Right Next Door (Camp Firefly Falls, #6)
  • One Last Fling (Camp Firefly Falls, #7)
  • His Runaway Campfire Princess (Camp Firefly Falls, #8)
  • Second Chance Summer (Camp Firefly Falls, #9)
  • Falling For the Best Man (Camp Firefly Falls, #10)