Start by marking “The Fandom” as Want to Read:
The Fandom

The Fandom

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  1,286 Ratings  ·  388 Reviews
Cosplay ready, Violet and her friends are at Comic-Con.

They can’t wait to meet the fandom of mega movie, The Gallows Dance. What they’re not expecting is to be catapulted by freak accident into their favourite world – for real. Fuelled by love, guilt and fear, can the friends put the plot back on track and get out? The fate of the story is in their hands ...
Published January 4th 2018 by Chicken House

To ask other readers questions about The Fandom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fandom

Dannii Elle
I think it's every super fan's dream turned reality to find themselves transported into their favourite fictional world. Who hasn't fantasised about taking herbology class in Hogwarts, fighting the white walkers in Westeros, or running the Maze with Minho?

The Fandom allows readers to do just that.

The story begins with Violet, and fellow fangirl Alice, obsessing over their up-coming trip to comic con, where they will get to meet the actor who plays their favourite fictional bae, Willow. Willow re
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ukya
The Fandom was a strange mix of dystopian satire, Inkheart, and a convention book. While I was relieved to find that the characters get transported into the world of their favourite book within the first 50 pages, I knew from the very beginning that this wasn't going to be for me.

The premise sounded amazing. I wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. But the opening chapter featured Violet reciting the plot of 'The Gallow's Dance' to her English class as a presentation on plots. First of all, I ha
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Fandom, danger, love, betrayal, friendship.

Oh man. I love books about fandoms. I love the giddy excitement, getting swept away by the enthusiasm and love.

When I read, I tend to spend a portion of my time imagining that I am in the story with the characters. But let's be honest, would you really want to find yourself in the books you read?

As Violet and her friends discover, this isn't always a good thing. They have disrupted the canon of the world they have found themselves in, and they
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
2.5/5 I wanted to love this, but it wasn't for me. I couldn't connect with any of the characters and the whole thing felt rushed.

Lauren (Northern Plunder)
okay wow.

dnf @ 18 pages because of toxicity.

girls can be cute. ur best friend can be cute and have great boobs. cosplayers can have skin on show.

stop being derogatory towards other girls. we do not need this. girls supporting girls is great and what we should be striving towards. i am sooooo done. i am rolling my eyes at this main character too much.

and lastly who the fuck is princess LEAH?
-----------

i mean i have an ARC so maybe these are changed but hey lets get to know alice - her best fr
Stephen
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
easy going read based in a parallel world of the book the gallows dance
Mo Shake
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it

The main character is so annoying

I’m going to hang in 4 days
I’m going to hang in 3 days
I’m going to ha- HANG ALREADY!!

I won’t be reading the sequel.
Joanne Freitas
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quem lê este livro fica-se a imaginar a si próprio na mesma situação o que acaba por ser um sentimento muito agradável e que ainda dá mais vontade de ler até descobrir o que vai acontecer.

Opinião completa no blog: lostinmyownworldofbooks.wordpress.com...
The Reading's Love Blog
RECENSIONE COMPLETA QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.it/2...

description
Chi non ha mai desiderato di entrare nel proprio romanzo preferito e vivere la storia da protagonista? Fandom consente ai lettori di fare proprio questo. Dalla mente brillante di un'autrice esordiente, veniamo catapultati in una storia distopica e ci immergiamo completamente nell'ambientazione. La protagonista Violet è una ragazza timida e introversa, è una fangirl perdutamente innamorata del suo libro preferito intitolato "La Dan
Olga Kowalska (WielkiBuk)
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
„Fandom” to prawdziwy powiew świeżości pośród młodzieżowych opowieści. Anna Day umiejętnie i z pomysłem operuje znanymi z kultowych opowieści young adult schematami, ale robi to na swoją modłę, bawiąc się i dopasowując znane motywy do swoich celów. To książka o książce, w którym prawa świata wyobrażonego zostają złamane i naciągnięte do granic możliwości, a czytelnikowi wydaje się, że wraz z bohaterami tworzy fabułę na nowo. Niby znamy możliwe zakończenie, niby wszystko jest jasne, a poszczególn ...more
Leon Enciso
Reto 34- 2018 Book Challenge: Un libro publicado en 2018.

Cuando descubrí este libro y vi de que iba no sabia si esperarme una especie de parodia/burla de las novelas distopicas adolescentes (al estilo de la película de”Los muertos del hambre”) o algo que intentara ser mas o menos serio. Y el resultado ciertamente es una mezcla de los dos, a pesar de que la autora suelte varios chistes acerca de los tropos y clichés mas usados del genero en cuestión, estos no llega a ser excesivos ni llegan a opa
Lulai
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun. I think everyone who is a bit a fan of something will like it. A lot of pop culture references, and the plot was fun and actionpack. It was nice.
Fall-Out-Book-Nerd
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Would you want to be transported to the setting of your all time favourite book? What if that book was a dystopian nightmare filled with an evil government, rebels and of course a few cute guys.

This book was definitely... different. But in a way that told an amazing and unusual story. It takes all the clichés I've read in dystopian book and makes fun of them in a way.

I was quite unsure how I felt about this book up until 2/3 of the way through. Then once everything started to make sense I liked
Kari
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshelf
Ich kann die ganzen positiven Rezensionen auf Amazon wirklich nicht nachvollziehen. Wäre das Buch kein Rezensionsexemplar, hätte ich es definitiv abgebrochen.
Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
2.5 stars.
This was good, but too predictable and formulaic. The plot could have been more nuanced and fell short in terms of a resounding conclusion.
Full review to come.
Il confine dei libri
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letti
Salve a tutti!
Oggi vi parlo di una scoperta, non tanto di un libro. Una di quelle storie di cui immagini il finale, che pensi non ti sorprenderà e invece ecco che lo fa. Oggi vi parlo di "Fandom" di Anna Day, edito dalla DeA e gentilmente concesso in anteprima.
Violet è una fangirl spudorata e innamorata persa di un libro distopico dal titolo poco rassicurante, "La danza delle forche". In questo libro gli umani geneticamente modificati per essere migliori, detti Gem, sottomettono in modo brutale
The Reading's Love Blog
RECENSIONE COMPLETA QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.it/2...

description
Mehsi
I had so many hopes that this one would be great... sadly, my hopes were dashed.

First I want to thank my boyfriend for buying this book when I was totally hyped for it. Sorry hun, I just didn't like this one. :( For many reasons. As you can imagine with that rating, it isn't going to be staying in my bookshelves. :(

This review will be chaotic, but I will do my best to write a review.

So let's start with that the book did start off great, really, that is why I wanted this book. The amazing first
Montse Reyor Black
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenil, novela
Me ha encantado esta novela, aunque de calificación le doy un 4.5 pues creo que hay varios detalles que podrían pulirse. Para mí lo mejor fue que es una de esas obras que resulta perfecta para hacer un análisis, pues es un mundo de ficción dentro de otro mundo de ficción. El manejo de historias me pareció maravilloso y, si bien no terminé de encariñarme con la protagonista, fue refrescante ver a una heroína diferente que va madurando y creciendo a lo largo de la obra. El martes 10 tendremos la r ...more
Dreximgirl
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall I was a little disappointed with this book. It had a great premise and some of the concepts were good but it was just a little too predictable and formulaic. The conclusion was also a big let down and resolutions too meh for me.
Kayla
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
This book was so good!
Eℓℓis ♥
Ve ne parlo meglio nella recensione uscita in super anteprima per Romance & Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls :D
andrea caro
I really don't know how to feel about this book, just that I feel uncomfortable.

A girl named Violet is the biggest fan of a book and its film adaption called The Gallows Dance. After a freak accident, they're all catapulted into the world of the Gallows Dance and Violet, as a result, has to resume the place of the main character of that world in order to get back home.

It sounds like a cool theory, but my first problem probably lies in this fictional world. In this world, there are two types of h
N.J. Simmonds
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic concept, a really fun read and clever interweaving of two stories overlapping. Loved its originality, characters and some really great nerve-wracking scenes. Can't wait to read more of Day's work!
Tania
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Questo romanzo punge sul vivo praticamente tutto il mondo. Tutti sono fanatici di qualcosa, chi più chi meno. C'è chi almeno una volta nella vita desidera entrare nel mondo del libro preferito e magari essere il valoroso protagonista. Ma su Fandom il confine tra desiderio e realtà si infrange.

Violet è una ragazza che ama alla follia il libro "La Danza delle Forche" di Sally King. Quest'ultimo parla di un mondo distopico e futuristico diviso in Gem - umani geneticamente modificati per raggiungere
IzamaRi H. Fabela

RESEÑA COMPLETA ➜ https://goo.gl/xN5vps

“El baile del ahorcado”, es la distopía que está de moda entre los jóvenes y tanto el libro como la película cuentan con un gran número de fieles seguidores, entre los que se encuentran Violet, una chica que sabe absolutamente todo acerca del universo y que vive enamorada de Willow, uno de los personajes principales de la historia. Es tan fan de la historia que ella junto a su hermano y amigas deciden asistir a la Comic-con donde podrán conocer al acto
Charlotte Lisbon
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
If this book had not been a buddy read I might not have finished it. The story was ok but very predictable and the characters were a bit annoying. The transition from comic con to the story was mediocre and I felt like the movie was referenced a lot more than the book.
Noseinabook
This book is a great read for anyone who loves fan fiction and especially fans of distopian novels. I really enjoyed the story and the way the author brought not only the fan fiction, but the fictional novel The Gallow’s Dance, to life! I read it on audiobook and I have to say I was not a fan of the narrator. I’d give the audiobook 3 stars, but the book itself is definitely 4 stars for me!
Bex
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5*

I had high hopes for this book, and once I started reading it turned out to be very different to what I was expecting – and I do not mean this as a criticism. I adored this book. It was fun and heart-wrenching and clever all at once.

The plot of this book is one of the best I have read in a long time, and it was executed beautifully by Anna. I loved how all the different worlds within the book (the real world, the book’s The Gallows Dance and the one they are launched into) clashed and intert
SylExLibris
2.9 🌟

Sono davvero confusa da questo libro. Per alcune cose l'ho trovato carino, divertente, ma per altre...ngh. Fin dal principio non mi aspettavo un capolavoro quindi mi sono approcciata in modo abbastanza tranquillo, senza prenderlo troppo seriamente o criticare tutto per forza. E la trama è anche carina, è sempre stato il mio sogno di ragazzina entrare in un libro. Il problema è che la protagonista è praticamente sempre superficiale e stupida, tranne alla fine quando ormai non serve più a nie

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)