Start by marking “The Extinction Trials (The Extinction Trials, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Extinction Trials (The Extinction Trials, #1)

The Extinction Trials

(The Extinction Trials #1)

Betrayal. Sacrifice. Survival.
Welcome to the Extinction Trials.

In Stormchaser and Lincoln's ruined world, the only way to survive is to risk everything. To face a contest more dangerous than anyone can imagine. And they will do anything to win.

But in a land full of monsters - human and reptilian - they can't afford to trust anyone. Perhaps not
Published January 1st 2018 by Usborne Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Extinction Trials, please sign up.
Sjors Wit I really like this book, I just kept reading for hours. After I finished it I immidiately started the second book. And it gave me less of an emotional…moreI really like this book, I just kept reading for hours. After I finished it I immidiately started the second book. And it gave me less of an emotional trauma than the other two book series you mentioned. (less)
Tracey Philpott It's a trilogy now with 'The extinction trials - Rebel' being the last book.

Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
Currently watching Jurassic Park to try and bleach out the travesty that is this book.

This book is advertised as “The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park” so I was expecting, you know.. THE HUNGER GAMES MEETS JURASSIC PARK! Some Battle Royale, fight to the death gore where the competitors not only have to worry about humans but also being eaten by terrifying dinosaurs. Instead this is a sad, sad hodgepodge of both books. I’m honestly annoyed for the dinosaurs. They did not get good exposure with this one.

There
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
Update: currently £0.99 at Amazon! https://amzn.to/2s2Jvra

My first book of 2018! Loved it.

Intense and chilling. Plus there were dinosaurs, and you can't go wrong with dinosaurs!

And did I mention DINOSAURS?
Cora Tea Party Princess
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Words: Friendship, trust, family, betrayal, survival.

When I opened this book, I stepped into a different world. I could see it all play out before me as I read.

I loved both of the main characters, their motives and beliefs. But I think Storm just beat Lincoln in being my favourite. I loved the steady build up of trust and friendship between them, and how a romantic relationship wasn't overshadowing the story,

The writing is rich and vivid, the story intense and twisting.
✨Brithanie Faith✨
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Piloria was a completely different land. The land of the dinosaurs."

description

"Everything they'd been told about dinosaurs was a complete and utter lie. Unintelligent creatures didn't track you for thousands of sectars across a continent. Creatures who only acted on instinct didn't know how to put out fires. Tiny-brained dinosaurs didn't put themselves in harms way to save a hu⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Piloria
Hillary
Jun 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
OMG I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR A BOOK WITH DINOSAURS FOR SUCH A LONG TIME AND NOW THIS IS YA WITH DINOSAURS?! Hell yeah!
Georgina
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
✨4 stars✨
I absolutely adore Jurassic Park, so I was a bit nervous going into this as it’s marketed as ‘The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park’ and I didn’t want it to be a let down. I needn’t have worried, as it definitely wasn’t a let down. Granted, it wasn’t the most amazingly written book ever, but it was so fun to read and I sped through it. I’ve never read anything quite like it, and now I really want more YA books about dinosaurs- if you know of any, please feel free to recommend them
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
T/W- Scenes of Death

When this became available at the library, I was the first to reserve the copy. Imagine my delight when I discovered that dinosaurs are heavily present in the story, I felt super excited to dive into a new adventure. All I will say is, I need the second book please! The Extinction Trials is set in a world where the birth of babies is controlled by the ruling elite and schools don't exist. A set of trials is created to see who can travel to the land of the dinosaur
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dinosaurs and The Hunger Games? Reminiscent of Fire & Flood? SIGN ME UP!

I read this book in one sitting. It was a fast-paced, dystopian, dinos-munching-people delight! The way it's split up into six parts, and then the alternating POVs really helped me fly through it, and I'm excited to see where this series is going to go! The sequel comes out surprisingly quickly after the release of the first book, and even that feels like too long a wait!
Sara Saif

The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park and they make a half-baked baby that possesses the remotest resemblance to each parent, is annoying as shit and makes you wonder if it was even necessary for it to be born.

I’m not really surprised at how much exaggeration an attractive book cover, a grand title and an equally dramatic and well-put synopsis can create. The book, sadly, doesn’t always live up to the resulting expectations.

I have a very distinct impression of The Extinction Trials after finishing it and I’ve already exprexpectations.

melissafandomworld
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such an entertaining book!! I loved the rush I experienced while reading about this dangerous adventure. It's exactly what it's promised out to be; a mix between Hunger Games and Jurassic Parc!
---
the Story-line
Reading this story gave me all the Hunger Games feels, in the best way possible. I really liked the twist the author gave to this story even though there are quite some overlapping feels with the hunger games concept - I normally don't like books that have a lot of resemblence to other p/>
TL
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad, I wouldn't read the next one again but overall I had fun.

♛ Garima ♛
You would think I would not enjoy Hunger Games rip-off but you'd be wrong. Throwing in Dinosaurs...a clear formula for success.

Hunger Game meets Jurassic Park. 'Nough said...I am in!
Britt / Basically Britt
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
[3,5 stars]

Really enjoyed it!
Overall I think the story was a little rushed, the potential was definitely there but I found myself wondering about some stuff that felt simply out of place or questioning the trail of thought quite often. I think the world-building was a little lacking as well as the descriptions. It felt a little...blunt? As I said, it was not bad by any means but it could have been so much better. I mean dinosaurs? Hellooo? That itself is already awesome so I wo
Ellesha
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest, I was hesitant about reading this book because it just didn’t seem like my kinda thing. HOWEVER, I am SO glad that I did, because it is amazing, fantastic, incredible, brilliant, everything! This book is now one of my favourite books because it is just so inventive and different and just enjoyable to read! When it read this, I felt like Piloria was an actual place out there somewhere, and it was so beautiful in my mind.

Everything about this book is great, from the beautiful
Alessandra Crivelli
**THE FULL REVIEW IS COMING**

DAMNED THIS WAS SO FREAKING GOOD!

"The Extinction Trials" is literally a Jurassic Park meets Hunger Games story: we live in a world where the dinosaurs exist during the human-era. We live in a world where births are control by the government because the food is limited. There are no schools because this world needs all the working-hands that it can get. The entire world is grey except for the continent of PILORIA where grows trees and all kind of vegetations but it is also inhabited by th
Jessica
Another DNF... story of my life.

This was supposed to be an awesome buddy read with Hayley but sadly, all that excitement evaporated pretty quickly. The world building was just so simple, I felt like this was written for a really young audience.
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Rating: 4.5 stars

Another one of those reviews I struggle with because I enjoyed the book so much. You know the ones. I read this book weeks ago, and it's taken ages to put thoughts into words. So instead of a coherent review, here are my top 5 reasons for loving The Extinction Trials.

Stormchaser & Lincoln

Wilson could not have picked better main characters for her novel. We're told the story in (almost) alternating chapters by Storm and Lincoln.

Storm is anTrials.
Stormchaserloving The
Jade Ratley
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was honestly sitting how much I thoroughly enjoyed this, it’s described as The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park, and I can see where they’re coming from that: survival of the fittest on an island full of dinosaurs. I however, have never read those two books (but I have seen the Jurassic Park films).
I loved the characters, I loved the plot, I loved the Dino continent.
I hope to pick up the second book soon!

Side note: this is the first book I’ve read since my slump started in May, and it was f
Kelly
When this book was first sold to me as ‘The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park’ I was in some kind of disbelief. That is one heck of a big statement to make and so I was REALLY excited to get into this book and see if it lived up to my high expectations and I am absolutely THRILLED to say that it did just that and MORE. That’s right, this book was just THAT good.

The plot of the book was really interesting and drew me in straight away. A world where humans live crammed onto one continent whilst‘The
Kelly
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating- 4.5 stars.

This book is advertised as The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park and that's certainly true. The chapters are told in more or less alternate chapters between Stormchaser and Lincoln, who both have their own reasons for wanting to take part in the journey to Piloria, the dinosaur planet. I related to Storm wanting her own space and hating being in a crowded place, as resources on their home, including space, are scarce.

Other secondary characters were all different and there should
Jes Reads
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF AT PAGE 260
Carien
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
When I saw this book is marketed as 'Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park' I had to give it a try.

The story is set in a world where humans and dinosaurs live at the same time. Earthasia. the continent where the humans live, is getting crowded and food is getting scarce, so they have set their eyes on the continent Piloria. One problem: it's full of dinosaurs.

When a trial is being organised to see who would be fit to go on an expedition to Piloria lots of people enter. Some -
Kelly-Marie
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This book was soooo good cant wait for the next one. 5 stars 🌟
Kayla
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was soooo good! I loved the whole plot of this book and the characters were really well written.
I need the sequel!

Update 09/06/18
Moved my ranting from 4 stars to 5 stars because I read it again and I noticed how much I did enjoy this book.
Farhina ↯↯ The Wanderer Of Inked Adventures
My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.

"HUNGER GAMES MEETS JURASSIC PARK."

Yes, you read this right! The tag line of this books is indeed that sentence. I have no idea about you but when I read those words I was like heck yeah need it in my life! Imagine me freaking-ly typing my yes yes yes to the available review copy email.
description

Anyway. The Extinction Trials is a story about a fictional earth where humans and dinosaurs existars.
andrea caro
I just want to preamble this by saying that if you put dinosaurs in a book, it's pretty damn difficult to disappoint me. Somehow, this book did.

The whole time I read it I was thinking, this is a 2/3 star book, but all it has to do is the bare minimum for me to give it a much higher rating. I don't know, guys. I was happy about the dinosaurs, but I was frustrated by the first 150 pages being relatively dino-free and the sheer corniness and muddiness of the whole thing.

This book is gi
Ruzaika
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Another version of this review can be found @ The Regal Critiques.

Received in exchange for an honest review from Usborne Publishing UK.

You know you have high expectations pinned on a book when it is pitched as Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park, and you know it's pretty much a recipe for disaster if at all anything goes wrong. Having read and loved both The Hunger Games AND Jurassic Park, I was both incredibly excited and extremely wary when picking this book up. Would it meet my expectations or would it end up as a disaCritiques.
Received
Kevin (Irish Reader)
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gotta love a book with some dinosaurs! This book was really fun and fast paced. Definitely very enjoyable and entertaining! However, my only issue with the book was the writing. I wasn’t particularly attached to any of the characters and wasn’t worried about them during scenes with a T Rex or any other dangerous dinosaur. I also found the dialogue to be quite unrealistic. Apart from that the book kept me invested in the plot and the constant action was great. I need to read book two, because tha ...more
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Wilson - The Extinction Trials [July 4, 2018] 35 22 Jul 09, 2018 09:46AM

• Ride On
  • Flight of a Starling
  • Outwalkers
  • Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl, #2)
  • Flying Tips for Flightless Birds
  • Future Lost (Future Shock, #3)
  • Skylarks
  • The Madness
  • Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea
  • We Are Blood and Thunder
  • Noble Conflict
  • The Colour of the Sun
  • Crowned by Fire (Shadow Thane, #3)
  • Dark Longing (Pure/ Dark Ones #2)
  • Tide
  • Snowglobe
  • Freshers

The Extinction Trials (3 books)
  • Exile (The Extinction Trials #2)
  • Rebel (The Extinction Trials, #3)