Start by marking “Nine While Nine (The Nine While Nine Legacy) (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Nine While Nine (The Nine While Nine Legacy) (Volume 1)

Nine While Nine (The Nine While Nine Legacy) (Volume 1)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Isabeau Finne’s perfect world utterly unravels when she meets Death's right-hand man one fateful night, spiraling her life into a world of chaos and the impossible.

Now beings—which we were taught as children were mer
Published April 10th 2017 by Apocrypha Athenaeum (first published September 29th 2014)

Candace Robinson
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I saw this lovely cover, which by the way is one of my favorites of the year, I have been anxiously waiting to read it!

First what I loved is the girl is like 30 or shall I say woman! It's so hard for me to find Adult or NA books that interest me because most of the time they are just contemporary AB-stomach books or a bunch of descriptions that I don't care about! Thank goodness for this book! Finally, an adult story that held my interest with great writing! And can I just mention the
Sheila {ShesGoingBookCrazy.com}
Cover Reveal post - Check out this beauty!!! http://shesgoingbookcrazy.com/nine-wh...

description
Sarah Cradit
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No Time to Cry is both highly original, and unpredictable. The story starts out in immediate chaos and action as the heroine is thrust into her new world, an effect that is equally as abrupt for her as it is for readers. We follow her into this new world, sharing her confusion, her frustration at not understanding who/what she is and what is expected of her, and her feelings about the people who are now her peers.

There is enough revealed in this first book to provide an exciting setup for whate
Rachael Hansen
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very different than what I normally read but it was very good and interesting! It's a kinda dark book which makes sense with it being about grim reapers and death. However it left me with so many questions from the very that didn't get answered even in the end. I will definitely be reading the second book to get my answers lol
Starlightfaerytale
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephenee
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books where you read the blurb and you think...hmmmm...it sounds good, but is it a top of the TBR list good? Well, it is, and it should be moved to the top of your list - you don't want to miss out on any of this book. The author does an amazing job with spinning a unique take on death, the reaper, and the events that surround it...it is full of surprises, it is unpredictable and it is a book that will keep you up long past your bedtime.

This is the first book in the series,
Stasia Morineaux
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
OneMamaReads
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new and interesting take on the fae, or in this case Siòg, folk. Turns mythology on its head and weaves an enticing tale of power, hatred, change, war and magic.

Isabeau (a favourite name, by the way) is attending her thirtieth birthday party when she unexpectedly dies. However, her death is only really the beginning of this story. In truth, she has been recruited into the Na Teagmhasach Bháis (The Contingency of Death). She has been called to bcome a Coimhdeacht (an escort or usher of Mhesen (
Thrilltalkblog
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
First of all, thank you SO much The Parliament House Press for sending me a free e-arc of this book in exchange for my honest review! All opinions are my own!

My rating: 🌟🌟🌟/5 stars

OKAY! So this is one of those books where the blurb sounds AMAZING yet the novel itself doesn't entirely live up to all of your hopes and expectations, sadly.

Nine While Nine is about a young woman, Isabeau Finne, who finds her world utterly turned upside down and inside out when she winds up dead at her own birthday pa
Bianca Visagie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The full review can be read on my blog: www.yourwordsmyink.com

This was a really enjoyable read. I loved the look into the inner workings of death and the world hidden in our own. The main characters were fleshed out and Isabeau was a relatable and realistic character. I could not put his book down. Some moments felt like a forbidden guilty pleasure while others astounded me with their incredible imaginativeness. I loved the dark romance brewing between Isabeau and Gideon and I literally wanted t
Alice J.
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book. I didn't know what to expect when I picked this novel up, other than being escorted into something otherworldly, and boy I wasn't disappointed! Nine While Nine is a fantastic story about a young woman, Isabeau, who wakes up dead and realises that her entire life has changed. Unfortunately for her there is no rest period as she's thrust straight into a new life and new role, one which she's told very little about. Through it all she has to figure out where she stands in her new life, w ...more
Reem
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1.5 - 2-ish stars

I'm really disappointed because I feel like this book could've been so much better. The synopsis got me really intrigued and the first few pages were really interesting and got me hooked almost instantly. But then things started to get boring and extremely slow-paced, and I couldn't figure out what exactly the plot was.

I also had a hard time relating to the main character, Isabeau. I cut her some slack first because, after all, she did just die, so honestly maybe her reactions w
Lauren Schuyler James (storied.adventures)
Full Review on my blog, Storied Adventures

*I received an e-book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Okay, when I was reading this book I thought it was a solid 3 star for me. But then I kept thinking and thinking about it so I bumped it up to 3.5!

I thought everything was really well done except for the explanation of what was going on. Like, I still don't know what happened to Isabeau or what she is, or how she got there. Still super confused. But I really like the story, world bui
Pas
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I need the next book! Like right now!

How can an author do such a thing to her readers? I've never asked for a broken heart.
Please people, read this book, I need to talk about it! An I'll try to calm myself.

I had the opportunity to read this book before its release day and I don't know if I regret this or not.
I mean, it is an amazing read. I love the atmosphere, (almost) all characters, the universe. Everything is so mythological in this book and this is what made me fall for it. I fell for the c
R.J. Garcia
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a layered and gothic read. It starts off interesting and becomes a real page-turner with an intricate story and intriguing characters. It's fun, oddly romantic and sometimes dark. Stasia Morineaux prose is elegant and rich but also light and fun other times. I will definitely check out the next one!
Jessica
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG 💕💕💕💕 This book is EPIC beyond belief!! I cant wait for the second one to come out...wicked book hangover and cliffhanger!! Forget what you're doing and sit and check out this book because there will be none like it. The characters are amazing, the setting is splendid, and the mood is divine! I can't recommend a book strongly enough as this one!💖💖💖
Sarah Bowe
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything quite like this and I believe I quite like this world. It could be very confusing at times and I still don't know everything, but I think that's what makes it interesting.
While Gideon is sexy and all, I was SO FRUSTRATED with him..... Especially at the end.... What is going on?!
Carla Lewis
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***I received an arc of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review***

This book was definitely my cup of tea! A heroine who is in her thirties. So many books today feature twenty-something characters, so it was really refreshing to see someone closer to my own age featured in such a powerful and engrossing book.
The one thing I absolutely love in books is mythology. And boy did the author create a unique and interesting one. I felt myself drawn into the world. I love Fae lore a
любов Арабаджиева
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and here it is:
The first thing that made me want to read this book was the book trailer (You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLCVB...) and when the author got in touch with me I was literally in hеaven. I had such big expectation for this book and it did not disappoint me.
When you are an avid reader there comes a time when you read some books and in about the third of the way in to the story you have a pretty good
Summer Albin
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bewitched by NWN!!!
I just finished reading Nine While Nine, and I loved it! From plot, setting and characters to conflict, drama and effortless humor, the author weaves a beautiful and rich tapestry of magical storytelling. I know I’m reading a great book when; I find myself thinking about the characters and situations when I’m not reading the book, My children go feral and free-range because I can’t stop reading, I forfeit sleep to read, and finally I consider rereading immediately after finish
Stephie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an e-arc of this book by the publisher.

So, firstly I need to say that I’m kinda conflicted about this book. In the beginning it felt really descriptive, which bored me and made it hard for me to be truly engaged. In the first few chapters I actually thought that I might end up not really enjoying this book at all, which would have been a shame since the premise of this book sounded really great.

Then the first big thing happened in the book and it got me interested in the story. Sadl
Jaiden- The Literary Coffee Faerie
This is a new author for me but one I will never forget! There are many books recently about death and reapers but this one has completely stood out. It is so different from the others in the best way possible. This book made me cry, smile and even angry at times which is hard to make me do as I do not get angry easily.

The prologue was a bit confusing for me as it seems to jump point of view a couple times but once I got to the first chapter it all started to make sense. The first couple chapter
Anjee
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No time to cry is a fitting title. This book is very fast paced, and by the end I wanted to know more.

The setting in which we have the heroine has me a bit perplexed. We start off with Isabelle the heroine whom is into the gothic scene. She loves life, is a free spirit, and surprisingly enough writes her own paranormal romance books. Right at the beginning she has a party, and dies from a poisonous drink. What she doesn’t know is that someone is there to take her “spirit” with them so to speak.
Nicole
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Isabeau Finne's perfect world utterly unravels when she meets Death's right-hand man one fateful night, spiralling her life into a world of chaos and the impossible. Suddenly, she is no longer Isabeau and becomes part of the most secretive inner-workings of Death itself, as well as an otherworldly dominion of ancient magic. Now beings- which we were taught as children were merely fictional creations of wildly whimsical minds- are edging their way into her world as well. Buggans and Kobolds and V ...more
Wopsywoobookblog
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me but I’ve got to say one who I will remember. As of late there are very few paranormal/fantasy authors who have the ability to captivate me. I can count on one hand authors who have left an impression on me and I’m so excited to discover another.

However, I didn’t realise that this book would be left on a cliffhanger. There’s me, plodding along thinking ‘I’m so happy, let’s keep the story going.’ And it ends. I’d gotten to the end without realising.

Well as you can imagi
Alisha Frias
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good read for being free. Going into it I wasn't too sure but i really enjoyed this. I really don't get the title. The story started off at a nice pace.

The cover isn't awesome. But this is one of those cases "don't judge a book by its cover"

(Ahh and finally after 66% the story behind the title is revealed!)

I haven't read many books about reapers (they don't like to be called that.) So this is was different for me. The author even created new names for them...so it kept me gue
Elida Åsland
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not stop reading it. I started one evening and spent the next day reading the rest. I could not let it go! I just had to know what happened. It was wonderfully written, the language was beautiful. The scenery and the characters were so alive. I fell in love with the men. It was so suspenseful, there was so much unsaid, so it kept me on my toes, needing to read to find out more. I was really original, I loved the Celtic mythology, and was as confused as the character of the meaning of the ...more
Danielle Roux
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel is romantic, magical, pleasantly spooky. I was reminded a bit of the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness but with more edge and instead of witch and vampire lore, there is some incredible and complex Fae mythos. I’m ready to visit Tiarnas and see what Isabeau gets up to with her powers … and of course with all the sexy gentlemen she meets in the next book in the series!!!
Jamie
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this tome from first time author Stasia Morineaux (ok, full disclosure: she's a friend of mine). It moved at a pretty fast pace despite my slow poke reading style. It did get a bit hard to follow at times with the language but quick references to the glossary in the back did the trick. I'm intrigued to find out what happens next to Isabelle/Illiana.
Chrissi
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
What a great read!! This book definitely ticked all the boxes for me. The characters are well developed and the reaper lore is fairly easy to follow. The storyline moves along fairly consistently, and I would love to see what happens with this series.
« previous 1 3 next »

Stasia Morineaux grew up in Southern California, pursuing faeries in the garden and seeking spirits in the local graveyard with her cat Bartleby; they also spent countless nights hunting down things that went bump!

She has since resettled in Franklin, Tennessee with her hubster and kidlet, as well as with a bevy of creatures…both real and “imaginary”.

Mysterious dreams, copious hours of awesome musi