Start by marking “The Stolen Girls (Detective Lottie Parker, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Stolen Girls (Detective Lottie Parker, #2)

The Stolen Girls

(D.I. Lottie Parker #2)

The young woman standing on Lottie’s step was a stranger. She was clutching the hand of a young boy. ‘Help me,’ she said to Lottie. ‘Please help me.’

One Monday morning, the body of a young pregnant woman is found. The same day, a mother and her son visit the house of Detective Lottie Parker, begging for help to find a lost friend.

Could this be the same girl?

When
Published July 6th 2017 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Stolen Girls, please sign up.
Katherine Ivan A paperback edition of this title is currently available for pre-order from Amazon UK. I purchased my paperback copy from The Book Depository. Hope th…moreA paperback edition of this title is currently available for pre-order from Amazon UK. I purchased my paperback copy from The Book Depository. Hope that helps!(less)
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Simone
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Stolen Girls (Detective Lottie Parker, #2)
Kaceey
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is the highly anticipated follow-up to Patricia Gibney's outstanding debut, The Missing Ones.

I highly recommend starting with the first in the series, as you’ll be introduced to all the players in Detective Inspector Lottie Parker's life. Both personally and professionally. We pick up the story a few months following the end of book one (No spoilers here!). In this second installment, Lottie's work and family life are equally divided and the lines get crossed or at least blurred in that res
Meredith
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Stolen Girls is a deeply disturbing police procedural that focuses on sex trafficking, organ harvesting, and self-harm. This is book two in the Lottie Parker series, and it does not disappoint .

Detective Lottie Parker is a mess. Her three children are trying to recover from the events that occurred four months prior (in book one), and her partner Boyd is also falling apart. To say their lives are in shambles is an understatement.

When the body of a young pregnant woman is found buried on a r
Mary Beth
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is the second book in the Detective Lottie Parker Series. I loved this one more than the first book. This action packed, nerve wrecking tale had me furiously turning pages late into the night to see what happened next. Beautifully written, fast paced, and thrilling. This is a police procedural with a lot of twists thrown in. I didn't know who the killer was until the end and the last twist involving one of the main characters was a beautifully happy moment to read. This is another masterpi
Christine
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

Wow, Ms. Patricia Gibney has written a great follow up to her debut novel, The Missing Ones. The Stolen Girls, #2 in the Detective Lottie Parker series, packs a wallop.

DI Lottie Parker is back to work with the Irish garda (police) after a several month leave of absence following her harrowing adventures chronicled in The Missing Ones. A single mom of three, Lottie is seemingly operating with minimal sleep and piles of outside distractions, mainly having to do with her highly stressed t
Liz
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is the second mystery in the Lottie Parker series. Lottie has just returned to work after four months off following the trauma from the end of book one. She’s still trying to balance work, widowhood and a household with three teenagers. I'm not sure who's suffering the most here, Lottie or her kids. This time around, Lottie seems to be at odds with everyone. What really rings true is how little we often know what our teenagers are up to.

On her first day back, she's handed a murder investig
Carolyn
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, crime, netgalley
I've been really looking forward to reading this follow up to Patricia Gibney's successful debut The Missing Ones and I have not been disappointed with this cracker of a story. DI Lottie Parker is back at work following the events that nearly killed her son and shook her whole family in her previous novel. Her three kids are still struggling to get back to normal and teenage Chloe in particular is not coping but Lottie is too tied up in work to give them the attention they need. The bodies of tw ...more
Erin
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, series
Thanks to NetGalley for an uncorrected digital galley in exchange for an honest review.

Yes, I am handing out another 5 star to Patricia Gibney who is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors for police procedurals. Earlier this year, I read her debut novel "The Missing Ones " and was dying to get my hands on book two. Thank goodness I didn't have to wait a whole year!

The Stolen Girls, takes place four months after the events of the aforementioned book one and Lottie and her team have the tas
Sue
THE STOLEN GIRLS by Patricia Gibney is the second book in the Detective Lottie Parker Series. I was anxious to continue on with the series, as I loved her debut novel, “The Missing Ones”. These books continue to get better and better. I loved this one more than the first book.

I recommend reading the books in order in the series, as the novels pick-up where the last one finishes off. In this second novel, Lottie walks a fine line between work and family life. Detective Lottie Parker, our protagon
Lisa
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-fiction
Wow The Stolen Girls was a powerful disturbing read for me it involved sex trafficking organ harvesting & self harm at some stages in this book I was in tears as the subject matter was pulling at my heart strings I did get through it & am happy with myself that I finished it not that I wasn't.

the story starts off when a woman & a child end up at Lottie Parkers house wanting help but Lottie turns them away she is having problems with her children coping with events four months prior ( in book one
Holly
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2017
We're back for the second outing with Lottie Parker. Just like the first one, this deals with a sensitive topic, also. It starts off with a horrific and graphic scene and it doesn't let up. I felt like I was on a roller coaster with this novel and it didn't stop to let me breathe till the book was finished. Seriously, this left me winded. I suppose that has a lot to do with Lottie. There wasn't a moment where she wasn't on the move. This murder begins four months after the first book and all the ...more
Sean Peters
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great find.... Patricia Gibney

A book full of disturbing characters with a dark, gritty, gory , disturbing, violent plot but realistic.

A fast paced, full of twists and turns, full of nasty characters and a main character in Lottie Parker who is no saint herself and surely need lessons in parenthood, but fully dedicated police officer.

One Mon
Adrian Dooley
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So the second in the Detective Lottie Parker series. I really liked the first instalment and I'm glad to report I enjoyed this one just as much, if not more.

A pregnant girl is found in the ground by a labourer doing roadworks. Soon another womans body is found, again by the same man, in the same circumstances.

Meanwhile Lottie Parker has a female caller and small child to her house. Foreign with very little English, she is pleading with Lottie to help her find her missing friend and leaves her
Susan
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Detective Inspector Lottie Parker is returning to work after a leave of absence following the tragedies of her last novel. Like everything in Parker's life, it starts off with a bang. A young immigrant woman shows up at her front door with her young son and a letter in Albanian, a dead body of a young girl missing a kidney is discovered and her children are angry that she's returning to work and worse of all, she she can't find her keys.

Thing move at a rapid pace. More murdered young women with
Dee Ryan
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Patricia Gibney’s second book and Book two in the Lottie Parker Series. The first chapter of The Stolen Girls kicks you right in the guts it’s a very hard read as an opening chapter.

The story alternates between current day and Kosovo during the war. In Kosovo a young orphaned boy is found wandering and is taken by soldiers to the Chicken Farm. One of these soldiers is so kind to him but there are others he is unsure of.

In present day Ireland Lottie Parker and her team are dealing with th
Michael
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is a lot to be said for good old-fashioned mystery. The stuff that makes you think, The many twists we did not see coming and hands-on detective work. In recent years crime/thrillers seem to be swaying away from them pillars to over the top plots, dominated by excessive drama and endings that leave you scratching your head as to what you just read.

While Patricia Gibney debut novel The Missing Ones did not reinvent the crime/thriller wheel, what it did do was give us what we fans of the gen
Barbara
This was a 3.5 read for me and unfortunately I couldn't bump it up to 4. I wanted to like this second in the series by Gibney as I liked the first in the series. I must confess I am attracted to the series because the setting is Ireland and the author is female. However in this novel, the only clues that this was an Irish setting was the frequent use of the word "fecking" by everyone especially Lottie Parker's commanding officer, and the term Garda/Gardai. There was almost no sense of place whic ...more
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
This was a mess:
- Blundering evildoers shambling around doing their evil deeds. Lucky for them, that the detective team after them was quite dysfunctional & without a single detective on it, seemingly. Lucky dogs!
- The notion that about just anyone can grab a scalpel, cut out a bunch of entrails, put them in some container and voila, they've got organs for transplantation is underresearched, let's put it like that,
- The timelines & the POVs jumping around didn't really improve anything,
- All the
Elaine Tomasso
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of The Stolen Girls, the second novel set in the fictional Irish town of Ragmullin to feature DI Lottie Parker.

After a few months off to help her children recover from the events of the first novel, The Missing Ones, Lottie comes back to work and has to dive straight back into another murder, that of a young woman found in some roadworks. As the bodies pile up the case widens into something much more.

The Stolen Girls is an extrem
Fictionophile
Almost exactly a year ago, I read the first novel in Patricia Gibney’s Lottie Parker police procedural series. It was fantastic! I’ve been meaning to read the second in the series for some time now – I’m SO glad to report that it was just as good as the first.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Those of you who haven’t yet made the acquaintance of Lottie Parker, I’ll recap.
Lottie Parker is a Garda Síochána detective inspector who lives and works in the fictional town of Ragmullin in the Irish Midlands
Alex Cantone
The Stolen Girls opens with atrocities committed in Kosovo in 1999, and moves forward to May 2015 and Ragmullin in Ireland, where a young woman awaits her fate. She is one of three young women found by the same Kosovan labourer in the space of a week, all raped, a kidney surgically removed, shot and hidden in excavation works.

The investigative team is led by DI Lottie Parker, recently returned to duty after a harrowing ordeal, and who is visited at her home by a foreign girl with a small boy, ha
Julie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quickly becoming a fave series

First the negative. The narrator is SLOW, but on 1.25 works great. Also, I'm not sure how tired I am with cases (not just in this series but in others) involving the lead's family/friend/lover but I'm close to being over it. Why can't a lead just have family/friends/lovers that just exist and not be haunted by the plot line.

That said I really like Lottie Parker and her gang. It's filled with suspense, complicated relationships, police procedural, and action - I say
Amy
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

I was totally blown away by Gibney’s debut, The Missing Ones and really excited that it was the start of a new series featuring Lottie Parker. I’ve been dying to read this book since I finished the first and I’m so glad to be able to tell you that book two is just as amazing as the first one!

There is a lot going on here, plenty of cases running simultaneously and tons to keep Lottie on her toes. First, the body of a young pregnant girl is foun
Meggy Chocolate'n'Waffles
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Nothing could have prepared me for The Stolen Girls. I knew the book was the second in a series, but I felt adventurous enough to jump in anyway and go against my own rule about reading books in order. I am both happy and devastated I took that decision!

The opening sets the tone. I was strangely fascinated and repulsed by the story I was being told. A land far away, a few years ago, and yet I could feel everything as if it were happening in front of my eyes. This is the first step of a harrowing

Richard
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A strong second novel. In one sense it is a more accomplished story while on the other hand a little disappointing in that a similar formula appears to have been used.
Clearly it works but for me it is a slight criticism. This is not a fair critique I accept like being delighted by a new beer from your favourite brewery and complaining that they used the same ingredients.
The driving force behind the crime here is greed and the profits to be made people trafficking and prostitution in Lottie Parke
Eva
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hoo boy, can Patricia Gibney spin a tale! A few months ago, I was raving about The Missing Ones and it looks like I’ll be doing the same again.

The Stolen Girls is the second book in the Lottie Parker series and I’m already telling you now that no, you shouldn’t read this as a stand-alone. Lottie and her family are struggling with the devastating consequences of the case in the previous book and if you don’t know what happened there, you’re missing out on quite a bit.

A young woman and her son app
Pamela
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wavered between 3.5 and 4 stars, but went with 4 because Ms. Gibney is very good at writing. I enjoyed meeting up with Lottie and the gang again, although, we didn't see much of anyone but Boyd. I was happy to get some more of his story.

The opening is very raw and heartbreaking, so be prepared! Once again, we find Lottie struggling with family, work and life, and not always with good results. I appreciate her flaws, but at the same time, would like to see some more stability with her - this is
Joan
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
I had some difficulty becoming engaged with this novel. It is the second in a series, the first of which I have not read. Quite a bit of the personal interaction between the detectives in the police force is a result of happenings in the first novel so I was a bit lost there. The novel takes place in Ireland but I felt the setting was not established well, perhaps again from missing the first novel.

I really had trouble liking the lead on the murder investigation, Detective Lottie Parker. She wa
Thomas Strömquist
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
An odd experience for me. I had so much trouble getting into this book and giving it a chance because of personal circumstances (and starting 6 books in parallel), so I’ll happily admit this time that “book, it’s not you, it’s me”. At the same time, I was caught up often when meaning to read a few pages and ending up reading chapters... so I know this had something more than your standard police procedural. Characters are interesting as well. So the “above average” rating in my head gets rounded ...more
Chandra Claypool (WhereTheReaderGrows)

Coming right off of Book One in the Lottie Parker series (The Missing Girls), we go right back into Lottie's life a few months later. Book Two has Lottie getting back to work, but before she can even get out of her house, a young woman and her son are on her doorstep, seeking help. Leaving a mysterious letter they need to translate, she heads into work and is immediately distracted with a murdered young pregnant woman. Lottie tends to push the line when it comes to what she should be doing while
Margaret Madden
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: irish-fiction, kindle
It is DI Lottie Parker's first day back at work after after a traumatic ordeal and things are not going well. Already late to work, she finds a young woman and her child on her doorstep. The stranger does not have much English and hands Lottie a letter before disappearing as quickly as she appeared. Not long after her work day begins, the station is awash with activity as the body of a pregnant girl is found by a road maintenance worker. Before long, another body is discovered, and a local teena ...more

• Deadly Cry (DI Kim Stone #13)
  • Killing Mind (D.I. Kim Stone #12)
  • Child's Play (DI Kim Stone, #11)
  • Breathe Your Last (Detective Josie Quinn, #10)
  • Bold Lies (DI Kelly Porter, #5)
  • Deep Fear (DI Kelly Porter, #2)
  • Lost Cause (DI Kelly Porter, #8)
  • Little Doubt (DI Kelly Porter, #7)
  • Blood Rites (DI Kelly Porter, #6)
  • Bitter Edge (DI Kelly Porter, #4)
  • Last Girls Alive (Detective Katie Scott #4)
  • Dead End (DI Kelly Porter, #3)
  • First Blood (DI Kim Stone, #0.5)
  • Dark Game (DI Kelly Porter, #1)
  • Fatal Promise (D.I. Kim Stone, #9)
  • Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn, #8)
  • Flowers on Her Grave (Detective Katie Scott, #3)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
See top shelves…
My name is Patricia Gibney and I’m from Mullingar, County Westmeath. Right in the heart of Ireland. Surrounded by lakes, Mullingar is damp and wet most of the year but when the sun shines it is a little piece of heaven on earth. I’ve lived here all my life. I’m widowed, seven years in May, but was married to Aidan since 1982. I’ve three children who keep me sane, or maybe keep the madness at bay, ...more

D.I. Lottie Parker (10 books)
  • The Missing Ones (Detective Lottie Parker, #1)
  • The Lost Child (Detective Lottie Parker, #3)
  • No Safe Place (Detective Lottie Parker, #4)
  • Tell Nobody (Detective Lottie Parker, #5)
  • Final Betrayal (Detective Lottie Parker, #6)
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • Buried Angels (DI Lottie Parker #8)
  • Silent Voices (DI Lottie Parker #9)
  • Little Bones (Detective Lottie Parker #10)