Start by marking “Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 2: Masks” as Want to Read:
Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 2: Masks

Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 2: Masks

(Hawkeye: Kate Bishop (Collected Editions) #2)

Hawkeye finally gets a lead on the top-secret case that brought her to Los Angeles in the first place - but to solve this mystery, Kate Bishop will have to take a good hard look at who she is and where she came from. Is she really ready to face the ghosts of her past? Maybe fixing things for a young client with oddly similar problems will help her fix herself! Probably ...more
Published January 2nd 2018 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Hawkeye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hawkeye

Start your review of Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 2: Masks
Chad
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Thompson does a great job of bringing intrigue in via Kate's family history. There's daddy issues, potential mother murders, fight clubs, clones and Madame Masque all packed in. The book looks like a modern day 70's pulp cover art come to life. One of those California detective novels but with a teenage detective who substitutes a bow for a gun.
Calista
This story has grown since the opening volume and I thought it was better. The world expands and gets weird.

We meet Kate's dad - he turns out to be a super-villain. Kate walks into a cage fighting ring and has to fight for her life. She is solving crimes while looking for her mother at the same time.

Kate is funny and is throwing out these one liners, but she doesn't crack me up. It's cute. Some other Marvel characters show up in the story.

This is a well done story and I'm beginning to really
Diz
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) has a lot of personality, and it comes out in her frequent jokes (often bad, but lovable) and her expressive face and gestures (both artists in this book do a fantastic job of this). I'm a big fan of the art, and the story has some nice twists in it that are a lot of fun to read. More Kate Bishop, please.
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
I enjoyed this volume a lot more than the first volume.

Granted, I still don't feel like I have a good handle on the supporting cast but Kate really shined in this volume. The dialogue was great! The jokes really landed and I like seeing more about Kate's family history.

One thing I greatly appreciated about this volume was that it didn't shy away from how hard the job is on Kate's body. Sometimes, even the regular humans are written as though being thrown into several walls, glass windows and
James DeSantis
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This was better than volume 1 but still didn't blow me away.

So Kate comes face to face with her worst enemy. Her pops. Now this asshole has done a lot of terrible things but did you know he has powers? Yeah, me either. So with a Purple Man-lite thing going on Kate might be in more trouble then she expected. With her scooby group of crime fighters she must go through some fight club shit and cracking a brand new case.

Overall, it's fun. Kelly Thompson does good with the dialogue. The best issue
Wing Kee
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Characters stories are the best!

World: The art is great, cause it gives so much characters to the characters. The motion is also good and creative splash pages make me happy. The world building is solid but on the simple side. It's okay cause it's well constructed so yeah it's good.

Story: Very simple and straightforward tale and it's good. The pacing is fast and the character moments throughout making readers care and fall in love with Kate and Co. The villain this arc was strong and personal
Christy
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This continues to be one of my favorite books.
Chris Lemmerman
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
[Read as single issues]
Kate Bishop's favourite person in the entire world has returned - that's right, Madame Masque has come to town, and that means nothing but trouble for Kate and her pals. Plus: Clones! Pizza dog! Daddy issues! And a hell of a lot of arrows!

Controversial opinion: I think this version of Hawkeye is better than the Fraction/Aja one. Kate's a much more interesting character, and the voice that Kelly Thompson gives her is wonderful. The fact that she has all of these extra
Scott
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kate "don't call me 'lesser Hawkeye' or I WILL kick your @$$, you idiot" Bishop nicely sidesteps a sophomore slump and again performs triumphantly in her solo title. I'm not sure this was (warning: archery reference) an inner 10 ring shot like her initial volume but it was still pretty damn good.

Hawkeye takes on the unstoppable Madame Masque (not a spoiler - they have an action pose on the rear cover) again when attempting to uncover - cue the threatening music - family secrets! She is also
Logan
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still a pretty solid run! I think out of all the female iterations (of traditionally male characters) that Marvel have created, Jane Foster Thor and Kate Bishop Hawkeye are the most well written and best characters in their own right! Overall the story is very engaging and interesting and the artwork blends with the story well! The last issue with Laura Wolverine left a bit to be desired, but overall another good volume!
Robert Davis
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
I am still really enjoying the Kate Bishop version of Hawkeye, in fact it seems to be getting better with each issue. Kate Bishop is the best. She kicks ass! (still without super-powers, but maybe that will change in the next volume? o_0

Natalie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
1. I can’t wait to read the next one.
2. Where’s my effing Kate Bishop Netflix show?!?
Frédéric
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Another cool and pleasant volume of Hawkeye.

I learned of Kate Bishop's existence with Matt Fraction's excellent previous run on the title which gives you some clue on my level of knowledge of the character. Seems like Katie has some understable daddy issues since she suspects him to have had her mother killed.

This volume centers on this aspect of Kate's life- the reason she moved west in the first place- with a bit of Madame Masque in between and a Wolverine (Laura/Gaby) cameo to top it all.

I
Izza
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars |
Craig
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a lot of fun. Even though the style continues to ape Fraction/Aja's take, I think it's becoming its own thing. Kate and her circle of friends are pretty down-to-earth and I like the fairly low stakes mysteries. Artwork is nice, too.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read Hawkeye: Kate Bishop Vol. 2 as individual issues through the Marvel Unlimited app.

Kate Bishop continues her tale in Hawkeye: Kate Bishop Vol. 2: Masks. This volume deals with a lot of different issues for Kate, so in many ways this is a deeply personal quest all of the sudden. What had started as her needing to be in a new setting has suddenly become a quest for the truth for her.
Like in all previous examples involving Kate…she’s not very good at shielding herself. Sure, she can kick
Shannon Appelcline
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Kelly Thompson's Kate Bishop comic continues to be excellent: this volume is even better than the first.

That's in large part because of Kate's unique viewpoint and her great kick-assedness. From Young Avengers we know that she's a truly superior fighter, but that's played up even more here. Combine that with her immediate ability to read a room, depicted with hilarious art throughout this volume, and you get a really enthralling character.

The plots in this second volume are also terrific. We get
Renata
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I definitely liked this more than vol 1--now that some of that setup is out of the way, we can get back to Kate Bishop being extremely Kate Bishop. PLUS a crossover with All-New Wolverine?? PLUS Lucky the Pizza Dog and Jonathan the Literal Wolverine are best friends now?????? What's not to love.
Emily Randolph-Epstein
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kate Bishop's Hawkeye was my favorite part of the Young Avengers and I'm so happy she's got her own book. She's smart, sassy and has great friends. I'm loving the storyline so far and I'm eager to see where things go next. Also, Wolverine crossover - who doesn't love one of those?
Kellie
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Hawkeye is wonderful and there was a special appearance by my FAVORITE super hero so 5 stars all around ...more
Lenny
Thompson and Romero’s saga of Kate Bishop’s Hawkeye continues in this next volume, as Kate closes in on the case that brought her to Los Angeles – tracking down her father. But it seems the closer she gets to an answer, the more questions she finds – and the more frozen peas she needs to sooth her bruises. Yikes.

If you love superheroes has a perfect quip for every setback and goon fight, you’ll continue to love Kate Bishop. Writer Kelly Thompson finds the perfect pitch of humor and sass to draw
Sana
'Uh. I don't think he can breathe, Kate.'
'Do we care? Okay, fine, we care.'

Kate, the only band-aid wearing superhero for miles. I just love her quirky personality so much that I'm starting to feel like this is the best version that I've read of hers. I mean, bad jokes and street adventures for days haha. Also, it doesn't get better than Kate yelling 'Are you not entertained?!' to a bunch of sweaty boxers in a fight club like I love this dork, never change.

The mystery is great, I was a fan of the
Josh
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This series is another where art and writing and everything simply comes together in unison. I've enjoyed Bishop's character from the beginning, and Thomson's writing only makes that more true--backed by the rest of the creative team. The captions, the use of panels--everything is on point here.

Volume 2 brings Kate back with all the sass and attitude, all the adventure, and all the mystery that made volume 1 so excellent. With Bishop on the west coast, we get to see some new environments and
Rod Brown
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
My main problem with the first volume was that Kate Bishop was such a generic a character that almost any other character could have been plugged into the same story. This volume starts to reveal some of the past events that went into creating the heroic and adventurous young woman who has been bouncing through these pages.

I'm enjoying the story twists and humor, especially the self-deprecating bits about the overuse of clones. (I think there needs to be some similar acknowledgement that the
Mike
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kate is the kind of friend you want to wing-woman you in a sleazy bar. But probably not come over to your place for a casual drink and some Nintendo. Not that she wouldn’t class up the joint (you know there’s some dirty undies under the couch, you pig), but that she would kick your ass at anything requiring aim or precision. Mario Kart would be especially painful.

The quest for friends, mom and help not being a self-destructive loner? Good story. The ridiculous diversions along the way. Great
Xanthe
Basically Kate Bishop having a rough couple of days, taking down hoards of bad guys, getting punched in the face repeatedly, and dealing with daddy issues. So, completely fun and entertaining! I love the art that shows how Kate sees the world (as targets) and the action sequences. Great cast and ongoing story.
Katie
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kelly does such excellent character work. This book is so well-done and yes, reminiscent of Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye, but in a good way. Love the art, but especially the flashback scenes in shades of purple. I'm a sucker for a monotone look in comics and Hawkeye does it especially well. If you liked volume 1, volume 2 feels a bit more solid as we continue to dive into the world of Kate.
Pietra Ibrisimovic
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
i loved learning a bit about Kate's past AND I LOVED GETTING TO SEE LAURA AND GETTING TO MEET GABBY (it was my first time reading about her ok i have no idea WHOMST she is) AND CLINT MY BABY THE ENDING MADE ME SO HAPPY I LOVE THESE TWO SO MUCH
Akkisuitok
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-comics
Part 3 of "2017 comic series I was reading until Marvel cancelled them all"
I like Kate Bishop, and her series has been fun, and dramatic in all the right ways. Superhero comics at this point in time always excel more at telling smaller, more personal stories. This has been done very well here.
Amy
3.5 stars. I've always liked the superheros without powers and quippy conversations are a plus. The side-villains stories are pretty silly but the father-daughter-mother backgrounds are always interesting.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hawkeye, Volume 6: Hawkeyes
  • Hawkeye, Volume 5: All-New Hawkeye
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Let Them Eat Cake
  • The Unstoppable Wasp, Vol. 2: Agents of G.I.R.L.
  • She-Hulk, Volume 3: Jen Walters Must Die
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 10: Life is Too Short, Squirrel
  • The Mighty Captain Marvel, Vol. 2: Band of Sisters
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 10: Time and Again
  • The Mighty Captain Marvel, Vol. 3: Dark Origins
KELLY THOMPSON has a degree in Sequential Art from The Savannah College of Art & Design. Her love of comics and superheroes have compelled her since she first discovered them as a teenager. Currently living in Portland, Oregon with her boyfriend and the two brilliant cats that run their lives, you can find Kelly all over the Internet where she is generally well liked, except where she's ...more

Hawkeye: Kate Bishop (Collected Editions) (3 books)
  • Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 1: Anchor Points