Start by marking “The Doctor, the Chef or the Fireman” as Want to Read:
The Doctor, the Chef or the Fireman

Read Book* *Different edition

The Doctor, the Chef or the Fireman

Kendra King ran away from her boyfriend so fast, she almost left her favorite Louis purse behind. Newly-minted doctor Christopher Randall had been the man of her dreams, until she uncovered his dangerous secret.
Moving from Richmond, Virginia to nearby Cory City was easier for the 26-year-old than confronting her ex, and she busied herself with her new career. Soon, handso
Published April 12th 2017 by DKLit

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor, the Chef or the Fireman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor, the Chef or the Fireman

Start your review of The Doctor, the Chef or the Fireman
Sara Strand
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'll start by saying I'm giving this one 4.5 stars. I'm only knocking it down a bit because I wish we got a little more follow up with some of the characters at the end. I can't tell you who because it ruins it a bit.

In this story we have Kendra who is fresh off a not so great relationship with the doctor. She's left him, moved into a new place and is starting over in a new town with a new job and soon, a new boyfriend. Immediately upon moving in she meets Matt, the firefighter. Attraction flie
Dede Janzen
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great summer read. It was about a girl, Kendra, who leaves her boyfriend doctor and moves to a small town. She left her boyfriend doctor due an illegal issue she knew about him. Kendara then meets the fireman who she becomes interested in. While she starts dating the fireman, she also meets a chef that she likes at a local restaurant. the story evolved into a conspiracy about how this small town hospital is so busy and why that is and what is causing everyone to be so ill. This a grea ...more
Lynn Mcclelland
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can she really be smitten with three men at once?

Kendra makes a move to escape her past and heal her broken heart; and while she is surprised by the number of good-looking men in such a small town, seems there are also secrets to be unraveled. Things are not what they appear on the surface, but who can she trust?
Julie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways, romance
Kendra has a dilemma over which eligible bachelor attracts her more: a doctor, a chef, or a fireman. They all have their advantages and personality quirks. All she wants to do is blend into the small town that she just moved into. She doesn't want to get pulled into the politics of a small town, but it seems unavoidable.
I enjoyed the twists and turns of the story to find out who Kendra realized was the man she wanted to be with.
Denise Levendoski
Thank you to Debbie K. Lum and Goodreads.com I won this book in a Giveaway.

Very quick, funny and intriguing story that ended up not what I expected. Had a great tempo and kept my interest with a little romance, a little mystery and of course a happy ending.
Vicki Gollnisch
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well written mystery/romance novel. I can totally relate to Kendra in some aspects. Everything is not as it may appear. A love triangle? Or a personal journey to find the perfect mate? A page turner as the plot twist. A must read
Kathy Church
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who was it?

This is a good book. Who did Kendra fall for. You will have to read it and see. Can you pick out the bad boys?
Steve Bender
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this ebook in a Goodreads Giveaway. It was a surprising mystery-romance, wkth the mystery being the better part. The heroine is a little fickle and too quick to fall for a guy. Good read.
Lorie Briggs
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Perfect book for a beach day or poolside read. Easy read with tidy ending.
Kristen
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A mysterious, hang on the edge of your seat story, with a romantic twist!

Upon reading the title and synopsis to the book that I was to excited to win via a giveaway, I expected to read a story about a woman in the midst of some drama, with three men pining after her.

Boy was I wrong!! The book focuses mostly on the happenings of a small town. Those of us who grew up in small towns know that many things go on behind the scenes and sometimes things are swept under the rug. This made the mysteriou
R J Mckay
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from Goodreads in exchange for a review.

First, I have to comment on the great cover…love it.
Kendra King jumped form the frying pan into the fire when she left her doctor/boyfriend, Dr. Christopher Randall, and their high-end lifestyle for the small town of Cory City. But she didn’t really have a choice. When she discovered Christopher had lied about something HUGE, living with him and covering up the lie just wasn’t an option. So off to Cory City and her BFF to lic
Carly
I won this book from Goodreads!!

There is a whole lot going on in the quick romantic mystery. Kendra breaks up with her doctor boyfriend when she finds out his dirty secret and runs away to small town with a lot of scetchy things going on like political corruption and mysterious illnesses. This where Kendra meets and befriends the title characters, the chef and the fireman, but not all is what seems.

The title of this books makes it pretty obvious that one either the doctor, the chef, or the firem
Fred
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This is an energetically written, quite funny, romance/mystery. I was pleasantly surprised at the wit of the author's writing and

the story revolves around the main character, Kendra King, who moves away from her boyfriend in one day, because of some mystery and possibly criminal activity on the part of the former beau. She settles in small town Cory City, and bonds with a group of townies including a hunky fireman and a hunky chef. But her story gets complicated by scandal in the fire departmen
Heather
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
***I won this book via the Goodreads Giveaway program. This has not influenced my review.***

What a cute, sugary-sweet book! I read it in one day easily. Perfect for the beach or a sick day.

Because it's a quick read, it doesn't contain complex plot lines or in-depth characters. However, the storyline has enough hooks and the characters make sense for this book.

If you like fun romance novels, you'll like this. I especially enjoyed one hilarious scene in the hospital - no spoilers!
Jennifer Hall
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book for free from a goodreads giveaway. It was a very quick read and I enjoyed the gist of the book. What I found unbelievable was how fast the main character moved jumped from one bed to another. And seriously?!? After two previous relationships were something sketchy happened she was super quick to jump into the third one and agree to marriage. That part felt pretty unrealistic and fantasyland to me.
Couldn't finish

Not that it's a poorly written book, but it just wasn't for me.

This book is tagged as a Romantic Suspense, but there was really no "suspense". Got a bit over half way and it couldn't keep my intrest. Sad, because I tend to finish everything even if I dont like it. This one just dragged too much for me.
Cindy
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Not at all believable. Martin character sleeps with three different men in the space of just a few weeks and ends up engaged at the end? I think it could've used a bit more thought.
Michelle
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways, kindle
Received this free from a Goodreads Giveaway.

This was a quick and easy read, but I only gave it a three because it felt too short and rushed and the main character was too weird about men. Not weird, really, but the relationships seemed too simple or forced.
Rebekka
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
If I could give half stars this would be getting a 4.5. It starts out great and ends up with a big twist! I would definitely recommend this book if your looking for a quick read that's also a great story.

This book was received as part of a Goodreads giveaway.
Katrina Oram
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok

Flaky can’t make up her mind female. Flitting from one guy to the next without trying to find out what she really likes. Not my kind of story
Nicholas
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads win

This was a fun read. The author threw in some great twists.
Shirley
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great nice and easy read. Strong characters, a combination of mystery and love. Kept me guessing till the end.
Brooke
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fast fun romantic book with a great twist at the end.
Cami
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute short read. I enjoyed it. And happy with the ending and the ‘twist’ was fun to read.
Debbie
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Fast paced, fun romance! I enjoyed the twists and turns in Kendra's journey to find the love of her life!

I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
Martha
Apr 13, 2018
Debee Sue
Feb 28, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover help 3 12 Apr 21, 2017 03:14PM
DEBBIE K. LUM is an unlikely author, a non-reader who was inspired by a self-esteem ad campaign encouraging little girls to dream big. Her romantic suspense novels feature fun, flawed characters with steamy and complicated relationships (and plenty of surprises!) In 2018, Lum released I CAN HANDLE HIM, which was called "A fresh, enjoyable tale." by BlueInk Reviews. Reviews for the book have been p ...more