Start by marking “Bad Boy's Bard (Fae Out of Water, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bad Boy's Bard (Fae Out of Water, #3)

Bad Boy's Bard

(Fae Out of Water #3)

As far as rock star Gareth Kendrick, the last true bard in Faerie, is concerned, the only good Unseelie is . . . well . . . there’s no such thing. Two centuries ago, an Unseelie lord abducted Gareth’s human lover, Niall, and Gareth has neither forgotten nor forgiven.

Niall O’Tierney, half-human son of the Unseelie King, had never lost a wager until the day he swore to rid t
Published September 18th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

☆ Todd
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it

This book was 'fine', but I must admit that I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as book 2, which was rife with snark, longing, and giving over to some pretty inevitable feelings.

In contrast, this story was chock full of secrets, lies, and never-ending attempts for the MC's to not voice how they still feel about one another, which got old fairly quickly.

Let me be honest here, folks. Gareth was the baby of the Kendrick clan and, well, just as it had in the first two stories, it pretty much showed.

G
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Weeeeeellllll...it took me forever to finally get to this one and I feel a little let down.

It wasn't a bad book but it wasn't a great book either. For the finale it was just too much story and not enough romance.

I hate the amnesia story line and well, although that was what this was it almost wasn't because there was just no time spent on the relationship! Gah! I felt so frustrated and on edge and couldn't read the words fast enough just so we could get to the good stuff and I don't know if I f
Kathleen
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, series

There were moments I disliked this book, its clumsy grammar, it’s half-hearted world building, and its protagonists acting like adolescents. There were other times I was pleasantly surprised at its clever storyline and rich atmosphere. I’ll call it even at three and a half stars.
Serena Yates
After ‘Cutie and the Beast’, starring David and Alun, and ‘The Druid Next Door’, starring Bryce and Mal, it is now time for Niall and Gareth’s story. There have been a lot of hints along the way, so I had a rough idea of what might be happening with them, but I had no idea the roller coaster they’d be facing. And that after a relationship that has not exactly been easy so far. They have faced 200 years of separation, believing each other dead, and when they meet again they face the consequences ...more
JR
Gareth, youngest of the three Kendrick brothers, fronts a band in the Outer World, which is easy, since he is the last true bard of the Fae. For 200 hundred years, Gareth has pined for his lost love.

The third book in this series revolves around Gareth and Niall, who were lovers 200 hundred years ago. They were separated. Through much misdirection, Niall thought Gareth dead. Now with something rotten in Fae World, Gareth is called upon to help right many wrongs and possibly find love again.

I t
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

BAD BOY’S BARD was always going to be a difficult novel. Like all Greater Fae, Gareth holds prejudiced views of Lesser Fae and other fantastical communities. Ever since his human lover was killed 200 years ago, Gareth has been morose, grumpy, and all other derivatives of broody. In the two previous books, he’s been cruel to his brothers, judging them harshly for their new love interests. Even though he’s the last bard of faerie, Gareth is reluctant to
Jessie H.
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Initial Thoughts 9-11-17- I'll be honest. This book was not as good as the first two. It was kind of meh and it wasn't just because of the use of the fake amnesia trope which is definitely my least favorite romance trope. Gah! The two main characters were wasted so many opportunities to communicate and it drove me crazy. There was so much lying and hiding of critical information that the romance part of the story suffered greatly for it.

Full review to come closer to the release date.

*ARC provide
Leah

I didn't enjoy this one nearly as much as the first two, due to the actions of the main characters, but it was still an overall enjoyable read. Check out the full review on my blog.
Alice
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Ugh. This book. I'm crushed by the fact that it had some of my favorite hurt/comfort tropes and could've been great...but in the end, it was only okay.

Actually, in hindsight, there wasn't actually as much hurt/comfort as I'd expected. As is par for the course—unfortunately—the promise of realistic treatment of psychological issues is never really realized. At the beginning of the book, Gareth is described as mired in suicidal grief over Niall's "death," but he's completely fine as soon as Niall
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The third book in this series throws readers straight back into the action. Having only read the second book a few weeks ago, I still found myself floundering through the first chapters trying to remember the characters and their relationships. There isn’t really any recap at the start of the book so this is probably best read directly after book two.

I almost put this story down at 30% because I couldn’t get my hea
Tina
Nov 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
This series man. The plot always seems so good but the execution is ok at best. Putting aside Gareth's creepy obsession with his 'dead' lover at the beginning of the book (view spoiler) But both MCs really annoyed me this time with their flawed logic and irrational deci ...more
Elaine White
Book – Bad Boy's Bard (Fae Out of Water #3)
Author – E.J. Russell
Star rating - ★★★☆☆
No. of Pages – 301
Cover – Gorgeous!
POV – 3rd person, dual character
Would I read it again – Unlikely.
Genre – LGBT, Fantasy, Fae, Contemporary, Romance

** COPY RECEIVED THROUGH NETGALLEY **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

It's never a good sign when a book makes me angry before I even read it. Let me quickly explain – when I read and fell in love with book 1 in the series, I marked books 2 and 3 for my instant-buy list. I
Didi
Reviewed for Night Owl Reviews

The finale of E.J. Russell's "Fae Out of Water" trilogy concludes with pomp and ceremony. And I mean in a literal sense. Following closely from where "The Druid Next Door" left off, this book brings the intrigues from the Faerie realm to the forefront. All of this has been building up since "Cutie and the Beast". With this book we get our climax.

"Bad Boy's Bard" reunites the youngest Kendrick, Gareth, with his long-lost lover, Niall. During the Convergence ceremon
Lisa The Novel Approach
~ 3.5 Stars ~

I wanted to love this third novel in the Fae Out of Water series, Bad Boy’s Bard, as much as I did the first two. I was excited to finally understand why the third Kendrick brother, Gareth, was so much of a loner—and so angry with his brothers. I was intrigued by the fact that it had been hinted at that Gareth had once loved a human and had been pining for him for over two hundred years. I wanted to finally understand the depth of his grief—a sadness that covered him so completely
Devan Huff
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I was provided with one copy of this book at no charge in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own. Review first posted on Nautical Star Books

If you love fae romance books, I definitely recommend the Fae Out of Water series by E.J. Russell. While this book wasn’t my favorite of the three, it was still very well written and enjoyable.

The summary

So, for the first two books of the series, Gareth has pretty much spent the whole time pissed off at the world but mostly, his anger is dire
Veronica of V's Reads
4.5 Stars

Gareth Kendrick is the last true bard of the Seelie. His voice has the power to command people to fall in love, heal, or commit themselves to their doom. He’s always been wary of his power, and scared of the voices of the dead that haunt him ever since his tutelage by the ghost of Gwyddion, the most recently deceased bard before Gareth.

Gareth loved only one man in his long-spanning life: Niall. Niall was a human, or so Gareth thought and they met “by chance” nearly two hundred years ago
Christi Snow
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Review:
Gareth has been in all the books. He's the last true bard...meaning, he can cause people to feel emotion and act certain ways through his music. Gareth has been a tragic figure throughout the series. He was deeply in love with a human who was killed 200 years ago. Gareth never recovered from that loss and truly has no plans to. He's on the verge of cutting all ties to Fae so he can live a mortal life with an end in sight. But then he finds out that his love is still alive.

What Gareth
Mike
An o.k. resolution to an existential threat to all Fae, but much less satisfying romance

Overall, I enjoyed the overall series quite a bit, and found the romance and sizzle in the first two parts to be strong. The third part provided a somewhat satisfying end to the political/supernatural storyline, while it was not quite as strong regarding the romance/relationship/sizzle for the pairingof the third brother and his true love.

In summary, as a fan of fae characters I am very happy I read this trio
Lyra
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This book . . . I don't know. I have this general impression that I should have more feelings towards it than I do, but at the same time, I just don't.

I mean, there were parts of it that I really liked, what with Niall and his half Unseelie fae and half human heritage moving about with the weird talking-in-your-head-things and trying to operate after a horrible upbringing and hundreds of years of torture while being in love with someone who hates his people. Awesome premise.

But then there were
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
3.5 Stars

Bad Boy's Bard can't be read as a standalone, it needs to be read after the first two books, since there's an ongoing storyline and you'll be lost otherwise, plus those books are amazing and you'll be missing out otherwise.

I didn't like Gareth in the first two books and unfortunately, my opinion of him didn't change in this book. I found him judgmental and selfish and immature. I didn't like Niall all that much at first, either, but by the time I read all he'd gone through, I'd warmed
Diverse
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: september-2017
Throughout this series we have seen glimpses of Gareth, the one true Bard. His story was revealed piece by piece but in this one we get the entire tale.

Gareth is the last of the Kendrick brothers. I don’t know what this means for the series, if it ends, or there’s spin-offs or what but I can say if the author ended it here that would bring it full circle.

I don’t want to give away any spoilers because there’s a lot revealed in this. We see all the characters in play here. David, Bryce, the Kendr
Ije the Devourer of Books
I have really enjoyed this series and although it is great to read Gareth's story I don't think this book is as enjoyable as the first to book. I think I was a bit lost with all the seelie/unseelie politics. Trying to figure out what Niall had done and why he was lying was a bit confusing.

Despite that it is great to have a final story in the trilogy and to see the three brothers and their partners all in one book. Gareth is also the most interesting character of the three brothers because he is
Dmitri Parker
Nov 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I actually hated this story from get-go.
Why did I continue reading it and then actually go so far as to finish it? Well, I told myself that maybe the author intentionally created the ultimate unlikeable main couple in an attempt to write a"different" kind of story, about people impossible to like. I mean, most authors draw up their main characters in ways that invite the reader to sympathise or even identify with them. I guess it's their way of enabling the reader to live the story not just read
Crystal Marie
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now, if you follow my reviews you should know that I have loved this series since the first book. Don't get me wrong, I did still like this book, I just didn't love it as much as I had the previous books in the series.

To me it seemed like this story was very predictable and while it was interesting, I wasn't *dying* to find out what was going to happen next.

Gareth's character was a super easy character to connect with, but I do believe that's because we had been seeing him in the previous books
Sakuko
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book, but more for the continuing of the storyline, not so much for the romance.

For a fantasy story I found the book creative and engaging and full of interesting ideas (even though the ethera tended to annoy the heck out of me with their pointless commentary), even though we spent most of the book on the outside of Faerie trying to get in. But I was invested in the outcome and wanted to know how they'd manage to save the spell.

I ended up liking Niall a lot better than Gareth. Gare
Jessi
We've seen Gareth Kendrick in the last two Fae Out of Water books. The last true bard of Faerie, he's had kind of a crappy life. First his brother sent him to be trained by dead bards (since there weren't any live ones around to do the training. Then his human lover was killed by an Unseelie Fae. And not just any Unseelie, it was none other than the new king!
Niall O’Tierney's life hasn't been any better. He's the son of the last king, half-brother of the new king and he's spent the last two hund
Barbara
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am sorry that we are seeing the end of this magical series. Gareth is the youngest brother who has been sad and bitter for two hundred years because is beloved Niall had be kidnapped and killed. While a "Convergence Spell" is being done to bring all of faerydom together, Gareth sees Niall and they run back into the human world. Gareth, because he's afraid that Niall is still in danger and Niall when he sees his father's guard ready to kill Gareth. Hiding many lies from the beginning until the ...more
Aubrey
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as books 1&2

Gareth annoyed me in the first books. And he was just as bad here, sanctimonious, "speciest," selfish and arrogant. Ugh. Sure, by the end he sees the error of his views, but it takes way to long. Add to that Niall, who is essentially lying half the book. It wouldn't be so obnoxious is it weren't for the fact that their whole selfish ploy could have killed all if Faerie, and they don't even think about it until most of the book is done. Gareth treated his brothers horr
Denise White
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SMH...

This was such an annoying read for me.... Niall and Gareth got on my dang nerves with the lying and secrets.... Especially Niall.....it was clear his keeping the lies flowing wasn't helping yet it took over 1/2 the book for him to come to his senses ....then Gareth and his high horse judgemental self ... SMH... needed to be slapped silly !!! But I was engrossed the whole book annoyance and all...hats off to the author for such an engaging read.... I hope we have a spin off series or more f
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong author/combine 3 19 Sep 19, 2017 03:34PM
E.J. Russell –grace, mother of three, recovering actor–writes romance in a rainbow of flavors. Count on high snark, low angst and happy endings.

Reality? Eh, not so much.

Fae Out of Water (3 books)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Fae Out of Water, #1)
  • The Druid Next Door (Fae Out of Water, #2)