Start by marking “Camden” as Want to Read:
Camden

Camden

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Sometimes there’s a moment when you know you’ve screwed up. For Camden Skinner, it’s the night a dead pop star walks into his pub.

As one-half of Skin, an agency which specializes in cleaning up behind the ultra-rich and infamous, Cam has gotten used to getting his hands dirty. A little too used to it. After the young singer at the center of a client’s controversy is found
ebook
Published May 23rd 2017 by Xio Axelrod LLC

To ask other readers questions about Camden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camden

Annika
description

If you're into insta-love and bossy, growly, borderline-stalkerish alpha-dudes, you'll probably love this, Cam in particular.
Since I am not, I... well... did not.

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

A hero hoping for redemption and a heroine who wants her life back share the stage in Xio Axelrod’s Camden and the result is magnetic. This story was compelling and the chemistry between these two set the pages on fire even at the beginning when there was a gun between them. A bit of suspense, some deserved wariness, a touch of trust, and some supremely sexy times made Camden a very entertaining story.

Up and coming pop singer Yara Bujold goes missing off a boat in Miami and is presumed dead espe
Amber
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading Camden, I wasnt really sure what I was in for as Ive never heard of Xio Axelrod but loved the cover. The story started out slow but about 30% in it picked up and once it got to that point there was no putting it down, I really enjoyed the drama and the intensity it brought the story. The story reminded me a lot of a movie I really love, Beyond the Lights. I loved Camden's character and how possessive he was of Yara, I also loved that he was more down to earth and was ...more
Ayekah
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story, well done and I loved Cam. These Skinner brothers are going to prove to be interesting.
Xio wrote a great story with a solid plot and great characters and just enough steam to fog up the windows.
4.5 from me and yes, thank you to Stu as well.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Camden, what a sweet, sexy read! Camden is a man on the path to redemption. He and his brother run an agency, Skin, that helps the rich and notorious clean up their problems. After Skin helped destroy a young, up and coming popstar, Yara Bujold's life by the request of her sleazy manager, Cam has felt the weight of his guilt slowly crushing what little soul he has left. It bothers him enough that he sells his half of the agency, gets out of the business and starts running his bar Skinner's. He's
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars!

When singing sensation Yara disappears in a tragic boat accident in the ocean, Camden Skinner feels the weight of his guilt crushing him for whatever part his company, Skin, might have played on her presumed death as he realizes they might have been duped by her manager. When the woman he’s been unable to stop thinking about reappears at his bar one night determined to force Camden to help her clear her name and her image, he jumps at the chance to redeem himself.

I absolutely loved Cam
InD'tale Magazine
This page-turner begins with the unthinkable and ends with a fist pump — mission accomplished!

Read full review in the 2017 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Les Joseph
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Xio Axelrod in person at RT this year and she's absolutely as personable and delightful in person as she is on social media. I've never read any of her books before but I knew I would immediately upon meeting her. When I looked on Goodreads to decide which book I'd start with, the cover for Camden immediately grabbed my attention, and really, can you blame me? The cover is simply gorgeous, as is the cover model Stuart Reardon, so I had no choice but to star ...more
Carolyn
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-it
Camden by Xio Axelrod
“Don’t let one mistake put doubt in your heart
You will learn from this and make a brand new start.” This sums up this wonderful love story. I read it in one night. Could not put it down.
Take twin brothers – Camden and Pierce Skinner. Camden all leather and denim, department store taste and Pierce, all expensive tailor made suites and costly accessories. Partners at Skin, the agency they created to save reputations of innocent people targeted by blackmailers and kidnappers.
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
Camden (A Skinners Novel) by Xio Axelrod

“Before I met ye, I was consumed with the idea of saving you. My damsel. But yer no damsel, lass. You’re strong and brave, and so beautiful I ache for you.”

So dear reader you took notice of this smokin’ hawt cover and now you are hooked! Am I right? The author wastes no time in drawing us in to the mystery surrounding the disappearance of lovely pop singer sensation Yara Bujold. Yara is loved for her music but judged harshly over her reputation of being a
Downward dog
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: musician, suspense

I was given an advanced copy of this book to write an honest review for Netgalley and Cocktails and Books.

This is the first book I have read by Xio Axelrod. I decided to read it because it sounded interesting and I am happy to say, I was not disappointed. This is a fast paced, engaging story filled with intrigue and passion. The writing style is solid and the dynamics between the characters are realistic and interesting.

Yara, a successful young pop star is so fru
Terri
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio version of this book. This was my first book by Xio Axelrod. The story was so much more than I had anticipated. More emotion, more exploration into the characters...just more of all the good things.
I don't usually like books about rock stars, pop stars, movie stars or models. However, Axelrod really worked on the characterization of Yara and really humanized her in a way that a lot of books dealing with that type of character don't ("Look at me! I'm rich and famous! Look
L.S. Bergman
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thought I'd post a quick review, as I just finished reading 'Camden' and loved it! Congrats Xio! Another enthralling romance with twists and turns in a plot which had the reader hoping for the HEA. I've enjoyed all of this author's work to date, and love both her penmenship and the international flavor often incorporated into her work. This is not easy to do, but with her gorgeous Camden character she hits the nail on the head. He is both authentic and swoon worthy, flawed in a way which more th ...more
Terry Moskowitz
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
What happens when you become obsessed with someone that you know was done wrong and you were partly responsible? Something that maybe you can fix especially when you are convinced this person paid with their life. First you decide to pull back from the business you are in with your brother that is until you look up and see what you are assuming is a ghost.
What a start to a story a story that will pull you in from the first word and not let you down at all.
Camden is all that and Yara is who is go
Pidabean
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
My first book I read of Xio Axelrod, was Falling Stars and I loved it. I haven't read the second book because I didn't want the story to end yet. But I got the chance to read another one of Xio Axelrod's books.

Camden met my expectations. It was a great story about second chances and doing the right thing. I enjoyed the development of Yara and Camden's relationship. I liked the bit of adventure with finding out what Yara's music manager was doing with her career. I enjoyed watching Yara come int
RaeLatte
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
amden by Xio Axelrod is raw, intense and sizzles in this fast paced story of a tragedy that has pushed Camden Skinner to make amends and uncover the truth regarding a terrible mistake.

Yara Bujold is a story of a woman who risks everything when she trusts the one man who helped seal her fate.

This story will keep you reading till the very last page. There are plenty of surprises and twist to this must read story.
Ida Louise
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How do you atone for the wrong you have caused another? Camden and his brother’s company took steps away from what they once were about. Yara comes to make them correct the wrongs they have committed in her world. Camden is not all whom Yara expected. Can she trust him to make things right? Loved that Ms. Axelrod brings characters from some of her other stories into the world of Camden and Yara.
Amy Castleberry
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s easy to love these two very different, but very strong characters. Their banter and the way they challenge one other will take you on a page turning ride. Xio has crafted a story with intrigue, obsession, and you can’t help but get sucked in. Plus, I love the exploration of the music industry, warts and all!
S.C. Mitchell
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one was so much fun. Great chemistry between the H/h. And I love the way familiar characters from Ms. Axelrod's other books drift in and out of this story. I may just have to plan a vacation in Philadelphia.
Xyla Turner
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intricate

Loved the story, plot and telling that Xio has penned! Their relationship grew over time and that was perfect! I am anticipating Pierce's story with Tessa!
Tami

netgalley

Well written good read.
Krystal
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novel did not disappoint! It provided suspense galore, steamy sex, and satisfaction in its climax! Looking forward to reading more from the talent that is Xio Axelrod in the future!
Tara Renee
Everly Lucas
Jul 25, 2017
Dena
Jun 22, 2017
Xio Axelrod is a USA Today Bestselling author of love stories, contemporary romance and (what she likes to call) strange, twisted tales. She also writes erotica as Xio Nin. Xio grew up in the music industry and began recording at a young age. When she isn’t writing stories, she can be found in the studio, writing songs, or performing on international stages (under a different, not-so-secret name o ...more