Start by marking “The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie” as Want to Read:
The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie

The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie

At seventeen, music legend Dylan McAthie ran away from his Alabama home to chase his dreams. Years later, he’s forced to return—coming full circle to escape the nightmare his life has become. Hounded by paparazzi and plagued by the aftermath of personal and professional loss, Dylan craves some quiet anonymity so he can regroup and sort out what lies ahead.

Hired by his estr
Published June 1st 2017 by Serrated Edge Publishing

Nancee Cain
Apr 14, 2017 Nancee Cain rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
After a near-death accident—not to mention the death of his musical career—Dylan McAthie finds himself in the care of a private-duty nurse. He’s hoping she’s the naughty kind, but his brother hired her, so she’s probably an old battleax. Turns out Jennifer Adams is neither; she’s the one who will rock his world.
Jennifer Lane
He Lives?

After falling for Nancee Cain's spunky heroines and complex heroes in her supernatural novels, I was excited to learn she wrote a contemporary romance. She sticks to her Southern settings in this story, which takes place in Pine Bluff, Alabama.

Dylan McAthie is a rock star who has fallen on hard times. The lead singer of his band as well as his pregnant ex-girlfriend have died from drug overdoses. He's alienated from his family. And, he has sustained severe physical injuries from a car a
Beverly
May 18, 2017 Beverly rated it really liked it
“Your eyes. That’s my favorite goddamned color.”

photo tumblr_inline_oo770tKUSQ1szvc18_540_zpstrxmdd9z.gif

Nancee writes amazing stories about angels and she didn't disappoint me with her new romance story. Our hero? A rock star. I love rock stars!

photo f3adba3e5f9a58ec8e3f6f07b95bf6ca_zpsguntuhhn.gif

It's a sweet, beautiful stories with a hero with a lot of issues and our heroine with issues of her own but not as big as Dylan's. This story is about fate and second chances. The second chances you give yourself. Re-discovering who you really are and finding out the person who helped you was there all alo
Monica
A contemporary romance from Nancee? Hell yeah! Sorry Angels... althought we can't see them, they do try to do their job.

Dylan McAthie was a rock star who didn't know how to deal with fame. Rock stars never do. Unless they are driven toward the right direction. With family and friends.
If not they would probably die or try a near death experience. That was what happened to Dylan. But he was lucky it was not his time to go.

Young nurse Jennifer Adams, was hired to help him. His behavior hasn't chang
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Looking for an angsty rockstar romance mixed with sweet southern charm?  The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie by Nancee Cain is the perfect book to rock your heart southern style.

Dylan McAthie's world has imploded.  His professional life and personal life has collided and left him wounded mentally and physically.  He has returned home to Alabama to heal after a serious car accident and life altering events.  Little does he realize that sometimes the healing process, both physically and emotionall
Kirsty Fitzpatrick
Jun 08, 2017 Kirsty Fitzpatrick rated it it was amazing
First things first: This review won’t contain any spoilers. Because I’m nice like that… contrary to what my husband might say.

I was gifted a digital copy and, after reading it, I ordered a hardcopy (get building more shelves, Husband). If a book’s good I like to own a real version… one that I can sniff when the mood takes me (ever tried sniffing a Kindle? It’s very disappointing and people look at you like you’re crazy).

I have to admit, I dip in and out of contemporary romance because I get a t
Chantell Reid
Jun 08, 2017 Chantell Reid rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down! Humor, sarcasm, love, it has some steamy moments without the graphic details. It will make you cry with grief and with love. It will also make you wanna yell.

Dylan is a righteous ass that has had his fair share of grief and pain. Lonely yet afraid to get attached, At 30 years old, he is still struggling with the ideas of being an adult. But, as a rockstar and the burdens that brings, why would he? He has money and fame. What else could he need? A car accident and a young n
Susie Steinle
Jun 05, 2017 Susie Steinle rated it it was amazing
I loved this author's previous work, so was very excited to read this new contemporary romance by Nancee Cain. I was not disappointed. I was engrossed in this well written story from the very first page.

Dylan McAthie is a rockstar who is somewhat broken after having endured tragic and life changing events. He is also a bit of an ass, but a loveable ass all the same. Jennifer is a sweet, innocent young girl (with some spunk I might add) who is employed to nurse the broken rockstar back to health
Robin Parrish
Jun 09, 2017 Robin Parrish rated it it was amazing
My new book boyfriend

Dylan is everything you want in a book boyfriend. Musician, bad boy, brooding, checkered past. Jennifer is the preacher's daughter and nurse trying to make her way in the world. Bring them together and see iron really does sharpen iron.

There is undeniable chemistry between these two.
And I love how the secondary characters are so necessary to this story. Nance Cain's writing encircles you when you are reading and puts you right into the emotional states her characters are i
Chele
Jun 01, 2017 Chele rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic and fabulous story. You need to read it. There are many topics that take place and they are handled with care.
5 emotional stars.
READ THIS!!!!
Laura Voss
Jun 11, 2017 Laura Voss rated it really liked it
I love a story about a crash and burn rock star and Dylan was exactly that. Not only was his band falling apart around him but he had literally crashed his car. He was trying to hide out and recover with a private nurse back home at his grandma's house.

Dylan was dealing with so much pain both physically and mentally and he was taking it out on everyone around him. Jennifer, the nurse, turns out to be just what Dylan needed. She stands up to him and doesn't let him push her around or push her awa
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Jun 20, 2017 Kristine (A Cozy Booknook) rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2017
I really enjoyed this book. The author has created a story with complex characters trying to navigate their way through new chapters in their lives. There is a rollercoaster of emotions that are wonderfully portrayed within the pages of the book. This is the first book by this author I have read and it won't be my last.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Jo Dawson
Jun 12, 2017 Jo Dawson rated it it was amazing
Nancee Cain has written a gem of a book in the Resurrection of Dylan McAthie. Rock star Dylan and his young nurse Jennifer are so far deep in their own heads that despite attraction for each other, they can't help but sabotage themselves at every turn. One is young and naive, the other jaded and cynical; together they are a hot freaking mess....but they are hot. I really enjoyed this book and always love the relationship driven approach Ms. Cain has in her writing.
Joyce Pennington
May 19, 2017 Joyce Pennington rated it it was amazing
It's a joy when this author releases a new book and I as a reader was particularly excited for this this one! This tale of a broken rock star Dylan McAthie and the young innocent pastors daughter Jennifer does not disappoint. It's edgy, romantic and sizzling, a definite page turner. Some of the witty one liners will have you rolling with laughter.
For me this a definite 5 star read.
A T
A T rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2017
Jomunt
Jomunt rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2017
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2017
Judy Evans
Judy Evans rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2017
LaDonna
I will admit I had some ups and downs with this book, but overall it is a very solid read. The book starts with Dylan McAthie, rock god, sneaking out of a hospital he has been in for 6 weeks, with a fake toe tag into a waiting hearse. He certainly acts like your stereotypical, spoiled rockstar to start things off, especially unhappy to be hiding in his Alabama home, an inheritance from his beloved grandmother, with a private nurse hired by his estranged brother. There seems to be no love lost be ...more
Rhiannon Jean
Rhiannon Jean marked it as to-read
Fiona Tulle
Fiona Tulle marked it as to-read
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jessica Garcia
Jessica Garcia marked it as to-read
Marie Savage
Marie Savage marked it as to-read
Carol Oates
Carol Oates marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2017
Beck Anderson
Beck Anderson marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2017
Mariela
Mariela marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2017
Sophy Sorn
Sophy Sorn marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2017
Karen Gordon
Karen Gordon marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2017
Carolina León
Carolina León marked it as to-read
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Dawne
Dawne marked it as to-read
Martyk
Martyk marked it as to-read
Suzanne Stanley
Suzanne Stanley marked it as to-read
Wanda Slack
Wanda Slack marked it as to-read
Christine Izzo
Christine Izzo marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2017
Sarah marked it as to-read
Laura Schwab
Laura Schwab marked it as to-read
Eunice J
Eunice J is currently reading it
Brenda Buschmann
Brenda Buschmann marked it as to-read
Lori  Wills
Lori Wills marked it as to-read
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
LostInPA
LostInPA marked it as to-read
Katrina Dehart
Katrina Dehart marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2017
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2017
During the day, Nancee Cain works as a nurse/counselor in the field of addiction to support her coffee and reading habit. Nights are spent writing paranormal and contemporary romances with a serrated edge.

Authors are her rock stars, and she’s been known to stalk a few for an autograph, but not in a scary, Stephen King way. Her husband swears her To-Be-Read list qualifies her as a certifiable book
More about Nancee Cain...