Start by marking “The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie (A Pine Bluff Novel, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie (A Pine Bluff Novel, #1)

The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie

(Pine Bluff #1)

At seventeen, music legend Dylan McAthie ran away from his Alabama home to chase his dreams. Years later, he’s forced to return—coming full circle to escape the nightmare his life has become. Hounded by paparazzi and plagued by the aftermath of personal and professional loss, Dylan craves some quiet anonymity so he can regroup and sort out what lies ahead.

Hired by his estr
Published June 1st 2017 by Serrated Edge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie, please sign up.
Nancee Cain I do have a play list on Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/user/1218453... Dylan is inspired by a few musicians I've known.…moreI do have a play list on Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/user/1218453... Dylan is inspired by a few musicians I've known.(less)

Start your review of The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie (A Pine Bluff Novel, #1)
Jennifer Lane
He Lives?

After falling for Nancee Cain's spunky heroines and complex heroes in her supernatural novels, I was excited to learn she wrote a contemporary romance. She sticks to her Southern settings in this story, which takes place in Pine Bluff, Alabama.

Dylan McAthie is a rock star who has fallen on hard times. The lead singer of his band as well as his pregnant ex-girlfriend have died from drug overdoses. He's alienated from his family. And, he has sustained severe physical injuries from a car a
Nancee Cain
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
After a near-death accident—not to mention the death of his musical career—Dylan McAthie finds himself in the care of a private-duty nurse. He’s hoping she’s the naughty kind, but his brother hired her, so she’s probably an old battleax. Turns out Jennifer Adams is neither; she’s the one who will rock his world.
Beverly
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Your eyes. That’s my favorite goddamned color.”

photo tumblr_inline_oo770tKUSQ1szvc18_540_zpstrxmdd9z.gif

Nancee writes amazing stories about angels and she didn't disappoint me with her new romance story. Our hero? A rock star. I love rock stars!

photo f3adba3e5f9a58ec8e3f6f07b95bf6ca_zpsguntuhhn.gif

It's a sweet, beautiful stories with a hero with a lot of issues and our heroine with issues of her own but not as big as Dylan's. This story is about fate and second chances. The second chances you give yourself. Re-discovering who you really are and finding out the person who helped you was there
Coco.V
Feb 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/23/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
At seventeen, music legend Dylan McAthie ran away from his Alabama home to chase his dreams. Years later, he’s forced to return—coming full circle to escape the nightmare his life has become. Hounded by paparazzi and plagued by the aftermath of personal and professional loss, Dylan craves some quiet anonymity so he can regroup and sort out what lies ahead.

Hired by his estranged brother, Jennifer Adams knows exactly who Dylan is. She grew up next door to
Teresa
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Just a very concise review simply by mentioning the kindle collections I have filed this book in:

*Rock stars*

*Mental health/Abuse/Addictions*

*Big age difference*

*Frenemies to lovers*

*Bad boys and virgins*

*Marriage of convenience*

*Stupid misunderstandings*

*No cliffhanger*

I did enjoy it very much. It was my first book by this author, who had been under my radar for a while because of recommendations from book bloggers and GR friends. I will come back for more in her back catalogue at some p
Monica
A contemporary romance from Nancee? Hell yeah! Sorry Angels... althought we can't see them, they do try to do their job.

Dylan McAthie was a rock star who didn't know how to deal with fame. Rock stars never do. Unless they are driven toward the right direction. With family and friends.
If not they would probably die or try a near death experience. That was what happened to Dylan. But he was lucky it was not his time to go.

Young nurse Jennifer Adams, was hired to help him. His behavior hasn't chang
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Looking for an angsty rockstar romance mixed with sweet southern charm?  The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie by Nancee Cain is the perfect book to rock your heart southern style.

Dylan McAthie's world has imploded.  His professional life and personal life has collided and left him wounded mentally and physically.  He has returned home to Alabama to heal after a serious car accident and life altering events.  Little does he realize that sometimes the healing process, both physically and emotion
Tina Wickham duckwald
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Winner

Nancee Cain does it again. I enjoyed getting to know the characters of her Pine Bluff Series. Great love story of the two main characters Dylan and Jennifer. I love reading about the bad boys who aren't really bad. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
Elin Eriksen
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Contemporary Romance

A modern forced marriage scenario between the young minister's daughter and the badass rockstar.
The book evolved around the sexual tension between the H/h spiced a little mystery surrounding Dylan's previous romantic involvements.

I rarely want a book to end sans the HEA but this was one of those cases. I have a thing for the badass hero but I prefer them with a reeding quality or two which was difficult to find in Dylan. A stupid heroine is more problematic to overcome thoug
Vickie Weeks
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Opposites Attract in this Steamy Southern Romance

Dylan McAthie arrives in Pine Bluff, Alabama broken physically and mentally. Thirteen years ago, Dylan left his home town when he rose to rock star fame. Following a horrific accident, he seeks rehabilitation in familiar surroundings and a safe haven from paparazzi.

Jennifer Adams is the girl next door who has had a secret crush on Dylan since she was a kid. She is the daughter of a preacher and has had a very strict upbringing. Jennifer has just
Fiona Tulle
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nancee does it again! (Read her books if you haven't!)

I will be honest, I wanted to strangle in this story, but I found a soft spot for him. I want to squeeze Jennifer though. She is sweet and an interesting dichotomy in this story.

Without giving away plot, I suggest you read this rock star story with a sweet romance!
LaDonna
I will admit I had some ups and downs with this book, but overall it is a very solid read. The book starts with Dylan McAthie, rock god, sneaking out of a hospital he has been in for 6 weeks, with a fake toe tag into a waiting hearse. He certainly acts like your stereotypical, spoiled rockstar to start things off, especially unhappy to be hiding in his Alabama home, an inheritance from his beloved grandmother, with a private nurse hired by his estranged brother. There seems to be no love lost be ...more
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third book of Nancee’s that I’ve read, but the first of her stories that wasn’t set within the supernatural genre. Having met and spoken with the author numerous times, I can attest to her true southern charm, and the first book of the Pine Bluff series does an excellent job of immersing the reader into the rural life of Alabama, so much so that I was yearning to take her book and sit out on the porch with a cool glass of lemonade.

I enjoyed the sassy banter between Dylan and Jennifer
Susie Steinle
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this author's previous work, so was very excited to read this new contemporary romance by Nancee Cain. I was not disappointed. I was engrossed in this well written story from the very first page.

Dylan McAthie is a rockstar who is somewhat broken after having endured tragic and life changing events. He is also a bit of an ass, but a loveable ass all the same. Jennifer is a sweet, innocent young girl (with some spunk I might add) who is employed to nurse the broken rockstar back to health
Chantell Reid
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down! Humor, sarcasm, love, it has some steamy moments without the graphic details. It will make you cry with grief and with love. It will also make you wanna yell.

Dylan is a righteous ass that has had his fair share of grief and pain. Lonely yet afraid to get attached, At 30 years old, he is still struggling with the ideas of being an adult. But, as a rockstar and the burdens that brings, why would he? He has money and fame. What else could he need? A car accident and a young n
Mary Waldman
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm pretty fussy about romance series I start. I want messy, genuine heroes and heroines who make mistakes. I want a bit of glamour but not a lot. I don't want to have to remember who a thousand supporting characters are. And I really, really don't want thirty pages of backstory in the first thirty-five pages.
I'm happy to say I'm committed to Nancee Cain's romance series. I love that Dylan has flaws, and that Jennifer is an awkward home-town girl. But what I love even more is how they work thro
Robin Parrish
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My new book boyfriend

Dylan is everything you want in a book boyfriend. Musician, bad boy, brooding, checkered past. Jennifer is the preacher's daughter and nurse trying to make her way in the world. Bring them together and see iron really does sharpen iron.

There is undeniable chemistry between these two.
And I love how the secondary characters are so necessary to this story. Nance Cain's writing encircles you when you are reading and puts you right into the emotional states her characters are i
Tiffany
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the good girl falls for bad boy storyline.
Dylan can be an exasperating ass at times and lets his past get in his way too many times, but when he falls for Jennifer....... he falls. It takes him...... AWHILE to get his head out of his ... (lol) but he does eventually get there and loves her right.
Jennifer is young and a bit naive, but she sees the potential in Dylan and falls for the bits of goodness he lets slip now and again. She's not quite the pushover he expects and keeps him on his
Eunice J
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved this book! Such a sweet story and I found myself in Alabama with the characters watching it all unfold. Most definitely looking forward to the next book in the series. This story reminded me why I fell in love with Wuthering Heights so long ago. Thank you Nancee!

'I shall love mine yet; and take him with me: he's in my soul.' ~ Emily Brontë
Chele
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic and fabulous story. You need to read it. There are many topics that take place and they are handled with care.
5 emotional stars.
READ THIS!!!!
Karen
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holly molly, Dylan is such a messed up sexy as guy I wanted to shake. Jennifer a young naive & sweet as she was, I wanted to strangle her for her sweet innocence. I loved the story line, the frustration, the heart ache, the loss and the love. Couldn’t putting this book down.
Brenda Lively
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As an avid Nancee Cain fan, I was not disappointed with The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie. Looking forward to more Pine Bluff stories.
Kristine
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2017
I really enjoyed this book. The author has created a story with complex characters trying to navigate their way through new chapters in their lives. There is a rollercoaster of emotions that are wonderfully portrayed within the pages of the book. This is the first book by this author I have read and it won't be my last.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Haylee James
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My oh my is book is fantastic. Dylan and Jennifer and completely great together and I love how he finally opens up and starts just being himself with her not the fake bravado that he has made. But problems rear their ugly heads and he has choices to make. It's an amazing book that you have to read. ...more
Laura Voss
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love a story about a crash and burn rock star and Dylan was exactly that. Not only was his band falling apart around him but he had literally crashed his car. He was trying to hide out and recover with a private nurse back home at his grandma's house.

Dylan was dealing with so much pain both physically and mentally and he was taking it out on everyone around him. Jennifer, the nurse, turns out to be just what Dylan needed. She stands up to him and doesn't let him push her around or push her awa
Shannon Stuckey
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read!

I really enjoyed reading Dylan and Jennifer's story. I'm not going to lie, there were several times when I wanted to reach inside my kindle and smack both upside their heads and scream TALK TO EACH OTHER lol I am excited to see what else Nancee Cain has in-store for us in Pine Bluff.
Kirsty Fitzpatrick
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First things first: This review won’t contain any spoilers. Because I’m nice like that… contrary to what my husband might say.

I was gifted a digital copy and, after reading it, I ordered a hardcopy (get building more shelves, Husband). If a book’s good I like to own a real version… one that I can sniff when the mood takes me (ever tried sniffing a Kindle? It’s very disappointing and people look at you like you’re crazy).

I have to admit, I dip in and out of contemporary romance because I get a t
Leanne
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this story. I've got a thing for an older man romance at the minute and this one has topped the list.
At points, I could swear I actually felt my heart breaking. Loved the characters, although sometimes I wanted bang their heads together, hitting Jennifer a little harder!
On to the next in the series!
Teri
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by this author and I was glad I gave her a chance. Her characters and the blurb drew me into what I hoped wouldn't be the sex filled rocker book but an emotional journey instead. I was happy that I was correct. This emotional roller coaster was just that, Dylan although the older of the two sometimes felt just as emotionally young. Never facing up to issues just running and letting others handle the fallout had been his norm. Having her as his nurse, well she might be enoug ...more
Staci
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Many lives have moments so broken there seems no hope.

The dream each one could find the exact person that frustrated & inspired to heal is beautiful. Sweet innocence to the jaded soul. Steamy and full of all lives most inconvenient misconceptions. Blessed are those who live out these circumstances in the humble peace of privacy.

• The Relationship Pact (Kings of Football, #3)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Take a Number (Wait With Me, #4)
  • Never Got Over You
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Highlander for the Holidays (Highlander, #8)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Say It's Not Fake: An Enemies to Lovers Fake Marriage Romance (Southport Love Stories Book 3)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Breaker
  • Level Up (Violent Circle, #5)
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Heart's Insanity (Angel Fire, #1)
I write character driven stories that deal with serious issues with angst and lots of humor. Life is too short to take things too seriously! You can find all my books here: https://www.nanceecain.com/books/

And feel free to stalk me here:
Website: https://www.nanceecain.com/
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/nance...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NanceeCainAu...
FB Reader’s Group: https://w

Pine Bluff (7 books)
  • The Redemption of Emma Devine (Pine Bluff, #2)
  • The Rehabilitation of Angel Sinclair (Pine Bluff, #3)
  • The Redirection of Damien Sinclair (Pine Bluff, #4)
  • The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (Pine Bluff, #5)
  • The Reintroduction of Sammie Morgan (Pine Bluff, #6)
  • The Realization of Grayson Deschanelle (Pine Bluff, #7)