Start by marking “Thicker than Water (Murray of Letho, #10)” as Want to Read:
Thicker than Water (Murray of Letho, #10)

Thicker than Water

(Murray of Letho #10)

When young Walter finds a dead body along with the dead fish in his tutor’s fishpond, he knows he should tell his old master, Charles Murray of Letho. The dead man leaves a pretty wife and child and a broken string quartet, but someone must have profited by his death – could it be the avenger from his past as his widow fears, or is it someone from closer at hand? St. Andre ...more
Published April 29th 2017 by The Kellas Cat Press

To ask other readers questions about Thicker than Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thicker than Water

Start your review of Thicker than Water (Murray of Letho, #10)
Vikas
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was provided a review e-book copy by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was already a difficult read for me considering this is the 10th book in the series and I didn't know anything about the character and the series. So first of all the period where the series is set early 19th century, now there would be fans for that but I could care less.

Then there was the matter of formatting in the e-book
Kath Middleton
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charles Murray, Laird of Letho, is in St Andrews and visits his old tutor, who is taking the education of young Walter in hand. Walter makes a better student than he ever did junior servant. While Murray is there, a young man is found dead in the garden, apparently deliberately drowned in the fish pond. Murray and the constable try to discover who was responsible. It seems that many of their apparently respectable social circle have something to hide.

This, the tenth Murray of Letho novel, is, fo
Rethi
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plot:
I thoroughly enjoyed the plot of this book. It has just the right amount of drama and mystery combination to keep me guessing. The book is well written with the right amount of information being provided at the right time.

Characters:
The characters are well developed and makes me want to pick up the other books in the series.

Language & Narrative:
I Loved the setting of the book... the author made everything come alive through her words. The narrative and the flow of the story is done in a way
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow
Lynda Wilcox
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a thoroughly entertaining read, with lots of twists and turns and a satisfying ending. The characters, of which there were many, were all well-drawn and individual, and the plot strands all explained in the conclusion.

Although this is book 10 in the series, it worked well as a stand-alone. I knew I had read one Murray of Letho book before - now I'll have to go back and read the ones I've missed. That should keep me reading well into the autumn.
Virginia
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very different sort of mystery. Lots of interesting characters, extremely good editing.
Amita Sehrawat
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The review was first posted on Amita's Pen

I actually wanted to give 3.5 stars, but then obviously I can not. So the higher one goes out as the rule:)

Honestly, I had some problem initially with the tone of writing, but as I held my patience, I got the heck of at and was more and more comfortable. I would not say that it's an easy read but then it's not difficult as-well. The story starts with artist, leading to a pleasant journey. There were curiosity, mystery, accidents, murder, blood, shock and
Karen
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book leads you - together with Charles Murray - to visit professor Shaw in St Andrews. His former servant Walter finds a dead man in one of the professor's ponds.

With Thicker Than Water, Lexie Conyngham has created the 10th suspense story in the Murray of Letho series. It can be read as standalone as well; in my case it took me a while to get familiar with the characters, making my start slowly until I really got into the flow. From that moment on, it was a quite compelling and fun read, dr
Liliyana Shadowlyn
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling historical mystery, that fans of Mel Starr's "Hugh de Singleton" series will love, 'Thicker Than Water' is a must read for this summer. Although the 10th in the chronicles of "Murray of Letho", this book is fine as a standalone. It's the first book from this author that I have read, and I can't wait to read the rest of the series (I actually loved it so much I went to Amazon and bought the whole series!) I absolutely could not put this book down as I followed Murray puzzle his way th ...more
Susan
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
1817. Charles Murray is visiting St. Andrews, staying at Professor Shaw's home, now the home of his ex-servant Walter. On returning from a recital, they find a body in one of the ponds in the garden.
The dead man leaves a wife and child behind, the wife believing that it is someone from their past who is guilty. Murray with the help of Constable Round investigate.
An enjoyable and well-written mystery, another delightful story with a fine cast of characters
Nancy M Aleksey
Jul 15, 2018
Markus Rieder
Sep 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Corpse at Windsor Bridge (Stephen Attebrook Mysteries #10)
  • Deadly Affair (Alec Halsey Mystery, #2)
  • Caught Red-Handed (Servant of the Crown Mystery, #5)
  • Long Range (Joe Pickett #20)
  • Deadly Engagement (Alec Halsey Mystery, #1)
  • The Canterbury Murders (Stanton & Barling, #3)
  • Ordeal by Fire (A Bradecote and Catchpoll Investigation, #2)
  • One Night in Drake Mansion (Skeptic Detective, #1)
  • Dangerous Diana (Brambridge Novels Book 3)
  • The Excalibur Codex
  • Daniel's True Desire (True Gentlemen, #2)
  • Dukes and Indiscretions
  • Good and Cheap: Eat Well on $4/Day
  • The Prepper's Pantry: A Prepper's Guide to Whole Food on a Half-Price Budget
  • The Prepper's Canning Guide: Affordably Stockpile a Lifesaving Supply of Nutritious, Delicious, Shelf-Stable Foods
  • A Duke in Turmoil: Dangerous Dukes Vol 9
  • Murder In The Caravan (Redmond and Haze Mysteries, #4)
  • The Nidderdale Murders (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries, #5)
Author of three historical crime fiction series: Murray of Letho, Hippolyta Napier, and Orkneyinga Murders, Lexie lives in North-East Scotland and after some years of trying the traditional methods (with absolute and complete lack of success) she was persuaded to test her limited technical skills with e-books. When she isn't writing (that would be Sundays) she teaches, knits, gardens, drinks wine ...more

Murray of Letho (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Death in a Scarlet Gown (Murray of Letho, #1)
  • Knowledge of Sins Past (Murray of Letho, #2)
  • Service of the Heir (Murray of Letho, #3)
  • An Abandoned Woman (Murray of Letho #4)
  • Fellowship with Demons (Murray of Letho, #5)
  • The Tender Herb: A Murder in Mughal India (Murray of Letho Book 6)
  • Death of an Officer's Lady (Murray of Letho, #7)
  • Out of a Dark Reflection (Murray of Letho Book 8)
  • Slow Death by Quicksilver (Murray of Letho, #9)
  • A Deficit of Bones (Murray of Letho, #11)